Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #1591
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Definitely. It'll be funny if you end up in the same section as me or nearby!
Funny and awesome!! But I am not counting on that at all. I'm thinking we'll be towards the back.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #1592
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Check out Jared's blog post on the main page of the ning site. FINALLY someone has said something to a fan that is a bit "out of touch"!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #1593
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I just read that there are already people camped out at The Today Show. INSANE!!! What's worse is that someone has their five year old with them. That is just bad parenting in my opinion. I would never drag my kids with me to camp on the streets of NYC, or anywhere, just to get good seats for a free concert. Not even a concert... just a performance. N-U-T-S!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #1594
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I just read that there are already people camped out at The Today Show. INSANE!!! What's worse is that someone has their five year old with them. That is just bad parenting in my opinion. I would never drag my kids with me to camp on the streets of NYC, or anywhere, just to get good seats for a free concert. Not even a concert... just a performance. N-U-T-S!!!
ITA. Crazy. Poor kid.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #1595
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

I know I heard about that too! As a matter of fact, I'm on another board and someone there posted and asked why I wasn't there camped out.

By the way, if anyone is interested the site is www.rantalot.com. It's actually our own travel site. We started it with some friends. It's very small, just over 50 members. Just thought I'd mention it.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-05-2009, 07:06 AM   #1596
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Morning, ladies. I'm exhausted. Last night I made a recipe I found on here for French Toast Load which is supposed to be like the one they used to have at the Main Street Bakery. I don't know, I never got a chance to have it before they discontinued it...so I'm hoping this is good!

I had to get up at 5:45 to put it in the oven. I wanted Noah to have a nice, hearty breakfast because he has standardized tests all week. And today is my hubby's 40th birthday. So, I thought a nice, warm breakfast would be in order.

But I feel tuckered out. I did go back to bed after I put it in the oven but didn't really snooze.

I think I might take the kids to school and then go back to bed. (especially since it's dreary out)

I'll check in later on!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #1597
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

They discontinued the french toast loaf?!?!?!?!?!!! We had it in September and it was amazing! I am way bummed that I won't be having it again. You will have to post your recipe, Shelby.

Happy Birthday to your hubby, good luck to Noah, and I hope you get some rest!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #1598
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor

Here's the recipe, ladies. Yes, I was told the French Toast Loaf is no more. I never got to try it!!

YIELD: 1 Loaf

Ingredients:

12 slices day-old white bread (preferably a homestyle white, not Wonder Bread
type) **
8 oz. butter (chilled and sliced)

Brown sugar batch:
9 oz, light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together and set aside.

Batter:
10 oz. heavy cream
4 large eggs
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together and refrigerate until ready to use.

Liberally spray a loaf pan with Pam or other vegetable spray. Layer three slices day old bread on bottom of pan. Sprinkle 1/3 brown sugar mixture on top of bread, then layer 1/3 of the butter. Repeat these steps two more times. Top off with three more slices of bread (should have a total of 12 slices of bread). Press down with hand to compact bread into loaf pan.

Slowly pour 16 oz. of batter over top of loaf, covering completely. This may take a little time, to allow it to fully absorb into bread and flow into spaces at bottom. (Take your time here and pour into corners. Lift bread at corners a little to get into bottom quicker if you want.)

Place loaf pan on some paper towel in case of overflow. Cover top of loaf with parchment paper and wrap top tightly with aluminum foil. Place in refrigerator and allow to sit overnight.

Heat oven to 325º F. Bake for approximately 1 hour or until internal temperature in center of loaf is 160 degrees. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Place a plate on top of loaf pan and invert to remove from pan. Cut into 7 slices and serve.

** I’m told you can use other types of bread, French or Italian cut into slices**

Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 AM   #1599
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I found the best card for my mom. On the front it says 'When the going gets tough...' and when you open it, it reads 'The tough call mom. Happy Mothers Day!' It's a musical card and guess what it plays....Hangin Tough! It's the perfect card from me. I couldn't wait to tell you girls!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #1600
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I found the best card for my mom. On the front it says 'When the going gets tough...' and when you open it, it reads 'The tough call mom. Happy Mothers Day!' It's a musical card and guess what it plays....Hangin Tough! It's the perfect card from me. I couldn't wait to tell you girls!
That is awesome! I will have to look for that one. Last week I bought several bday cards at Hallmark that play "The Right Stuff". A few of my NKOTB friends don't have bdays for a few months, but I wanted to make sure I had that card for them!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 PM   #1601
kte28
Mouseketeer

Hi ladies!

Thank you all so much for all the compliments and comments. Pics should be uploaded tonight, and I'll give you all the link tomorrow probably. Definitely worth the money for those few precious moments. It got me in SUCH cruise mode, though. 8 days and counting! This weekend I have to pack and do TONS of homework. The semester started last night, and I'm missing 2 nights class for one class, and one night each of the other 2. I have to get all my assignments done early, so I have triple the work as a usual weekend. I'm afraid I bit off more than I can chew trying to take 3 classes along with a full time job. Since it's only half as long as a regular semester, I thought I could suck it up and get through it, but the workload is tremendous. Fortunately one of the classes is a Business Statistics course, and I was a math major as an undergrad, so I've taken my fair share of stats courses.

That French Toast recipe sounds so yummy! I'm so sick of my Special K breakfasts, but since I've been booked on the cruise I've been in hyper fitness mode. I'm always big on working out and running, but food-wise I usually let myself have the occasional muffin or chocolate chip pancake breakfast, maybe the occasional less than nutritious lunch, but I cut all that out back in January. Now my indulgence is one night a week I get pizza.

Anyways, hope you all have a wonderful day!

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 05-05-2009, 12:58 PM   #1602
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Kim, I applaud your self-control and discipline!!! I wish I had even half of what you have!!! Of course, if I did, I'd be a thin little thing like I was before kids. I've got to just suck it up and do it I guess. <sigh> I got lazy and it shows.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #1603
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

I have got to get to Hallmark! I want those cards.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #1604
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Ladies, it has been a nap day for me. LOL I love napping/cuddling with Carson because I know that it won't be much longer before he's soooo over it. However, it also means I don't get things done that I should.

This morning we took Wyatt to school, went to Cracker Barrell for our super secret not telling Daddy or Wyatt breakfast (HAHAHAHAHAHA), took our broken remote to Comcast to get a new one, came home and I played around online while he watched Blues Clues for abit, then naptime. Here we are now at 1pm and my kitchen could use some help, the living room could use some attention and I'm online. We are about to leave and head to the grocery store for a few things, then the bank, then to get Wyatt.

My sister in law is going to be induced on Thursday at 6am...it was supposed to be tomorrow but they changed it for some reason. I'm annoyed FOR her. Sheesh! She has been 2cm for about 2 weeks now I think.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM   #1605
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
I have got to get to Hallmark! I want those cards.
I found mine at Target actually. I wasn't even looking at the titles above the cards to see what song each played, I opened it and heard Hangin Tough and new I picked a winner.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: