Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #106
omghidanielle
DIS Veteran

Tower of Terror Bellhop Hat cake!

8" vanilla cake w/chocolate buttercream icing, delivered to Cali Grill - $65.

Many thanks to Brian!

Old 09-23-2009, 07:23 PM   #107
pixie921
DIS Veteran

We just returned from WDW and I thought I'd post a quick photo and review of the birthday cake my dh ordered for me from the GF.

I'd wanted an Eeyore cake, but dh was told that because Disney doesn't own the rights to the Pooh characters, it wasn't possible. So he asked them to make a cake with an empty spot on top and then brought a figurine we bought on our first family trip 11 years ago.

The cake was $90 plus tax and tip. It was marble batter with buttercream frosting. Although the cake itself was adorable, it was definitely the WORST cake we've ever tried to eat! It was spongy and almost tasteless. We had family over to our villa for dinner and cake, and none of us could stomach more than a couple of bites. It was SO disappointing, especially for the price.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #108
athomemom20646
Earning My Ears

We are back from our trip and I finally have time to share pics of the wonderful cake that cakemanbri did for us

Purchased at CM's
9/6/09
8 inch chocolate with buttercream icing and (chocolate filling??)asked for vanilla but that's OK covered in fondant
Disney's Dinosaur carnatoraus (bad guy) as main character with Jungle Theme
$100

It tasted delicious. We had 8 people there and we only touched about 1/2 of the cake and took the rest back to our room and put in the fridge.

The kiddos went crazy for the "rocks". They were decorated jellybeans Everything except the palm trees and the wires that held the flowers in place could be eaten.

Front of cake

Birthday Boy and his cake

Birthday Boy with Mickey and his cake

Side View of Cake

Back view of cake

Cutting the cake

July 2010 BLT Family Trip, 09 Family Trip AKV's,
'08 family trip -Boardwalk Villas - '07 family trip - Shades of Green,
06 family trip (DD2 1st trip) - Grand Floridian, '04 Family trip - Beach Club,
'03 family trip - Movie Resort, '97 Honeymoon - Contemporary,
'92 1st trip with DH(boyfriend then) - Beach Club,'

Old 09-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #109
Macduffy
DIS Veteran

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Price $53
Date Received September 21, 2009
Location Chef Mickey's
Cake info - Flavors, special requests, etc White Cake Butter Cream
Anything else special about that particular cake

DS asked for a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Cake. The hotline said they could do an edible image or the Mickey Head Cake. I didn't really want an edible image but my son specifically asked for a Clubhouse Cake so I went with that.

It was delicious!!! They also asked if I wanted a castle card for the table for an extra $6. I said sure why not!

DS was thrilled but I hoped for an actual image of the clubhouse not the mousekadoer but oh well!

This is you. This is your badness level. It's unusually high from someone your size. - Lilo to Stitch
Old 09-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #110
Minniefan1
Mouseketeer

Pirates of the Caribbean Cake

GF 1900 Park Fare
$92
8" Chocolate Fondant, vanilla cake, chocolate buttercream icing.

This is the cake we ordered for our son's birthday. We spoke with Pat and gave her a $100 budget and just asked for it to be Pirate themed. The entire cake was edible, we absolutely loved it!!

Old 09-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #111
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I wanted to share the surprise cake that I ordered from the GF Bakery for our 9th anniversary Wishes Cruise from the GF on 9/17. It was a white almond cake with amaretto buttercream filling and frosting and then covered in white fondant. The cake was DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cake was delivered to the boat. It was super hot and muggy that night so it started to melt very quickly. Sorry about the picture quality but the boat was moving and the cake was melting fast!

The cake was $150 plus the gratuity, delivery, etc. I think it came to around $195 in the end.

We didn't come close to finishing the cake before we left. There were 7 of us on the cruise and we had the cake for 5 days after that.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 09-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #112
starstruck93
DIS Veteran

We celebrated DS Birthday during our trip Sept.9th-18th. Maddox had 2 cakes...one at Chef Mickey's and one at 1900 Park Fare. I called the Contemporary 2 months in adavance and asked them if they could make the hand-piped Mickey Head cake like the one that they make at the Grand Floridian and they said it would be no problem! I spoke to a super nice lady named Eadie who spoke to Brian the chef. It turned out wonderful!! It was so cute and tasted great!! The cost was 48.00

The Buzz Lightyear cake was wonderful too but wayyyy too big for just 3 people. It was a 10 inch cake and was huge! It was so good; it was white cake on the inside, frosted in buttercream with fondant accents; cost was 109.00

Part II DS 2nd trip to WDW Dec. 2009
http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/a...hbookpart2.flv
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #113
MAGICX2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2 View Post
I debated on whether or not to post this because I know that at least one of the cake decorators at the Contemporary is a DIS'er and I don't want to hurt any one's feelings, but...

We had a not so good experience with our 10th Anniversary cake at the Contemporary resort on 9/11/09. I had exchanged a few emails with the cake person at the Contemporary as well as spoke with someone directly on the Cake Hotline there. I was of the understanding that I was getting a 6" cake with the white chocolate castle with some blue/violet hydrangea and white roses on top. I asked for a chocolate cake with a raspberry mousse filling.

When the cake arrived at our table I was very disappointed. It had no chocolate castle on it, but a gold stamp of a generic castle on the side of the cake. The stamp wasn't even of one of the Disney castles! The icing and detail work was sloppy and the flowers were nothing like had been described. Although the cake was pretty, it was still dissapointing to receive something that was nothing like I had ordered.

Also, it was an 8" instead of 6", which cost me more. The chocolate cake tasted like cardboard and the filling was a custard not a mousse. I wasn't going to say anything, but i think our server sensed our dissapointment because the manager appeared at our table and asked if the cake was to our liking. I explained the issues to him and he was very nice and considerate, but said that it was out of his hands because "none of the custom cakes are made on site here at the Contemporary. They are all made at the Grand Floridian and then sent over." WHAT! That is one question I specifically asked, if the cake was made on site at the California Grill and I was told yes. I asked when the cake had arrived and he said Wednesday morning. WHAT! (again) That means my cake was frozen for two days before being thawed out on Friday morning to be served Fri. evening. Dissapointing to say the least.
I will post a picture soon.
Here are my pics:

MeDH DS12DD10
Old 10-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #114
Sapper383
DIS Veteran

Here are thr photos of our cake

1900 Park Fare
Yellow cake with buttercream
Fondant Icing
8" Cake

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #115
Cindironi
Earning My Ears

This is the cake I got for my daughters 16th Birthday Party @ 1900 Park Fare on Wednesday. It was vanilla with buttercream icing and fondant. The inside had custard and no strawberries. I ordered strawberries, but it was good anyway. She loved it, so I was happy.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:41 AM   #116
Debrn
Mouseketeer

My DH and I renewed our Wedding Vows in Stowe Vermont this weekend here is a pic of our cake. American and English Flag Mickey.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 10-06-2009, 09:38 PM   #117
iluvwdw4ever
DIS Veteran

Here are pictures of the cake that I ordered through the Boardwalk Bakery for my husband and sons B-days.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #118
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

G F Cafe on October 2nd
6" vanilla cake, white chocolate mousse filling, buttercream icing
$51 plus tax & tip

You can add me to the group of "cake was not exactly what I ordered, but still happy with it!"

I actually ordered chocolate ganache icing because I didn't want fondant or plain white buttercream, but if I'd known they could tint the icing blue, I would've ordered the buttercream anyway.

The other glitch is that I asked when I checked in for them to bring it to the table at the beginning of the meal, but he didn't bring it until dessert.

I basically gave Pat some information about my DD and let them create whatever they wanted. The cake was to celebrate her graduation from high school and upcoming move to Orlando for college. I asked for it to say "May all your dreams come true". I also said that her favorite character is Belle, she loves to read & travel, her favorite color is blue, and her favorite flower is peach-colored roses.

As you can see, it had Belle on top, was blue, and had roses (not peach though) - nothing about reading or travel, but that's okay. She loved that it had one red rose for Belle. I also loved the decorations on the sides - it almost looked like little castles.

The taste was delicious - very moist, fresh and creamy.

Best of all, DD was totally surprised and THRILLED!

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden
Old 10-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #119
Neoshoegal
would rather be in Walt Disney World

Here's the cake I ordered

Came from the Boardwalk Bakery
Delivered to the Saratoga Springs Resort
Cost $80

10inch Chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. Burgundy and silver fondant.

It was amazing! Moist and rich flavour and the raspberries, just perfect

No WDW trip planned at the moment
Previous trips:
3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, November 2010
2 Weeks of fun fun FUN at the SSR, October/November 2010
2 Weeks of Celebrating our Wedding Anniversary at SSR, September 2009
Cruise, Convention and Disney, staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas, Yacht Club and off site, January 2009
My 30th birthday, staying at Port Orleans Riverside, June 2008
Husband's 30th birthday, staying off site, March 2006
Old 10-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #120
Buzz's Buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briarrosegold View Post
Does anyone have any pics of cakes from WCC?

We ordered this cake for my parents 50th anniversary party which we celebrated at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in January 2008.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: