Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #91
Briarrosegold
Disney Bride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper383 View Post
aaarrrgghhh........I want to order a cake for my children (dd4 and ds10) for the 18th Sept for our dinner at 1900 park fayre....we are not realy celebrating anything, just my daughters first trip to the world.

Anyway after looking at this thread for months and getting lots of ideas, I have decided I want a pirate and princess theme, to try and please both of them with 'have a magical trip' written on it....

......well, here is my problem..........I can't get hold of Pat, all I get is her answer machine, I have left messages but I'm not sure she will phone me back as I'm in the UK................aaarrgghhh
Pat rang me back and Im in the Uk - It was after 3 phone messages though. She was great when I finally spoke to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstruck93 View Post
Does anyone have a pic of Toy Story theme cake or Buzz Lightyear? We're eating at 1900 Pak Fare one day and I wanted to order one! TIA! April
Here you go

Old 09-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #92
Briarrosegold
Disney Bride

Here's our latest cake

Cake: Chocolate cake/chocolate mousse filling with marbled ganache icing
Cost: $45 + tax

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2009, 01:01 AM   #93
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Jack Skellington Cake at GF Cafe

Here are some pics of the 6" Jack Skellington Cake I ordered from Pat at the GF Bakery for our Dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe for DD's 15th Bday!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #94
Kona*Queen
Mouseketeer

I forgot to post these here. This is the mad hatter cake my hubby ordered for my birthday. Lilo is my favourite character. It was made by the GF bakery (Pat) to be eaten at Citrico's. I was sooooo blown away by it. The filling was milk chocolate buttercream.

A good conscience is to the soul what health is to the body; it preserves a constant ease and serenity within us, and more than countervails all the calamities and afflictions that can possibly befall us.

Last edited by Tricia1972; 05-30-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Removed Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #95
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Pictures time!!! This is my b-day cake that DBf ordered from SSR from our Labor Day Trip. It is white butter cream with yellow cake and it was super delicious! We ate it for a couple days as our breakfast He asked for a cake that taste and look similar to the mini wedding cake that we had a few years back at GF but without the castle and the SSR chef added a few mickey heads on the side which look awesome.

Sep 2014 - POFQ (Planning in progress)
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Old 09-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #96
hey_jude
Mouseketeer

Nightmare Before Christmas Cake pics

Here are the pictures from our Nightmare Before Christmas Cake:

We had it at the Grand Floridian Cafe on September 4/09. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. The cost was $100 (before tax -- about $106 with tax).

Last edited by Tricia1972; 05-30-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Fix Image
Old 09-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #97
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Okay I'm trying again.

This was from 1900 Park Fare on August 27.
Ordered from Pat, $115, chocolate cake with strawberry and custard filling.
It was REALLY good!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #98
4luvofthemouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom21 View Post
Sounds like something my dd would say. I did ask if it would be painted as I didn't want plain and was told they have a lady that hand paints them. Maybe they forgot to quote me for that and explains the price difference. Oh well, I am sure it will be gorgeous either way. DD will be happy.

We had ordered a cake for our anniversary and had a Tink cake topper.
I didn't ask for her to painted or unpainted, I just never thought about it.
She automatically came painted and she looked pretty good.

The pic that I have isn't really that great. It's a little small and she looks better in person...I still have her ...lol

I'm glad that they painted her. She really stood out and looked great on top of the cake!

Me DH DD
Disney Bride Dec.'07 WP/GF/Fantasmic DP
Other Trips: AS Sport-Dec.'02, AS Sport Aug.'05, ASMu/GF-Aug.'07, GF- Dec.'07, POP-June '08, ASMu/CR Dec.'08, SSR Feb. '10,
July '10 SSR
Upcoming: March '14 POP. Oct. '14 DCL & POR
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 PM   #99
abandcsmom
Mouseketeer

Minnie Head Cake

We got this cake for my youngest daughter's birthday last October. It was delivered at 'Ohana and we ordered it through Poly Private Dining. You would probably order it through the Cake Hotline now, though. My daughter LOVED it and so did everyone around us. It was really good. It was yellow cake with a buttercream filling. The icing was a chocolate ganache and it had some sort of brittle/toffee type nuts pressed into the sides all around the outside of the cake (we didn't ask for that, but it was a nice touch). If I remember correctly, the cake was around $40. Note, she was turning 3. I brought a pack of candles with us and gave them to our server. He put 4 candles on the cake before bringing it to the table. LOL!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mrfqh1hlz12jy.png[/img]
Mom to Caroline (7) and Annabeth (3)
Disney Honeymoon - 6/99 Offsite Final Fling 10/01 Offsite Princess C's 1st trip - 5/03 Offsite Princess C's 3rd Birthday - 2/05 CBR Princess A's first trip/Magical Gathering with the Fam - 9/06 POFQ Princess A's 3rd Birthday - 10/08 POFQ spur of the moment trip - 6/09 OffsiteThanksgiving Grand Gathering 11/09 POFQ
Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #100
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Oct '08 - this is the Tink we paid extra for! note the flowers on the side - were NOT edible! And that one teeny tiny candle? It was at 1900 Park Fare - and I swear the server waited till DH left the table then brought it out!

This was when I decided NEVER again would I order a custom cake - it was NOT worth the $$!

I'm glad to see cakes coming out that are worth it - excited to see chefs enthusiastic about making cakes! well maybe not - because now I"M TEMPTED to order again! (esp since we are going for our 29th Anniversary at the Calif. Grill!!)
Old 09-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #101
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

This is a cake that we ordered at the podium at Tutto Italia. The frosting is a little messed up on it. We thought it tasted really good. They added the chocolate wafers to decorate it a little more.

Cost $21.00 plus tax

Old 09-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #102
camlace
DIS Veteran

My Daughter's Ariel Cake at CRT

Here are the pictures of my Ariel Cake with purple icing and sprinkles...the CR Bakery did an absolutely FABULOUS job There was soooooo much detail and it tasted great. My daughter was absolutely thrilled to show off her cake to Ariel. MANY MANY MANY THANKS to Brian and his team for making my daughter's Birthday so magical

The Cake

The topper - white chocolate Ariel - edible icing image

Starfish Details

Seahorse Details

Ariel Details

Flower Details

Closer Starfish Details

Last edited by Tricia1972; 05-30-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Fix Image
Old 09-20-2009, 07:06 PM   #103
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Bon Voyage Cake

Here's the cake we ordered from the GF bakery for delivery at Citrico's. We had it presented at the begining of the meal to use as a centerpiece. Some of those chocolate shavings disappeared before dessert time!

8 Inch chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling
chocolate ganache frosting
custom decoration
$64 (plus tip...we had the TIW card and got 20% discount on this)

We had 8 people in our party (two had to cancel, but we took them their pieces). Since Citrico's desserts all cost $8, this cake was the same as everyone ordering dessert!

I thiink my friends photos turned out better, so I'll post her's when she returns.

In the first photo, the gold you see in the background is the champagne glasses.

And.....the aftermath:
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #104
Sleeping Becca
It went to Looneyland, by way of Crazytown, with a detour through Wackoville, and a stop for snacks in Bonkerscity

We couldn't have been more pleased with the cake we received, it was awesome!

We did use TIW, and I think the discount and gratuity was applied to the cake also.

Sept 14th 2009
1900 Park Fare
6in white cake butter cream frosting
Malificent Themed
Cost $50 added to food bill

A Dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep

'79- Holiday Inn*'83-Viscount(Disney Village)*'90- Poly (Gold Key)*'94- Carribean Beach*'97- Summerfield Suites (Yes, I saw "the cake")*'98- Westgate*'01- All Star Movies*'03- Carribean Beach*'05- All Star Movies*'05- Homewood Suites-*07Disneyland Hotel-*08 MNSSHP Peabody-*08 MVMCP Pop Century-*09 Grand Floridian-*09 MNSSHP Contemporary-*10 All Star Movies-*-Boardwalk
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #105
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

cake we ordered for our first dating anniversary aboard the grand one yacht

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: