Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 05:38 PM   #76
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Do you mean this one, which is apparently on Disney's website somewhere but I've never seen anyone get it...

Or this one, which is what most people mean when they talk about the "Mickey head cake"...

They're all in the Cake Gallery thread, here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2118274
Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #77
maleficent_man
DIS Veteran

Here's a pic of a cake we ordered last month for delivery in AKL - it was lovely!

2004 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year Cheyenne; 2005 - WDW - Off site/AKL (June); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Halloween - Kyriad (Oct); 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Christmas/New Year - Kyriad; 2006 - WDW - POP/Hard Rock Hotel/WL (Concierge)/ASMO (June); 2006 - WDW Christmas and New Year 06 POP, Royal Pacific Resort, WDW Dolphin, POP, POR; 2007 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (April); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (June); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (October); 2007 - Disneyland Paris - BSG (Christmas & New Year); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (April); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2008 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (October); 2009 - WDW Honeymoon AKL/Royal Pacific/POP (July); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Val D'Europe (August); 2010 - Disneyland Paris - Kyriad (October); 2012 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #78
xxliz28xx
Jersey girl by birth, Floridian by heart

We got these at CRT on August 3rd. Mom & my cousin were very surprised. They said they were tasty. I tasted the chocolate mousse myself and it was yummy. Had no trouble ordering these at 2 weeks out but also called 1 week out to confirm. It said "chocolate slipper dessert" on the receipt that was placed on the table but they never looked at it. I also had to remind her at the end because she forgot. No biggie. I believe the total was $31 for both.

Walt Disney World Food Photos
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 2
Walt Disney World Food Photos Part 3
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #79
Avidchick
Grim Grinning Ghost

Yes, you can get custom cakes... here are pics of mine!

I ordered a custom cake for $65 for our anniversary dinner at the California Grill this past Thursday.

Brian from the California Grill made it to these specs: Haunted Mansion, chocolate and raspberry, and small. We chatted by e-mail and phone a bit, but I really left it up to him- and I still can't believe the results!

I got it as a surprise for my husband and was amazed when the hostess brought it out. Our server said she couldn't bring herself to cut it.

It was soooooo much more than I expected! He wrapped it in the Mansion wallpaper, made tiny skulls, bats and coffins with skeletons, added the drapes like the hostesses outfits and then topped it off with a "gold" chocolate frame with Constance and one of her late husbands surrounded by black and blood red roses! AND- it tasted as good as it looked! The chocolate cake was spongy and not too sweet while the raspberry filling was incredibly fresh tasting.

We ended up sharing with some other couples around us, but we froze the top pieces and part of the front because we couldn't bear to destroy this beautiful work of art!

and now, PICS!

Please feel free to ask any questions on my experience or let me know if you want to see more photos!
Old 08-19-2009, 03:38 PM   #80
Avidchick
Grim Grinning Ghost

Isn't CakeManBri the best?

Yes, that is the Brian who made our cake- he is wonderful! Sorry if you are suddenly overwhelmed with requests Brian! But you cake was awesome!

I am mailing photos to you in your thank you card as well!

And, lurkyloo, ask and ye shall receive!

And finally the happy couple with our amazing cake:

Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #81
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

4) Here's one of Disney's sample wedding cakes that has snowflakes - dunno if that's Christmas-y enough for ya...

Snowflake
Old 08-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #82
mirandag819
DIS Veteran

Here is my daughter Taylor's cake. We got this at 1900 Park Fare on Aug 15th. It was an 8 inch cake with white chocolate filling. The cake was very delicious and was a HUGE hit with the Tremaines. I am adding all the details of our night with them to my TR now if anyone wants to read it.

The cake cost $75.

Etsy ID: MirandaG819
Old 08-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #83
WendyisDarling
DIS Veteran

Minnie Mouse BD cake

Minnie Mouse BD cake. From GF Bakery and served at Narcossee's. 8 inch chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing under fondant. White chocolate Minnie Mouse Topper. $100.

Beautiful cake. Received oohs and aahs from nearby tables.
My son "designed" the cake. He asked for Minnie in a flower garden with only pink flowers and a ladybug and two butterflies.

While the cake was beautiful, it was really more a work of art than a great dessert. The cake was very dry. The mousse filling was good, though. Still, I was very pleased with the cake
Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #84
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

we are home from our fabulous trip which included my oldest daughter's 17th birthday. i opted for a small cake as we were there for 11 days, DDP for 7 and club level. yes i'm sure i gained 8 lbs! anyhow, if you are thinking of a lighter option here is the mini-wedding cake that was made for $25 for her birthday at Boardwalk Bakery.

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
Old 08-26-2009, 09:59 PM   #85
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Alright, I hope i'm sharing my cake in the appropriate thread. After 7 different people telling me that they do not make customs cakes.... I finally got ahold of a CM who gave me one of the Chef's email from the Boardwalk Bakery. After a few emails/photos being exchanged, it was a go.

I decided to go with a rock n' roll theme as a surprise for Dbf because I was surprising him with Aerosmith Tickets.

It cost roughly 110.00 US, and it's an almond cake with bavarian cream filing.

Here it is:

Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #86
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

Here is the picture of the treasure chest cake

and here it is out of the chest

The cake was adorable and tasted very good. This was a perfect size since we had it at Chef Mickey's and their are plenty of other desserts to pick from. As I have mentioned before my DS was thrilled to get it.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #87
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camlace View Post
Just ordered my daughter's 4th Birthday celebration cake for Chef Mickey's...easy as pie (or cake) to order. Can't wait to see it, now lets hope she doesn't change her mind 20 more times about what kind of cake she wants

8" Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream tinted Purple
Ariel Screened on White Chololate
TONS of Sprinkles (she would eat them for dinner if we let her)
$57

I'll post pictures when we get back...mid-Sept.
I sure hope you get exactly what you want!

I had issues with Chef Mickey's. I ordered a white cake, white buttercream frosting, with Snow White screen printed on white chocolate. I was very specific in stating that I did not want an edible image, and asked several times if they were sure they could do the white chocolate screen print like the GF Bakery. I was assured they could. The cake was supposed to say "Happy Birthday Emilee."

I got an edible image. It was of Snow White, but she was 'cropped' out of an image of all the princesses and you could see bits and pieces of the other princesses around the edges (like an arm, or part of a face). There was also no Happy Birthday written on the cake or the cake board.

It was pretty, but it wasn't what I ordered.

DD wants to celebrate her birthday at Chef Mickey's again, but I'm hesitant to order another cake from them. I don't like edible images, not the look but the texture. I can scrape it off my piece if I have to, but I'd rather get what I order.

ETA: My cake was from two years ago, so it could have changed and maybe the do have the screen printed white chocolate now, or maybe the person who took my order was clueless and they had it even then.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 08-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #88
skeets024
Raising a Tinkerbell

Cakes we got last week....

I ordered 2 cakes for our recent trip last week. I started with the cake hotline then was transferred to the person for the Grand Floridian Restaurants. I had to leave a voicemail and she called me back the next day. I can't remember her name and have since lost the paper I wrote it on!

The first was a mini tiered wedding cake for our Anniversary at Narcoossee's on 8/19/09. The cost was $30 added to our dinner bill. I ordered yellow cake with chocolate mousse filling and asked for it in lavender as these were the colors of our flowers. I believe she said any decorations other than standard started at $50.

The second cake was a mini cake for my daughter's 4th Birthday at 1900 Park Fare. I ordered the same cake and filling and asked for pink. The white chocolate castle was hollow. The cost was also $30 and added to the bill.

The cakes were good and served their purpose. It was better than a Sara Lee cake as far as looks and it definitely was fresh. Would I do this again? I'm not sure...
Old 09-01-2009, 01:31 PM   #89
clj1410
DIS Veteran

[/IMG]

I hope this worked, if it did it is a picture of my DD birthday cake at 1900 park fare

Price : $51
Date Received : 8/30/09
Cake info : Vanilla cake, pink frosting

Caribe Royale-Aug 2003
Marriott-April 2005
Port Orleans-Oct 2006
Disney Wonder/ Caribbean Beach-Oct 2008
Coronado Springs-August 2009
Windsor Hills-August 2010
Disney Magic Western Oct 30th 2010
Disney Magic Eastern-Nov 5th 2011
Old 09-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #90
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

So here is my mini-wedding cake.

Ordered for: August 30th, 2009, at 1900 Park Fare
Chocolate Cake with Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate filling (which I didn't expect)
30$ before tax

The flowers were edible:

Hidden Mickey! I realized this right after I stuck my fork in, so I quickly pulled it out to take a photo:
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: