Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #31
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

Price: $75
Date Received: 05/10/09

This was Chocolate Cake filled with red rasberry mouuse and fresh red rasberries, icing was dark chocolate ganache and chocolate shavings. 4 white chocolate strawberries in front of the cake, a white chocolate slipper and red sugar roses sat on top of the cake. The sugar roses had a sparkle dust on them which was a great touch and just how I always order real roses for my mom.

Not only was this cake amazing looking, but it tasted great too. The pictures just do not do it justice. A big Thank you to Pat and Christina they did a wonderful job designing the cake just as I pictured it. It was really worth all the calls and time it took to make this cake look just like I described it to them.

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 PM   #32
snowdrift7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
I thought the Mickey Head cake was covered with ganache but maybe it's just regular chocolate icing.

About the Mickey head cake - it's covered with dark chocolate ganache and chocolate shavings. - I forgot to take a photo before we dug in.

Here's what it looks like on the inside minus his right ear in case you're interested. We chose vanilla cake & vanilla icing - and it offset the chocolate ganache perfectly. It was delicious!!

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #33
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

I was very worried about ordering a cake this trip because last year the cake we ordered was horrible. But this one was GREAT.

Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Buttercream Icing
White chocolate filling
White chocolate Mickey topper.
Cost $80.00

Sci Fi Restaurant at DHS.
Some of the pictures are kinda dark because it is so dark in Sci-Fi.

They hand painted the Mickey.

The waitress said everyone in the kitchen was so impressed with the cake. She said they had never seen one like it before.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 05-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #34
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

anniversary cake

All these cake pictures are making me hungry! Here is a pic of the cake I surprised DH with for our 1-year anniversary.... Got it from Grand Floridian Bakery in 10/08, I believe the price was around $70 and it was all chocolate... boy was it yummy!

September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #35
koolaidmoms
DIS Veteran

I am not sure this is the same thing or not. We ordered for DD three weeks ago from CP. It was a small pound cake with frosting and sprinkles. Not very tasty but for DD it was all in the presentation and that everyone in the park was singing for her. It had a small child's foam mirror, a princess flag and came in a small pink plastic treasure chest. Great for a little girl (don't think I'd get it for myself) - not a tasty treat but does get lots of attention.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #36
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
Does anyone know if I can get a Mickey head cake at an Epcot restaurant??? I thought about having DS's birthday at Chef Mickey's but he isn't a real fan of character meals so I'm thinking a restaurant in Epcot since Epcot is his favorite park.
I have not tried - but I do know that unlike the Grand Floridian, the Boardwalk does have a bakery that you can go in and you can purchase cakes at - and when we were there in Oct they did have a Mickey head cake - very small - and very reasonably priced! Personally, I am planning on going there, getting it to go and taking it with us to have our celebration!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #37
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

This is my birthday cake from last year. (August, 2008)
10" white cake, custard and strawberry filling, whipped cream frosting. Garnished with white chocolate shavings and fresh strawberries.
Ordered from Boardwalk Bakery, delivered to Flying Fish. It was FABULOUS!
They brought it to the table, then took it back to the kitchen to slice it. After that they boxed it, so I do not have pics of the inside of the cake.

We have requested a duplicate cake for my birthday this year, so hopefully it will work out. There was a lot of drama with trying to order last year - thought it was going to send DH over the edge.

AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

Old 05-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #38
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

So here is the birthday cake we got at Citrico's last night. The pictures do not do it justice. The flowers were amazing and edible. Tinkerbell and the flowers had a subtle glitter/shine all over them. The restaurant was great and plated the slices beautifully and boxed up the rest. The Grand bakery is fantastic! It was $140 total. 10 inch Marble cake with custard and strawberries, frosting under green fondant. White chocolate Tinkerbell and purple and green flowers and vines/leaves/butterflies. Everyone LOVED it!

78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 AM   #39
snookie5605
Mouseketeer

here is a picture of our anniversary cake from narcoosee's last year
(09/08). i had ordered a cake with the white chocolate castle and they did all of this and only charged me $30!!! it was a shock and it was beautiful!

Old 06-03-2009, 09:14 AM   #40
clandoc5803
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandoc5803 View Post
Hey guys!

Fresh back from the world and had an awesome trip. On Thursday night, we ate at the California Grill, and ordered a specialty cake. There was some type of mix-up and they were not able to fill the request. Instead, they far exceeded it, and made up for it by charging the ridiculously low price of $32.00. The cake was a 1/4 sheet, white cake, with fruit mousse filling, butter cream icing, with a chocolate graduate cap and diploma. The fruit was coated with a glaze and gold flecks, and the cake was surrounded with shaved white chocolate. It was great!

sorry trying again to get the picture to work from photobucket

Old 06-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #41
woodleygrrl
As god as my witness, I will never ever be swindled by these thieves at Disney bakeries again.

here is my goofy cake for my Dad's 60th birthday at the California Grill. 10 in. with white cake and white buttercream frosting. It had strawberry cream in between the layers and was amazing.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #42
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Sorry you're having so much trouble... We had podium cake at Tony's back in September - dunno if that's recent enough - and it tasted like a standard grocery store cake: thick, sugary buttercream and light spongey cake. I happen to like grocery store cake, so I was OK with it, but I know lots of people prefer whipped cream frosting. It had orange and black sprinkles for Halloween. I think now they're more confetti-like.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #43
choirchic
DIS Veteran

Anniversary Cake

This is called the "Anniversary Cake" and was ordered from the cake hotline.
It was made at the Grand Floridian Bakery for Dinner at Narcoossees.

This cake was customized as a surprise for my Husband on our anniversary last year.
(he never got to try our Wedding cake, so I had them re-create the flavor)

It is 4 layers (enough for 4 people)
The flavor was Chocolate cake with Strawberry Mousse filling (exactly what he didn't get to try from the wedding)

All total including presentation, $70.
AND I got to keep the plate! I was VERY pleased!

Old 06-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
StitchFan1973
What's your badness level?

Here's our cake....

Here's our cake from 1900PF. We went end of May. I spoke with Pat about 10 days before, and told her I wanted the Mad Hatter cake. We asked for Figment colors, and left the rest to the cake decorators. We ordered white cake, milk chocolate mousse filling, and white buttercream. Personally, I absolutely love buttercream, and the icing on this cake is some of the best I've ever had. The cake was a little dry, but we didn't cut into it until 2 days later, so that wasn't unexpected. We didn't want to cut it at the restaurant. We were staying at OKW, and wanted to take it with us back to the room. The restaurant manager and waiter both took great care to box it up so we could transport it safely. We couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out. The total cost of $160 was added to our dinner bill.
P.S. The white chocolate Figment cutout was pretty good also.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #45
dbprimeaux
DIS Veteran

Just back...Chef Mickey's B-day Cake with Pics

I ordered a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Icing at Chef Mickey's to celebrate DS & DD birthdays. The cake was really cute and the kids LOVED it!! The taste was ok - just your regular supermarket bakery tasting cake. The icing was more like whipped topping to me than buttercream. It was a $32 + tip. Here are some pics...

I also took some pictures of the cakes at Boardwalk Bakery...

Let me know if anyone has questions...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: