Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #16
TinkerLily
Mouseketeer

Price $35-$40
8" white cake with white icing
Delivered to 1900 Park Fare at the GF

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 04-03-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: post 192 on chatter thread
Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

PRICE: $90.00

DATE RECEIVED: JANUARY 12TH, 2009

STEAKHOUSE BAKERY

CAKE INFO: 10", MARBLE CAKE, RASPBERRY MOUSSE FILLING, WHITE BUTTERCREAM UNDER FONDANT, SUGAR FLOWERS - ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!

SPECIAL REQUESTS: We wanted some silver incorporated into the cake since it was our 25th anniversary. As you can see the "banner" on the front is silver, and it also had some silver sparkle on the sugar flowers. It was GORGEOUS

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95

Last edited by Pumbaa_; 04-03-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: post 206 on chatter thread
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 AM   #18
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

We ordered this cake for our DD in March

Price: $32 for cake + $15 for topper
Date Received: March 8, 2009
Cake info - Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Mousse filling and chocolate icing. The cake topper was white chocolate and was DD's favorite part of the cake.
Anything else special about that particular cake: The cake was pretty good. A little dry around the edges but the mousse filling helped with the dryness.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:20 AM   #19
Tisha_PA
DIS Veteran

This is the cake we ordered for our twin DS's in March:

Price: $48per
Date Received: March 11, 2009
Cake info - White cake with white buttercream icing on the inside, chocolate on the outside.
Anything else special about that particular cake: This cake was really good. Extremely moist and not overly sweet. My DH and kids snacked on it all week.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
Disneymomma41304
Mouseketeer

Cake

Okay I have some pictures. We had breakfast at O'hanas last Sunday and that was perfect as usual. I had ordered a cake and was super excited. I had a 10 inch ordered but when a few people fell threw I called back and went with the 8 inch. She told me no design could be added (I had orginally went with a monorail theme). But she did say it could be festive and have Mickey sprinkles. I told her I wanted lots of color and pop. I went with teh vanilla cake and buttercream frosting. I was VERY disappointed!! The cake was a spongy type and it was soooo dull. I am so glad the cake was no bigger. They did transport it to our room at the CBR but from there it went into the garbage.

Caribbean Beach Resort 2007-March & September
Wilderness Lodge Villas 2008 All Star Movies 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort 2009 Port Orleans Riverside 2010Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2011Coronado Springs Resort 2011 CBR May 2011
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #21
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Lurkyloo told me to post this.

Here is the cake we had for our son from AKL at Boma for his birthday a month ago. I believe it was $48.00 total. It was ALL chocolate. You could choose not to have that as the cake, but we love chocolate. Even the face is white chocolate that is hand painted. They said that it would feed 8, but it really could have easily fed 14-16. And it was YUMMY!
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #22
december14disney
December Magic

Hi all! We were at Disney last week for my birthday. My fiance had ordered a cake to be delivered to Ohana. We both were dissapointed in the whole thing. First. The people at Ohana forgot about the cake so my fiance actually had to ask totally ruining the surprise. Also. He was incredibly limited to what he could do. He asked for white cake, raspberry filling and buttercream frosting. They said they could only do chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse or buttercream as fillings. He agreed to buttercream filling. For $45 dollars and at a place where they make wedding cakes of all kinds...I find it hard to believe that they couldnt do a simple filling.
The cake was cute:

But I guess they gave him a ton of hassle for ordering a custom cake with Rafiki. They kept telling him about the premade podium cakes pushing and pushing them on him. He called a few different cast members. Overall I was confused. How could LurkyLoo get that AWESOME anniversary cake but my fiance couldnt get raspberry filling and a printed image? The cake overall was not the buttercream we were expecting. It was so cold it was almost frozen and therefore the cake had a weird texture.

Very weird. And the worst part is that my fiance was devestated. He wanted this to be one of the best birthday surprises, had to ruin it by asking about it in front of me and then it was kinda yucky. So I think for our September trip I am going to call every day until I can get the perfect cake for HIM as a surprise to make up for it.

Either way:

10 inch
White cake, buttercream filling, buttercream frosting
Rafiki image
$45 dollars
08/10 Trip with 30 friends!
10/10 at Beach Club or Boardwalk Villas!

Proud member of the Kidani Club and proud DVC owner!

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/kidanikatie
Old 05-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #23
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Cakes to Pick Up

I was at WDW over the weekend and decided to investigate the on-property options for picking up a cake (for those who donít want to order a cake for a restaurant meal using the Cake Hotline or for their hotel room using Private Dining at their resort). Most of this info has been mentioned on this thread before, but I thought Iíd put it all together in one post (also, I scored a copy of BoardWalk Bakeryís cake order sheet, so Iíll post that below!)

In a nutshell, only the BoardWalk Bakery offers fancy cakes for pickup, and those must be ordered 48 hours in advance. (The cakes on display at the bottom of the case are not for sale.)

The Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom offers only 6-inch Sara Lee cakes for pickup, and I was told you need to give them a few hoursí notice so they can defrost the cake for you. They also have simple pre-made cakes at some of the resort food courts. The only one I investigated was Pop Centuryís, so Iíll put that info below.

BoardWalk Bakery
There are no readymade cakes for sale here except the frozen 6-inch ones you can also get at restaurant podiums, but with 48 hoursí notice you can arrange to pick up a fresh cake. Iíll post their cake ordering form below, but the basic options are

6-inch readymade cake (frozen cake) - $21+ tax
  • serves 4-6
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream only
  • no advance notice

6-inch fresh cake - $21+tax
  • serves 4-6
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake/Vanilla Buttercream OR Chocolate Cake/Chocolate Buttercream
  • 48-hour notice required

8-inch fresh cake - $32+tax
  • serves 8
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla/White Chocolate Filling/White Chocolate Icing OR Chocolate/Dark Chocolate Filling/Dark Chocolate Icing

Mickey head cake - 48+tax
  • serves 8 (chepic reports it may serve 14-16!)
  • no special decorations
  • Vanilla Cake or Chocolate Cake

Special Cakes
  • prices vary
  • special decorations are extra

10-inch, serves 16: $45 for cake + $30 for decorations

1/4 sheet, serves 20: $55 for cake + $35 for decorations

1/2 sheet, serves 40: $80 for cake + $40 for decorations

Full sheet, serves 80: $120 for cake + $55 for decorations

Cake Flavors
Chocolate
Vanilla
Marble

Filling Flavors
Buttercream
White Chocolate Mousse
Dark Chocolate Mousse
Fruit Mousse

Icing
White Buttercream
Chocolate Buttercream
Whipped Cream

Order Form:

They had a Mickey head cake and a princess-themed cake on display at the bottom of the case.

And they appeared to be working on a custom cake that day.

Main Street Bakery at the Magic Kingdom
The only cakes available for pickup here are the 6-inch frozen Sara Lee cakes that you can order at the podium at any MK restaurant. They cost $21 + tax and require a few hoursí notice if you want them defrosted first. Hereís a picture of the frozen cake we got at the podium at Tonyís Town Square (plus some Halloween sprinkles). If you like supermarket cake, you will like the Sara Lee cakes.

Value Resort Food Courts
The only place I investigated was Pop Century, but I would imagine the All-Stars have similar offerings. There were two kinds of 6-inch cake in the refrigerated case near the bottled drinks: Vanilla Cake w/ Vanilla Buttercream and Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream. These also appear to be Sara Lee cakes. The price is $21 + tax.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:56 PM   #24
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.

Just back from our anniversary trip. Here are the pics of the cake I ordered for our dinner at Narcoossee's. Let me just say it far exceeded my expectations. The pics really don't do it justice. The bakery took it upon themselves to make the gorgeous sugar roses in the middle. You can't see it well in the pics, but they were covered in sparkles. It also tasted fantastic. I was not however prepared for how big it would be. I knew going into it I had to order a 10" to get what I wanted, but it's hard to imagine it until you see it in person. We shared it with friends the next day & had some in the room, but still had 1/2 a cake left. We gave it to bell services when we checked out. Just an FYI if you're ordering a 10" cake & you plan to take the leftovers with you you'll need a full sized refrigerator to store it. Also it was not on my dinner bill. Pat asked me for my credit card when she took the order & said it would be charged the day of. Maybe they've changed their policy & no longer add it to the bill. Too bad because I would have saved 20% with my TIW card. Oh well still worth it!

Here's what I ordered:

Date: 5/4/09
10" chocolate cake with amaretto mousse filling & white buttercream - $45
White swags, sugar roses & red mickeys - $30
6 strawberries - $15.00
Total - $90.00

Old 05-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #25
Briarrosegold
Disney Bride

Okay here's how ours turned out. We were delighted!!!!

To recap - I ordered this custom cake with Pat at the GF -

Flavour: Marble cake with chocolate mousse filling
Theme: Toy Story
Cost: $75 + tax.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #26
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We had the chocolate slipper dessert at CRT at the end of April. We were served the the dark chocolate version even though when I ordered it the cake hotline said the slipper would be white chocolate. I thought it was yummy and worth the money--$12.50 plus tax and tip.

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
Old 05-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
donnajean17
Dreaming about my next trip....

Awesome Cake!

Just wanted to show you all the awesome cake that I got for my DD 5th b-day while dining at 1900 Park Fare. I had ordered it a few days before and did not really know what to expect. I wanted something Hannah Montanna and when I called the cake hotline they said it would be a 10 inch with silk screen of Hannah Montana and they could include "Happy Birthday Grace". I really thought it would just be an ordinary cake with regular frosting and the picture but it was so much more! Covered in White Chocolate Fondant and the picture was on white chocolate with chocolate shavings all aroud. It really was awesome... no too bad for $47.00 either!

Dec 1979, April 1995, Dec 1996, Oct 1998, Sept 1999, March 2000, Oct 2002, Oct 2003, Feb 2007, April 2009, March 2010, May 2011
Old 05-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #28
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Cool Cake at Rose & Crown (Epcot)

When: May 5, 2009
Where: Rose & Crown, Epcot
How Much: $45

I received my Plan B cake at Rose & Crown. I believe it was made at the R&C itself.

I was supposed to receive a call from the cake hotline if I wasn't going to get Plan A (cake with strawberries on top), but I did not, which was no big deal. However, if you say, you are going to call, then call.

It was there for our 6:40pm ADR and it was very pretty. Plan B cake was Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) on it, but with the standard vanilla custard/vanilla buttercream with "Happy 15th Birthday Jenna". There was no other options.

In my particular case, the 15 yr old and the 35 year old both had meltdowns (weren't hungry, whining, etc), so I canceled the ADR and had the cake boxed up and we ate it in the American Ampitheater after Illuminations.

IMHO, totally not worth it. It was good and the chef seemed impressed with it, when she rang up the cake. The desserts that they have probably would have sufficed. I think the 'fancier' type cakes are for resort dining.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #29
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
Anyone have a picture of this? I would love to see it!
Mini/individual wedding cake with white castle on top:
Old 05-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #30
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightScouter View Post
We are heading down in a few weeks for our 25th anniversary. Has anyone ordered a smallish two tier cake from on property? I don't want the 4" micro cake. But, does anyone know if they would do an 8" and 6" as a two tier? I am just trying to get an idea before I call the cake hotline. We want it with just buttercream frosting, not fondant. And nothing too extravagant for decorations. Figured maybe some Mickey icons and some flowers. Our wedding was in lavender so DW wants that, and silver since it is our 25th. Will be interesting to see what they say and if we can keep it around $100 or if the two tiers takes it way up from there.
Just to clarify - you don't want the mini 2-tier cake that can fit on a salad plate, you want a full-sized cake that's a 6-inch layer on top and an 8-inch layer on the bottom? I believe the standard (pictured below) for a 2-tier is 6-inch on top and 10-inch on the bottom (where's CakeManBri when you need him?) but maybe it's only 8 inches....

The cake in the picture is the one that's included in Disney's package wedding, and they value it at around $200. (Which is not to say that's how much it actually costs! )

Most people who do anniversary cakes at Disney get a 6-inch round (like the top layer of the one pictured), and that usually runs $55-$85 (more with fancy decorations). So a two-tier could be considerably more than $100.

The BoardWalk Bakery seems to be the most accomodating lately, so you may want to chat with them (just call BoardWalk Inn and ask to be transferred). Alternatively, you can work with the Grand Floridian or Yacht & Beach Club bakeries through Private Dining at those resorts.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: