Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #136
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at the CR on October 25th.

I ordered a 10 inch white cake with chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream icing (no fondant) with a white chocolate monorail on top for decoration. It was delivered to the room. The base price was $45 for the cake & $40 for the monorail - with the $3 delivery charge and the 18% auto gratuity the total for the cake came to $109 (charged to the room).
The cake was moist and delicious (not quite as good as mine but as a former baker, few are ). The decoration was well done and certainly lived up to my expectations.

We had bell services store the cake for us in the fridge overnight after we had cut into it since it would not fit in our fridge. We had asked the concierge if there was anywhere to store it and they suggested this since Bell Services has a large fridge (where they store groceries, etc to be delivered to the rooms).

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the cake after it was cut. It was multiple layers of white cake and dark chocolate mousse (the mouse was a darker colour than the buttercream icing).
Old 11-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #137
2diamonds&a~gem
Mouseketeer

This is the one I am looking to get-- per the Cake gallery thread page 8 post 120- this was ordered at CM in Sept. and I see now that Brian had to approve it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2009, 07:56 AM   #138
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2diamonds&a~gem View Post
I know that some have posted that they have had the Mickey head cake @ Chef Mickeys and that it was "like the ones at GF" as in the piping of the face... has anyone had one recently?

I was told yesterday that it would have a white choc disc as the face, would be a solid cake with no filling and no icing... I was beyond confused by this person.

I am not sure if it is a matter of "terms" or what because she also told me that the ears were not ganache they were like a fudge?

Why let the folks answer the phone if they dont have a clue what they are talking about? Why can folks not say "I am sorry, I dont know... let me ask."

Anywho- would love to hear about recent Mickey heads @ the CR. Thanks!

This is what we had last November. This is the standard Mickey head cake at CM. It was $48.00 and was chocolate. You are right in saying we did not have a choice of filling. We either got a vanilla with vanilla icing cake or a choc/choc cake. It was REALLY good though!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #139
tzuhouse
DIS Veteran

11/11/09 - Chef Mickey's for dinner
$47.00 8 inch round with edible image
Vanilla cake with buttercream icing

For $47.00, the excitement of my son was completely worth it. The cake was extremely cold, not like it had been in the frig cold, but like it was on the downside of dethaw cold. My son absolutely loved it and I would do it again, but my buttercream icing is better. Mine is homemade, though and since they are doing so many cakes, they may not make fresh batches each day or may buy tubs from someone else.

I wish I had taken a picture with my flash on so that you could see Pluto better, but all in all, it was great! So happy that Brian made it for us.

Mary
2010 - 9 nts Bonnet Creek 10/17 - DVC OWNERS!!!!
2011 - 2 nts ASMo, 4 nts Yacht Club, 1 nt ASSp
2012 - 1 nt Pop, 1 nt CBR, 5 nts Bonnet Creek, 2 nts OKW, 4 nts Disney Dream, 2 nts SSR, 4 nts ASMo, 7 nts Disney Magic, 11nts OKW
2013 - 4 nt Disney Magic, 8 nt Disney Magic, 5 nts CSR
2014 - 4 nts BW, 4 nts OKW, 3 nts Disney Magic, 1 nt BLT, 2 nts GF, 2 nts AKL, 1 nt BW

Old 11-24-2009, 07:18 PM   #140
applechips
DIS Veteran

My son's Pirate themed cake September 2007

I posted this in the Anniversary cake thread in 2007 but will do so here so you can see this beautiful cake! I wish it tasted as good as it looked but alas I digress...

Date: September 2007
Where: a late Supercalifragalistic Breakfast at the GF Cafe ( it was actually 1900 Park Fare, but at that time was moved to the GF cafe temporarily while they did some rehab to the actual 1900 Park Fare restaurant space).
What: Yellow cake with vanilla "buttercream" (really more like shortening and a dash of sugar), and chocolate ganache swirl on top.
Cost: $85.00

Everything was edible except the pearls.

More can be seen at my OP:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2092

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #141
applechips
DIS Veteran

And here is the cake we got for me for my birthday last December. I bascially told DH what I wanted and he called the GF Bakery. We didn't ask for Cindy but we did want the slipper on top. I wanted a mini 6" tier cake with the white chocolate castle on top but at the time they said they couldn't do a small castle on top of a 6" cake I'd have to get the larger white chocoalte castle for the 10" cake and that would be $200.00 and my dh said um no! So he said to put the pastel sprinkles on it and the slipper and this is what we got. A very beautiful looking cake./ I felt like a princess.

Date: December 2008
Where: Cinderella's Royal Feast dinner 1900 Park Fare
What: vanilla cake with vanilla "buttercream" (again, really more like shortening and a dash of sugar)
Cost: $100.00-$125.00, somewhere in that range, can't recall

The truffle balls in the slipper were devine, the slipper was probably very good but it melted in the car on the way home! The flowers were sugar and were exqusite, a work of art. (not the best pics but I had to use my parents camera, the batteries died in mine!)

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
Old 11-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #142
restful urchin
Mouseketeer

Sorry the pics aren't that good. The cake however was awesome. It tasted great. I love custard and strawberries! This as at Citricos. The cake was $80.00.

IMG]http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy141/mariofish/WDW2009009-1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 PM   #143
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Hello fellow cake lovers!!

We returned from my daughter's 13th birthday trip on Friday and I thought I would share our experience with the GF Bakery and Pat with all of you. I had made a reservation to have breakfast at 1900 Park Fare on the 19th, so I got in touch with Pat about 10 days before we were to eat there and placed an order with her. She was very nice and helpful regarding what was available. She and the other lady I spoke to at the bakery mentioned the 6 in. cakes you could get but once I said I wanted a custom cake the others were not mentioned again.

I ordered an 8 in. vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse filling. I requested hot pink fondant with a zebra design around the sides and a "tween" kind of fashion theme. I asked if she could do princess dresses kind of on a hanger and she suggested we go with a non character themed fashion cake. So, here it is:

We were very happy with the cake! We thought it was beautiful and felt that the $77 we paid for it was a fair price. The servers brought it out at the end of our meal and had everyone sing to our daughter. We didn't cut it at the restaurant and asked for a box to carry it in. The box they had wouldn't close with the topper on the cake so instead of taking it off we just carried it with the lid sort of laid over the top and not closed. We took it back to our room at the Polynesian by way of the boat.

We cut the cake later that evening and it was very tasty. We had a birthday cake from Boardwalk Bakery a few years ago with the white chocolate mousse and loved it. This cake wasn't as delicious but it was very good.

So that was our experience with a custom cake from GF Bakery. We were pleased an would order from them again.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 AM   #144
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Just back, thought I'd share!

Ordered a cake for my twins' birthday at 1900 Park Fare.
Wanted 8", fondant and buttercream and Lilo & Stitch theme.
Was anxious to see what they'd do!

We were THRILLED with the cake! It was fantastic! Kids went nuts when it was brought out!
I took a picture when our server was holding it - only way, as my autistic son kept saying cake, cake, cake and reaching out for it!

8", $77, fondant with buttercream filling.
Very yummy, though we would have enjoyed more of it if weren't soooo stuffed from eating dinner (we LOVE Park Fare!)

The palm trees were a huge hit with us - well, the whole cake was, but really those palm trees wowed us the most, along with Lilo & Stitch up top!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #145
DeeCee735
"How Do You Know of the Key?"

Our Cake

Finally getting to it....
Our cake, I had ordered a small 6 inch cake from Jiko at AK Lodge for delivery to our room in Kidani Village on our arrival date of 11/8/09. It was only 4 adults. Cake was adorable, just what I asked for and very very good. $80.00, white cake, chocolate buttercream filling with vanilla buttercream under the fondant.
Isn't it adorable?!

AKV 6/14,VWL5/14,BWV 2/14,BWV 11/13, AKV 10/13,AKV/BWV 3/13,AKV 2/13,BWV 12/12 SEDONA RCI TRADE 4/12,BWV 2/12, OFFSITE 12/11,AKV11/11,DREAM/BWV 4/11, AKV 2/11, SSR 1/11, BWV 6/10, HH 3/10, AKV/BWV1/10,AKV11/09, OKW 3/09, BWV 1/09, BWV 10/08,AKV/BWV/HHI/CHARLESTON PL 4/08,BWV 9/07, HH 4/07, BWV 2/06, BWV 10/05, OKW 2/05,BWV 3/04,BWV 10/03, BWV 2/03, BWV4/02,Wonder&BWV2/01,BWV 5/00,Offsite2/00,WL/CS98,Poly 6/95
Old 12-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #146
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

I finally got around to uploading pics of our cake from Chef Mickey:

Nov 29th at Chef Mickey
6" yellow cake with whit choc. ganache and choc mousse filling
$51

Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #147
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Ok... here it is. Our Christmas cake from 1900 Park Fare this past Tuesday.
It was an 8" white cake with chocolate buttercream and red fondant with Christmas decorations. It was $80.00 plus tax and gratuity. So.. it was about $100 after it was all over. It was a good cake and was BEAUTIFUL!!! We did not want to cut into it! We took it back to our resort and ate it the next day. I would be happy to answer any questions.

This was a hidden gingerbread man under the flowers... so cute

Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #148
heath-and-javens-mom
I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that a bad thing? I think not. :)

Here is the "haunted masion" theamed cake for My husbands Birthday ( my sons too)...It was ordered from WL bakery, and was 59.00

10 Inch, 2 layer, white cake with Buttercream icing (tasted more like whipcream)..anyway they did refund the cost because it was not was I was hoping for, and it was not fresh.

WL 08
WL 09

ME (32) DH (40) DS (11) DS (8)
Old 12-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #149
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Wanted to share the cake we got for DH's birthday.. we stayed at CR and had this delivered to our table during dinner at Chef Mickey's on 11/28:

It was a 10" marble cake.. very yummy! And exactly what I ordered!!

A few more pics....

AN extra special shout out to our server that night... she helped keep the cake a surprise until the very end when she brought it out and put it in front of DH.

The cake and monorail were tasty! This was chocolate lover's heaven, lol!

Mary
Old 12-09-2009, 07:13 PM   #150
andijean
professional DIS lurker

As I posted b4 we were very happy with our cake from the CR and it was what I had hoped for and what I ordered. I asked for 10" with buttercream frosting and white chocolate filling. I wanted it to look wedding with red and pink flowers. We were so pleased!! It even tasted better than expected. My sister inlaw does cakes professionally and hers are soooo good. This wasn't as tasty as hers, but good nonetheless. The cake was huge and ate it for days. We had it delivered to the room as a surprise for my parents. It cost $75 + delivery and gratuity. Here it is. I hope this works. It is my first time posting pics. One of the pictures is of our tree swap and the other is the flowers we ordered to be delivered. They were beautiful!

Oct 12 Bay Lake Tower & Beach Club, Aug 11 Disney Hilton Head, Oct 10 Bay Lake Tower,
Nov 09 Bay Lake Tower, Dec 07 Beach Club, Dec 05 Coronado Springs
Feb 04 Westgate Villas,Mar 02 Radisson Pkwy, Jan 94 and many times as child

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: