Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 12:08 AM   #91
hardhead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post

Snakes love Florida. And warm concrete.

And my BED
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:40 AM   #92
disneydiva0729
:tink: Disney Dreamin'

I wish I hadn't read this post at almost 3 am... now I'm never going to get to sleep!!! Its funny though b/c as a kid I had a 7 ft red tail amazon boa, but we had him since he was a baby so it didn't seem weird.... Now on the other hand I won't even bait my own fishing hook, and the only snake I've ever seen in the wild is a garden snake and even those give me the creeps..

Me 22 DGf 21
"All of this has happened before, and it will happen again" ~ Narrator, Peter Pan
disneydiva0729 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2009, 02:56 AM   #93
mmtska
I dreamed of a wish and it came true!

Location: 15 minutes from Disney, but my home will always be in Pittsburgh!

I like snakes.....I want a ball python as a pet! But if I saw a snake in my bed...OH HECK NO. I don't think I could deal with that. Although I do really want to see the gator at CSR when we stay :-D

No trips planned for now....just the odd day at the parks whenever I want
Feeling hot, hot, HOT 7/11 PTR
The Attack of the Lime green Mickey Heads
mmtska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:05 AM   #94
BLUEJAY
Earning My Ears

Here's lookin at you

We had stayed at OKW two years ago first floor by the river. We woke up one morning only to have a 3 foot blake snake hanging over the back of one of the patio chairs staring in the window. Obviously we drank our coffee indoors that day. I guess he didn't think there was much to look at and after 15 minutes he was on his way.
BLUEJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #95
steffali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
And my BED
Ummm what do you mean in your bed
Old 04-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #96
buffettgirl
The whole tag thing, so 1990's internet *****. Why can't you say "f o r u m"?

I am actually glad I read this thread because for nearly 18 years I thought dh and I were the ONLY people to ever have a snake in their room at Disney.

1991 - 1st floor room at CBR - smallish black snake. I patiently sat up on the sink area while waiting for staff to come . It was around 11 or 12am so it took a while but a man showed up with a big snake catching noose thing on a stick, but didn't need it, he picked up the snake with his hand and bagged it up. It made me wonder just how big the snakes get that this guy was carrying that noose thing and had assumed he would need it.

sounds like more than a few CBR snake stories though.
buffettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #97
MKCP5
DIS Veteran

Just a little FYI for all, no snakes are "poisonous" If you eat them, you will not die from the poison in their bodies. SO the term is incorrect.

Many many snakes are "venomous" as they inject venom into their victims when they bite.

Just had to make that distinction. It's the environmentalist in me. Go educate someone today
Old 04-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #98
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCP5 View Post
Just a little FYI for all, no snakes are "poisonous" If you eat them, you will not die from the poison in their bodies. SO the term is incorrect.

Many many snakes are "venomous" as they inject venom into their victims when they bite.

Just had to make that distinction. It's the environmentalist in me. Go educate someone today
That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Now for the obligatory facetious comment!
So, any nervous posters, if there's a snake in your room, you know now what to do! Bite him first! And don't stop biting (and chewing) until he stops moving!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:11 AM   #99
MKCP5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingintheFog View Post
That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Now for the obligatory facetious comment!
So, any nervous posters, if there's a snake in your room, you know now what to do! Bite him first! And don't stop biting (and chewing) until he stops moving!

:r otfl2:

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I really needed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:25 AM   #100
busymomma123
Mouseketeer

We were walking out of our room at the CR and in the hallway there was a small snake.

May 2005 POP Aug 2006 Contemporary Oct 2007 AKL Nov 2008 SSR Dec 2009 Poly Oct 2010 CSR Oct 2011 CSR Oct 2013 CSR
busymomma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:32 AM   #101
loonytoony
Gotta Luv Vacations

I think my wife is cancelling our trip after I found this thread. Thanks alot everyone.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #102
steffali
DIS Veteran

My husband keeps saying he hopes we see a snake so I never want to go back to Disney again
Old 04-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #103
stitch34
DIS Veteran

We just returned from 7 nights - 5 at Pop, 1 ASMovies and 1 at CBR - which is the one resort I was most worried about encountering a snake!
Thankfully, we saw NONE! But I was thrilled with the room they gave us at CBR - second floor facing the parking lot.
Kept checking the mulch everywhere we went, resorts/parks, like when we'd sit down on a ledge or something and there was a garden behind us. I DID get really nervous when my son at CBR decided to chase a bird into some bushes!

But no snakes. Though, I did have a duck fly into the back of my head while visiting the Poly (and I screamed as if I had seen a snake, LOL!) While sitting at outdoor tables at CBR and at Pop we had bunnies and ducks join us under the table (one duck who decided that was an appropriate spot to take a poop), but thankfully NOOOOO snakes - this trip at least! Now to worry about encountering any in November!
stitch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:10 AM   #104
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKCP5 View Post

Just so I'm clear, I DO NOT want to eat one, nor do I want them to eat me!!!!!

But more importantly, I do NOT want one in my room , my bed or anywhere near me!!! I have an extreme phobia to them, and I've seen many of them. I've had them in my yard, and I've thrown up right after I've seen it!!! We are staying at CBR in Aug. and we usually just take whatever room they give us, and I was thinking of asking for a 2nd floor room after I read this thread, and DH says to me "What are you thinking, do you think that they can't climb up to the 2nd floor?" Well, OMG!! Yes!!! I was thinking I was safe on the 2nd floor, I suppose in reality they slither up to the 2nd floor too!!! There is no hope for me!

Oh, and I'm cursed by them too, now they'll cross my path every where I go while I'm there, now since I have talked about it!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #105
gigglz32
*flowergrl*

You know what?!?!? I have never heard such a thing!!! Boy i pray my room has no such thing, yuck!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: