Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #76
braydensmom
A Momma that is a Disney fanatic!!!

Hmmm...I didn't really think to much of it, I saw two different snakes while we stayed at SSR last October. One was between Congress Park and the water, the other was on a path to Grandstand from the main building. I grew up an hour north of Toronto and there are lots of snakes there... Not saying Im a fan of them, but I don't freak out over them...I freak out about spiders!!!
braydensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #77
Mickey_Dust
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2disneyboys View Post
gosh! I get chills up my spine over this. I dont know what it is about snakes!!! I grew up in the fields of North Carolina and saw more snakes and snake bites then I'd ever care to for the rest of my life I know they are SUPPOSE to be more scared of you then you are of them, but #1 - I doubt it and #2 with MY luck, I'd get the renagade snake trying to impress some girl snake who would get the thrill out of showing me who's the bigger scairdy cat.. me thats who. BTW, I called POP and told them I don't care what room or what view, I want on the highest floor (I didn't tell them about the snake thoughts though, I do have some dignty to try & retain.)

I don't want to eridicate the earth of snakes or anything like that, I just don't want to worry about them in my ROOM. I'll stay out of thier nest/den whatever thier house is called, and they stay out of my room and we can all co-exist just fine. I really do think I'd faint if I pulled back the covers to see a snake in my bed though.

Holy Crap!! That is the Funniest Thing I have read in a long time!! those are my sentiments exactly! You are a woman who shares my thoughts!! THanks for the laugh!! I needed it! I will be requesting an upper floor room and watching the ground everystep I take... Oh and I will be forgoing the open toed shoes or sandals it will be tennis shoes for me so I can run away faster... If someone sees it happening please yell for me not to forget my kids!!

Sept. 22 -29, 2009 Pre-Trip Report... The planning of a surprise

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/vyau31f94wlhmszo.png[/IMG]

Sept. 2009 - All Star Movies
Sept. 2007 - POR
Mickey_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #78
byrd328
Mouseketeer

Someone please tell me there has never been a snake bite at Disney and they have anti-venom stock piled

I'm afraid to now request a 1st floor room at Poly, ugh..

AKL Club Level-Sept. 2009
byrd328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:28 PM   #79
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd328 View Post
Someone please tell me there has never been a snake bite at Disney and they have anti-venom stock piled

I'm afraid to now request a 1st floor room at Poly, ugh..
Sorry but my friend's daughter was bitten by a snake at CBR. She ended up in the hospital for 2 days. STAY AWAY FROM THE MULCH!!!!
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #80
byrd328
Mouseketeer

Oh no!!! Not what I wanted to hear!!
3rd floor here we come!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
Sorry but my friend's daughter was bitten by a snake at CBR. She ended up in the hospital for 2 days. STAY AWAY FROM THE MULCH!!!!

AKL Club Level-Sept. 2009
byrd328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 12:22 PM   #81
sexyravenfan
Steamed Crabs, O's, and Natty Bohs

snakes

We saw a snake walking around World Showcase last year. Everyone screamed as it scurried across the walkway. We are used to snakes from living in the backwoods but they are still creepy

October 2012-POR
August 2010-POR
August 2008-POR
July 2005-POR
July 2002-POR
June 1998-DxL
June 1994-DxL
September 1990-FW

sexyravenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #82
yrdlyprincess
DIS Veteran

Ok- this was such a great thread to read right b4 I go to bed-- I'll have some great dreams!!

1st I want to say that yes snakes are just lizards & I saw MANY lizards @ Disney...but some snakes are poisonious (they don't care if they are @ Disney or not) and I wouldn't know if they are or not (unless it's a rattler-PA girl in me!)

2nd- if it was in my room--I, I, don't know what the hell would compansate me! I can tell you DH would freak out-we stayed in a cabin @ the beach one time- he was up ALL night killing the ants & bugs... (not to mentionmy kids reaction from me screaming my head off!!)

I agree, it's Florida there are gators--I know to stay away from the "waters ways" ....just my 2 cents-off for a great night of nightmares--I mean sleep!

Hubby and the kids will pack and plan--ok maybe just pack!

yrdlyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM   #83
dbalek
GOOFYMOM

I thought about seeking support from my DH about my new Disney Snake Fears...ya know, just letting him reassure me that we wont find a snake in our bed...

...but he's the kind of guy that would pack a whole suitcase full of rubber snakes without me knowing and put them everywhere....alllll week!!!!

So I guess I will deal with my new fears alone...
2009- SEPT BWV
dbalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #84
sylhar12
Earning My Ears

Geeze i was so excited to be staying a week in the new pirate rooms at CBR but now I am seriously thinking of changing. I cannot imagine seeing a snake. I freak just seeing spiders. I make my kids take care of the creepy crawlies for me at home. They make fun of me for that...I cannot imagine how bad it would be if they saw my reation to a snake in my bed. I should have never read this thread but at the same time I am glad I did. I think we have had our door propped open at POFQ before and never really thought about where we walked...but now I sure will. Also not wanting ground floor anymore!!! maybe i will just sleep in our car while I am there
sylhar12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #85
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbalek View Post
I thought about seeking support from my DH about my new Disney Snake Fears...ya know, just letting him reassure me that we wont find a snake in our bed...

...but he's the kind of guy that would pack a whole suitcase full of rubber snakes without me knowing and put them everywhere....alllll week!!!!

So I guess I will deal with my new fears alone...
My lovely DH is just like yours! Part of the reason I decided not to stay @ POR was b/c of al lthe lush landscaping and the thought (and posts I've read) of snakes there (although I've read of some @ BC too ).

Just the other day, after a strong line of storms went thru us, DH found a 10-12" grass snake in the back yard. He wanted the kids to come and see it, I said no, and told him to throw it over our fence. I could tell by the look on his face he wanted to get it and throw it at me. So when he went outside, I closed the door and locked him out! Well then, he picked it up and was bringing it to the window, and the kids were screaming, etc Finally, he threw it over the fence! Geesh, if he knew I was on here reading and writing about this, he would definitely bring some fake ones with him on the trip.
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #86
PrincessKara22
Princess in Training

It might seem strange but I wouldn't be able to go back into the room. I have an anxiety disorder and snakes are a huge fear of mine so I would definitely have a major panic attack if one was in my room or my bed. and even once I'd taken my medicine and calmed down the irrationalness to me I'd have to change rooms. I know people probably think that is ridiculous but if I didn't I'd have random anxiety attacks in the room even if I wasn't thinking about it. My subconscienouce does that to me!

I never just whip off all the blankets, I just pull down the top and climb all the way in. What if you didn't check and it was curled up in the bottom of the bed?! Or what if it came in while you were asleep and you woke up with it in the bed next to you?!
Oh god, I'm going to be obsessed with checking everything for snakes now.

May 2014: Shades of Green!
May 2013: Shades of Green
August 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2007: Old Key West
January 2007: Old Key West
July 2006: The Beach Club
July 2004: Caribbean Beach
April 2003: Off Property
July 1996: The Disney Institute
PrincessKara22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #87
dbalek
GOOFYMOM

This is a bit different in nature...but...I used to work at a big box retail store in management that was next to a pet store. Well, the pet store lost some baby snakes....huuummmmmm. A couple of days later a very calm customer calls managment over to the handbags. Not me. She opened the handbag right off of the shelf and there one was curled up soooo sweet and innocent inside. The other manager about fainted...of all the things you have to deal with in retail management (some really CRAZY stuff)that was a new one for us. I HAVE not ENJOYED THE HANDBAG SECTION SINCE (it has saved me a bundle)...so ladies check your bags...ok that was mean...I should be ashamed...

I think she got a few stuffed snakes put in her desk after that...come on I could have used rubber ones
2009- SEPT BWV
dbalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #88
WalkingintheFog
DIS Veteran

Location: North America's most easterly city: St.John's Newfoundland and Labrador!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boymthr View Post
I hate, hate, hate snakes, so of course, I'm cursed by them.

We have them all the time in our house. And no we don't live near a swamp or in the south or anything like that. We live in a house halfway up a hill near the woods in Massachusetts. We find tiny ones, medium ones, and lots of skins. The last skin was about 4 ft long. We've had them in our basement shower, in the dryer and in the rafters. We've had garter snakes, black racers and a copperhead in our basement. Luckily we didn't know it was a copperhead until after I'd had my DS (13) carry it and the box is was hiding in outside and dump it out in the woods. . Or course since we had never seen a snake like it before we decided to look it up. Did you know copperheads are extremely rare and endangered and almost never seen in MA? Oh, and poisonous. yeah that. I do now.

Now because I am so cursed, I will be the guest who has the snake in the bed and the one that lays eggs in the bed, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianImagineer View Post
Alright I'm good with that, thanks for taking one for the team

Ha! That's exactly what I planned to type when I read it!
Great Canadian Minds think alike!

WalkingintheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #89
hardhead
Mouseketeer

Well we are staying in SSr for the first time in a few weeks. Here's to hoping we dont find another snake in our bed I hope I'm not cursed
hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #90
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Poor snakes.

These threads make me sad. Snakes aren't evil incarnate and the vast majority you will see there can't hurt you. Avoid them and they will do their best to avoid you too!

We saw a snake once years ago. We were staying at the Old Key West and it was baby green snake out on the patio. And a lizard and a bunny. We were in heaven!

Snakes love Florida. And warm concrete.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: