Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #541
wahmtexas
Mouseketeer

okay cannot help it, I am posting my WDW snake encounters...
I am very cautious because I don't like snakes and am always looking out for them...so I probably see more because I always watch the bushes etc,
first encounter...River Country...I was 8 and one was in the water at my ankles...second encounter...CSR walking to the pool with my daughter saw the CSR alligator and a snake along the path within a minute of each other...
third encounter...WL walking up from the boat dock with a crowd of people the boys in front of us jumped as a large black snake crossed the path in front of them and slithered into the bushes...fourth encounter...Hopefully never!!! but since we keep vacationing at Disney there will be more I'm sure! A little worried about AoA since it is new and snakes can get caught in the construction process.
Sept.2010: Carribbean Beach, 3d trip with my kids
Dec. 2012 Art Of Animation, Cars Suite Lovin my work at home business paying for our Disney addiction!
Dec. 2013 POFQ, Surprise trip for kids! Loved POFQ!
Nov. 2014 CBR with free dining!(may upgrade to WL our favorite)
wahmtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:38 PM   #542
bender726
Mouseketeer

I have never had one inside my room, but we saw one next to the walkway from the BCV walkway from the Villa Pool area to the Parking Lot and it was removed. Another time we saw one being removed from a tree close to one of the Wilderness Cabins in FW. I guess it is unavoidabe in FL, but I would die if I found one in my room!!!!!

bender726 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #543
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahmtexas
okay cannot help it, I am posting my WDW snake encounters...
I am very cautious because I don't like snakes and am always looking out for them...so I probably see more because I always watch the bushes etc,
first encounter...River Country...I was 8 and one was in the water at my ankles...second encounter...CSR walking to the pool with my daughter saw the CSR alligator and a snake along the path within a minute of each other...
third encounter...WL walking up from the boat dock with a crowd of people the boys in front of us jumped as a large black snake crossed the path in front of them and slithered into the bushes...fourth encounter...Hopefully never!!! but since we keep vacationing at Disney there will be more I'm sure! A little worried about AoA since it is new and snakes can get caught in the construction process.
Oh my gosh I never thought about the snakes and the construction at AOA!

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #544
figmentswife
One little spark will light your fancy

Just had to share my WDW snake story. We were there April/May this year. Staying at POP and I was sitting in the smoking area in the 50's section. There were a few people there this evening and we were all talking (most of us had become smoking "friend's" during the week) and this little kid starts to walk by, near the bushes and starts jumping and yelling SNAKE.......I looked over in that direction and saw it slithering into the bushes....... I darn near had a heart attack. I looked A FOOL!!!! I started screaming and jumped on the bench. Yes, it was just a baby snake, but I DON"T CARE - It was a snake. I am sure that everyone there is still laughing at the crazy lady's response to the snake on vacation.
figmentswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #545
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

We all would have jumped on the bench!!!!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Beach Club

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #546
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentswife View Post
Just had to share my WDW snake story. We were there April/May this year. Staying at POP and I was sitting in the smoking area in the 50's section. There were a few people there this evening and we were all talking (most of us had become smoking "friend's" during the week) and this little kid starts to walk by, near the bushes and starts jumping and yelling SNAKE.......I looked over in that direction and saw it slithering into the bushes....... I darn near had a heart attack. I looked A FOOL!!!! I started screaming and jumped on the bench. Yes, it was just a baby snake, but I DON"T CARE - It was a snake. I am sure that everyone there is still laughing at the crazy lady's response to the snake on vacation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
We all would have jumped on the bench!!!!
I'd have been on the bench too!!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #547
ChipnDalebowl
Nuts about animation.

I won't read the whole thread, but never have seen snakes on trips down at Mickeyland. Now that I've seen this thread, I guess I won't take anything for granted because Florida is swampland after all. I don't seriously freak out with snakes, but don't make a point to continually meet up with them either.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #548
LilMommyBug
Is Definitely a Redhead
Loves Both Disney World and Universal
Just wanted to throw in my 2 centsI LOVE the ET smell

My kids & I were sitting on a bench at AK and this black snake comes slithering out from under our bench and across the walkway. This lady just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stepped on it & it wrapped around her ankle a bit and she screamed like I have never heard anyone scream before. A CM came with a broom and shoo'd it into the bushes. DH asked me why I didn't warn her - it was like it all happened in slow motion at that point.

May 2014: Hard Rock Hotel
LilMommyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #549
nanalisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMommyBug View Post
My kids & I were sitting on a bench at AK and this black snake comes slithering out from under our bench and across the walkway. This lady just happened to be in the right place at the right time and stepped on it & it wrapped around her ankle a bit and she screamed like I have never heard anyone scream before. A CM came with a broom and shoo'd it into the bushes. DH asked me why I didn't warn her - it was like it all happened in slow motion at that point.
Thats the most horrifying thing I've ever heard! I can't put my feet on the floor right now. Maybe not all day. We need a snake smilie

91 off prop; 92 CBR; 93 DL; 95 DL & WL; 96 WL; 97 CSR & WL; 98 (Nov) DL; 99 CBR, Poly & BC; 01 AKL & Contemp; 02 (Jan) WL; 02 POR & Poly; 03 AKL; 05 POFQ, WL & SSR; 06 (July) Boardwalk & Contemporary; 07 (Oct) AKL; 09 (August) ASMU & WL; 10 (Oct) POR; 11 (Dec) POR; 13 (Jan) POR; 14 (July) CSR
nanalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #550
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

We had our Illuminations dessert party at the UK lower patio for our wedding this past February. I was off in the corner talking to one of our guests when I saw a long, thin, black snake start slithering around in front of us. So, imagine if you will, a panicking bride trying not to freak out the rest of my guests as I'm frantically making my way towards one of our CM attendants. The worst, really, was that part of my train had gotten caught in my shoe. So, as I was racing across the patio, I kept shaking out my leg because it felt like a snake wrapped around my ankle. Lol, it was entertaining.
Fortunately, the snake moved behind a storage box and stayed there for the remainder of the festivities. As well as 2 CMs who stood right in front of it to make sure he didn't try to make a move for our desserts. Happy to report that only a couple people knew about the snake during, but we can all have a chuckle 5 months later.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #551
americangirl5333
Earning My Ears

I just returned from ASM yesterday. Last week in the afternoon about 3:00 we returned to our room to see a snake fall out of the lighted up start box in between our room and the neighbors room. It slithered under the silver door piece at the bottom of the door. My daughter screamed and I screamed. I told the cast member what was going on as he came along a few min later. HE said " I do not believe it was a snake." I was so upset that he didnt believe me. He told me to hit and kick the door before coming out of it. The neighbor guy told me later that my son was outside trying to catch it with his shirt. (Hes 8) He took his shirt off and was trying to throw it on top of the snake apparantly. The neighbor said it was a copper head and it was rearing its head up as if to attack my son. I freaked out when I heard this and told my son to NEVER try to capture a snake. The snake went into the bushes. I then freaked out again and called to have my room changed to a higher up one. We were on the first floor. The cast member laughed at me and told me that snakes cant be avoided. So I didnt move rooms. There were tons of holes in the soil by our room. We were on the back side of BROADWAY building 8., I believe. We had snake check every time we entered our room from that point on. I was uncomfortable the rest of the stay. Petrified a snake was going to crawl on me while I was sleeping.
americangirl5333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #552
acummins72
Earning My Ears

Sounds to me like there maybe some rooms available at CBR. Most of the sightings are there. Lol
acummins72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #553
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I have seen a few of snakes at WDW. Once at Typhoon Lagoon as we were getting in line for Crush n Gusher one slithered out from some bushes maybe a foot in front of us.

But the worst was at All Star Music. We were walking towards the food court just before coming into the pool area. Some ladies were in front of me and my dd, chatting away as they walked, when I saw a pretty large black snake come out of the bushes and before I could warn them, it went right over one of them's feet. Those poor women were screaming and shrieking. One of them literally looked like she might faint. Dd and I had to help her to a table near the pool and a lifeguard came over to help her.

I also saw one once in the lazy river at Blizzard Beach. The lifeguard pointed it out to me like it was just the neatest, cutest thing. I flopped out of my tube and got out of that river the next opportunity! And calmed down at the little bar nearby....
Old 08-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #554
mom2taylorandemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by acummins72 View Post
Sounds to me like there maybe some rooms available at CBR. Most of the sightings are there. Lol
This trip in 2 days will be my 5th trip to CBR and I have to tell you, I have NEVER seen a snake at CBR!!!! And trust me I look ~ Because:

I do NOT do snakes!!!!

If I had ever seen one there, I promise you, I'd have a hard time staying there again.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR

Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #555
mom2taylorandemily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily View Post
This trip in 2 days will be my 5th trip to CBR and I have to tell you, I have NEVER seen a snake at CBR!!!! And trust me I look ~ Because:

I do NOT do snakes!!!!

If I had ever seen one there, I promise you, I'd have a hard time staying there again.
Well, we had another wonderful trip at CBR and NO SNAKES!!!! Trust me, I looked!!!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: