Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #526
stitch34
DIS Veteran

This thread pops back up from time to time and foolish me is always so compelled to read it - and of course, get freaked out. We arrive the end of June, and already worried about it!

So the latest stories on here that really got me were the bobcat - what!?? and the snake at Cbr by the pool... and the big one they couldn't catch at POR... and oh, my... I gotta stop looking at these posts!

Bobcat - now, that's a new one to me. always out late walking around with my son to tire him out - geez, would hate to think we could be out there and encounter a bobcat!
Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #527
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

Ugh, I HATE snakes! One time, a few years earlier, we found one in our first floor room bathroom at CBR (no more first floor rooms for us!) and I didn't even care how ridiculous I looked-I took off faster than I ever had in my life (and I did track for quite a few years). I'm sure I was quite a sight, running through the property like a crazy woman.

On the subject of animals at WDW, we saw an armadillo when we were at All Star Sports (I'm trying to think of an acronym that won't be bleeped...) last summer!

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

DisGirlAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #528
doris1976
Mouseketeer

Haven't seen any snakes...thank goodness...but I once saw snails on the menu.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #529
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCmom View Post
OMG! I would pee myself and then cry like a baby!
ME TOO!!!!!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #530
DisGirlAllie
I can bust some pretty smooth moves
I get goosebumps and feel the magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
I had a cute lizard sit beside me at the Poly, and he scared me when he first climbed up the railing .. can only imagine seeing a snake that close to me. Last one I saw at home I did the snake dance..sort of like the spider web dance and ran screaming
Oh, I'm dying to see this dance.

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
~ Walt Disney

DisGirlAllie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #531
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

here is an quote from a thread I posted regarding a short review of our visit to Blizzard Beach this past spring break - after reading this thread and being afraid for years of seeing a snake, it was finally my turn. I ended up not totally freaking out, but then again, it was not really close to me....

"Snake sightings: I am very afraid of snakes, phobic really, but I have decided that it comes with the territory of my favorite place - WDW!!! So, deal with it right~ So on the path from Ski Patrol back toward the front of the park, right next to the chair lift area, we are walking and about 20 ft. in front of us - big mama (about 3-4 ft long and about 2-3 inches in diameter) brown and yellowish snake comes crawling across. Here is the cast member story that really deserves attention. A custodial services cast member, in all white carrying the garbage picking up tool, calmly walks over to the snake, picks it up, puts it in the bushes, and stands there and watches it and encourages us to all pass by. In the meantime, a manager that was behind me notices the situation and is on walkie talkie mode with snake patrol immediately. I felt safe, they handled it so well, my guess from research is a large corn snake.

When telling this story moments later in line for donuts (so yummy), another family said that they were in the lazy river just an hour earlier and a huge black snake swam up next to them - I must admit this would have sent me into cardiac arrest, but again, they said the cast members handled it quickly.

It's Florida, snakes are there, and so is WDW. I know of terrible things that have happened there to families with snake issues, so this in no way takes away from the seriousness of these creatures, however, I was impressed with how it was handled and proud of myself for not freaking out in front of my kids and strangers!!! We will be going back to visit Blizzard Beach and the snake friends that live there again!:
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2015 Port Orleans Riverside

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #532
djm99

If lovin' Disneyworld is Childish... I never want to grow up
Me Me Me Me Me Me!

I wish you all would STOP posting on this thread. I can't stop reading it and obsessing over the snakes in Florida. Just stop it already!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #533
Xennia
Earning My Ears

oh my!! Snakes??

I see bunny rabbits and ducks outside. NEVER snakes.
Xennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #534
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirlAllie View Post
Ugh, I HATE snakes! One time, a few years earlier, we found one in our first floor room bathroom at CBR (no more first floor rooms for us!) and I didn't even care how ridiculous I looked-I took off faster than I ever had in my life (and I did track for quite a few years). I'm sure I was quite a sight, running through the property like a crazy woman.

On the subject of animals at WDW, we saw an armadillo when we were at All Star Sports (I'm trying to think of an acronym that won't be bleeped...) last summer!
OMG!!!! I will NOT stay on the 1st floor at CBR anymore!!!!!! Its my favorite resort and we've always stayed on the 1st floor!!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #535
bearloch
DIS Veteran

with the rains there will be more snakes in public areas and more gators too!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #536
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearloch View Post
with the rains there will be more snakes in public areas and more gators too!
NOT helping!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #537
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

We saw a rather large snake this past trip. Get this....it wasn't at our resort. It was in MouseGears in Epcot! We couldn't believe it when our son and son-in-law came up to us and told us about it. The snake slithered right past them and lots of other folks during one of the busiest times of the day....right after Illuminations. The snake's presence was brought to a castmember's attention and there were soon about half a dozen castmembers surrounding the area. Animal Control came in about 20-30 minutes later and removed the snake. I asked animal control what kind of snake it was and she said a corn snake. I have pictures that we took and I'll post them later if anyone wants to see them.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:45 PM   #538
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We saw a rather large snake this past trip. Get this....it wasn't at our resort. It was in MouseGears in Epcot! We couldn't believe it when our son and son-in-law came up to us and told us about it. The snake slithered right past them and lots of other folks during one of the busiest times of the day....right after Illuminations. The snake's presence was brought to a castmember's attention and there were soon about half a dozen castmembers surrounding the area. Animal Control came in about 20-30 minutes later and removed the snake. I asked animal control what kind of snake it was and she said a corn snake. I have pictures that we took and I'll post them later if anyone wants to see them.
Your trip keeps getting more and more exciting, lol.

I expect to hear more snake stories now that we've had so much rain in central FL. But you were here before all that rain.

Corn snakes are good. They eat the mice and rats and they aren't poisonous.

But inside MouseGears!? I'd freak if I saw it. Last one I saw at Disney was at the TTC.
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #539
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Okay. I saw this thread in the recent post thingy and dumb dumb me actually clicked on it (major fear of snakes -- I can't breathe just posting this). So at least I know, no first floor requests for me!! If these things can climb walls or stairs - I beg of you, don't tell me!!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #540
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDZNY2008 View Post
I didn't have a snake, but a few days into my stay at CSR (first floor room), I found a dead lizard on the the counter top right by the sink..how long was that thing in my room
And why wasn't it removed before you got there? wow the countertop?? geez.

We had the same thing ... a "petrified" dead, dried up, lizard on the floor, hidden back in the corner of our room. Didn't cause us any distress. Just tossed him away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: