Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #511
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

Umm, I totally came in here expecting to read about little snakes here and there but a 5 footer?!?!!? I flip out when there's a little garden snake in my landscaping. Thankfully my sweet little malamute likes to run over and take care of them for me haha. I never thought much about snakes until one slithered over my foot a couple of years ago while we were rebuilding our house and I screamed enough to make the neighbor come out. DH stayed in the house laughing at me, what a jerk.

Maybe I'll just bring along my little old Italian grandmother...she yells at the snake completely in Italian first and then kills them without batting an eyelash.
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #512
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

We have seen snakes several times while at Disney. This past June there was a long skinny black snake on the walkway at POR. As we walked towards it, it moved away.

I was doing laundry early one morning and a bobcat walked by the door. Later I was out by the pool telling someone about it and a CM guy said that there is a huge snake in the bushes by the pool but they cant catch it. He said they have tried for weeks. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the pool.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #513
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Last snake I saw was a few weeks ago at the TTC. It was just a black racer, maybe 3 feet long. We were walking to the villians lot on the path that goes past the Lost and Found. Out of the bushes came this black snake. He slithered across the sidewalk to the other side between us an another family coming from the opposite direction. We all just stopped and let him through. I was too creeped out, I didn't even think to snap a pic.
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #514
WINTER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
We have seen snakes several times while at Disney. This past June there was a long skinny black snake on the walkway at POR. As we walked towards it, it moved away.

I was doing laundry early one morning and a bobcat walked by the door. Later I was out by the pool telling someone about it and a CM guy said that there is a huge snake in the bushes by the pool but they cant catch it. He said they have tried for weeks. Needless to say, we didn't go back to the pool.
they have until the end of may to catch it!
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

WINTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #515
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
they have until the end of may to catch it!
I'm sorry - I'm not laughing at YOU but the way you said that made me almost spit my coffee over the laptop
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #516
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
We saw another one the same waiting for the bus a few days later. It bugged me more that I didn't know what kind of snake it was to be honest. It looks like those little black serpents are quite comfy at POFQ
I'm pretty sure that snakes aren't allowed to ride the bus
Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #517
imaprincez
Earning My Ears

I am from NYC so those doors will always be closed right behind me, I do not want any unwanted visitors !!!
2012- Caribbean Beach Resort
2013- ?????
imaprincez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #518
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post

Maybe I'll just bring along my little old Italian grandmother...she yells at the snake completely in Italian first and then kills them without batting an eyelash.
Well now that you've advertised her services, don't be surprised if she suddenly starts getting a lot of all expenses paid trips to WDW!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #519
csnkrushin
CT

Oh how I wish I didn't look at this thread...yikes snakes will be visiting me in my nightmares tonight!

My snake story....but not at Disney...

I was at work on a Friday just before 5pm - everyone was getting ready to go home for the evening. Our office suite was on the lower level and down the common hall was the ladies room, which I went to use just before leaving. I walked in and over to the toilet, turned around and glanced at the door and noticed it had not closed all the way. There was a snake caught in the door...heading inside. Im not sure how I did not pee my pants right then! I did however jump up on the toilet and start yelling. After a few minutes I realized no one could hear me...and then had the fear that everyone might have left for the weekend. My then boyfriend (now husband) and I didnt have plans untill the next night, I lived alone...I just knew I was stuck standing on a toilet for the next 2 days. I am petrified of snakes...no way was I going to be able to get past it. Luckily one of my co-workers noticed my purse on my desk...came looking for me. I think it was about 15 minutes- but felt like hours. I screamed to her not to open the door -I just knew that snake would come right for me She got a couple of guys from the office with a broom and a waste basket and somehow they caught the snake. The snake had escaped from the petstore upstairs...they did not notice it was missing! I worked there for about a year longer...but never did I go to the ladies room without checking the hall, the bathroom or without telling someone where I was going!

2/2009 - POR
7/2012- POR
12/2012 - CB, National Cheer Competition

4/2015 - HHI

csnkrushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #520
poegirl30
Mouseketeer

We saw a snake on the sidewalk leading to our room in AB at POR a few years ago. And last year, there was a baby snake caught in the door of our room at OKW. Fortunately it was the last day of our trip.

DD22 DS19 DS8
poegirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 PM   #521
Muslickz
Mouseketeer

when I lived in VA snakes would get in the house all the time ya know there not so bad just drop the garbage can on top and call the desk.... lol

-M
Old 05-15-2012, 04:02 PM   #522
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

I've had a few close encounters - walking to my Dessert Party in Epcot after my wedding there was a huge orange snake in the middle of the World Showcase - my best friend and I screamed our heads off at that one! At CBR in 2010 I was walking along the path near the pool and a HUGE black snake came FLYING down the stairs (not slithering, more like a series of bizarre sideways leaps) from the pool area, landed on the path right in front of me. I'm amazed that I didn't have a stroke on the spot.

A snake in my ROOM however... no no no no no. Hard to come back from a snake in the curtains!!

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

My book blog: http://theavidreader.typepad.com/

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #523
tink15823
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnkrushin View Post
Oh how I wish I didn't look at this thread...yikes snakes will be visiting me in my nightmares tonight!

My snake story....but not at Disney...

I was at work on a Friday just before 5pm - everyone was getting ready to go home for the evening. Our office suite was on the lower level and down the common hall was the ladies room, which I went to use just before leaving. I walked in and over to the toilet, turned around and glanced at the door and noticed it had not closed all the way. There was a snake caught in the door...heading inside. Im not sure how I did not pee my pants right then! I did however jump up on the toilet and start yelling. After a few minutes I realized no one could hear me...and then had the fear that everyone might have left for the weekend. My then boyfriend (now husband) and I didnt have plans untill the next night, I lived alone...I just knew I was stuck standing on a toilet for the next 2 days. I am petrified of snakes...no way was I going to be able to get past it. Luckily one of my co-workers noticed my purse on my desk...came looking for me. I think it was about 15 minutes- but felt like hours. I screamed to her not to open the door -I just knew that snake would come right for me She got a couple of guys from the office with a broom and a waste basket and somehow they caught the snake. The snake had escaped from the petstore upstairs...they did not notice it was missing! I worked there for about a year longer...but never did I go to the ladies room without checking the hall, the bathroom or without telling someone where I was going!

ASMU 1996 ASMO 2005 2008 2010 Art of Animation 2012
tink15823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #524
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

I've been to Disney many times and I have yet to see one.. It's been many since the last time I was there. So how is it now? Are there more snakes now at the resorts than ever before? I was thinking of POR next year, but with so many trees and the place is very lush, I'm thinking that the chances of having more snakes there would be high, vs. the ASR where it has more concrete and less bushes and less trees. What do you guys think?
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #525
Sally
Mouseketeer

I had a cute lizard sit beside me at the Poly, and he scared me when he first climbed up the railing .. can only imagine seeing a snake that close to me. Last one I saw at home I did the snake dance..sort of like the spider web dance and ran screaming

'04 PO Riverside, '05 ASMu, '06 AKL, '08 Poly, '14 PoP
/MNWDWmaniac/icon_mickey_halloween.gif[/IMG] I was BOOed by I Believe
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: