Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
ezrasmom
Earning My Ears

New DISign request please and thank you

Hi! I just joined disboards. I'm excited to take my 3.5 and 2 yr old to Disney with their cousins in Feb 2014. I found a really old post with an image I'd like to replicate on the boards. I just read the entire DISign opening letter, and I hope that I’m doing this correctly. I’d love to paste the URL of the exact stick-figure image that I saw and loved, but rules say I need ten posts to paste a URL. Unfortunately, this means that I’m simply describing which stick figures I prefer rather than just pasting the link and making it easy. So here goes:

STORMYS, you made a family a lovely stick figure (but nicer than stick figure image). Is there any chance that you could help me out please? I can provide my personal email.
Anyone else willing to help out a newbie? It is much appreciated. Because I plan to make this into a large pillowcase, I need a high res image.
I prefer the stick figures that have ears, not just round heads; black shirts w/white Mickey or Minnie silhouettes, and red shorts w/yellow buttons. Oh gosh, I hope y’all know what I’m talking about. I am open to other ideas. This is all based on one image I found from 2007. Thank you SO much!

I’d love one of these high-res images to make into pillowcases for our trip in February with 17 family members, including 8 kids. I am making pillowcases for just the 8 kids.

Top line: Making Magical Memories
Bottom: Disney World
Family Vacation 2014
Border: Red

Stick figures:
Should I just do the 8 kids? I’m making pillowcases with this image for the 8 kids?
Or the entire 17 people (7 mom/dad/aunt/uncle) and 2 grandparents.

Kids:
Matan - Male 15
Orly - Female 13
Ariella - Female 11
Bella - Female 11
Ruby - Female 9
Ezra - Male 3.5
Louisa - Female 2.5
Eitan - Male 2

No baby figures please. The youngest are truly toddlers. We refer to them as the 5 older cousins and the 3 younger “cuzzies.”

On another note, I’m open to other ideas on what to do for the entire family of 17. It’s less urgent since I want to make the pillowcases ASAP.
I’m thinking of making t-shirts for the whole family. Feel free to shoot me links of your favorite projects so I can get design ideas. Huge thanks!

Huge thanks,
Ezra's Mom

Last edited by ezrasmom; 12-02-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Ezra's mom
I don't want you to be disappointed so I figured I'd give you a heads up.

I have been around for a few years and I've never heard of a DISigner named "STORMYS".

I am not aware of anyone who is currently DISigning stick figure families.

Most DISigners don't use personal email to send DISigns --they just post on their thread or in their photobucket or 4-shared account.

If you are looking for t-shirt DISigns you might want to read the sticky's at the top of the forum and have a look at who does what and who is currently DISigning.

I could be wrong and maybe someone new will help with your Stick family requests.
Best wishes
Mel

Last edited by bababear_50; 12-02-2013 at 08:01 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
absolut_mandy
DIS Veteran

Not exactly what you are looking for, but here is my try:

Mandy
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
ezrasmom
Earning My Ears

Thank you!

THANK YOU for the DISign, Mandy! It's lovely!

Thanks Mel for the feedback. You're right - I had stumbled upon some really really old DISign initially, and the DISigner is not listed anymore.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
ezrasmom
Earning My Ears

Mandy, one more thing

Hi Mandy,

Would it be possible to please make the stick figure of Louisa larger, similar in size to Ezra? And can both Orly and Ariella have dark hair (instead of Bella); while Bella, Ruby and Louisa have light hair (Ruby and Louisa already do have light hair)?

I know you are volunteering your time and I really appreciate it. Please name your favorite charity.

Thank you again!

Last edited by ezrasmom; 12-05-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: change
Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
absolut_mandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrasmom View Post
Hi Mandy,

Would it be possible to please make the stick figure of Louisa larger, similar in size to Ezra? And can both Orly and Ariella have dark hair (instead of Bella); while Bella, Ruby and Louisa have light hair (Ruby and Louisa already do have light hair)?

I know you are volunteering your time and I really appreciate it. Please name your favorite charity.

Thank you again!
Sure thing! Have a great trip!

Mandy
Old 12-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
TinknPink
2150 kilometers from WDW

Hi Mandy
Would it be possible for you to do one for my family too? i have searched the boards and found some blanks of people on Marion's PB but really like the skirts on the girls that you did on the above request. If you decide to do this hopefully i have given you enough details here:

at top in Disney font - Wells family

Dot-5' gray hair
Judy-5'3 brown hair
Brian-6' brown hair
Christi-5'7 light brown hair
Mel-5'7 blonde hair (girl)
Josh-6' light brown hair
Steph-5'6 blonde hair
Kate-5'6 blonde hair
Alex-4'8 brown hair

under people in Disney font - New Years Eve in Disney
2013-2014

Old 01-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #8
ezrasmom
Earning My Ears

Thanks again!

8 pillowcases were made with this image. I cannot wait for the trip in a few weeks. I bought a package of permanent markers for the kids to get character autographs.

-Ezrasmom
Old 01-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
RustManFan
devoted to all things Disney!!

DISboards Moderator

TinknPink; once the original request has been completed, the rules in the stickys indicate that follow up requests need to be posted in the thread for the DISigner that filled the request....

as the date for the request has come and gone, I will close this thread

Offsite - 1987 - 1st Trip - Wilson World
CBR - 1989, 1995
FW (tent) - 1992 during Hurricane Andrew, 1997
Dixie Landings/POR - 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2005, 2009
Wilderness Lodge - 1996
DL - 2013 - Good Neighbor hotel

http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o...isney%20Stuff/
*** and eternal Rusty Wallace fan ! He is the RustMan ! ***
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: