Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #91
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I am in on this thread! I can give my 2 cents -- I bought a flex-binder from Mead at Target a few months ago -- it is 6X9... the bind is fabric, the binder cover is flexible plastic, and it came with insert pockets and paper, etc. I gutted the whole thing, and have slowly been filling it with pages I am creating for my trip -- I highly recommend these binders! Because of the material, it is extremely light, and fits perfectly in the VB mailbag (a slightly larger version of the hipster) and I imagine they would fit into other similar sized bags easily. That they are not bulky makes it a viable option for taking it into the park.. Which I wanted to do. A few photos of it are on my PTR -- in its early fledgling stage! I am ready to unveil the finished product in a few weeks... Getting close to our trip mid - June!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:43 PM   #92
Melani
"keep moving forward"

I did this as a baby planning journal for my middle son.
I found it in a drawer the other day. Forgot all about it. 6 years of no sleep will do that.
It makes a nice keepsake.

Glad to see I'm not the only weirdo to use a composition book as a scrapbook sorta thing. Love your Disney journal. Nice job.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #93
Mrs.Prince
Mouseketeer

Oh Wow!!! all you guys ideas are wonderful.

I'm making one, but I don't think it will be as creative.

Not very good in Art class back in high school.
Mrs.Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #94
Iluvjiminy
Mouseketeer

I'm hooked and decided to make a binder as well. We haven't even planned a trip yet but I'm hoping we can go next summer. Went to Wal-Mart and bought a leather journal for $7.00 on clearance and have already done all sections, added some stickers, and used scrapbooking letters to label each section since my handwriting isn't all that great. I'll post pictures when I find the dang cord for the camera.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #95
gottalluvmickey
Mouseketeer

My DD9 and I started her journal today, a Mother's Day activity! We got the title page done! Then we did a 'fun facts' page...I wrote questions like - "When are we going?" - "Who is going to DW?" - "What are we celebrating?" - "Who are the characters that I am most looking forward to seeing?" - "What three rides am I most looking forward to?" We are calling it PRE-JOURNALING! I can't wait to see our finished project!!!!

Jumping for Joy, going to see the mouse in August!!!
gottalluvmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #96
WelovMickey!
DIS Veteran

Talking

This is great! I love to hear everyone giving this a try. I hope to see pictures soon I bought a leather planner on ebay today!I can't wait to get started. I've been collecting some clipart on my computer, getting ready!
WelovMickey! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #97
Craftydawn
Mouseketeer

Wow! All of these ideas are wonderful. I was so overwhelmed to start my own planning binder and now I just need to find the time to do it!
Craftydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #98
stacythatgirl
Mouseketeer

All these ideas are absolutely wonderful!! I am definitely gonna have to start one of these !!
stacythatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #99
amamax2
DIS Veteran

These are wonderful - thanks for sharing!
amamax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #100
OilyStars
Earning My Ears

I need help!

I went to WalMart today during my lunch break hoping to find a nice planning journal so I can get started on our Honeymoon PJ and I thought something would jump out at me, but I stood in the "organizers" isle completely clueless.. Then I moved over to the sprial notebooks, stared at those and again.. clueless..

Someone send me a link to a picture of what I should use?? I really liked whatever the OP used, but I didn't see it at WalMart, or rather, couldn't "picture" what she had used.

Many many thanks!!!!
OilyStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #101
soulmates
traveling through life, with the one I love

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by torsie24 View Post
Hi Kristy - if you liked my spreadsheet I'll be happy to send you the template to put your times on, or I'll put your dates in for you.

Torsie,

I would be VERY interested in getting a copy of the spreadsheet. Can you email it to me at

bellefan66@yahoo.com

Thanks SO much!

Chris
Old 05-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #102
Connorsmom0
Mouseketeer

I would also LOVE a copy of the spread sheet!!

jfojmm@verizon.net

Thanks!

DS Connor- 11

DD Gabriella 7

Pop Century July 06

Pop Century August 09

POR August 2012

POR August 2014
Connorsmom0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #103
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyStars View Post
I need help!

I went to WalMart today during my lunch break hoping to find a nice planning journal so I can get started on our Honeymoon PJ and I thought something would jump out at me, but I stood in the "organizers" isle completely clueless.. Then I moved over to the sprial notebooks, stared at those and again.. clueless..

Someone send me a link to a picture of what I should use?? I really liked whatever the OP used, but I didn't see it at WalMart, or rather, couldn't "picture" what she had used.

Many many thanks!!!!
Hi Oily Stars! And hey to a fellow Dallas, Texan!
I just started on my binder and still have lots to do! I think the first thing would be to decide what kind of binder you want: a BIG one that you can take pages out of each day or a not-so-big binder that you want to take into the park with you. Then try to categorize the sections you want, such as:
General Info (who is going, packing list, etc)
Reservations (hotel, flight, ADRs, etc)
Park Info (when, hours, plans, etc)
Day-by-Day schedule (including must-do attractions, parades, etc)
And maybe a Trip Report Section (if you plan on doing one)

Once all this stuff is done, then it's time to decorate! I totally plan on hitting up Michael's for lots of stickers and scrapbook stuff! I'm not the most creative on this board by far, but let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #104
OilyStars
Earning My Ears

Hi Amanda!

I was thinking of more of a Day-to-Day journal for while we're at the park.

The first portion of the book was going to be the planning stages.. Copy of our reservations, little blurb about how excited we are, ADRs we have booked already, shows we hope to see...

Then, while we're on our honeymoon, I was thinking about journaling in the morning/night about what we're doing/did that day. Have pockets for our receipts and maps... etc...

I don't plan on taking it with me to the parks, I'm already going to be lugging around my Nikon D200 camera, I don't need any extra weight! I'd like something small.. like a 6x9?

I think I'll be more likely to journal about our trip while we're there. I'm *still* working on a scrapbook from our trip in 2007. I think I'm on page 4......
OilyStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #105
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyStars View Post
Hi Amanda!

I was thinking of more of a Day-to-Day journal for while we're at the park.

The first portion of the book was going to be the planning stages.. Copy of our reservations, little blurb about how excited we are, ADRs we have booked already, shows we hope to see...

Then, while we're on our honeymoon, I was thinking about journaling in the morning/night about what we're doing/did that day. Have pockets for our receipts and maps... etc...

I don't plan on taking it with me to the parks, I'm already going to be lugging around my Nikon D200 camera, I don't need any extra weight! I'd like something small.. like a 6x9?

I think I'll be more likely to journal about our trip while we're there. I'm *still* working on a scrapbook from our trip in 2007. I think I'm on page 4......
That's pretty close to what I did, although I had planning info and pages for each day's journalling mixed in together in a weird way that only makes sense to me LOL. I got a 5x7/ 6x9 something like that sized blank book (on the first page of this thread) at Walmart and scrapbooking whatnot worked really well for that. And yeah, taking it to the park didn't happen although I made mine small enough to fit in my Overland Donner and my VB Hipster. I kept it on the table in the hotel room and pulled it out at night to recap the day. Makes a cute keepsake Have fun with yours!

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: