Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2011, 05:43 PM   #316
zoeee
Earning My Ears

i looked around and most were expensive! i found a small basic one on ebay for 6 quid but im not good with all this creative stuff so i think ill just get a notebook
zoeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #317
maesey
Earning My Ears

I know you posted this a while ago - but I just wanted to both thank and curse you as I will now be doing nothing else but this until March!! Beautiful job!
maesey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #318
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Yay- Please post pics of your binder when it's done- I'd love to see how people adapt theirs.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #319
KateB
Mouseketeer

Now I HAVE to make a planning binder! Curse you disboarders curse you! (not really I love you all!) Now my OCD has kicked into over drive and I have to get started for our August trip! Can't wait to do it and post the finished product!
August 2012- 3 year Anniversary- Saratoga Springs!!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #320
SheaBear
Mouseketeer

So I have started putting together some spreadsheets to help with my 2013 trip. I feel they will end up being a lifesaver, cause it looks as though the trip will include close to 20 people if not more. I hope to remember to post them after I am done...

The main reason I came on here was to post that the Container Store has miniature 3 ring binders. They are not half size but still helpful.

Measurements: 9" x 7" x 1-1/4"
Price: $15.99

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/o...uctId=10017478

Follow along with my PTR for the planning of a back to back trip to Miami, 4 Night Dream Cruise, and WDW
What Aren't We Celebrating: Katrina's 5th Birthday and So Much More. A June 2013 PTR!

FE List for June 2, 2013..... FE LIST

SheaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #321
Emme
DIS Veteran

We are going in May and I am so EXCITED~ I saw these wonderful amazing planning journals and knew I needed one. So... enter hubby. I am so creatively challenged it's not even funny, seriously .

My hubby on the other hand is super creative so I begged and pleaded (actually just asked once...lol) and he consented to help me. We were so blessed to find a 9x7 3 ring binder in PERFECT condition at Goodwill for $1.00. WOOHOO

I had some scrapbooking supplies (though I never scrapbooked a day in my life, I just thought the items were cute) and presented them to DH who came up with this cover and side. How cute is this??? I haven't added any pages yet but they are coming! I am an avid organizer and planner just lack the creative juices. BUT I will carry on and keep you updated.

Thanks for looking

Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #322
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Great job! Thumbs up for creative hubbies!!!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #323
Meloramelora
Earning My Ears

All of these binders are amazing. Needless to say I was inspired to start my own even though my trip is still a year and half away. (Never to early to start planning!) I'll post some photos when it isn't the middle of the night.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #324
mickeym96
Mouseketeer

Location: a quaint little drinking town with a cheese problem in Southern Wisconsin

All these binders are Great! I can't wait to make my own.
June 1986 w/ family, Oct. 1999 w/ 4 friends, Oct. 2002 gift from Best Friend, Nov. 2007 gift from Best Friend again!
Oct. 2010 Celebrated my new house, BFF's birthday, & BFF's DD's divorce
Oct. 2013 Solo trip Celebrating ME!

mickeym96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #325
jasper1428
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateB View Post
Now I HAVE to make a planning binder! Curse you disboarders curse you! (not really I love you all!) Now my OCD has kicked into over drive and I have to get started for our August trip! Can't wait to do it and post the finished product!
my thoughts exactly Kate
I made a planner book out of one of my son's old school note books that i was quite proud of until I read these boards and realized I could have soooo much more fun with it. The planner I have done just has maps and cue cards stuck in with cool pics in for illustrations- the cue cards contain info such as EMH opening times, parade times, rides I want to go on etc.
but now I want a 'proper' binder with small cue cards to take in the parks and pockets for KTTW cards and maps and OMG!!! I need to plan!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #326
Babycarl3rd
Earning My Ears

Love looking at all your ideas. I have been working on one myself and was looking for some ideas. Found some wonderful tips on here. Thank you all for sharing!
Babycarl3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #327
KingK12
No boo boo, but Yes, I wanna get sauced

Wow those look really awesome! Maybe I should start trying to do a binder instead of getting there and remembering what I forgot to do later...
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #328
Offsides
I enjoy being a girl

I saw this and immediately wanted to make one of my own. My mom is a huge scrapbooker, but me, not so much. It takes too much time (for me) and I rarely get pictures printed.

Anyway, I was searching for a journal I liked, but was having no luck when I stumbled upon this at Michael's:

SMASH

They're essentially what the OP posted, except pre-made. They have a bunch of accessories that you can get for them as well. Perfect for me as I was hitting a wall trying to find a journal I liked. I've been putting mine together a little bit and so far I love it. I am excited to take it with me on my trip!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #329
macrosswife
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to let all of you wanting to take the planner-making plunge know that Staples carries the half-size binders in multiple colors! They are Staples brand, and come with a clear pocket on the front, perfect for personalization! They also carry page protectors, tabbed dividers, and pockets for that size binder.
The new Martha Stewart line at Staples also has binders, tabbed dividers, zip-loc pockets, etc for both the 5x8 size and 8x11 size!

http://www.staples.com/1-Staples-Bet...product_924525
macrosswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #330
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthehat35 View Post
I saw this thread a few months ago and was instantly inspired! I have finished my dinsey biinder (I think!!!) I thought I'd share!

Cover of binder...my favorite part!

Inside pocket(s) my binder is a half size three ring binder. The pockets I cut from full size pockets
*contains magical express information*

The first section

packing list

Flight info (left) resort info (Right)

Magic Kingdom snack info/locations and EMH

Pressed pennies list and calendar

list of best days to go to which park

pictures of snacks!! I am totally a visual person!!!
Amazing!

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: