Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #271
TheNextBelle
I Have A Serious Disney Addiction Problem...And It Has Mickey Mouse Written All Over It!

Location: Illinois...45 minutes from St. Louis, just across the river

Just posted about help with a binder.......and looking through some of the threads.....I came across this one.....I'm so excited!

But I did go to our Office Depot this evening and they had the half size binders but no protectors...so I left empty handed.

Seeing all the neat binders here....maybe I can come up with something!!!!

DH Me DS(13) OurSusieQ(sheltie)

WL May 2010 CSR May 2011 Off Property July 2011 POP March 2012

TheNextBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 AM   #272
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

You can do it! Good luck and post what you come up with!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #273
TheNextBelle
I Have A Serious Disney Addiction Problem...And It Has Mickey Mouse Written All Over It!

Location: Illinois...45 minutes from St. Louis, just across the river

Ok...this afternoon went to Big Lots....and came across this letter size expandable case.....this will do me just fine! I just wanted to keep all my documents together and neat......I don't do alot of journaling....just wanted my paperwork where I can easily grab something! And I think this is gonna work!!! It has individual pockets, and I can label them too!

But envy all of you that can take the time and do these binders....amazing!

DH Me DS(13) OurSusieQ(sheltie)

WL May 2010 CSR May 2011 Off Property July 2011 POP March 2012

TheNextBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #274
mom+3girls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
I just booked my ADR's this morning, and Dh said, well, you're done planning, right. MOOOOAAAHHH (That's supposed to be an evil laugh!)

I bought a bagallini to take in the parks, do you take this binder in the park with you? I was trying to think of something that I could convert into taking into the park, also.... Or would it be best to have a mega mondo binder like this, and then just make a separate sheet for the day (maybe 2 copies of each day at a glance page) to put in...

HELP!! MY inner (who am I kidding, everyone knows) OCD is dying to get going!
I just about spit coke all over my screen when I read this. I stop planning when we check out of the hotel to come home, oh no wait I'm planning my next trip then, maybe I never stop planning.
mom+3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:23 PM   #275
Melani
"keep moving forward"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...un8LMw&cad=rja

This is a half size 3 ring binder w/ 6 pocket tabbed dividers & 3 sheet protectors & a pencile pouch. (does not come w/tape or markers)

Michael's click here

has the American Girl Creativity Keeper on sale. Reg. $24.99 Now 50% off (no coupon needed)

Oh I forgot
I also saw this new binding system at Staples.
arc http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/arc/index.html
It uses the "quick insert" concept where the holes are actually slit so you can take the page in or out w/out opening the rings. Except this has no rings, they're more like disks. Kind of pricey though. Too bad there's not a hole punch so you can make your own inserts.

Last edited by Melani; 04-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Melani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 PM   #276
OBChristine
Mouseketeer

<3 it. I have been thinking of how to do something similar.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #277
SallySkelington
I had enough decency to turn my head and spew root beer all over my sister next to me

Definitely subscribing. Trying to gather ideas for my first binder. (for a Disney Cruise though) You all are brilliant!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 AM   #278
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

I don't plan on taking my planning binder into the parks since it is 8.5 x 11. I also have the Passporter book (the regular version not the deluxe). I plan on transferring information into my Passporter and also on index cards.
ryem's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #279
forever11709
Mouseketeer

my planning journals!

so i said i would post pictures of my 2 "journals" and here they are, the small one is finished, and the bigger ones just needs dividers and a few more info sheets ..

this is the one that will come into the park with me and actually allow me to journal in ..

there is one of these in every section to put pretty much anything in, reciepts, KTTW card, pictures, anything really

This is my 8 1/2x11 binder, this will stay in the room and has any information you could think of, everything from parade times to park hours to maps to where we can use our counter service meals at ..

there is one of these for every park, execpt the water parks, they share a page

and there they are my parents have suggested me making the larger binders for each family going but im not exactly sure yet

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #280
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
so i said i would post pictures of my 2 "journals" and here they are, the small one is finished, and the bigger ones just needs dividers and a few more info sheets ..

this is the one that will come into the park with me and actually allow me to journal in ..

there is one of these in every section to put pretty much anything in, reciepts, KTTW card, pictures, anything really

This is my 8 1/2x11 binder, this will stay in the room and has any information you could think of, everything from parade times to park hours to maps to where we can use our counter service meals at ..

there is one of these for every park, execpt the water parks, they share a page

and there they are my parents have suggested me making the larger binders for each family going but im not exactly sure yet
Both of your binders look great On your smaller binder, the clear inserts you have, did you buy them like that or cut them to size?
Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 09:41 PM   #281
forever11709
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Both of your binders look great On your smaller binder, the clear inserts you have, did you buy them like that or cut them to size?
Thanks
I bought them at Archievers, they lady at kinkos was a little leary when I went to have it bound but it turned out great .. it's made of all cardstock and the front and back are chip board hope that helps

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #282
Catira
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever11709 View Post
I bought them at Archievers, they lady at kinkos was a little leary when I went to have it bound but it turned out great .. it's made of all cardstock and the front and back are chip board hope that helps
Thanks I'll ckeck out that website.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #283
Fantastic4
“Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
Thanks guys! Glad ya'll liked it and of course would love to see pictures if anybody else makes one. Now that I'm officially going back in the fall, I'm scouting out a new journal for the next trip LOL. Somehow I never have time to scrapbook stuff after the trip is over, but THIS i can do. LOL

I absolutely LOVE your journal! What an awesome way to keep track of all the planning AND archive a fabulous trip as you go rather then trying to recall everything later! I'm adding this to my project list when the hubby deploys! Thanks so much for sharing!

“Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life."
Fantastic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 PM   #284
kiminal
Earning My Ears

Great binders!! Did I miss the info on how do you get the "Disney" font for your binders?

Thanks
Kim
kiminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #285
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

waltograph on dafont.com

or go to mickeyavenue.com for a list of all sorts of fonts used throughout wdw like the font for fronteirland, space mountain etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: