Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 AM   #256
forever11709
Mouseketeer

wow, this is the first trip i will be making a planning binder for, and i am actually making 2! one will be full size with all the information i dont need to carry to the park with me and one is 4x7 that i can carry with me and acts more as a journal. This will be my daughters first trip, she will be 15 months, and i dont want to forget any of it! we are also a grand gathering, 16 people, so i am organizing it for everyone else so that we arent all pulled in different directions and somewhat know where/what everyone else is doing i will post pictures of my books when i am done.

oh and i got most of my planning pages from the creative DISigns board, those ladies are CREATIVE!

Mommy Molly & Daddy (will I ever get him to go HOME with me?)

Molly's Trips -- July 2011 Beach Club October 2012 Beach Club October 2013 Yacht Club -- Will this child ever stay in a non-deluxe?!?!?!
forever11709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:15 AM   #257
ilovedoxies
Earning My Ears

I just found the 1/2 sized binder as well - and some page protectors for it - so my planning binder has begun. I may take some time this weekend to get it all organized. I also downloaded the free disney fonts. Too excited.
ilovedoxies is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #258
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Sounds great- take some pics of it when it's done- some of us are visual learners
Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #259
Betty Breed
Mouseketeer

All these books look great. I am very lucky that my DD is a professional graphic designer. She made me several binders over the years of our trips to WDW. She has even offered to do one for our next trip in July. I think I'll take her up on the offer.

In Memory of Amanda,Emma, and little Sophie
Betty Breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #260
disneydreamertoo
Mouseketeer

pictures please

disneydreamertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #261
ryem's mom
Counting down the days

I also want to see pictures, too.

I have been reading the boards for a few months. My family and I just returned from Florida, but did not go to disney (we had a wedding and other obligations).

We have already set the date for next March for Disney.

I have started my planning journal, have the hotel picked out (we are staying on-site)!!! I am now just waiting for August to come so I can book our package.
ryem's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #262
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Love everyones planning binders! I'm not sure if I'm going to make one yet. I think it seems like a must for a long trip so you can stay organized. Do you really use them alot throughout the day? Worth the time to make them? I think I'd try to go with a smaller one...so undecided.

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #263
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
Love everyones planning binders! I'm not sure if I'm going to make one yet. I think it seems like a must for a long trip so you can stay organized. Do you really use them alot throughout the day? Worth the time to make them? I think I'd try to go with a smaller one...so undecided.
I have used mine over and over again on multilpe trips. I have a section with restaurant menus that I leave in there along with park specific tips, transportation time charts, resort phone numbers etc. I cange out the ADR sheet, ridemax plans, and trip specific info with each new trip. It's just nice to have all the info in one place instead of printing out sheets of paper that get lost.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #264
NYEmomma
DIS Veteran

I'm in the midst of putting together my binder for our October trip. Couldn't find the half-sized binder so I'm using a 8.5x11 one. But it's lightweight and flexible so it'll be easy to stuff in the carry on.

I don't plan on taking it with us to the park each day... I'll just pull out the sheets with our touring plans & ADR's to stick in the backpack. Or maybe I'll write them up on index cards. I saw a cool pack of index cards that are all held together with a ring (I also saw a spiral bound book of index cards). Maybe I'll get that and write-up all the important details and carry that with us.

I'll post some pics once I get everything all prettified.

8/82 off-site :: 12/88 off-site :: 2/93 POFQ :: 12/98 off-site :: 10/02 POFQ :: 10/11 POFQ :: 2/15 POR

NYEmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #265
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

This thread is awesome! I showed some of your books to DH to show him there were people crazier than me his response? "Yeah, but now you're going to make one too!" Lol, he knows me well!
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:18 PM   #266
ciadriamom
Mouseketeer

OMG I thought I was the only compulsive planner. I do a binder for everything. I still enjoy looking back at my DCL Crusie binder from several years ago. I am just now finding this thread, and you can bet that it will be a lot more interesting now. I absolutely love the page dividers and itenirary pages and will be contacting a DISinger to get working on those for our upcoming Christmas trip.

I am a fan of the 8 1/2 x 11 1 inch binder with the clear insertable front and back covers, although I have seen the half size ones (in NJ we have them in Staples, in about six or eight different colors -- so check there if you can't find them at Office Max). Keep the great ideas coming!
ciadriamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #267
sahm2two
Mouseketeer

I went and bought stuff today! I was SO disappointed in my Michaels. They have 0 Disney stickers in their scrapbook section. None! Not even character stickers in the kid's section. So I went to Kmart and got some generic character stickers. If I can't find any better stickers I'll just print stuff off the internet. Anyway, I bought this notebook/binder thing... looks really neat!

some cute paper and travel scrapbooking stickers

more paper, page protectors and kmart stickers
sahm2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:06 AM   #268
yanna
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2two View Post
I went and bought stuff today! I was SO disappointed in my Michaels. They have 0 Disney stickers in their scrapbook section. None! Not even character stickers in the kid's section. So I went to Kmart and got some generic character stickers. If I can't find any better stickers I'll just print stuff off the internet. Anyway, I bought this notebook/binder thing... looks really neat!

some cute paper and travel scrapbooking stickers

more paper, page protectors and kmart stickers
I bought a similar binder to yours! The same brand and look, except mine is 5.5 by 8. It was $8 at Walmart. I've been cutting down cardstock to fit into the binder itself, and have yet to buy some stickers. I'm very excited to be making a planning binder... :D
Old 03-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #269
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

I got a little 7.5x8.75 3 ring binder at Target in the clearance section for 1.92! I couldn't pass that up- so I am making a new one with this binder!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #270
Melani
"keep moving forward"

http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/s...k+page&x=0&y=0

2011 Agenda is on sale for $8
It says it's 3 ring binder w/ dividers

Last edited by Melani; 03-30-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Melani is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: