Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #226
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Yeah...I like the idea of 'stickering' to my tastes! I liked your first journal thingy too tho...which are you finding is more useful? I guess I should say, the easiest to work with?
I liked the first one too- however it's easier to modify the current style, and with my busier schedule, that's helpful. I used that first journal style on an extended trip, and may again use it if I ever take a more leisurely long vacation where I'm a bit more relaxed. The only problem is there are always a TON of extra pages at the end, which just seems wasteful, and cutting them out would make the whole thing wobbly. I thought about making a "multiple trips" travel journal, like that, but just haven't had time to mess with it.

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:39 PM   #227
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileybug View Post
I was just saying in another thread that Disney needs its own nut tree with pictures of all of us on it. You deserve a spot at the very top.
Ha ha!! I love you!!! Thanks!! It does sound sort of Winnie-the-Poohish doesn't it?!!! I love your Poohs...I don't think you can ever be too old for Pooh Bear!!!

Kat~ Thanks! I need to look at them both and see what i want....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #228
Smileybug

I would hate to have missed your fine example of "good Pooh" and "bad poo"
The changes just make me giggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
I liked the first one too- however it's easier to modify the current style, and with my busier schedule, that's helpful. I used that first journal style on an extended trip, and may again use it if I ever take a more leisurely long vacation where I'm a bit more relaxed. The only problem is there are always a TON of extra pages at the end, which just seems wasteful, and cutting them out would make the whole thing wobbly. I thought about making a "multiple trips" travel journal, like that, but just haven't had time to mess with it.
Multiple trips journal.....That is almost scary. But so Dis like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Ha ha!! I love you!!! Thanks!! It does sound sort of Winnie-the-Poohish doesn't it?!!! I love your Poohs...I don't think you can ever be too old for Pooh Bear!!!

Kat~ Thanks! I need to look at them both and see what i want....
Pooh is just the best!! Next to Mickey and Minnie of course.
They know me in a way no one ever has...They open me to things I never knew existed...They drive me to insanity and push me to my depts...They are the beat of my heart, the pulse of my veins, and the energy in my soul.....They are my kids.
Every good and perfect gift comes from above....James 1:17
Smileybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #229
Revulkcor
Captain Dakota

I love all these binders! It's getting me excited to start on mine!
Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #230
nicolepdonnelly
DIS Veteran

Great Job Kat!

I love it- I love the size too!
I will be on the lookout for that size at the office store- maybe with school supplies out and discounted I might score a good deal
Old 09-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #231
Maridw
DisneyMom to Disneylover0105
Love to Dance
Tinkerbell Fan

Ok, DH just saw me looking at this thread and since we are looking at a trip next September for our granddaughter, I am going to have to do a planner for that trip.

Can't wait to get started!!!
DL yearly 1969-78, Dec 99, Jul 04, Sept 06, Apr 07 FW 1972 SoG Nov 95, Jun 97, Jul 99, Nov 01 AS Sports Resort - Nov 2000; Apr & Nov 02; Mar & May 03; May & Oct 04, Apr 06 Coronado Springs Resort - Nov 03 Pop Century Mar/Apr, May, & Nov 05, Jan 06, Dec 11, Dec 12 Celebration World Resort Nov/Dec 09

It's A Girl - Natalie Grace! 4 years old now! Our dancing baby!

Maridw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #232
Sarahleigh
Mouseketeer

Wow! I'm so glad this thread was brought back up! I would have never stumbled across it otherwise. I LOVE this idea and am so excited to get one started. We have a month and 2 days to go and I've just been looking for things to keep me busy and help make this trip the best yet! Awesome job!

1993 Offsite 2000 Offsite April 2005 CBR May/June 2009 All Star Sports October 2010 Pop Century
September 2011 Pop Century (GOT ENGAGED! ) November 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge -Kidani Villa
Sarahleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:28 AM   #233
Snickals
Australian Princess...in Training

WOW You are all so creative...I have so much info printed out and this has inspired me Love looking at all your ideas
29 October - 11 December 2013 - Pop Century Resort first 3 weeks Pennsylvania for 3 weeks; experienced snow for first time!

Snickals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #234
alayne
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and get my binder so I can get started. Thank you for posting all your wonderful pictures and ideas. This is just what I have been looking for and I can't wait to get started. My family things I'm crazy and putting why to much time and effort into this but I know once we go and get back they will be very thankful.
alayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #235
momcloud
Mouseketeer

Count me as another convert! I already scrapbook, but DH and I are going for a 4 day trip in Dec. for our anniv. and these binders look perfect for our trip. Plus I wanted to let you all know, if you do a search for Walt Disney font, you can download it for free if you want to have your letters look like the Disney letters. If I can find the site, I will post it here.
AKL- June 2005 w/kids FW- June 1999 w/kids
FW- Sept 1995 Late Honeymoon-Oct 1989
momcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #236
alayne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Best Girl View Post
OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.

Outside spine (sticker on the spine I purchased from Michaels):

Inside (notice zip pocket, credit card slots, etc):

One of many planning sheets:

Resort Information:

Park specific dividers. On the back of the title page I put park maps:

Front Cover pocket (great for passports, boarding passes, etc):

And last, but not least, the super handy handles! (they go in when not in use):

There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!
HI MICKEY'S BEST GIRL

Can you e-mail me the pages that you used to create your binder. I just purchased a binder like yours and was hoping I could use your pages.

My e-mail is alayne3@me.com. If you have a chance. Thanks!!!
alayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #237
ariamac
Mouseketeer

Love this idea! I just booked my first trip to Disney... I am definitely going to make a planning book. I bought the Unofficial Guide to WDW this past weekend... got lots to plan!!
ariamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #238
tinkerbell G
Earning My Ears

Hi Mickey's Best Girl

I was wondering if you could email me a copy of the pages the you use in your binder I need some help to get started on a journal for our 1st trip to wdw in Feb 2011 new at this.

Thanks
tinkerbell G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #239
JenniJ
Mouseketeer

I went out today to find the binder shown by Mickey's Best Girl. Found it at Target. Looked everywhere except the office supply store (figured they would be more expendsive), and only Target had it.
Size is deseptive in the picture! WOW! That is one big binder! I was thinking it was the size of a 5x7, but it really an 8x10! It's nice, REALLY nice, but I can't see myself hauling it around. Plus, I couldn't shell out almost $30 for it.

I ended up getting a picture album booklette. The size of index cards and it is about half an inch thick. I can print out my intinery and such, cut down if needed and slide them into the plastic sleeves. Not what I wanted but, we are already shelling out a lot more on this trip than my DH wants to, so I had to go with the $2 option.

JenniJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #240
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alayne View Post
HI MICKEY'S BEST GIRL

Can you e-mail me the pages that you used to create your binder. I just purchased a binder like yours and was hoping I could use your pages.

My e-mail is alayne3@me.com. If you have a chance. Thanks!!!
Sorry guys, the great computer crash of '10 lost all my files. Check through the Disigns forum, there are lots of goodies in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniJ View Post
I went out today to find the binder shown by Mickey's Best Girl. Found it at Target. Looked everywhere except the office supply store (figured they would be more expendsive), and only Target had it.
Size is deseptive in the picture! WOW! That is one big binder! I was thinking it was the size of a 5x7, but it really an 8x10! It's nice, REALLY nice, but I can't see myself hauling it around. Plus, I couldn't shell out almost $30 for it.

I ended up getting a picture album booklette. The size of index cards and it is about half an inch thick. I can print out my intinery and such, cut down if needed and slide them into the plastic sleeves. Not what I wanted but, we are already shelling out a lot more on this trip than my DH wants to, so I had to go with the $2 option.
My binder is actully the size of a half sheet (8.5x5.5) Did you check Walmart, that is where everyone is reporting finding them.
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: