Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #181
grandmavicki4
Earning My Ears

Looking for Templates for days in parks

I am trying to find some templates for our Daily plans and ADR ect.
with spacces for I have the ones from Passporters but not real happy with them I am actually wanting something different I am thinking something around 5X7 with maybe spaces for B L D show times like parades ect. park hours touring plans like start with Soarin ect. has anyone made something like that. I have been trying with out much luck on my own. Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas where I might find such pages.
grandmavicki4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #182
Mickey's Best Girl
Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse.... what else is there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmavicki4 View Post
I am trying to find some templates for our Daily plans and ADR ect.
with spacces for I have the ones from Passporters but not real happy with them I am actually wanting something different I am thinking something around 5X7 with maybe spaces for B L D show times like parades ect. park hours touring plans like start with Soarin ect. has anyone made something like that. I have been trying with out much luck on my own. Thanks so much if anyone has any ideas where I might find such pages.
See post #1 here.
Sept. '89, offsite ** Oct. '98, offsite ** April '06, Pop ** Dec. '07, Pop ** Nov. '08, CBR ** Nov. '09 4 nights @ POR - 3 nights on DCL Wonder - 7 nights @ Pop ** April '10, Pop ** Nov. '10, Pop ** April '11, Pop ** Oct. '11, Pop - endured 40th anniversary mayhem and lived to tell the story, barely ** April '12, Pop ** October '12, AOA Mermaid ** October '13, Pop
Mickey's Best Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #183
QBNQT
Earning My Ears

Smile Love It!

That scrapbook is awesome. I am going to see if I can do one for our trip in Aug.

2012 - DCL -- Disney Fantasy (Eastern Caribbean Cruise)
2010 - WDW -- Bay Lake Towers
2010 - DCL -- Disney Wonder (Double Dip Cruise)
2008 - WDW -- Grand Floridian
2006 - Disneyland -- Grand Californian
2003 - Disneyland -- Disney Hotel

QBNQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #184
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melani View Post
After 3 trips with the plastic 3 ring binder, I decided I needed something more compact for the car & hotel room.

And now since we are DVC I wanted something a little more classy when I walk up to check-in.

After searching for weeks for a planner I liked enough to fork out $50+ on , I found this half size 3-ring binder at Office Depot. Thinking I had seen the sheet protectors at Michales - they said they no longer carry them. So I ordered some online from Keep Filing & they are much thicker than the ones I had years before.
~today I found the half sheet protectors at my local
Office Max even though they were not on their website.

Now if I ever get the cover sewn I will post a completed pix.
[IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/pitsio****her/P1020496.jpg[/IMG]

Hi everyone!
And Melani- i've been looking for a half-size three ring binder forever! That's awesome that you found one YAY! Can't wait to see how it turns out, I love your colors.

I'm going on a short trip this fall and didn't want to create a big journal for such a little trip, so for now I'm going light At Walmart they had.... plastic spiral bound "Folder pockets" things.... Gosh I can't figure out how to describe it. but it's the size of a folder and has 3 double sided clear pockets inside. No paper, and 8 pockets total. It's kind of boring and not much of any way to personalize it, but I did go to the scrapbooking store today for lots of cute stickers LOL.
When I get a little farther along with it and can dig out my camera, i'll post some pictures

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 PM   #185
Kat73
Mouseketeer

Bianca- your book turned out super cute! Can't wait to see the next one!

Pre-Thanksgiving 1989 Sept 11 2001 POFQ May 2002 CBR May 2003 Poly May 2004 Pop & CR Dec. 2005 POFQ & Poly First Solo trip-Feb. 2009 Girl's Trip Sept 2009 SSR F&W Oct. 2010 Pop F&W Half Marathon Nov. 2013
Kat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #186
Max & Sam's Mom
Earning My Ears

Just started my planner today! So far I have made 6 dividers. It is time consuming, but I am enjoying it! I found a red Day One planner at Walmart like the one someone posted here, so that is my inspiration.

First Trip: August 2011 (Off Site) MNSSHP&MVMCP: November 2012 (Pop) Surprise Trip for my Boys: August 2014 (Wilderness Lodge)
Max & Sam's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #187
katybugsmom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the ideas! I need a smaller planner myself! I've been using one of the portfolios that you can zip all the way around, but I don't think it will make another trip! It's been great for keeping all my "stuff" together,but it just gets bulky and hard to carry!
Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #188
Lfee12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannalee724 View Post
Dividers

I love the book, especially the divider for Epcot. Where did you get the kids around the world clipart?

Trying to convince DH to go to WDW in spring 2011 and failing
New plan: autum 2012 for 10th wedding aniversery (such a long way off) and failing
But we are going in October 2014 and will stay at an Old Key West Studio from Oct. 3th till Oct. 8th and from Oct. 08th till Oct. 17th in a villa offsite
WDW Off site 1994, 1999, 2001, 2003
DH DD (7) DS (5) myself
Lfee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #189
girlsx2
The Tag Fairy loves and appreciates you for the time off!! :)

I just LOVE this thread!! There are so many great ideas here. I never thought about making my own planner. I always buy a new Passporter every year I plan to go (which I love), but to have one that is resort/dining/park specific for us, that is AWSOME!! Thanks again for the great ideas!!
May 87' Offsite - Band Trip, Aug 90' Offsite - DH first trip, Feb 03' Wilderness Lodge - our 3 girls first trip, Feb 04' Pop Century, Jan 06' Off Site - Disney Marathon, Mar 09' Saratoga Springs - Girls only trip,
girlsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 PM   #190
girlsx2
The Tag Fairy loves and appreciates you for the time off!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny View Post
I'm making another binder! Actually 2 more for this upcoming trip- one for my daughter and family and one for a teenaged friend we're taking with us. Like last years' notebook (my posts about it are #51 and #72- pictures on p 5) it's part itinerary, part tips, part journal, and part activity book. This year it's also autograph book and Epcot passport! I don't need as many pages for tips since much is fresh in my mind from last year. One page per park should do. Bianca has decorated those pages with cut out pictures and stickers.

I bought a mini notebook at Target- the colors just screamed Disney to me... red cover, black spine, and yellow liner. I bought a coordinating full size notebook with a yellow cover for the final scrapbook. I put Disney stickers on the front of the cover (and one small one on the bottom back)

I made section dividers with card stock. Then I punched Mickey head tabs with regular round punches. Red for daily itinerary, yellow for park sections, black for autographs. Each divider is decorated differently with stickers, stamps, themed paper, or coloring pages.

My daily section has a sheet outlined to quickly journal- same format copied from last year since I liked it. One side for AM, one for PM. I can put my ADR info there, too. (Ignore that I spelled Park "Fair" wrong!)

Autograph pages might be designated and themed like the one for the Fairies or Princesses (Bianca applied the stickers) or might be generic like the blue floral page for surprise characters. Each page is made of two sheets of regular weight paper adhered together so pens won't bleed through.

I made the mushroom embellishments with punches and textured and polka dot paper and cut out the parts I wanted. I learned last year that my book might get wet (we had a lot of storms) so I used permanent ink to stamp.

An Epcot passport page. All use this type of paper except Morocco since that wasn't available so I had to get creative there with some pretty Moroccan themed tiled paper. The page has a pocket to hold the kidcot goodies (where the pen is) and a white square for the stamp. There is room also for notes on the backsides (mine or if a CM wants to write something)

Now I have to get started on the big-girl's book!
OMG!! I love this idea!! You did a wonderful job!!

May 87' Offsite - Band Trip, Aug 90' Offsite - DH first trip, Feb 03' Wilderness Lodge - our 3 girls first trip, Feb 04' Pop Century, Jan 06' Off Site - Disney Marathon, Mar 09' Saratoga Springs - Girls only trip,
girlsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #191
MooksterL1
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! I know I only have 2 weeks before my trip, but I'm going to attempt a planner anyway.

I am amazed at all of the creativity on this board!
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #192
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat73 View Post
Bianca- your book turned out super cute! Can't wait to see the next one!
The front cover and spine... I love the Mickey head button. The book was supposed to be an address book and has a round window that comes with different monogram letters to personalize it. I stamped Tink and colored her in.

The inside cover and MK tab. What might I do to embelish the inside cover? I had an idea, then forgot.

Autograph divider tab. Autograph pages are solid orange, teal, brown, and white card stock with a mono-color tink stamp

DHS tab.

Epcot Passport pages (oops I forgot to snap pics!) use these papers, cut down to size.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
BiancaBernard&Penny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #193
JMD1979
Earning My Ears

Wow everyone's planners look amazing! I love this idea. I would love to do this for our trip at the end of June. I'd better get started I also love the idea of journaling the trip what a great way to have solid memories for years and years!

Jeana
Old 05-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #194
aharbin88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiancaBernard&Penny View Post
I'm making another binder! Actually 2 more for this upcoming trip- one for my daughter and family and one for a teenaged friend we're taking with us. Like last years' notebook (my posts about it are #51 and #72- pictures on p 5) it's part itinerary, part tips, part journal, and part activity book. This year it's also autograph book and Epcot passport! I don't need as many pages for tips since much is fresh in my mind from last year. One page per park should do. Bianca has decorated those pages with cut out pictures and stickers.

I bought a mini notebook at Target- the colors just screamed Disney to me... red cover, black spine, and yellow liner. I bought a coordinating full size notebook with a yellow cover for the final scrapbook. I put Disney stickers on the front of the cover (and one small one on the bottom back)

I made section dividers with card stock. Then I punched Mickey head tabs with regular round punches. Red for daily itinerary, yellow for park sections, black for autographs. Each divider is decorated differently with stickers, stamps, themed paper, or coloring pages.

My daily section has a sheet outlined to quickly journal- same format copied from last year since I liked it. One side for AM, one for PM. I can put my ADR info there, too. (Ignore that I spelled Park "Fair" wrong!)

Autograph pages might be designated and themed like the one for the Fairies or Princesses (Bianca applied the stickers) or might be generic like the blue floral page for surprise characters. Each page is made of two sheets of regular weight paper adhered together so pens won't bleed through.

I made the mushroom embellishments with punches and textured and polka dot paper and cut out the parts I wanted. I learned last year that my book might get wet (we had a lot of storms) so I used permanent ink to stamp.

An Epcot passport page. All use this type of paper except Morocco since that wasn't available so I had to get creative there with some pretty Moroccan themed tiled paper. The page has a pocket to hold the kidcot goodies (where the pen is) and a white square for the stamp. There is room also for notes on the backsides (mine or if a CM wants to write something)

Now I have to get started on the big-girl's book!
You really did do a fabulous job with this binder! I have one question, though. What is an EPCOT passport? I can't believe I've never heard of this. I imagine that you get a stamp in each country, but I didn't know you could do this. Am I right? Do they sell books for this like they do autograph books?
TIA!
aharbin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:39 AM   #195
kimis
DIS Veteran

love this thread! thanks for posting it!
2007-DL Paradise Pier
2007-DL Candy cane Inn
2007-DL Portofino Inn
2006-POR 2005-POR 2005- DL Paradise Pier 1999-Dixie Landings (1st of many trips-I hope!) 1999- DL Holiday Inn and many more DL trips
kimis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: