Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
KathleenlovesMickey
Mouseketeer

Disney World at Christmas

I am finally getting to see the world at Christmas time!! I am so excited and don't want to miss anything. I know some of the resorts get pretty fancy. Anyone been there to tell me the can't miss things to see and do? Even am willing to go off property to see holiday decor. I love this time of year and am so excited to finally be able to see it!
Thanks for the help!
Cruise the Magic Oct 11 2014
B2B cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral Oct 2014
Cruise on Fantasy March 1 2014
Became Premier Pass owners Oct 2013
WDW October 2013
WDW May 2013
Disney Cruise 4/12/08
WDW 4/19-28/08
Disneyland to many times to count
KathleenlovesMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
momminnie
Mouseketeer

Make sure you get over to the Grand Floridian and see the life size gingerbread house. It is beautiful. Have fun. I love Disney at Christmas.
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL, 2009 PORS, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014 (my 10th visit to the happiest place on earth)
momminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
luvdisney87
Earning My Ears

I'll second the Gingerbread house. The carousel at the Beach Club is pretty neat too. I also love the storefronts at HS. I'm jealous...I love Christmas at Disney!

1979-off-site, 2004 -off-site, 2009 -POR, 2013 -CBR
luvdisney87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
missjackiemcg
Earning My Ears

Christmas is the MOST magical time of the year at WDW! It always makes me feel like a kid again! Soak up and enjoy every moment--don't be in a rush to get on all the rides because they'll be crowded. There is SO much ambiance to enjoy in all of the parks.
missjackiemcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
KathleenlovesMickey
Mouseketeer

Yes I am so excited I don't even care if we get to ride rides this time. I am looking forward to checking out all the hotels and store windows. I actually think I am going to leave Disney property yes, unbelievable but I want to go see the Gaylord Hotel. I have been to the one in Nashville at Christmas at it is amazingly beautiful! I have seen pictures of the one in Florida so we might go check I out too. This is the first year in over 20 that I will not be putting up over 22 full size trees. Yes I love to decorate. I am only doing one tree this year so different. I really need a big Christmas decorating fix!
WDW October 2013
WDW May 2013
Disney Cruise 4/12/08
WDW 4/19-28/08
Old 11-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Don't miss the Osbourne Lights at DHS, spectacular!

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Katelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
tigger&tigerlover
Mouseketeer

I'm doing the first time at Disney World for Christmas in a week and a half, and I can't wait!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenlovesMickey View Post
Yes I am so excited I don't even care if we get to ride rides this time. I am looking forward to checking out all the hotels and store windows. I actually think I am going to leave Disney property yes, unbelievable but I want to go see the Gaylord Hotel. I have been to the one in Nashville at Christmas at it is amazingly beautiful! I have seen pictures of the one in Florida so we might go check I out too. This is the first year in over 20 that I will not be putting up over 22 full size trees. Yes I love to decorate. I am only doing one tree this year so different. I really need a big Christmas decorating fix!
We'll be down there Dec 6th-16th and already have reservations for Sat Dec 7th for the Shrek Feast over at Gaylord Palms and tickets for ICE. In between those, we'll be checking out their giant atrium with their 54" Christmas tree and gators. This year the theme for their ICE exhibit is Frosty the Snowman. They also have Gingy the Gingerbread Man from the Shrek Movie for people who want to make decorated gingerbread cookies or houses.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
We'll be down there Dec 6th-16th and already have reservations for Sat Dec 7th for the Shrek Feast over at Gaylord Palms and tickets for ICE. In between those, we'll be checking out their giant atrium with their 54" Christmas tree and gators. This year the theme for their ICE exhibit is Frosty the Snowman. They also have Gingy the Gingerbread Man from the Shrek Movie for people who want to make decorated gingerbread cookies or houses.
My husband just surprised me a couple of days ago... "Why don't we use up that airline voucher that's about to expire and go see Disney World all decorated!" I'm thrilled, of course, but now preparing for a long weekend trip, just three nights for us. Seeing WDW at Christmas has been on my bucket list! Wish I'd known sooner so I could have gotten free dining though. I'm about to try to make a couple of dining reservations, it looks like a see busy weekend.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
KathleenlovesMickey
Mouseketeer

WDWDiane are you renting a car? We are as I didn't want to waste a sec waiting for buses. I have been going crazy trying to figure out the best plan to see everything but having a car is really going to help. Enjoy your time there.
WDW October 2013
WDW May 2013
Disney Cruise 4/12/08
WDW 4/19-28/08
Old 11-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #11
PlutoTheDog89
Mouseketeer

Check out my rolling thread of Disney during Christmas and feel free to message me with any questions! Been there three times already and going for my fourth this year!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3142648

Next Trip: Christmas
12/24/12 - 1/1/13

Previous Trips:

3/29/12 - 4/1/12: Wedding for family friend
A Short trip, but a memorable and enjoyable one! Played golf in Disney for the first time! A very non-traditional trip, but a fun one!

12/24/10 - 1/1/11: Christmas
[I] Our Second Christmas. We drove down to Florida. I had a broken foot, so I got everywhere via EMV. My mom got sick, then my sister, then I was sick for NYE. Missed the parks on NYE day, but I champed it out for NYE at DHS [I]

12/24/09 - 1/1/10 Christmas
[I] Our first Christmas spent in Disney. We took Amtrak down (never again). I fought a cold all Christmas, but fought through it to enjoy. [I]

Summer of 2007: We went following my High School graduation. Fun trip but it was scorching hot!

The one or two other times previous to this, but the dates don't stick out in my mind.
PlutoTheDog89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathleenlovesMickey View Post
WDWDiane are you renting a car? We are as I didn't want to waste a sec waiting for buses. I have been going crazy trying to figure out the best plan to see everything but having a car is really going to help. Enjoy your time there.
No, we never rent a car. I see your point about not wanting to wait for buses though.

We are staying in the Epcot area, so will use boats for two of the parks. I think we will go to the Mickey's Christmas party at the MK on the day we arrive, should work out with our flight coming in at 1:15 and checking in and all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: