Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #31
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

A good day gone bad...

So, today started out really good, Paige slept until 7:00 am (this is considered sleeping in late in our house ). She went to swim class, the last one until this fall, and did an amazing job. I was so proud of her.

She did so well that we took her to see the new Disney cartoon "UP". It was really cute but that is when our day started to take a down turn. I noticed that Paige was coughing...alot. Which shouldn't be a big deal. The problem is that a little boy at daycare was out all last week with a cough and a fever and a little girl had the cough the week before. I kept checking Paige's temperature all afternoon and evening. At last check, about 60 minutes ago, she has a low grade temp, just over 100. I am hoping the fever breaks tomorrow...I hate it when she is sick. I usually feel so helpless.

To top the day off, the storms that were predicted for today are finally making an appearance. I just hope Paige believes my explanation for thunder and lightening. I told her that thunder was God, Jesus, and all the angels bowling and lightening is when they get a strike. I think my mom told me that as a child.

The other day I started looking at menus for the different ts restaraunts Disney has to offer. I should never have done that as I now think I am going to change some of my ADR's I was thinking about. I made 2 lists...one that are my must do's and one that are optional. I figured I better have a back up plan in case the one's I am leaning towards are not available. So here are what are on my lists:

Must do: Le Cellier (for Rod and Paige as I do not eat steak)
Supercalifragilistic bf at Grand Floridian (for Paige...well me too )
Princess Lunch at Akerhus (mainly for Paige, hoping Ariel will be there)
Spirit of Aloha

Optionals: Chef Mickey, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Happily Ever After at the GF, Biergarten, and 50's Prime Time Cafe.

We will probably end up with all character meals (except for Le Cellier) only because Paige will enjoy it more. I am really leaning towards dinner with Cinderella only because Lady Tremain and the stepsisters will be there. I guess it all depends on what is available when I call...next Sunday. I can not believe it is almost here!!! I wish that the online reservation system for ADR's was open to the general public...I think that would make it a bit easier but either way, 7:00 Sunday morning can not get here fast enough.

Hopefully this week I will get the pics from Paige's last Ballet class posted. She was so cute, as were all the little girls. We have discovered that Paige loves the camera. It was actually pretty funny watching her.

Well, that is all I have for tonight, so until next time, happy reading.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #32
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Hi, I'm reading! We're also from Indy (well, Greenwood) and we'll be there the same time as you (9/7-9/14). I can't wait to keep reading your plans. My DH ran the mini a few years ago, and I have been thinking of walking next year. I don't run. Well, maybe if a bear was chasing me, but definitely not for fun!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #33
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
Hi, I'm reading! We're also from Indy (well, Greenwood) and we'll be there the same time as you (9/7-9/14). I can't wait to keep reading your plans. My DH ran the mini a few years ago, and I have been thinking of walking next year. I don't run. Well, maybe if a bear was chasing me, but definitely not for fun!
We are southsiders as well. When we first moved to Indy we lived in an apartment in Greenwood. Looks like we are neighbors of sort.

I didn't run the mini by any means...I did walk it pretty fast in the beginning but finished pretty slow. I am definitely going to do it again b/c although I hurt when I was done, I also felt really good that I had accomplished something I wanted to do.

I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!! I think Biergarten is out as a choice but Cape May Clam Bake dinner thing is in. Rod really loves seafood so again, I may take one for the team. I liked what was on the kids menu and the desserts sounded really good. I will make sure that I update Sunday with my ADR's. I was hoping that I could make them on-line but I don't think that is up and running for us guests yet, only TA's at this point...bummer.

I still haven't uploaded Paige's ballet pics but will try to do that this weekend so I can post some on Sunday. I am going to let you all know now that she loves the camera so don't expect alot of serious pics. I think she gets that from her dad...

That is all for tonight...so until next time, happy reading.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!!
I swear, half the reason I look forward to my ADR date is so I can shut off the part of my brain that is constantly tweaking and rearranging and second guessing our dining plans! Its nice to see I'm not the only one.
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
I swear, half the reason I look forward to my ADR date is so I can shut off the part of my brain that is constantly tweaking and rearranging and second guessing our dining plans! Its nice to see I'm not the only one.
I know!! My fear is that once I have them all set and made, I will change my mind. Will it ever end????? Just over 33 hours to go and I get to hit the phones. By the time I crawl out of bed tomorrow it will be 1 day to go until ADR time!
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #36
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post

I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!! I think Biergarten is out as a choice but Cape May Clam Bake dinner thing is in. Rod really loves seafood so again, I may take one for the team. I liked what was on the kids menu and the desserts sounded really good. I will make sure that I update Sunday with my ADR's. I was hoping that I could make them on-line but I don't think that is up and running for us guests yet, only TA's at this point...bummer.
I think we are finally decided on CMC as well. It sounds good and seems to get pretty good reviews on here. I do like seafood, but not mussels and clams-yuck! I'm hoping they still have crab legs in September. I love those and could eat a ton! I hear you on just wanting to make the ADRs and be done. Especially now with all the hoopla on the restaurant board about whether there's a bias built into the computer system, it is just totally freaking me out. I want to be done, and move on to the fun stuff like what we're doing at each park and making t-shirts!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #37
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

Isn't it sad...

how obsessed we have become over making ADR's?? Rod could pretty much care less where we eat as long as we get Le Cellier...but what about Paige and I??? For us it is all about the characters....the princesses, mickey and the gang, and everyone else.

We are less than 18 hours away from dial in time...I am going to have to make up my mind in the next couple of hours because we will be at Victory Field tonight for the celebrity softball game to benefit the make a wish foundation. Definitely taking my camera for all those "celebrity" sightings.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
how obsessed we have become over making ADR's?? Rod could pretty much care less where we eat as long as we get Le Cellier...but what about Paige and I??? For us it is all about the characters....the princesses, mickey and the gang, and everyone else.

We are less than 18 hours away from dial in time...I am going to have to make up my mind in the next couple of hours because we will be at Victory Field tonight for the celebrity softball game to benefit the make a wish foundation. Definitely taking my camera for all those "celebrity" sightings.
I know, I think I will be a much calmer, happier person once ADRs are done. And the worst part is that I am the only one in our group who has done any research or planning, so no one care what we get besides me!

Have fun at the game! We haven't been to an Indians game yet, but I hear the park is really nice. I think we might try to go later this summer. I'm dying to see who the "celebrities" are-Indy has a sad definition of that word!!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 06-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #39
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana616 View Post
I know, I think I will be a much calmer, happier person once ADRs are done. And the worst part is that I am the only one in our group who has done any research or planning, so no one care what we get besides me!

Have fun at the game! We haven't been to an Indians game yet, but I hear the park is really nice. I think we might try to go later this summer. I'm dying to see who the "celebrities" are-Indy has a sad definition of that word!!
I was wondering if I would even know any of the celebrities when Rod told me we were going. I had the same thought you did. LOL! I think most of the Colts players were there including Payton, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Reggie Wayne and Robert Matthis. Carlos Diaz was there but I think he does alot in Indy. Roy Hibbert from the Pacers was there. I got some good pics that I will try to post tomorrow.

I better hit the hay if I am gonna make it up by 7 to start my dialing.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #40
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

ADR's made....and I am happy!

OK, I did not make it up in time to call at 7:00 this morning. I actually did not call until around 8:00 and I thought "oh no, I am going to be on hold for an hour like other people have been!" Plus, I am still trying to keep this a secret from Paige so I have to be very secretive about what I am doing. The good news is twofold. I was only on hold for 6 minutes (I had cinnamon rolls in the oven so I checked the timer when I called and when they answered ). Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place.

Until next time, happy reading.

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!!
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #41
Colleen27
DIS Veteran
 
Colleen27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 16,801

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place.

Until next time, happy reading.

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!!
Congrats! I'm so happy to be reading all these ADR success stories from Sept trippers. Those hold times and availability problems the August free diners ran into had me sweating our ADR list just a bit!

Less than 3 months to go - that's something worth celebrating!
__________________
~~**Colleen & Crew**~~
POR 10/05 ~ BC 08/07 ~ WL 01/08 ~ CBR 12/09 ~ POP 03/11 TR/ DR
POP 1/12 TR ~ ASSp 5/12 ~ CSR 3/13 ~ POP 4/13 ~ ASMu 12/13


Colleen27 is offline  
Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #42
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
I was wondering if I would even know any of the celebrities when Rod told me we were going. I had the same thought you did. LOL! I think most of the Colts players were there including Payton, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Reggie Wayne and Robert Matthis. Carlos Diaz was there but I think he does alot in Indy. Roy Hibbert from the Pacers was there. I got some good pics that I will try to post tomorrow.

I better hit the hay if I am gonna make it up by 7 to start my dialing.
Oh, Bob Sanders is my absolute favorite Colts player! (Though I love Peyton for being such an incredible role model for my boys!) Those sound like pretty good celebs, especially by Indy standards! Glad you had fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspaige View Post
OK, I did not make it up in time to call at 7:00 this morning. I actually did not call until around 8:00 and I thought "oh no, I am going to be on hold for an hour like other people have been!" Plus, I am still trying to keep this a secret from Paige so I have to be very secretive about what I am doing. The good news is twofold. I was only on hold for 6 minutes (I had cinnamon rolls in the oven so I checked the timer when I called and when they answered ). Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place.

Until next time, happy reading.

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Congrats! I'm so happy to be reading all these ADR success stories from Sept trippers. Those hold times and availability problems the August free diners ran into had me sweating our ADR list just a bit!

Less than 3 months to go - that's something worth celebrating!
for you on the ADRs!!! That's awesome, and it sounds like you got some great places! And for less than 90 days! We make ours on Tuesday, and I am dying here! I just want to be done. Plus my DH is desperate for me to stop asking his opinion on things he could not care less about. He told me last night I need a 12 Step Program. I told him, "When magic is falling at our feet because of all my planning, you will be feeling pretty bad for mocking me. I am a magic maker." Ha! Now to see about actually making some magic !
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #43
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

Pics as promised...

I am a few days late but I finally uploaded pictures of Paige at Ballet and from the softball game.

First position...


She fanices herself a dancer...


Now bring on the celebrities!



okay, okay...the real celebrities.




Payton is right in front of the dugout...I will try to crop and enlarge so you can see better but for now this is all I have...



If you click on the picture it should come up in another screen bigger so you can see him better.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #44
jana616
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,163

Those pictures of Paige the dancer are SO cute! That must be fun to watch!

And the softball game looks fun. We'll have to keep an eye out if they do it again next year so we can go!
__________________
2009 trip report-"Stop drinking out of that puddle"-our first family trip with 2 and 4 year olds!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2285467


2009 PTR! 100 Days til Our First Family Trip!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2190617
jana616 is offline  
Old 06-09-2009, 10:26 PM   #45
princesspaige
DIS Veteran
 
princesspaige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 747

For the love of all things holy!!

Grrrrr!!!!!!

I thought I was good to go with my ADR's. Told Rod all about them and how I made sure that there were 2 he would really enjoy. Mind you, I covered this with the man prior to making any of our ressie's. Guess what happened...he changed his mind. I thought that was only a woman's perrogative. He has decided he really does not want to eat at Cape May. What?!?!?! The seafood lover in the family is forsaking a chance to eat seafood? Where is my husband and what have you done to him? Seriously, he tells me tonight he really doesn't want to go and to find something else instead. Since he is "requesting" the change, I am going to make him suffer thru a second character breakfast....hee hee hee, I feel so evil right now and I LIKE it.

So tomorrow morning, I am going to call and see about switching Cape May for breakfast at Crystal Palace. If that is a no go, I will try Chef Mickey, if that is a no go, then maybe Tusker House at the Animal Kingdom. This will be the last change to ADR's I make. Only because I am happy with everything else. In all honesty, Cape May was the only meal I was not looking forward to. Neither Paige nor I enjoy seafood so we both would have been eating off the children's menu.

Until next time, happy reading.

One last thing, the Pitts Penguins have just under 5 more minutes to hang on to their lead. Go Pittsburgh...this will be the only time you will hear me say that.
__________________
I lost my name when I became Paige's mommy


Me DD
princesspaige is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.