Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Paige goes bowling...

Back in February, shortly after starting her good behavior calendar, Paige earned enough stickers to go bowling. We took her in March because Rod had knee surgery right before Valentine's Day so bowling had to be put on hold for a couple of weeks. Paige was okay with the wait as she really wanted Daddy to go with us. Once she got there, there was no stopping the fun!!

She wasn't strong enough to pick up the lightest ball so I taught her how to do it granny style.

She got a spare and was so excited that she skipped her way back!!

Once we got home and after her nap, she was allowed a doughnut with chocolate icing ...boy that was a mistake!!

All in all it was a great day. We took her to see a movie for her next set. I can not remember which one we saw but I am pretty sure she enjoyed it. We are quickly approaching her next reward so it looks like we are going bowling again...

Like I mentioned Sunday, we had a great time Easter Egg hunting...pics are in the next post.

Me DD
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Easter Egg Hunting

Paige really liked the Easter Bunny...because he was giving out candy!!

And then it was time for the eggs...It is amazing how fast kids will run when there is candy involved. I don't think any of them walked like all of the parents told them to...not that I am surprised.

She had such a great time that she keeps asking when we are going to her Memaw's house to find the eggs the Easter Bunny leaves there. After all, he leaves money at her house.

And then it was photo studio time....

Me DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Photo Studio

So I decided to take some pics of Apollo...a few came out okay

Then the cooperation ended...

I think he was done! So Paige and I decided to take one of the 2 of us laying on the floor...

Apparently if we were in the picture, then so was he...I am sooo not into dog saliva!! Makes you wonder why I have a dog, doesn't it.

Until next time...happy reading.

Me DD
Old 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #19
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

where o where to eat...

I thought I had our places to eat decided...that was until my brother decided to offer his suggestions. We have done HDDR twice and really like it. My brother says we should do O'hana's....now I am torn. Do we do HDDR or try O'Hana's? Or, do we do the breakfast O'Hana (not sure what it is called but it is with Lilo and Stitch) and still do HDDR? So many decisions so much time! What makes it worse is that I can not even make my ADR's yet as it is still tooooo early. After all, I could change my mind another million times by June. EEK!!

Oh, and anther thing, I thinking Le Cellier is out as well...not b/c Rod doesn't want to go (the man does a good steak) but b/c I really don't want to. Is that selfish of me? I could always tell him that I couldn't get a ressie...

OT...sorry need to take a quick left turn...I am watching Dancing with the Stars and they are showing Shawn Johnson's training.. hilarious!!! I can only imagine how silly I would feel trying to be sexy with someone other than my man and I am 35...not 17!!!

Now back to your regularly scheduled show...where was I?? oh yeah...ADR's...the only place I haven't changed my mind on is Akerhaus...all because of the Princesses!!!

Basically I am at square 1...where to eat. I think I am going to have to troll the restaurant area some more...the problem is just when I think I have it all figured out someone says something that changes my mind...why can't everyone just say the same thing! I guess all this really won't matter if I can not get the ressies I want, will it? Either way, we are going to have the best vacation ever!!!

Until next time...happy reading!

Me DD
Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

I knew that I would be changing my mind about our TS meals...I was just hoping it would take longer than 3 days for it to happen!!

Ok, so far this is what I am thinking...

Saturday (arrival date) - Spirit of Aloha (HDDR is out, this is in)
Monday - Princess Storybook Dining at Akerhus - lunch
Tuesday - Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday - Le Cellier - lunch (yep, it's back )
Thursday - Chip 'N' Dale's Harvest Feast at the Garden Grill (b/c LTT doesn't have the characters anymore...their loss )
Friday - Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet - breakfast

Now, I just need the ADR fairies to sprinkle some pixie dust on me so I get the days/times I want...maybe I need to work on a plan b just in case.

We decided not to do BBB this year. We did it last year and Paige really enjoyed it but I am good with skipping it this year. We are going to do MNSSHP again. We went last year, on Halloween, and had a blast. I hope this year we have just as much fun! I need to start thinking about what costume Paige will be wearing this year...I am pretty sure it will be a princess. Heck, she could probably wear the same Ariel one from last year. That would definitely same us some money.

It looks like I still have lots of planning to do...so until next time, happy reading.

Me DD
Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #21
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

It has been a while since I last gave an update and for that I apologize. Things have been crazy around here.

Last Friday I had to have a small follow up procedure done (everything is good ). I had to schedule toe surgery for Paige...she has a condition called hammer (curley) toe and has to have a tendon cut on each foot. This is scheduled for July...the week we were going to visit friends we met on our Disney cruise last November. I am not looking forward to this at all. In fact we are not telling Paige about b/c she will get upset that someone is going to cut her toes. It should be a pretty quick procedure but we will find out if it is a tendon issue or if there is an actual bone deformity on the one foot...if it is a bone deformity then there will major surgery on the toe in a couple of years...right now her bones are to small to perform that procedure. I going to give myself a little pixie dust (ok, maybe alot!!) that it will just be the tendon.

I did buy us all "matching" Wall*E shirts from the Disney Store last week. They are matching in that they all say the same thing but mine is pink, Rod's is blue, and Paige's is white. I am hoping to put something on the back of them just for fun...we'll see what I come up with. If I do anything, I will be sure to post pics of them.

I have been reading lots here on the Disboards about making a touring plan...I am pretty mixed on this. On one hand, it would be nice to have my days planned but on the other hand, with a 4 year old, I know that even the best plans get pushed to the side. With that in mind, I have decided to "wing" it. Other than our ts meals, daily naps, and swims nothing else is set in stone. We will probably make it to most of the parks for the EMH and leave around lunch to eat, swim, and nap. After that, we will head back to a park but this is my "take it easy don't try to do it" all trip. I am just so excited to be going!!

That is all I have for today, so until next time...happy reading.

Me DD
Old 04-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...it was absolutely beautiful here...sunny and in the mid 80's!! We did some work in the yard and went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (where the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 are ran) for a fundraiser called the Mutt Strut. It is a fundraiser for our local Humane Society.

The only drawback, and it is a big one, is on saturday we decided to change out the thermastat in our house to a programable one. As soon as it was changed, the A/C quite working! My dad was here and he couldn't figure out what was wrong either. UGH!! We figured that we would have to call someone today to come look at it, the problem was we were not sure if it was the unit or an electrical problem. Since this all happened Saturday night, I refused to pay for an emergency visit. So, last night, during dinner, Rod decides to take one last look at the unit before deciding to call someone. He pulls out a fuse and asks me what I think...I say "it looks like it has a burn spot on it". Could that be the problem??? A simple little $0.50 item??? Our luck could not be that good. So after eating, we take a trip to Walmart...about the only place still open that would carry those itty bitty fuses...we get home, plug it in and guess what!?!?!? It works!!! Yes, the little, itty bitty $0.50 fuse had blown and yes, we have air!! My honey totally rocks!

I have been reading the DIS like crazy today, trying to get tips and ideas to use when we go...I have gotten some really good ones. I am writing them all down otherwise I will forget them. I just need to remember that vacations are supposed to be fun, not work...otherwise we would never take them.

That is all for tonight, so until next time...happy reading.

Me DD
Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #23
jkCT
DIS Veteran

I'm here, I'm reading, and I'm living vicariously through your WDW plans!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkCT View Post
I'm here, I'm reading, and I'm living vicariously through your WDW plans!
Glad to have you. If you are still my coupon buddy come September, you may a little something something in your envelope...

I need lots of luck for this weekend...I am doing my first mini marathon...the Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini Marathon. I am not exactly running...more like walking. I think to run it you a.) have to like running and b.) start training long before the week of the event. Since the first does not apply and the second does...walking I will be. My goal is to just finish the 13.1 miles and not need to catch a ride on the "Back of the Pack" bus...yes that is the bus that picks up people that are not maintaining the required 18 minute mile. So, while all of you are enjoying a beautiful day (hopefully you will have great weather) just send me some pixie dust and a mental wish that I finish the race. I think if I get enough good vibes I will be good to go so thank you in advance.

My family will not be there as Rod is on swimming duty. Paige has lessons every Saturday morning and since I will be busy, he is taking over. It looks like I will be giving Paige a bath once I get home...that is after I have had my looong shower and use up all the hot water.

I will try to let you all know how I did on Saturday but if I am way to pooped, it will have to wait until Sunday...think you can hold out that long???

So...until next time, happy reading.

Me DD
Old 04-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #25
jkCT
DIS Veteran

Good luck on your mini marathon! (I walked 2 1/2 miles tonight at a walkathon at my daughter's school and I was tired...can't imagine 13.1 miles!)
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #26
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

I survived!!!

Yes, I survived my 13.1 mile half marathon...my first ever!! I know I said I would try to update by Sunday with how I did but I was soooo sore, it was awful. I am finally feeling like I can walk and not hurt.

Unfortunately there are no pics to post except for my bib and medal. But the medal is proof that I finished.

I did not want to carry the camera with me and Rod didn't stay...I really didn't think Paige would want to hang out for over 3 hours. Rod did ask if I was going to do it again next year...and I said "YES!!" As hard as it was and as much as I hurt afterward, I feel really good about it and feel like I accomplished something huge. My goal was twofold...first I wanted to finish it and secondly I wanted to average a 15 minute mile. Here are my split times and results... I walked the first 5 miles in 1:07:42, mile 10 mile split was 2:23:04 (I had slowed down alot between mile 8 and 10 and was seriously considering giving up ), my final time was 3:10:21. This made my average mile 14:32...I definitely accomplished both goals.

I do have an update on our vacation...I bought tickets for MNSSHP for the 11th. We did this last year on Halloween the night before our cruise and Paige had an absolute blast. I am really excited about doing it again. There are a couple of things we will differently this year. Last year we ate at Liberty Tree (it still had the character meal) and Paige visited BBB. I know we are not going to have a table service for dinner that night and probably won't do BBB either. I may buy some stuff and do her hair, make-up, and nails for her...it would be a heck of a lot cheaper that way!

I am still waiting on my 90 day mark so I can make my ADR's...less than 4 weeks to go for that. the good news is that I have nailed down my meals and times...now I just need to make sure I get them. Isn't that the hard part?

Well that is all for tonight...as always...until next time, happy reading.

Me DD
Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #27
jkCT
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Way to go on the half marathon!
Old 05-07-2009, 07:26 PM   #28
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkCT View Post
Congrats! Way to go on the half marathon!
Thanks! I am actually totally pain free today. I started feeling much better Tuesday afternoon and it has just gotten better every day. In fact, I mowed the grass tonight to make sure...it won't help my allergies but at least I know that I can do it.

The funny thing is that I have asked Rod if I can do the Disney Princess half marathon in March. He looked at me like I was crazy...the look got worse when I told him I wanted to sign up to do another half marathon in October. I think I have gotten bit by the half marathon bug.

This time I have a plan...it is called training. I think if I start now, I should be able to get my time down to a 13:30 mile. That would be shaving a full minute off but I figure with some (lots!!) of training it is possible.

Rod and I are going back and forth over taking Paige to BBB this year. He wants to take her I think taking her to the barbershop at MK would be fine...this decision is being tabled until a later date...that way I don't loose my mind.

To all my fellow mothers (including those whose children are of a non-human species) Happy Mother's Day!! I hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness.

So, until next time...happy reading!

Oh yeah, one more thing...my countdown no longer shows 4 months!!

Me DD
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #29
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

quick update

Just wanted to give a quick update...I ordered our MNSSHP tickets a week ago and guess what was in the mail today....that's right our party tickets!!! Can you say EXCITED???

Really that is all I wanted to share, sad I know but every little thing counts.

Please feel free to share anything you think I could use on our trip...if you have any special requests, like asking me to ride a certain ride for you...just ask, I am game...well with one major exception. I do not, repeat, DO NOT ride the teacups... that would not make for a very fun vacation.

Until next time, happy reading.

Me DD
Old 05-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #30
princesspaige
DIS Veteran

Sorry!!!

Sorry about the lack of updates...work has been crazy and when I do get a chance to sign on to the Dis it is usually for some quick reading and a quick post here and there...unfortunately my updating has suffered.

I finally got Paige to go to sleep around 10:00 tonight. We are "camping" in the living room...meaning I inflated the queen size air matress...I don't sleep on floors. We were going to sleep in the tent out back (using previously mentioned air mattress) but since Rod went to the movie we decided to stay inside. I am to much of a chicken to sleep in the tent if he isn't home, plus what am I going to do out there in the dark with him gone and Paige asleep??? So, we are camping inside tonight. Plus if we stay inside, I can give an update while watching the replay of the Indy 500. I am not a huge fan but thought I would give it a whirl. (Since I live in Indy I don't get to watch it live, so I find out who wins and then watch parts of it later that evening.)

I actually have a HUGE update for everone. I e-mailed my TA on Thursday and asked her to go ahead and pay off our vacation. We have the money and decided that it didn't matter if we paid it off now or 45 days from now.

Two weeks from today I get to make my ADR's. I am so excited. My trip is coming together and I can barely contain myself. It is getting harder to keep it from Paige but she is still in the dark...thank goodness. I am slowing picking up things we will need a little at a time. I am going to order a "dog" tag, think from PetSmart, for Paige. I have this huge fear that she will wonder off and get lost. She did this to us at Meijer and we found her but it TERRIFIES me that it will happen there. So I am going to make one of these with her name and my and Rod's cell phone numbers on it just in case she does get lost. That way if someone finds her they can call us. I am going to show her it before we go and tell her that if we ever get seperated, even if at the grocery store, to find someone with a name tag on and ask them to call her mommy or daddy. Hopefully we won't have to use it but better safe than sorry.

I think that is all I have for updates, so until next time, happy reading.

Me DD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: