Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2009, 02:27 PM   #46
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer View Post
Hi everyone,
First of all I have to thank Eeyore's Butterfly who sent a very cute get well card signed by a bunch of Disney characters. Jozlynn reads the card daily!

A little medical update: Jozlynn is doing better than we ever expected!! I didn't even realize how badly she needed the surgery until now. She has more energy than ever!!

We finally got a date!! October 2nd-8th
American airlines is doing some sort of promotion/media thingy for MAW and Jozlynn is going to be the special guest. It sounds like she'll get some special treatment on the airplane and then a party once we get to GKTW.

The wish granters have been so wonderful, they've sent a few gifts. They also have come by a few times to visit, even dressed like clowns!

I'll try to update more soon, I've just been so busy with college...only 3 weeks left until I get a little break!!
You guys are on WISH FLIGHT!!!!!!

Awesome!

If you want surprises, don't read my TR. Seriously.

But each state is different with their send off parties anyway...

That is awesome!

Another WISH FLIGHT child!

I can't remember exactly what the schedule was last year...but your parties will be different than the schedule I have or the one you may have seen posted...just FYI. They will have a special AA party for you guys that will be one of the nights of the other party.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #47
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I also just found this from the Big Give site. Such cute girls you have! And such a beautiful family! What are you going to school for by the way?
I love your daughter's names they are very unique! I can't wait to hear more about your planning!
Thanks, we are so excited about the Big Give! I am going to school to become an RN, nurse. I am now on break for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
You guys are on WISH FLIGHT!!!!!!

Awesome!

If you want surprises, don't read my TR. Seriously.

But each state is different with their send off parties anyway...

That is awesome!

Another WISH FLIGHT child!

I can't remember exactly what the schedule was last year...but your parties will be different than the schedule I have or the one you may have seen posted...just FYI. They will have a special AA party for you guys that will be one of the nights of the other party.
I purposely haven't read too many TRs because we love surprises!!
BTW maroo, I would love to get one of those planners, please

This is what I have so far...
We deffinatly want to go to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and SeaWorld. We will most likely skip Epcot (since we can't do everything) and go to either HollyWood, or Islands of Adventure.

Oct 2nd-8th
Fri- Travel
Sat-HollyWood or Islands of Adventure
Sun-SeaWorld
Mon-Spend the day at GKTW and maybe go to the beach
Tue-Animal Kingdom
Wed-MK
Thurs-Travel

I'm not sure if we have any character meetings or a character meal yet, so this will probably change depending on that.

Some rides we really want to go on are Peter Pan ride, Jozlynn loves Peter Pan! Also, any little kids roller coaster. Maybe Woody Woodpecker if we go to Universal. Also, Tower of Terror. Expedition Everest is a must, as well as Kali River Rapids. At MK we want to do splash mountain, also Dumbo and any other ride that Ariana can go on.

Ariana is about 36" tall and Jozlynn is about 44"
Ariana will probably be too scared to go on many rides, but Jozlynn will want to go on everything!

Our friend Shane just died a few days ago in a motorcycle wreck(he was only 22). So Derik has been talking about Disney a lot this week, to get his mind off of reality. We are all looking so forward to getting away for a while, our first vacation in 5 years!

I can't believe we're only 4weeks away!!

Here is a pic of our wish granter dressed up like a clown for the girls, he did all kinds of clown tricks

Mommy to Jozlynn,8 HRHS,PAIVS,TS,PAS,PFO,ASD(heart defects) www.littlezippers.com
and Ariana,6 Heart Healthy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #48
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

I just read this and noticed you will be in the world the same time I will be. I sincerely hope I run into you. I would just love to meet you all. You are a true inspiration (as are your girls and DH). I wish you the most magical vacation you could have. Try to order the photo pass CD before you leave. The photographer will put all your pictures on the card. Not sure if MAW will purchase that or you will have to. Again, please keep providing updates.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:51 PM   #49
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgirl View Post
I just read this and noticed you will be in the world the same time I will be. I sincerely hope I run into you. I would just love to meet you all. You are a true inspiration (as are your girls and DH). I wish you the most magical vacation you could have. Try to order the photo pass CD before you leave. The photographer will put all your pictures on the card. Not sure if MAW will purchase that or you will have to. Again, please keep providing updates.
Thanks for the tip, I will order that. I am huge on pictures, we will probably end up with like 1,000 pictures! I'm planning on making a video montage with them. Where are you staying? That would be awsome to meet up with you.

Mommy to Jozlynn,8 HRHS,PAIVS,TS,PAS,PFO,ASD(heart defects) www.littlezippers.com

Old 09-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #50
Peace Mickey Lovers
Mouseketeer

Hi, Love reading your trip report , we are going to be down there the same time we are staying at AKL. I hope we see you and your family down there.

[DH: RIP 5/12/11:MEDDDD:stitch
Old 09-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #51
ccgirl
DIS Veteran

We are actually staying off site for this trip. It's our 10th anniversary and we are actually going down without the kids. I liked the photopass because we were able to get the entire family in the pictures. Usually one of us is not in the picture because we were the "photographer". You can also add some really great borders to the pictures once you get your CD. We made holiday cards with them. Post your schedule here when you have it and I'll have to keep an eye out for you if we are in the same park that day. So happy this is happening for your wonderful family.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #52
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

We got a package in the mail from The Big Give!

They LOVE them!! They were jumping all around, sooo excited to get these. I had a hard time getting them to hold still for a pic as you can see....

I was finally able to get them to sit still for a split second by bribing them with cookies

Very Cute, thank you so much!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #53
jham
DIS Veteran

The girls look so cute! I love their new bows!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 09-14-2009, 11:13 PM   #54
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

The bows are so cute! The girls just look adorable in them!

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Old 09-14-2009, 11:40 PM   #55
spongemommie05
DIS Veteran

Location: In a pineapple under the sea sipping on diet wild cherry pepsi with mystery

They are just adorable in their Bows How Fun...
Old 09-15-2009, 07:28 AM   #57
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Super cute bows...glad the presents have started to arrive!
Old 09-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #58
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

MORE BIG GIVE!!!!!

These are sooo cute!!

WOW!!! LOOK AT ALL THIS DISNEY STUFF!!!

Thank you!!!!

It feels like the wish had officially started!

We just got the itinerary for our flight. Our inlaws are going on a different flight than us.
We are going to arrive in Orlando at 5:30pm on Friday. I belive the princess/pirates party is 7:30-8:30pm that night. I don't know if we'll be able to make it, but I hope so.

Does anyone know how long the orientation is at GKTW? Maybe only one of us has to stay for that, it's probably similar to the orientation at the Ronald McDonald House.

Also, Derik made this with the kids. Every morning they pull one off. It's getting pretty short!

Old 09-16-2009, 02:46 PM   #59
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Glad the girls liked the books!!! There should be a MAW sticker on the front of Jozlyn's...it must have fallen off in the envelope. Sorry about that!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #60
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Love the bows, autograph books and other goodies! We have a countdown chain too that is getting shorter every day.

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: