Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 AM   #16
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmum View Post
Hello! Sounds like you have lots of exciting planning done already! we went on our son mark's Wish Trip in November and had a wonderful time. (Ahem...don't go looking for that Trip report, I'm embarrassed to admit that it isn't written yet!)

Our boys are twins, age 10, so our WDW is quite a bit different than yours. I will just provide one bit of input. I agree with Maroo that Cirque de Soleil is fabulous - we went during our first WDW family trip 2 years ago. It's definitely designed to be family friendly - shorter, faster paced etc. However, I did feel that at age 8 (their age at time of trip), the boys were really ready to appreciate it. I am sure that younger children can enjoy the show, but the tickets aren't cheap, and I think your children might be a wee bit young. Maybe others can give their advice - anyone have younger kids who have experienced Cirque?

We look forward to hearing more!

Alison
You are so right!!!

Alison is totally right here! And I am not even completely sure about Pirates? That might be a similar situation? You might enjoy just doing the Disney stuff more? Or even the GKTW parties...which are very much geared toward younger children.

In fact...Pirates is fairly dark...it is darker in there than I would have anticipated.

It will be interesting to see what you decide and how much you guys liked it!!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #17
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that Jozlynn has been back in the hospital for several days now. They transfered her to a different hospital about 3 days ago and they are getting ready to do an exploritory surgery in the AM. They're not sure what's going on yet. She is having extreme pain in her abdomen and is on morphene right now. They are leaning towards apendacidis(I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Also her white count doesn't look so good and her adnoids in her abdomen are swollen and abmormal, not sure what that means yet either.
I'll try to update soon.

Mommy to Jozlynn,8 HRHS,PAIVS,TS,PAS,PFO,ASD(heart defects) www.littlezippers.com
and Ariana,6 Heart Healthy!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 08:38 AM   #18
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somer View Post
Hi everyone, just thought I'd let you know that Jozlynn has been back in the hospital for several days now. They transfered her to a different hospital about 3 days ago and they are getting ready to do an exploritory surgery in the AM. They're not sure what's going on yet. She is having extreme pain in her abdomen and is on morphene right now. They are leaning towards apendacidis(I'm sure I spelled that wrong). Also her white count doesn't look so good and her adnoids in her abdomen are swollen and abmormal, not sure what that means yet either.
I'll try to update soon.
Aw man!! I am praying for you guys!!! Please keep us posted on Jozlynn! I certainly hope it is a simple appendicitis so that they can fix it fast and get her home!

Keep us posted!!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #19
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Somer:

Sending a quick prayer out your way. I hope that a resolution is found today.

~Elisa
Old 04-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
tbelfonti
Courage is not the lack of fear. It is acting in spite of it.

My prayers are with you and Jozlynn. I hope they discover the issue and it's minor.

Tricia & Arnie
Maddie Rose, born 7/29/00 & Olivia Ann, born 7/19/04

04/27/09 GKTW: Make A Wish trip
Our Wish Trip Report

Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #21
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

They were preping Jozlynn for emergency exploritory surgery in her abdomen and because of her heart condition they gave her antibiotics as a precaution. After that she started to stablize and they don't know exactly what it was, but they think it might have been some sort of infection that may have been caused by rotavisus. She'll probably be here for a few more days for monitoring because of the heart attack scare last week. She looks sooo much better, and her blood work is looking better and her blood pressure too. Yay!!

Mommy to Jozlynn,8 HRHS,PAIVS,TS,PAS,PFO,ASD(heart defects) www.littlezippers.com

Old 04-08-2009, 03:17 PM   #22
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

That's how I feel about hospital food, too, Jozlynn!

Glad to hear she is getting better. We like her Ariel band-aid.

I am also an October '09 vacationer. We are going 16th-23rd.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 04-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

I am glad that she didnt' have to have the surgery and is on the mend. Her expression cracks me up....I doubt there are many people out there who great their hospital tray enthusiastically though.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #24
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am so glad she is doing better!!!

Heart attack scare last week?!?!?!

I love your MAW princess thing in your siggie. Where can we get one of those?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #25
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

glad she is on the mend
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 PM   #26
Khalana
Mouseketeer

Hi Somer!
I just found your TR and I have to say I'm so honored to be mentioned.

Your story sure is a tear jerker... I feel your pain.

Jozlynn is such a sweetheart! And tough as nails.

I'm so sorry you had another heart/health scare again but I'm happy she seems to be doing better.

You guys SO deserve this trip, so don't feel bad about recieving money at ALL! Okay?

I look forward to reading all about your amazing adventures!!!!

A link to my TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post27875290
Old 05-22-2009, 08:54 AM   #27
NurseW2Kiddies
Mouseketeer

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! You have georgeous girls!!!! It sucks being in the hospital!! You just wanna go HOME!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #28
cajunfan
Welcome to the DIS where wishes really DO come true! :)

Just reading your trip report...hope everyone is better.

Lynn
Old 06-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #29
Somer
Make-a-Wish Princess

Hi everyone,
Thank you all for following our thread. We still have not gotten dates for our trip because they did not want to approve her for traveling until after her cardiologist appointment.

Well, we went yesterday to see him and things didn't look quite as good as we expected.
As for Jozlynn's progress, there has unfortunately been no growth at all in the right ventricle. Her pulmonary and tricuspid valves have become more leaky. The good news is that the pressure in the right ventricle is staying in the safe range. Although the valves are looking slightly worse, they are still getting enough blood flow through them at this time. As Dr. King put it, "she is somewhat stable." Therefore, they are not going to do any valve replacements right now.
On Monday however, on June 15, 2009, she will having another heart surgery. There is currently a lot of shunting between the left and right chambers. They are worried that if she gets any blood clots, because of her valves, the clots would travel through her heart and be shunted through the hole going directly into the brain. That would be a very bad thing. For that reason she is going to have that hole closed. The down side to closing the hole is that it will put more strain on her liver, which is already enlarged. It's like a catch 22; I guess the risk of possible brain damage outweighs the risk of possible liver failure.

Overall, the appointment went OK. He was obviously disappointed at the lack of progress, but mommy and daddy think that no progress is definitely better than a giant step backwards. So it looks like our plans are still on for Disney World in October, and we will get the dates after surgery as soon as she is cleared for traveling.

I can't wait to start doing some major planning for this trip, I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now. I will post some good news soon though, I promise!

Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #30
Matt1026
Mouseketeer

Please know that I am praying for your beautiful princess and your family!!!! I can not wait to see your pictures of her enjoying WDW come October.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: