Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2009, 12:02 AM   #1
cathie1327
Living in reality all the time is for people with no imagination!!!

12 days of food, fun, and in-laws!!!!

Hi everyone,
Okay so this is really my first trip report. So if you have any suggestions please let me know!

The PTR can be read here, to catch you up on all the preliminaries:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2149949

So, without much further ado, onward to day one!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #2
cathie1327

Day 1-9/11/09

So first, I have to start off by saying that we really weren't thinking about what the date was when we planned our trip. At all. And once we realized it, I was really worried that security at the airport would be a nightmare. But it was actually a peice of cake!

Our plane left Denver at 10:15, which would make it SEEM like we could take our time. You'd THINK, wouldn't ya?! lol. I woke up bright-eyed and busy-tailed at 6:30 this day, and still found myself rushing.

My dad took us in his pickup, as we figured that was the only to cart all four of us AND our luggage to the airport!

On the way to Denver International Airport:

Finally there!

Carlos being manly

Waiting for the plane.

Last year, we flew United, and I liked it, and really liked the fact that the first bag didn't cost anything. This year, we flew Frontier instead, which is based out of Denver. I have to say, that the baggage charges aside, I think I liked Frontier better. The service seemed to be better, and the seats were more comfortable

Yay, our plane is here!

The Frontier animal on our plane

Okay so at this point I have to interject and say that I LOVE to take pictures. And sometimes, I take pictures that seem really cool and artsy-fartsy (as Carlos likes to call it) at the time, but may not seem so much later. SO. Keep that in mind and bear with me.

Had to keep myself entertained on the airplane

(I think the plains of Colorado look so beautiful from the plane)

And finally...........................Orlando International Airport!

So excited to be here!

Getting on Magical Express

Waiting makes us goofy

The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #3
cathie1327

Day 1 9/11 cont.

Finally in our hotel!

I have to say that the service at the hotel was IMPECCABLE. The check-in was amazingly easy. And within 15 minutes of us showing up to our hotel room, so did our luggage! Thank you ME!

Carlos gets serious when he's taking pictures!

View from the balcony

After getting all settled in, we decided to go to Downtown Disney. Every year that we have been to Disney, we go to Rainforest Cafe the first night. It's become sort of a tradition. So, it was off to the Rainforest Cafe we went!

Along the way, we explored the hotel grounds a bit

We're there!

Our hats-as-souveniers-procedure. 1)Put on funny hat. 2)Take picture. 3)Put back without buying!

Dinner was good. This is the only meal we'll be paying for out-of-pocket the whole trip since we're here for free dining, so the high price doesn't get to us TOO much

Then off to explore my favorite store!

Next up: Day two-The Magic Kingdom!
Old 10-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Mojodisney
Mouseketeer

Did you share a room with ILs? Can't wait to hear how it went.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:11 AM   #5
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

cathie - love the pics and love putting a face to the name and ready for it....I always pictured Carlos as a dark hispanic man. Very dark hair and dark brown eyes and I about fell off my chair laughing at the true Carlos. I always pictured you blond and blue BTW so when you posted your birthday pics on our weight loss thread I couldn't believe it either!

I am signed on and ready baby!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Great start Cathie! Your photographs are wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
I always pictured you blond and blue BTW so when you posted your birthday pics on our weight loss thread I couldn't believe it either!

Dawn, I thought EXACTLY the same! In fact Cathie, I was convinced I'd seen a picture of you with blonde hair on your PTR so I went back and double-checked.....there was no picture of you with blonde hair! Just my over-active imagination I guess!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #7
cathie1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
cathie - love the pics and love putting a face to the name and ready for it....I always pictured Carlos as a dark hispanic man. Very dark hair and dark brown eyes and I about fell off my chair laughing at the true Carlos. I always pictured you blond and blue BTW so when you posted your birthday pics on our weight loss thread I couldn't believe it either!

Haha thanks! I hope I don't over-inundate anyone with pictures haha! It's so funny when I tell people that Carlos is of Mexican descent and then they see him....I've gotten "You lied, he's a white boy!" More than once. He's only half Mexican, but you can't really even see that! The blue eyes definitely don't help. Yes. Love my pale skinned, blue eyed Mexican boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
Great start Cathie! Your photographs are wonderful!

Dawn, I thought EXACTLY the same! In fact Cathie, I was convinced I'd seen a picture of you with blonde hair on your PTR so I went back and double-checked.....there was no picture of you with blonde hair! Just my over-active imagination I guess!

Okay guys well here's a secret. My hair's not really this dark. It's not quite blonde, but naturally it's somewhere in between blonde and brown. I did, however, have it died blonde for a while, so maybe you were just channeling the previous me in your brain? lol

Thanks for the comments ladies! Can't wait to post more
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
cathie1327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojodisney View Post
Did you share a room with ILs? Can't wait to hear how it went.
We didn't, thank goodness! I have to have my own space! We actually ended up getting a handicapped room with a king size bed for us, attached to a regular room with two doubles for them. Just having the rooms attached was a pain sometmies, I would hate being in the same room haha!!!! His mom was very adamant though, that we have connecting rooms. I think she was uncomfortable and afraid in a new place so she needed us near her so she didn't feel lost.

That was another thing, apparently the only king-sized bedrooms they have are the handicapped ones, but I really didn't mind! Instead of a normal bathtbub it was a stand-in shower which was really nice. I felt like I had plent of shower room. Plus, the bed was lower to the ground, which was good for me because I am short and have been known to fall off the bed a time or two

Last edited by cathie1327; 10-22-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #9
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm in! I often say trip reports and pictures are what keep me sane until my next Disney vacation. Thanks for your contribution to my sanity!

I am a picture taking fool too and I like to take "artsy fartsy" pictures.....lots of 'em. My husband and kids just shake their head at me because I hardly put my camera away.

You got some awesome pictures of the resort!

Looking forward to reading all about your Disney adventures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Cathie - a good friend married a man whose mom was from Mexico. He has dark hair and eyes and there three kids - all blond and blue!

I kept thinking what are the cahnces that the more dominant traits would be missed 3 times? !

She always says my kids should be hers and vice versa. Treyner looks hispanic and loves it when he gets so tan!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: