Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #46
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Great pics! That's so awesome you got one of the hippo out of the water. I've never seen them out!

I love the Nemo musical too, so much so that I have the soundtrack!

Hope you had a great weekend!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #47
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oooh the Nemo show! I always get the songs in my head for the rest of the day after watching it!

I love the idea of getting different food from different countries at Epcot to eat, so I think we're definitely going to try that this year...if I can let go of Sunshine Seasons. So we'll see.
You should try to eat around the world! But SS is SO good, I hear ya on that one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Hey girl!!

I am joining in finally!!!
yayy thanks for coming over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Great pics! That's so awesome you got one of the hippo out of the water. I've never seen them out!

I love the Nemo musical too, so much so that I have the soundtrack!

Hope you had a great weekend!
Thanks, I was so excited to get such good pics of the animals! oooh I want the soundtrack to Nemo now too.

Thanks, hope you had a good weekend too!

Next installment coming right up!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #48
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Monday February 23, 2009

We got up this morning around 8:30, and as usual we got ready and went on a bike ride! We did our usual route, over to Wilderness Lodge....we love this trail!

DH in front...

across to WL...

so pretty...

We rode back over to the campground, and went down past Trail's End and towards where River Country used to be. In my Oct. TR I took a bunch of pictures back there where you could see what all the pools and slides look like now. I like going back there and seeing what it used to be. It's sad, but still cool to see.

After that we just rode all over the campground more. We passed this site again, near the store near the boat dock...

it was SO cool.

We went down near the Meadows and the pool, which was closed. They are re-doing it, and adding a slide. They had fencing up around it but we climbed up on some tables in the food/arcade area bc I'm nosy and wanted to see!

After that we headed back to the camper. My parents were getting ready to leave, they headed to Epcot and just told us to call them when we got there. We got our stuff and headed to the shower house and got ourselves ready. We got some breakfast/lunch before we left, don't remember what we had though. DH took this picture of the animals while he waited on me to finish getting ready...

We had to wait FOREVER for a bus. First at our loop and then again for an Epcot bus at the front. This trip was the first time we had to wait a long time for busses at Fort Wilderness. I took a picture while we waited...

But eventually we got there! Pictures on the way in...( I have some Photopass pictures but they're saved on the other computer and I'm too lazy to go add them right now)

I wore my monorail shirt we got on our anniversary trip, I LOVE it. Unfortunately I got paint on it while we were moving, so I'll be buying a new one, but its one of my fave shirts now!

I love taking pictures of the ball!

When we got in we decided to walk over to The Land to get FPs for Soarin for DH, and then I'd call my parents to see where they were.

When I called, she said they'd just walked out of The Land, so we had just missed them! We ran outside to meet them.

We headed back towards World Showcase. We stopped first at Canada, and decided to go see O Canada. I love all the pretty flowers here!

The movie was good as always, I love all the scenery and always want to visit there after seeing it!

After that we walked around in the stores, and spent some time in the ones in UK. DH and I were looking for something to get for his mom, because she was taking care of Oreo kitty while we were gone. I found a cute Alice in Wonderland teapot and some tea in there, but we decided to keep looking for awhile.

We headed over to France, and DH was excited to see the guys out front again that we saw in Dec., I don't know the name of them but its the guy who stacks the chairs and climbs up.

We stood there and watched for awhile, and then headed to Japan. I LOVE Japan. I could walk around there for hours.

We spent time in the big store, I could spend sooo much money there. I love Hello Kitty so I always have to look around alot there. We also looked around in the candy section for awhile, DH wanted to get something. We decided to try the Poki, we'd always heard it was good. We got a small box of almond covered, and then a bigger box of plain. It was yummy! We ate on it for the rest of the week, we both loved it, and I can't wait to get some more next time!

When we went outside these guys were finishing up...

We watched them until they were done, and then saw that this lady was coming out!

I had never seen her before so I was really excited! It was really interesting and cool to watch her! She made an elephant, a giraffe...and something else I can't remember!

By this time we were all getting hungry, and our ADR in Germany was in about 30 minutes so we decided to just head on over there and check in!

Next up-our meal in Japan and an evening in DH's favorite park!!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #49
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Great update!

I have that monorail shirt too!!! LOVE it!!! I could spend hours in the Japan store too. That's my favorite pavilion by far.

Can't wait to hear how you liked your German dinner!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #50
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Haha, sis has that monorail shirt too! She saw it one of our last days of the trip in one of the shops on Main Street and had to have it.

You made me tired thinking of all that bike riding you did! But wow, great scenery!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #51
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the update!!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #52
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Great update!

I have that monorail shirt too!!! LOVE it!!! I could spend hours in the Japan store too. That's my favorite pavilion by far.

Can't wait to hear how you liked your German dinner!
Thanks! and heck yeah on the monorail shirt, I seriously am going to have to buy another one, I've worn the heck out of it! I will have another update w/Germany soon-have you ever eaten there before? Or any other German place? Just wondering since you'll be going there soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Haha, sis has that monorail shirt too! She saw it one of our last days of the trip in one of the shops on Main Street and had to have it.

You made me tired thinking of all that bike riding you did! But wow, great scenery!
thats funny, I was kind of the same way, I just needed to have the shirt!

The bike riding was so fun, we love to bike, and are so excited to live in a neighborhood now where we can, it really is SO fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
Thanks for the update!!!!!
Thanks for reading!!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #53
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I should have the next TR update done soon, but I had to interrupt this TR to show off some more house pictures!! I'm so proud at how quickly we got everything moved in and unpacked, I had to share! We had SO much help, we got completely (well, almost) moved in one day! And I had most everything unpacked within three or four days I think, I worked like a madwoman! DH was off today so he finished moving the rest of our junk from our apartment, stuff out of the attic, curtains, etc., and finished cleaning up some so we are officially out of that place! I have a few things I haven't decided where to hang on the wall, etc but for the most part we are HOME! So anyway, I took a ton of pictures the other day when it was sunny...we've had so much rain here lately. So I thought I'd share some with you guys! Esp you ladies, I know how much we all love decorating pictures!! So here you go!

Welcome...

in the front door..

and then looking back at the door...

living room

Oreo kitty loving the windows!

deck-we are still working on this!

into the kitchen/dining area

I love my 70s wall/entryway!

kitchen

my table!! Don't you love the Disney??

laundry room door

hallway to bedrooms, off living room

our bedroom! I think its my favorite

our bathroom is small but I love it. The tub is super deep and huge, its behind the door

cont...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #54
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

office/Disney room

guest bedroom

and the guest bath

back down the hall

and some more of Oreo, just because she's cute, and since yall sent such good wishes when she was sick!

you can see her pitiful little shaved leg..

and just for fun-on Saturday afternoon, we came home and it had been raining ALL day, we'd just been stressed w/some things and when we pulled in the driveway we saw TWO rainbows. I mean, BEAUTIFUL rainbows! It was insane. So I had to take pictures...

Old 04-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #55
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oh Hill! I LOVE your house! It's just the right size.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #56
jess98ac
DIS Veteran

Your house looks great, we have very similar tastes!!! Your master bath looks awesome, I love the bookcase thing in the corner!!

1986-1996 4 trips all offsite; 1997 All Star Sports; 1999 offsite again; 2001 Disneyland CA; 2002 one day at Epcot; 2003 Westgage Vacation Villas; 2005 offsite (last hooorah has a bachelorette!);2006 Pop Century; 2007 POR; 2009 OKW; 2011 Westgate Vacation Villages; 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort; 2015 WBC
Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #57
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

The house looks great! I love all the wrought iron looking pieces you have hanging up- very cool! And aww Oreo's poor little shaved paw!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 04-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #58
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I love your house... and the green wall color--- so pretty!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #59
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I haven't read all the way thru yet, but I am loving it

Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #60
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

Your house looks great!!! Congratulations and can't wait for the next update!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: