Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

The house is really nice! Love the pics. I think that gold color will go beautifully with red stuff int he kitchen!

I'm so sorry about your kitty! I can def relate. I have had my cat, Bale, for 15 years and he got really sick about a year ago, for the first time ever. I always know when hes not feeling well. it was so bad I thought i'd loose him. To make matters worse we were about to go on vacation the day after he got sick! Luckily he only needed antibiotics and we had friends who came and fed him the meds, and he was just fine and still is fine today! I'm sure you will feel much better when you get Oreo home and cuddling up with you!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #32
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
The house is really nice! Love the pics. I think that gold color will go beautifully with red stuff int he kitchen!

I'm so sorry about your kitty! I can def relate. I have had my cat, Bale, for 15 years and he got really sick about a year ago, for the first time ever. I always know when hes not feeling well. it was so bad I thought i'd loose him. To make matters worse we were about to go on vacation the day after he got sick! Luckily he only needed antibiotics and we had friends who came and fed him the meds, and he was just fine and still is fine today! I'm sure you will feel much better when you get Oreo home and cuddling up with you!
Thank you! That makes me feel better, knowing your kitty is ok! And I know exactly what you mean-this is the first time she's really ever gotten sick, and I KNOW when she isn't right.

I just got home with her, and she is fine I think! She's been roaming around, sitting in all the windows, her favorite pasttime! I'm feeling guilty, because I know that something stressful like moving can add to stuff like this, but she doesn't seem too stressed, just very curious! I just have to make sure she eats and drinks alot today, and keep an eye on things. But she's back to her normal self so I think she's going to be ok!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #33
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Love the new house! I think you did a great job with the painting too. I agree...the gold is beautiful!

Sending lots of good vibes your way for Oreo. I know its so hard when your pet is sick and its no consolation even when their older and you know that those things can happen. I'll hope for a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted on the house and your trip of course (and Oreo). Love hearing about it all!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:46 PM   #34
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

That gold looks so good!
Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
samiet620
Mouseketeer

I just got on board and had to read it all...loving it so far. MORE PLEASE!!! I know hold my horses but so far its great. Thell DH to get that cord pronto you have followers to please
I Love Your House! The gold looks way better than the orange, great choice.
Well I'll be waiting...impatiently just kidding!
Hey is Oreo doing better? I hate it when my pet gets sick so I so understand your worry.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #36
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

The house looks great!!! Congratulations!!! Glad your kitty is okay..I had a cat named Oreo once before too, he was an outdoor cat and hunted everything!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #37
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

So how's Oreo adjusting to the house?

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #38
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Love the new house! I think you did a great job with the painting too. I agree...the gold is beautiful!

Sending lots of good vibes your way for Oreo. I know its so hard when your pet is sick and its no consolation even when their older and you know that those things can happen. I'll hope for a speedy recovery.

Keep us posted on the house and your trip of course (and Oreo). Love hearing about it all!
Thank you! I love the colors, I have to admit. I was SO TIRED of all the white walls in our apartment, there isn't a single room here that isn't a color. I love it.

Thanks for the well wishes!! She seems to be doing much better today! Still taking her medicine, and in a much better mood!! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
That gold looks so good!
thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiet620 View Post
I just got on board and had to read it all...loving it so far. MORE PLEASE!!! I know hold my horses but so far its great. Thell DH to get that cord pronto you have followers to please
I Love Your House! The gold looks way better than the orange, great choice.
Well I'll be waiting...impatiently just kidding!
Hey is Oreo doing better? I hate it when my pet gets sick so I so understand your worry.
thanks!!! And he found the cord to my old laptop and its working great now, so I've already gotten new pics uploaded!!

She is doing better, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
The house looks great!!! Congratulations!!! Glad your kitty is okay..I had a cat named Oreo once before too, he was an outdoor cat and hunted everything!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!!
Thank you! My Oreo is only indoors, but she likes to think she can hunt, lol. Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
So how's Oreo adjusting to the house?
She is doing good, thanks!! She is sitting right up beside me on the arm of the couch as I type this!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes everyone!! Oreo seems to be much better. I'm having to give her antibiotics twice a day, and she isn't a fan of it at all! DH had to help me last night hold her down to get it in her mouth! She seems to be in a better mood today, she's been laying in the middle of the living room enjoying all the big windows in the house, she looooves the big sliding glass doors here! I'm trying to get her to eat more, the dr said thats really important so I've been trying all kinds of stuff to see if she'll eat! I'm glad she made it through this and is ok. Thanks again, so much for all the prayers and good thoughts!!!

I'm planning on getting the next TR installment up tonight! So look for it after while! Thanks for reading!

Old 03-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #39
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Hey girl I'm so glad that Oreo is doing better! I remember seeing pictures of her in your Disneymoon TR. So cute!

I love the house too! Very cute. The gold looks really nice and I love that green color in the hallway.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:35 PM   #40
hill6
DIS Veteran

PUt the antibiotic in some butter you can put it in her mouth and then rub under her chin. There is a reflex that makes them swallow.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
Old 03-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #41
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Sunday February 22, 2009

Our first full day in Disney!!!

We were not in a big hurry when we got up, we had the WHOLE WEEK! ahead of us, and just wanted to hang out and enjoy ourselves at our "home". DH and I both woke up around 9 or so, got dressed and headed out on our bikes. That is one of our favorite things to do at Ft. Wilderness, get up in the morning and take long bike rides. We love to bike anyway, but especially there.

I dont have alot of notes, so I'm not sure exactly where we rode to, but usually we went around most of the campground, down near the pool/Meadow area, and most of the time we would take the path over to Wilderness Lodge. And I obviously didn't take my camera because I have no pictures from this morning. sorry. I don't have many at all from the very beginning of the trip, but I did get better, promise.

Anyway, we came back to the camper and showered and got cleaned up, and then we all fixed some lunch before we left for the day. Super mom had gotten stuff together before we left, and she had made some chicken mix that she just had to defrost and heat up. We had chicken quesadillas and salad, and ate outside at the picnic table. so nice.

We decided to go to Animal Kingdom for the day, since according to TGM it was the least crowded, other than Epcot, and we would be there the next day for our ADR, so AK it was! I was kinda sad-some of my friends I've met here over on the W&HM board I knew were at Magic Kingdom for the day. It was one of their bdays that day, and I had really wanted to see them! boo.

Anyway, we left the campground around 1, headed to Animal Kingdom! I took this picture as we waited for a bus....

The first thing I wanted to do was try to get FP's for Everest, bc I knew DH would want to ride, and I figured my dad would too, so DH wouldn't be stuck alone again. Well the line was crazy, and I think FP's were gone, and my dad didn't feel like riding. DH was going to get in the single rider line, but then didn't-I dont remember now why not. Maybe it was just really long. I felt bad that he didn't get to ride it, but he insisted he didn't care.

We saw that a Nemo show was starting soon, so we decided to go wait for that, since we were so close and my mom and I love it. We got in the line area, they weren't letting people in yet. We stood and waited for a little bit, and then my dad was wanting a drink, so DH and I said we'd go get it and I needed to run to the restroom anyway. We went down to Dinoland, used the rr and then got in line at a cart for a diet coke. It was the line that NEVER MOVED. The guy working seemed like he didn't know what he was doing, or something, I dont know. Oh my gosh it was ridiculous. My mom called, and asked if we were almost done, that the line was moving. I assumed that they could just save 2 seats for us and we'd be ok. wrong. By the time we got back up there, we found out you have to have your whole party together. I said they should have just gone in, and we'd sit separately. Oh well. We went in and all the seats that they were letting anyone use were way up, all the way at the far end of the theater. not fun. Luckily, about 10 minutes later they opened up the far right front seats, and alot of people moved, so we got to move down into the first row of that top section, and more towards the middle. I of course took a few pictures...

The show was awesome, I can't believe we missed it for so long! It's one of my favorites now!

After Nemo we headed towards the Safari. The parade was getting ready to start, so we had to make our way through the obstacles of people standing waiting, and then by the time we got back to Africa and Harambe, the parade was coming the other way and we had to squeeze through to get to the line. It worked out great though because there was NO LINE! We walked right on, I love that. Our driver was awesome too...we've gotten some pretty boring drivers who you can tell are obviously bored themselves, and its just not great. But this guy was hilarious, you could tell he was entertaining himself and just saying random stuff, we were all dying. SO funny. And I got the chance to play with my camera, and I'm so proud of some of the pictures I got! It zooms in SO good, my old one could never do this good!....

After the Safari we decided to go on to Rafiki's Planet Watch...I really just like the train ride, to be honest. But the parade was still going on, and we just wanted to avoid the chaos. We rode the train, and then got off and walked around the Conservation Station for a little bit. We were intrigued by the hospital section back there, we saw the video playing on a screen, and were fascinated by the huge gorilla they had on there, laid out on the table in surgery. We were just talking about how crazy that would be to see. We saw that they do the surgeries and stuff in the mornings, and discussed coming back to see something like that one day. It was also getting closer to closing time so we knew we were missing a good bit, so we wanted to try to come back again anyway.

We got on a train back to the front, and by the time we got back we knew we needed to start heading out, esp if we wanted to beat the rush out, bc the park was going to be closing in about an hour. We had talked about going to DTD for awhile, and getting dinner out there, but my parents really didn't want to...since we'd gotten a late start in the parks they wanted to go to another park! This was shocking to DH and I....before we'd left for the trip, my mom had said how they wanted to spend more time just relaxing around the campground and doing other stuff, and didn't want to spend all the time in the parks like normal. That was cool with us, we'd just been in December, and we weren't in a rush to get there. And then it ended up being my parents who were all about the parks, after all. funny.

Anyway, we decided to go to Epcot! We walked through some stores on the way out, my mom loves all the gift shops at AK. We talked about where we might go to dinner at Epcot, I mentioned how cool the Mexican place is, but how overpriced and it doesnt get reviews, plus we prob couldn't get in anyway. Mom thought it was a good idea though and said we should check it out. We didn't have to wait long for a bus, and were on our way to Epcot!

We got there, and decided to head on back towards the countries and see what we could find. As we were walking towards World Showcase, I heard someone call my name. It was Lindsay! The birthday girl! I was so excited to see her, after talking to her pretty much everyday online, it was so cool to meet her and her DF Chris. They are getting married NEXT MONTH at the Wedding Pavilion at Disney! I'm so excited for her! It was her bday and they had spent the day at Disney and met up with some our other girls, but they had all left already. We talked for a few minutes, and I could kick myself now for not getting a picture, but I just didn't think about it! They were headed home so we said our goodbyes, and were on our way!

We went into Mexico, found out it wouldn't be a long wait, so my parents decided to just sit down for a little bit and DH and I went on the boat ride to waste some time. Then I took a few pictures, I just think its so pretty in there...

By the time that was over, our pager thing went off a few minutes later. We went to our table, and looked at our menus. I knew DH wouldn't want anything on there. Would we have been smarter to have looked at the menu first? yes. But we didn't. lol. We all kinda looked at each other, and were like, do we REALLY want to eat here? For these prices? So we left. haha. We really felt bad, and we never do stuff like that but I think we were all just tired or something. My mom and I took off, and left DH and my dad to tell the waitress we needed to go. crazy.

So, we decided to just get CS food, its good stuff anyway. DH wanted Mexican, he'd loved the CS place in December. My parents headed towards Norway, my mom was dying to try a schoolbread. I figured I'd just get Chinese, thats what my parents were planning on getting too. DH got the Mexican combo platter, it looked really good. We got to China, and DH sat at a table outside while I went in to get my Orange Chicken. Yum. My parents showed up w/a schoolbread, and then they both got their food...I think my dad had the eggroll and rice and my mom had vegetables and rice I think. We all tried a bit of the schoolbread afterwards...it was ok, not what I expected though? It was all so good though, and we knew that we made a good choice, not eating in Mexico. Much better food, and much cheaper price!

We really weren't interested in staying for the fireworks, and we were al beginning to get tired, so we decided to head out. So basically we just went to Epcot to eat! We did walk around in MouseGears for awhile on the way out, and had to ride Spaceship Earth. DH of course had to have fun with the pictures...

We headed out of the park and to the bus for the Fort. It doesnt sound like a long, tiring day, but we were tired, and we were pretty quick to get showers and get ready for bed. I did love opening up the windows in our room at night and listening to the music playing, esp because we could hear the Electrical Water Parade music so well!

We got ready for bed, and went to sleep with excitement for our next big day at Disney!

Old 03-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #42
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
Your right! You got fabulous photos of the animals! I especially love this one. Sounds really cool to fall asleep to the EWP music too.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #43
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KeepMovingForward* View Post
Your right! You got fabulous photos of the animals! I especially love this one. Sounds really cool to fall asleep to the EWP music too.
Thanks! I love that one too...I was so excited to see that I could zoom in so good on the animals, the new camera was worth it just for that!!!

That is one of the best things about the campground, we love it at night for many reasons but we loved being able to hear the music before we went to sleep!

Thanks for reading!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #44
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oooh the Nemo show! I always get the songs in my head for the rest of the day after watching it!

I love the idea of getting different food from different countries at Epcot to eat, so I think we're definitely going to try that this year...if I can let go of Sunshine Seasons. So we'll see.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Hey girl!!

I am joining in finally!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: