Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #16
MickeyLover20
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #17
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

as long as you are posting house pics too then I can wait for the tr.

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #18
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Glad the closing went well! Sunday will be here before you know it. Congratulations new home owner!
Thanks Cheryl!! I'm so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
Congratulations!!!!! Have fun with moving into your new home!!!!!
aww thanks!!! I will, I can't wait to share pictures too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyLover20 View Post
Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!
Thanks for reading, and being patient! I'm HOPING to get the first installment up later today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
as long as you are posting house pics too then I can wait for the tr.
lol, thanks! I DO plan on posting pictures as well, but thanks for being patient!!!

Thanks everyone for sticking around and not giving up on me!!! I keep having plans to re-do the first installment but time gets away from me! My plan is to do it tonight, I don't have class tonight but we are meeting with my MIL for dinner, and I have a list of stuff to do, BUT, I think I can do it. Otherwise it will be another week since this weekend will be CRAZY! So look for it tonight, I'm going to try really really hard! I really appreciate all the good wishes and the patience!!! I will post some pictures hopefully next week too, after we start moving in! Thanks again!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey Hill! I'm here!
Old 03-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #20
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Saturday February 21, 2009

We had talked about leaving the night before, Friday, after work and driving halfway with my parents, and staying overnight in Jacksonville. But it had been a crazy week, and we were tired, and just decided to get some rest Friday night and get up early Saturday like we normally do and drive all the way. I had set my alarm early, and like 5 am. And I slept right through it! We BOTH did. It was about 6 when I woke up, no big deal...we obviously needed the sleep!

We got ready, and loaded the car, and had to run by our management building to drop off our rent before we left.

I had to take these pics before we pulled out...my Minnie antenna topper, DH ONLY lets me put it on his car when we go to Disney!

Finally around 7:30 we hit the road! We had lots to talk about, with the whole house thing, so the drive went pretty quickly. We didn't stop until we got to where we get on I-95, we just stopped at our "normal" station to run in and use the bathroom, and get a snack. Side note here-until here, where we get on 95, it is the exact same route we use to go to the beach every summer. We go to Beaufort, SC, which is near Hilton Head...and its the same way, through SC. So we always talk about how it feels weird going to Disney this way, bc its how we used to just go to the beach. And we stop at this same station pretty much every time. Random. yes.

Anyway, after we stopped there and got on 95 the trip goes quicker on the highway. Until we get to south Georgia, from Savannah to Jacksonville is the WORST part. SO boring. We stopped right before we got to Jacksonville for a bathroom break again, and to get some lunch before we got to Disney and everything costs an arm and a leg! I think I slept a little bit in there afterwards, and finally we were getting close! The trip always gets faster once we get closer to Daytona, and I was READY. We made one more stop somewhere near Lake Mary. Eventually we were getting closer, and saw this!...

yay!! Everytime, when we first get there, and go under that sign, DH has to say "Where Dreeeeams, coooooome, truuuuuue", in this silly singsong voice-basically making fun of me. He does the same thing for "Wishes". whatever. I don't care.

We followed the signs to the MK and to Fort Wilderness. We saw this sign and we were home!!!

My mom had called and told us what site they were on, they beat us by a few hours since they had driven from Jacksonville that morning. We got to their site, on the same loop we had stayed on in October when we were there (link to that TR in my siggie!) I was VERY excited to see this....

The Mickey lamp post DH built for them, for Christmas this year. It was our first trip we got to use it!

They needed to go on a Walmart run, and we didn't really have any plans for the day, so we just hung out for a little bit. I got to play with my new camera some...

I took this to show how close we were to the bus stop! You can't really see it, but the stop was right at the end of that road, to the left. It was awesome being that close, and we were really close to the bathroom/showerhouse too. We were on a corner type site so it was just a really nice spot.

We brought all of our stuff in out of our car and hung out clothes and put things away in our "room". I love having our own separate room in their camper, we each have a small closet, and a drawer apiece. And there is a door that we can close so its not like in their old camper, sleeping on a pull-out couch in the middle of the kitchen! It's so nice.

Anyway, we got ready and left for Walmart. We got turned around somehow, using the Garmin, but we found our way eventually. I was excited to see all the Disney merchandise there! They had TONS of stuff, and alot of it was really cute and very similiar to what you get on-site. I had wanted to find some baby stuff, one of my best friends is having a baby girl in June and I am throwing her a baby shower soon. So I found a little purple onesie for her, was VERY excited that it was so much cheaper there! My mom found a few things, and we just walked around looking at everything for a little bit. They needed some other stuff too, mostly groceries though for the week. It was kinda weird, being in Walmart while in Disney...you almost forget where you are in there! We go to Walmart so much at home, its just weird. anyway.

We finally finished up and left. We found our way back to Disney much easier this time. When we got back to the campground we put everything away and they got the grill going, and we got stuff together to cook dinner. We grilled steaks out, YUM, and had salad and something else. Pototoes maybe?

After we ate we cleaned up, and then decided to ride our bikes around for awhile. We rode down to the Meadow, where they have the campfire sing-a-long and movie every night.

Another side story here-my parents always talk about our first trip here, when I was about 4 and my brother was a baby. We stayed on a campsite near the Meadow, and every night while my mom was putting my brother down to sleep, my dad and I would walk over so I could watch the movie. aww.

We haven't been over there though in years, I really don't even remember going. It was neat though-they had two big fires going, and you can buy stuff to make smores and I think hot dogs. There are a bunch of long benches towards the front, and then a few big bleachers in the back. We found a seat, and waited for the sing-a-long to start. It was cute, a guy came out and sang and then Chip and Dale joined him, the kids loved it of course. Then after a few songs Chip and Dale walk around, and actually come to you, to meet the kids. And I guess the movie starts after that. On Fridays and Saturdays they show 2 movies-and that night I forget the first one, but we weren't interested, and then the second was High School Musical. DH was DEFINITELY not interested. That's a joke in our family too-the first trip he went on to Disney, they were doing the first HSM show thing at MGM, and everytime we walked through it was going on, and DH HATED it. anyway.

some pictures...

The campfire is an awesome idea for families with young kids, they seemed to love it. We were getting bored though, so we got back on our bikes and rode around the campground for awhile. That is one of our favorite things to do there, and why we love it so much. I just love riding through all the loops, and seeing all the families hanging out, grilling outside, the kids running around, its just so homey and laid back. Love it.

We stopped off in the Meadows Trading Post to look around, they always have cool stuff in there. We also made our way back to the Settlement Trading Post too, back near the Hoop Dee Doo...there was this AWESOME campsite back there...there were TONS of LA/TX/AL people there for Mardi Gras, and these people were completely decked out. I have a few pictures from another day I will share. It was just so cool.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

We headed back to the campsite, and DH and I decided to go down to the beach to watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Parade. We got some hot chocolate and our sweatshirts, and I brought a blanket with me because it was getting pretty cold. We rode our bikes down there....don't ask me how, with all that stuff! There weren't any empty chairs left, but there was a picnic table, so we just sat on top of that. Self pic, while we waited. I look like CRAP, so please disregard.

Wishes started pretty soon and I loved it. I love that they pipe the music in there. so cool. I couldn't get any really good pics....we hadn't quite figured the settings out yet. But here is a few...

After the fireworks, alot of people started leaving, so we got some empty chairs and laid down. The water parade was about 30 minutes later. DH just loves it, it was the first "Disney" thing he saw on his first trip, and just thought it was the coolest thing. I know alot of people think its lame and outdated, but its a nostalgic thing for me, I remember seeing it as a kid and I will always love it.

After all that we headed back, we were exhausted and ready for some sleep! When we got back, there was THIS guy, hanging around outside!!!!

I was that close to him, he didn't even care. He was not scared at all, just sniffing around, hanging out. We opened to door to tell my parents, my dad came out with a broom to chase him off! haha. We ended up seeing quite a few of these guys over the week!!

Then I had to take a picture of our light, all lit up!!

We got showers, and hung out for a little bit before we crashed in the bed.

Up next-our first Disney Day!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:09 AM   #22
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Great update girl! I love the light your hubby made! He did a great job.

That picture of the armadillo totally shocked me. Call me crazy but I didn't know FL had them. I've never seen one before besides in pictures...I'll have to be on the look out on my next trip.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #23
tinkgurl

Great update! I've never stayed at FW before so it's great to see what it's like!

OMG that armadillo scared me!
Old 03-13-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
lindseynleah
Mouseketeer

Thanks for posting!! Great start...can't wait to read more!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #25
Epcot luvr
Mouseketeer

Hi, I followed along with your last trip report, I am so happy you got to go back so soon. I appreciate you taking the time to share this trip, I probably would never have had a chance to see this side of a Disney stay. It looks like so much fun and the feel is very different at the camp grounds, more intimate. Great news on buying your first home. Now all of you wonderful Disney Christmas decorations have a permanent home! I'll be following al ng.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #26
MickeyLover20
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you had a great time! I'm so jealous, I wish I could go to Disney a quarter of the times you have been there in the past year. I read your other TR and they were great. I miss Disney so much, but your TR's are help me feel like I am at Disney. Thanks I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #27
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Great update girl! I love the light your hubby made! He did a great job.

That picture of the armadillo totally shocked me. Call me crazy but I didn't know FL had them. I've never seen one before besides in pictures...I'll have to be on the look out on my next trip.
lol, those armadillo are EVERYWHERE. We've seen them before, but not as much as we did this trip. At night they were all over the campground. They freaked me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Great update! I've never stayed at FW before so it's great to see what it's like!

OMG that armadillo scared me!
lol it scared me too! Thanks for reading-you'll have to check out FW sometime!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseynleah View Post
Thanks for posting!! Great start...can't wait to read more!!!!
Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot luvr View Post
Hi, I followed along with your last trip report, I am so happy you got to go back so soon. I appreciate you taking the time to share this trip, I probably would never have had a chance to see this side of a Disney stay. It looks like so much fun and the feel is very different at the camp grounds, more intimate. Great news on buying your first home. Now all of you wonderful Disney Christmas decorations have a permanent home! I'll be following al ng.
Thanks for joining in!! You are right about the campground, that is why we love it so much!!

Thank you! I'm so excited to move IN, and post some pictures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyLover20 View Post
It sounds like you had a great time! I'm so jealous, I wish I could go to Disney a quarter of the times you have been there in the past year. I read your other TR and they were great. I miss Disney so much, but your TR's are help me feel like I am at Disney. Thanks I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

We had a great time-and I'm beginning to get sad, we have been alot this year but I know that will change after our passes expire. We may not be back much next year, so I'm enjoying it while I can!! I'm glad you enjoy reading, that makes writing these TRs so much fun!!!!

Thanks for sticking with me everyone!!!! We finally got into our house Sunday morning, but it RAINED all day Sunday, and then Monday DH and I had the day off, and it kept on raining. Until yesterday morning of course! ugh. But we didn't plan on moving in anyway, we just wanted to get more done than we were able to. But I did get almost all the painting done I wanted to, I will finish on Friday. And then we will completely move in Saturday, and be able to stay there and call it home!! We've been over there every day this week, doing little things...we got a new fridge, and my dad and DH are putting some new flooring down, etc. I'm SO READY for Saturday to get here! It will be overwhelming and TIRING, but I'm ready to get it over with! I have taken a few pictures and will add those here soon!

On the TR front, something is wrong with my laptop cord, so DH has to find me a new one...and all my pictures are on there, and I haven't uploaded any more of them to photobucket, so no update yet. I can't upload them until I get a new cord and can charge my laptop obviously, but hopefully he will do that soon. I haven't really had time anyway, but DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!!! I WILL finish this TR sooner or later!

Thanks again for reading!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:58 AM   #28
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

We'll be here when u are ready! Congrats on almost moving into your new house- so exciting! can't wait to see pics!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #29
tinkgurl

You know I won't go anywhere Hill!
Old 03-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #30
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
We'll be here when u are ready! Congrats on almost moving into your new house- so exciting! can't wait to see pics!
Thanks! Pictures coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
You know I won't go anywhere Hill!
aww thanks!

Hi guys!
Thanks again, for everyone being so patient! It has been a CRAZY weekend. We did get moved Saturday, we have a few things left at our apartment to go back and get but we're almost completely moved in. I still have lots of boxes, unpacking, and organizing to do, but we had alot of help, which was awesome so we got alot done! I dont have new pics yet, but I do have a few to show!

We did have a rough day yesterday. My cat, Oreo, is about 15 years old, I've had her since I was 12, in 6th grade. She peed on our comforter a few times last week, and then Saturday morning I was taking her to my parents' house while we moved, and she peed in my lap. She has randomly peed on stuff like that since she was a baby, but NEVER on me like that. So that scared me. Saturday night we brought her home and she was fine, she was exploring all night, and then yesterday morning she was fine. Yesterday afternoon she started going back and forth to her litter box every few minutes, trying to go. And I could just tell she didn't feel good. So I freaked out and my mom took us to the animal hospital to get checked out. I have never been so upset I dont think. We were scared it was something more serious, but they took blood and said it was pancreatitis. But then this morning they finally got a urine sample and said she definitely has a urinary tract infection, which is what we originally thought. They kept her overnight to give her lots of fluids bc she was so dehydrated, and started her on an antibiotic. She should be fine, but I have been SO stressed and worried about her. I know she's old and the reality of that. Its hard though. She's my baby, and I can't think about all that. But they said she should be ok and ready to come home late this afternoon. ugh. So lots going on here. So say a prayer for my baby if you think about it!

Anyway....I have my pics uploaded for the next TR installment, just haven't had time to sit down and write it yet. So look for that soon.

Here are just a few pictures I took last week, haven't had time to take new ones of the house yet! Thanks again for reading everyone!!! I WILL finish this TR!

The outside...

Our fireplace, I looove it. The house was built in the 70s so I love alot of the older/unique aspects of it!

Down the hallway. Most of the house is painted green...the previous owner had recently painted it and green is one of my favorite colors so I just left it!

This is one of the places I painted. This kitchen wall was orange, which was really pretty, but not my style so much, and I have alot of red in the kitchen so it didn't really go...

before..

and after!

I looove that gold color!

Welcome to our home! I will post more pictures soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: