Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

The 2nd Annual "Mom Needs To Getaway" Trip: Oct. 7-12

I have never done a trip report, much less a pretrip report, but after reading a few I thought I would give it a shot. Plus, there has to be "someone" I can share my excitement with, since DH & DS could care less and DD doesn't know I am taking her back again!

So here goes:

*Who is in your party : Myself (aka Mom) and DD (age 12). I'm a SAHM, though I feel like I run a taxi business. I am always taking DD to dance classes. DD is my competitive dancer. She is either at school or at the dance studio.

* Your travel dates: October 7-12

* Where are you staying: ASMusic

* What Advanced Dining Reservations you have made (if any): none yet, but since we got free dining I am starting to map out what we want. Last year we couldn't get Chef Mickey's at all. Finally, just went there and waited and got in that way.

* If you have a set itinerary: Plan to do MNSSHP again, nothing else planned.

* Any special plans, events, etc that you have planned: Nothing "special", though I hope a dinner at TRex and Titanic Experience, both for DD

This trip actually started last year October 8-15. DH and DS were in Italy with DH's sister. DH really wanted to go check out Italy and see some of the areas that his family had come from. His sister, is actually a "sister" and the church was flying her overseas for a month ahead of time to do some work over there. When done, she was going to tour parts of Italy and invited DH. I had the offer to go, but had no desire to go. I know, people thought I was nuts, but it just didn't do anything for me. If I was going to spend money on a trip, I wanted to go back to Disney. We hadn't been since 1999, when the kids were little. I needed a Disney fix! DS (16 now) said he'd like to go to Italy with his dad. DD opted to go with me to Disney. Thus, the first annual "Mom needs a break trip" was formed.

While on that trip, I found the bounceback offer (free dining) in our room and had already had plans to book this year's trip. (didn't discuss it with DH, but he was in Italy already, so I just did it ) Thankfully, DD takes long showers, so I was able to call one morning while she was busy.

The trip was going to be a friend and her DD also, but she had to back out due to the economy. (lesson learned: don't pay for insurance when you book your trip...it's non-refundable. No one told me that. Add it later) DH actually got laid off in Jan., but the money for the trip was already put aside and we have worked hard to make sure I can still go.

So here I am in June, already planning the trip. I can't talk about it, since DD doesn't know. DH is SOOO not a Disney fan. He'd go to spend time with the family, but it just doesn't hit him the same way it hits me and DD.

I have my flight down, booked on SW. Booked it the other night. The flight home, well, none yet. I told DH that I didn't know when or IF I was coming home and he said that was ok, he and DS like a quiet house. Maybe I should just stay.....guess not.

The only real plan so far is to go to MNSSHP on Oct. 8th. We did it last year and though it poured, we had a great time! I think it will be one of the things that DD will ask about as soon as she knows we are going.

Which leads to me a question...how and when do I tell her? Not sure yet. I will be taking her out of school on the 7th. Had to get her in there for a little while so it counts as her being there. Guess I have some time to think about it.

I'll look for some pictures of the cast for this report later tonight.

Thanks for reading this far!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

I have a few minutes til I have to go get DD, so I thought I would add a picture of us from last year. This was the day after DD had her hair done at the barber shop in MK. She was so excited that I "allowed" her to put color in her hair. The things that make kids happy!

More later.....

Last edited by poohbear8; 06-11-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: