Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2009, 01:02 PM   #106
tink1957
DIS Veteran

Great update & pics, I really like the one of your DS in the Mickey ears, he looks so cute. Thanks for posting the pics of your room, we were considering renting points at some time in the future & it gives me an idea of what the studio is like.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:03 PM   #107
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Enjoyable update. I don't know why I torture myself by reading at work ....I can't see one blessed picture, but I know they are there and I know they are good.....I just know it!

On my last day at Kidani I did the same thing....walked all over an took pictures!
Thank you. Hopefully the pics did not disappoint when you finally got to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink1957 View Post
Great update & pics, I really like the one of your DS in the Mickey ears, he looks so cute. Thanks for posting the pics of your room, we were considering renting points at some time in the future & it gives me an idea of what the studio is like.
Thank you. IMHO, I thought DS looked cute as well. If you do decide to stay at AKV I am sure you will enjoy it. I was quite surprised at how spacious the studio was.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #108
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Departure Day

Departure Day
What can I say? It was departure day – time to leave. There were no plans except to leave by checkout. I really did not want to go but we had to. Both rooms prepared breakfast, a feast fit for a queen and king. After eating, we called bell services who came to get our bags. I took one final picture.

We did a final check of the room, left some food in the refrigerator that we could not take back with us, and closed the door behind us one last time. I purchased a few things from the gift shop for our family friend’s son who would be coming to Disney in June. Then, we said our goodbyes. DMIL & DU hopped into DU’s car, which was not nearly as packed when they arrived, and we hopped into the van. DF headed over to Kidani so I could take some pictures of the outside of the building.

And, then we were headed for home.

2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 07-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #109
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Final Thoughts:
Overall, this was a great trip. There is something to be said about going with the flow. I realized that I did not need to plan everything. I also realized that I could still have fun with or without a plan. But, I would prefer to have a plan.

It was also great to have a big family trip. It made for a memorable time. I hope to share this experience with more family and friends. If all goes as plan we will.

I am also glad that we went when DS was almost 2. Disney is doable and enjoyable with an infant/toddler. It is wonderful seeing Disney through the eyes of a child. No, we did not get to see or ride everything that we wanted but we did not expect to. What we did get was a lot of enjoyment and memories that will last a lifetime.

What I liked best besides being with family was the resort. I liked the bedrooms with the full kitchen. We spent less money on dining out and still enjoyed a meal as a family. It was great to be able to spread out and not feel like you were on top of one another which is important when vacationing with a large group. And, I loved the king size bed.

What I would do differently is spend more time at the resort exploring. There were so many things that I missed but there is always next time.

I really did not dislike anything. This was my first visit to AKV, my first time staying in a deluxe resort, and my first time staying as a DVC member. This was a terrific first experience.

Finally, thank you for sharing my journey with me despite the lapse of time between reports. It has been great reliving our first visit “home.”
Old 07-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #110
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

I'm so glad you had such a great trip. I'm disappointed though that your TR is over, I really enjoyed it!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-20-2009, 06:26 PM   #111
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
I'm so glad you had such a great trip. I'm disappointed though that your TR is over, I really enjoyed it!
Thank you very much for reading it. I am disappointed that my TR & trip are over but that just means that I am closer to my next trip.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:31 PM   #112
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
Thank you very much for reading it. I am disappointed that my TR & trip are over but that just means that I am closer to my next trip.

Haha, very true!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #113
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

What a great trip report! I have enjoyed reading it immensely and I will miss it now that it is done. Thanks!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 PM   #114
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
What a great trip report! I have enjoyed reading it immensely and I will miss it now that it is done. Thanks!
Thank you Robbie for sticking with me. I think I am going to do a brief TR when I go on the members cruise but you will be on that with us. I will post pics from our stay before and after the cruise & of the MNSSHP that we will be going to on Sept. 11. I am hoping it will not rain the night of MNSSHP.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #115
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
Thank you Robbie for sticking with me. I think I am going to do a brief TR when I go on the members cruise but you will be on that with us. I will post pics from our stay before and after the cruise & of the MNSSHP that we will be going to on Sept. 11. I am hoping it will not rain the night of MNSSHP.
Awesome! I haven't decided whether I will be writing one or not. For a while I was really good at taking notes but the last couple of trips I haven't done as well.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #116
MaleficentMama
Earning My Ears

Loved the TR! Your family seems great! Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #117
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad you had such a great trip! Hopefully there'll be lots more too.

I'm so jealous you have AKV as your home. It's such an amazing resort.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-16-2009, 08:07 PM   #118
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaleficentMama View Post
Loved the TR! Your family seems great! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you for reading. I have to admit that plans did not go exactly as I expected, it was a great trip. I loved spending time with my family. They are a great bunch of folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad you had such a great trip! Hopefully there'll be lots more too.

I'm so jealous you have AKV as your home. It's such an amazing resort.
Thank you. I can't wait until the next one. AKV is wonderful resort. But, I am biased since that is the only one of been to thus far. Can't wait to read about your next trip. Thanks for following along.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: