Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #91
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Mini report - You know it’s a bad sign when GMA is doing a live remote from DHS

This will be a mini report. Since DS is back (he spent a week with my DM & DF) I have been busying enjoying spending time with him.

You know it’s a bad sign when GMA is doing a live remote from DHS
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Disney Hollywood Studios
The Plan:
Leave AKV around 8:15 a.m. to be at the park opening at 9:00 a.m. Dinner at ‘Ohana at 5:05 p.m.

What happened:
While watching Good Morning America, I noticed that Sam Champion, the weatherman, was broadcasting live from a familiar place, DHS. He was talking about the new attraction at DHS, American Idol Live. This should have been my first clue that not all would go as planned. Amazingly, everyone was up and ready to go on time and we left at a party decent time. Second sign something is amidst. We arrived at DHS right after park opening. I was excited until I got into the park. The main street at DHS was roped off making the park look crowded than it actually was. Everyone had to use the sidewalks and there were only certain sections where one could cross the street. On top of that, we were directed down a side street because they were about to do a street performance. There goes my plan for getting a Fastpass for Toy Story Mania right away. The street we were headed down led to the Tower of Terror. I heard DBIL trying to psych himself up to ride the ride. DH was laughing at his little brother. (We will see who will be laughing later.) He told him that he would go on the ride with him. They practically walked on the ride. The rest of us waited by the monitors to see their picture when they first dropped. We waited and waited and finally saw this:

I laughed until I cried. If that was not the funniest picture – two grown men looking like they were about to pee their pants.

Stay tuned there is more to come ...
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 07-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #92
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

DHS - continued

After our good laugh at Tower of Terror, we headed over to Toy Story Mania. On our way we took the opportunity to stop for pictures and meet some characters.

While waiting in line to meet the characters, I grabbed everyone’s tickets and headed over to get fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. We had a return time of 1:00 p.m. So, after our photo session with the characters, we hoped in line for the second showing of Disney Playhouse Live on Stage. The grown-ups in the party found seating on the limited bench space while DS & I found seating on the floor.

Once the show started, DS was enthralled. He loves to watch Playhouse Disney on the weekends & knows all of the characters. Here is a little snippet from the show.

And some pictures:

After the show, we stood in line to meet the Little Einsteins. While waiting in line, DS started having a meltdown. He was not in good mood but he also wanted to see the characters. We did manage to meet two – Quincy & June – and had them sign our autograph cards.

The photopass photographer took notice of the personalized autograph cards, commented that it was nice, and pointed it out to June.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon

Last edited by BigDogHU75; 07-12-2009 at 07:59 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #93
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Since DS was not having a good day, I asked DMIL to take him home which she was more than willing to do. My parents & uncle also went with her. DH, DBIL, and I decided to grab some lunch since we still had time before our Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania. On our way to lunch, we spotted the Power Rangers. They are some limber people.

We ate at the Studio Catering Company and received some Disney Magic. We received a free dessert since we were the lucky ones to receive the special blue tray. The dessert was good. The food was alright. Both DH & I ordered the BBQ Pull Pork Sub. They were a little dry. We had to doctor them up with mayo. DBIL said his Chicken Caesar Wrap was good. After lunch, we took a bathroom break and then headed over to Toy Story Mania. We had to wait two minutes before we could use our passes. While waiting, we noticed some guests being accompanied by CMs. They were just getting off the ride and wanted to ride again. When we were on the ride we saw them again. They had just finished riding for the second time. I believe they were past AI contestants but since I stopped watching the show a long time ago I would not know. We enjoyed the ride.

I wanted to ride again but also wanted to go home to check on DS. So, I gave the extra FPs to DH and proceeded out of the park. DH & DBIL stayed and watched the stunt show.

On my way out, I called my parents to discuss dinner plans for the night. My DM told me that she did not want to go to dinner which upset me greatly. I told her before we even left for Disney that having dinner at ‘Ohana’s was a must since this would be our last dinner together at Disney. In addition, DH’s father was driving down from Tallahassee to have dinner with us. DM did not relent. She told me to go and have fun. She knows what buttons to push. While I was on the phone with my DM, a CM told me to smile. I was not in the mood. I just wanted to get off the phone. I politely told DM goodbye and hung up the phone. I don’t argue with her because she is still my mother and no matter how old I get I would never hang up on her, yell at her, or curse at her like I see some other children do. Anyway, I did manage to take a picture
And, then I stopped along the way and looked in some stores but it was just too crowded on the sidewalks and in the stores so I did not stay long. I hopped a bus to AKV after it seemed like I waited forever. The bus first made a stop at Blizzard Beach. When I got back to AKV, I noticed that I had a missed call. It was from DF trying to smooth things over. He left a message stating that they would be going to dinner. I headed to their room but they weren’t here. On my way to search for them, I took some more pictures of the resort.

I finally saw my parents & uncle when I was taking pictures of the resort. We met up and headed back to my room where DS had just woke up from his nap. DH & DBIL called to say they were on their way back from DHS and that their dad was headed to AKV.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #94
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

'Ohana Dinner

Once everyone gathered in the room, we headed to the bus for MK, and then hoped on the monorail to the Polynesian Resort. We waited about 15 minutes and was led to our table. Cousin Joe was our waiter. The food was DELISH. Everyone had a favorite. DBIL enjoyed the wings, DU enjoyed the noodles, DH enjoyed the dumplings, DMIL enjoyed the mixed veggies and salad, I enjoyed the bread pudding. Everyone was satisfied. The entertainment was fun. DS & I even participated. I was glad he was in a better mood. Here are a few pictures

Old 07-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #95
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

After dinner we explored the resort. The Polynesian is a beautiful resort. I would love to go back to explore during daylight hours. Here are some of the pictures that we took.

After exploring, we hopped the monorail back to MK and then took a bus back to AKV. All in all it was an enjoyable evening. Of course, when we arrived back at AKV we had to do our nightly photo session.

After our photo session, I took DS to the room to change his diaper and then headed to my parents’ room. They were about to watch a movie so DS & I joined them. Then DS & I did some exploring of our own. When we got back to the room I started doing laundry and just relaxed. It was a nice and restful evening.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:51 AM   #96
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hey Marsha. Lovin the report so far. All your pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to read more.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #97
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Wow sounds like you had an awesome time at OHanas. That is one of the restaurants that I haven't tried yet. I agree with you on the Poly. I went there last year to have dinner at Kona and just loved the resort.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:32 PM   #98
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Ladies - that is my dream resort and we are staying there after the DVC member cruise in September! I have wanted to stay there since our honeymoon in 1990. So, it has been a long time in coming! And I just can't wait. We go there every time we are at Disney to have a drink in the bar. Just because, it wouldn't be a trip to Disney without a trip to the Poly!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #99
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Hey Marsha. Lovin the report so far. All your pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to read more.
Chris, thank you & I am happy that you came to visit me. Now, we can chat in two places and get to know each other more before the cruise.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #100
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Wow sounds like you had an awesome time at OHanas. That is one of the restaurants that I haven't tried yet. I agree with you on the Poly. I went there last year to have dinner at Kona and just loved the resort.
We had a wonderful time at 'Ohanas. It was great having a big dinner with the family. The food was wonderful, very tasty and plentiful. You definitely have to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Ladies - that is my dream resort and we are staying there after the DVC member cruise in September! I have wanted to stay there since our honeymoon in 1990. So, it has been a long time in coming! And I just can't wait. We go there every time we are at Disney to have a drink in the bar. Just because, it wouldn't be a trip to Disney without a trip to the Poly!
I really do want to visit the Poly again to explore the resort. Maybe I will get a chance to do so either before or after the members cruise.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #101
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

No Plans - Sort of - Last Full Day :-(

No Plans – Sort of
Friday, February 13, 2009
Free Day
The Plan:
Dinner at Boma at 6:25 p.m. or see Spectro

What happened:
Everyone in our room decided that we would go to Downtown Disney since we had not been. However, we took our time and did not rush. For the first time since the vacation started, I logged on to the Dis just to check in with my cruise meet thread for the 2009 members cruise. It was a relaxing morning. DS had two breakfasts since we also visited my parents’ room. I also took some pictures of our last full day at our home away from home.

Our view:

By the end of our stay, DS liked to go out on the balcony and line up the chairs.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #102
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

No Plans - Sort of - Last Full Day :-( continued

After our relaxing morning, we headed to DTD. We strolled around and visited the stores. DH & I picked up some gifts to give to co-workers, family, and friends. We also ate at Wolfgang Puck Café. The food was delicious. We had dessert at Ghiradelli’s. Here are a few pictures we took along the way.

DS loved getting splashed by the spitting Stitch.

By the time we finished with our milkshakes, DH was ready to head back to the room but, DMIL, DS, & I still wanted to explore. So, on our way back to the bus stop we stopped in a few more stores and took more pictures.

DH was too through with us.

We did not care.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #103
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

No Plans - Sort of - Last Full Day :-( continued again

Finally we made it back to the bus stop and headed back to AKV. Once there, I toured the resort while the rest of the crew headed back to the room.

I also wanted to see what was happening with Kidani construction.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 AM   #104
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

After my tour, I went back to the room & took some final pictures of our home away from home, mainly pictures of the adjoining studio since we had taken pictures of the one bedroom the first day:

I visited my parents for a little while & then went back to the room to finish packing for the next day we would be departing.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #105
MEK
DIS Veteran

Enjoyable update. I don't know why I torture myself by reading at work ....I can't see one blessed picture, but I know they are there and I know they are good.....I just know it!

On my last day at Kidani I did the same thing....walked all over an took pictures!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: