Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #76
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

I'm Back

WOW! I can’t believe that it has been almost three months since I posted. Sometimes life gets in the way. But, I did not want to be the person who does not finish the trip report. Thank you OhMari for opening this thread back up.

For those who are returning welcome back & thank you for coming back. For those who are just joining me

We now return to our regularly scheduled trip report already in progress.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 07-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #77
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

We last left off heading to Dumbo. Since we stopped to watched the Dream Along with Mickey show, the line at Dumbo was long considering it is a slow loading ride. DH, DU, DBIL, & DF did not want to ride on Dumbo so it was just DMIL, DS, and I. After about a twenty minute wait, we were finally able to board the elephant. We decided to try and fit in one elephant. Needless to say it was a tight fit with the three of us. Thank goodness for seat belt extenders. Once we were all situated we were off for a flying adventure.

DS loved Dumbo. I was glad since this was the first ride he has ever been on. After Dumbo we headed to the Carousel.

DS was not happy on this ride. He was ready to get off.

When we exited the Carousel, we spotted Winnie the Pooh and Tigger. Now, against the plans, DS wanted to meet them. So, we, meaning DMIL, DS, & I, stood in line while the men went to get a snack (expensive popcorn). The line moved pretty quickly except for when Pooh and Tigger had to take a potty break. But, we toughed it out and DS was thrilled. He ran straight to Pooh.

Tigger was not getting any love from DS.

Pooh was laughing at poor Tigger.

So, I stepped in to show Tigger some love and hopefully coax DS over to Tigger.

It worked for about a second but DS was really into Pooh.

After we stood took pictures with Pooh and Tigger, we went to Pooh’s playground. DS had a blast. He played in the tree house.

DH decided to join DS in the tree house.

Next DS wanted to go down the slide. He went down the slide at least 100 times and had a ball every time.

Then something caught DS’s eye. What did he see? Water shooting up from the ground and DS loves to play in the water. First he tested the water.

When DS got used to it, he would run to where the water would shoot up and wait for it. When he saw the water coming he would try to run away before the water got him.

One time he wasn’t quick enough.

While we were there, I noticed that one of the geysers was not working and a CM was there trying to fix it. I am glad that the other ones were working and that DS was able to play because the next day the geysers were not operating at all.

After the water fun we headed to Minnie’s house and Mickey’s house after a quick restroom break.

DH was trying to take a picture of something in the room and extended his hand a little too far because an alarm started to sound. We quickly moved along.

We decided to forgo the Judge’s tent.

All aboard! Next stop Frontierland.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #78
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

All aboard! Next stop Frontierland.

After a nice and restful train ride …

we arrived in Frontierland where we walked around and enjoyed the atmosphere and scenery.

While walking, we noticed that a lot of people were eating on big turkey legs which prompted me to get one. Man was it huge and it was delicious. Everyone, except for DH, partook of the turkey leg.

That turkey leg was more like a prop then food. It was during this time that I noticed that there were a lot of birds flying and wandering around looking for food.

Since we did not have anything but a turkey leg, I felt safe. Boy was I wrong. As soon as I pulled a piece of meat off the turkey leg and held it up a big bird swooped down and grabbed it out of my hand. At first, I did not know what happened. I just heard something fly past my ear and felt a tug from my hand. I was too through. I did not want to see another bird but lo’ and behold who do we spot next – the duck himself. Of course, we had to stop and take a picture or two or three.

After visiting with Donald we headed to It’s a Small World. We really weren’t headed there but we saw it along the way and DMIL wanted to ride it. DH decided to pass on this ride since he felt people of his stature did not belong in a small world. Everyone else rode and enjoyed the ride.

After our boat ride, we left the park headed for home. But, I needed to take a couple of more pictures (DS did not).

Before exiting the park, I also stopped to get some fudge and sugar free candy for my parents.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:08 PM   #79
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Once we arrived at home, I went to my parents’ room to recap our day with my DM who could not go with us because of her foot. While there I noticed that a CM was cleaning out one of the watering holes. If you ever wondered how the watering holes fill up with water here is the answer.

I thought the water got there naturally by way of rain.

Once back at AKV, we rested, had dinner, and tried to go for a swim. The plan was to go the Grand Floridian Café but since both mothers brought so much food with them we opted to stay in. DMIL cooked dinner. We had spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad on the side. DH’s father and wife met us back at the hotel. Once they arrived we had dinner and then wanted to test out the pool. DH, DS, DFIL, and I changed into our bathing suits and headed to the pool. As we stepped out in the hallway, a familiar smell was in the air - my mother's cooking. I could tell that she was cooking some collard greens. My parents and uncle had greens (DM had the hallways smelling like collards), ribs, cornbread, and sweet potato pie. My mom sent a sweet potato pie to our room. I made a mental note to go to the room and get some food.

When we got outside, it was a bit nippy but thought that the pool would be warmer since it was supposed to be heated. It was not warm enough for my liking and even though DS wanted to stay in the pool I took him out. DMIL, DS, & I headed back to the room. DMIL gave him a bath & I went to the room to get me some bbq ribs for later. When I came back to my room, DMIL, DS, & I headed back down to the pool to see if DH & DFIL were still there. When we got to the ppol I did not see them. I panicked because DH did not have a key. So we tried to rush back to the room but DS did not want to leave the pool area. He decided to have a mini-meltdown and made his body go limp. Being the good mother that I am, I left DMIL there to deal with DS. When I got back to the room, DH was not standing in the hallway dripping wet. He was nowhere to be found. DMIL & DS eventually made it back to the room. Sometime later, the rest of the gang made it back too. They had been soaking in the hot tub. After they changed into their clothes, we had our nightly photo session in the lobby of AKV.

Now, after this picture, DS fell backwards off the bench because he was laughing so hard. Needless to say we got some looks from those in the lobby since four adults could not prevent one baby from falling. DS, however, was okay. He did not hit the rock that was behind the bench. He did not have any bumps or bruises. So we continued with the picture taking. (I know, shameful, especially since I was the one making him laugh.)

After our nightly photo session we wished DFIL & DMIL2 a good night and went back to the room to rest up for day 2 at the MK.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #80
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Yay, you're back! Love the updates and can't wait for more!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #81
MarieFan
Mouseketeer

I just read your TR from the beginning and I love it! Your son is too adorable, and the food grandmas crack me up! We are staying at AKV in August/Sept so I am appreciating all the pictures. I can't wait to read more...
Old 07-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #82
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Welcome back! Still subscribed to your thread.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 07-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #83
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
Yay, you're back! Love the updates and can't wait for more!!
Yes, I am back. Thank you for sticking with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieFan View Post
I just read your TR from the beginning and I love it! Your son is too adorable, and the food grandmas crack me up! We are staying at AKV in August/Sept so I am appreciating all the pictures. I can't wait to read more...
Welcome and thank you! I was glad the grandmas brought the food. We were never hungry and we spent less money on food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Welcome back! Still subscribed to your thread.
Thank you. I am glad you still subscribe to the thread.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #84
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Day 2– Determination Prevails

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Magic Kingdom Day 2– Determination Prevails
The Plan:
Leave AKV around 8:15 a.m. to be at the park opening at 9:00 a.m. Lunch at the Crystal Palace at 12:55 p.m.

What happened:
Today I was determined to follow the plan. Even though going with the flow was okay. I wanted to see at least some aspect of my plan in action. Commando Mommy was in full swing. We will be there when the park opens. We will make our ADR. We will follow the plan. All who are not with me are against me and will be treated as such. Onward march!

Not everyone went with us to MK. Though my mother’s foot was feeling a little better, she was not up to walking too much. DF and DU decided to stay with her and enjoy the day at their on pace. They went to Downtown Disney and did a little browsing and shopping.

DH, DMIL, DS, & I headed off to MK. DFIL & DMIL2 were supposed to leave with us but since they were not ready they told us they would meet us in the park. We arrived at MK right before the train pulled off from the station with the characters and the “special” family. We entered the park to waving CMs and bubbles. DS loves bubbles.

We headed to Tomorrowland. On our way we stopped for some pictures.

DS would not look at the camera

We continue to Tomorrowland

Rode Buzz Lightyear. We were able to walk right on and we were able to stay on the ride to ride it again. See what happens when you stick to a plan. After exiting the ride we saw that Stitch was out signing autographs. We were going to take a picture with him but he had to take a potty break so we decided to ride the Carousel of Progress. After that ride, DFIL & DMIL2 called to say they were headed our way. We spotted them on our way to Transit Authority. We all boarded and rode that ride.

After that we went to see Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. It was a cute show. DFIL was “that guy” and received a sticker afterwards.

Next was the Winnie the Pooh Ride. DS enjoyed the ride. After the ride, both sets of grandparents decided to purchase something for their grandson. DFIL purchased him a stuffed Winnie the Pooh which DS sleeps with to this day. DMIL purchased a Tigger hat which DS liked very much. It is the only hat that he will wear for an extended period of time.

We stopped and rested at the tables near the Winnie the Pooh ride and had a snack. DH & I had churros with chocolate sauce. They were not as good as I remembered. Part of DH’s churro fell on the ground where a bird was happily waiting to gobble it up. DH was not happy so I gave him the rest of mine. DS was munching on some gummie bears that DFIL had purchased (see pictures above). Later I would discover that they were sugar-free causing DS to play a melody with his toot flute (he had a lot of gas).

While we were sitting a CM walked over to us and started a conversation. I forget his name but he was very friendly. He told us that we were at the park at the best time of the year. He went on to tell us not to come during the summer or holidays because it is way too crowded. He enjoyed working at the park and had worked in all of the parks. He showed us his Jiminy Cricket pin for 25 years of service. He has seen a lot of changes.

Once we were done conversing with the CM we headed to the train station and took the train to Main St. We proceeded down Main St. and headed to Crystal Palace. Of course we stopped to take some pictures along the way.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:41 PM   #85
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Day 2– Determination Prevails, part 2

When we arrived at Crystal Palace, we were early but they took us right away. DS enjoyed his lunch at the Crystal Palace even though he did not each much and the characters seemed to be attracted to DH. The characters signed autographs and Tigger signed DS’s Tigger hat. This time DS was showing Tigger a little more love than he had shown the previous day.

The food was good. I did not take any pics of the food. I did take pics of our desert plate.

Couple of more pics from Crystal Palace.

After our lunch, DS needed to be changed. Luckily, we were near a baby care center. It was very nice inside and spacious. Once DS was fresh and clean, we headed out of the park. On our way out, we spotted Pluto so we stood in line to get a picture.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #86
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Wow, loving your trip report!! Your son is SO cute and you can tell he is just eating up all that gramma and grampa love!!! Speaking of which, can I borrow your Mom and MIL for our first trip home in Sept. this year??!! I would love to have a yummy thanksgiving dinner while we're there!! Too cool!!

I think you have done wonderfully well going with the flow! You should be proud of yourself!! What dates in Sept are you going to be at AKV? We will be there the 20-29. I see you are going on the member cruise! I hope to do that one day!!

Looking forward to more!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #87
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Wow, loving your trip report!! Your son is SO cute and you can tell he is just eating up all that gramma and grampa love!!! Speaking of which, can I borrow your Mom and MIL for our first trip home in Sept. this year??!! I would love to have a yummy thanksgiving dinner while we're there!! Too cool!!

I think you have done wonderfully well going with the flow! You should be proud of yourself!! What dates in Sept are you going to be at AKV? We will be there the 20-29. I see you are going on the member cruise! I hope to do that one day!!

Looking forward to more!!
& thank you. DS loves the attention he gets from his grandparents most of the time. It was so nice to have them there. I really loved our family vacation. I hope to do it again. An added bonus was that the grandmoms were willing to cook.

I know you will ove your first trip home. We will be there the beginning of Sept. We will be spending 2 days before the members cruise at BCV & 2 days after the members cruise at AKV - Kidani. I am so excited. This will be our first members cruise. I will let you know how we liked it. From what I hear it is a great experience.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:23 AM   #88
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Once back at the resort, we said our goodbyes to DFIL and DMIL2 since they were headed back to their home. After they left, DS went down for his nap & I told DH that I wanted to go to “Welcome Home Wednesdays” which is a presentation for DVC members at the Atlantic Dance Hall on the Boardwalk which started at 4:00 p.m. DH wanted to rest for a little while and watch some Maury. I told him we needed to leave in plenty of time since we had to catch two buses. DH wasn’t ready to leave the room until about 3:15. Two bus rides later we arrived just as the show was letting out. Although we missed the show, we did get a DVC hat. Since we had come all this way, we decided to walk along the Boardwalk and get some funnel cake. Here are some pictures we took along the way.

On our way to Downtown Disney to catch the second bus.

After our funnel cake, we decided to hop the ferry to Epcot. It was a nice boat ride.

Once at Epcot, we rode Journey Into Imagination with Figment. Walked through ImageWorks, tried to ride Soaring but the wait was 90 minutes, rode Living with the Land, and watched the Circle of Life. By that time, Future World was closing. We did not want to stay and watch Illuminations. We were ready to get back to AKV. Here are some pictures we took during our time at Epcot. We did not take a lot.

The bus for AKV took forever to come so I took some pictures of Spaceship Earth from the bus stop.

Once the bus finally came, I called my parents to let them know we were headed back to the resort. I told them to meet us in the lobby since they still had not taken any pictures in the lobby. Once we arrived, all of our party was in the lobby. DS was about to march around the lobby but once DH called his name, he came running over to us and did not want to join the parade. I told DH not to call him. DMIL told us that after DS woke up from his nap, they explored the resort. DS even sat in on story time. Once the parade stopped, we had our nightly photo session.

After our photo session, we headed back to our rooms to enjoy the rest of the evening.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #89
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Love your photopass pictures!!! I wonder if they have a photographer there every night or only sometimes? Since we will have some family members there I would love to get pictures when we're not all hot and sweaty from park touring.
Glad you made it in time to get DVC hats!! I'll be looking forward to hearing about the members cruise!! We are hoping to go in 2011!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #90
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
Love your photopass pictures!!! I wonder if they have a photographer there every night or only sometimes? Since we will have some family members there I would love to get pictures when we're not all hot and sweaty from park touring.
Thank you. We were so thrilled when we learned that the Photopass photographers were going to be in the lobby every night. We took our pics when we were refreshed. One said that it was something new they were trying out. I don't know if they are still there.

Glad you made it in time to get DVC hats!!
We made it just in time. People were walking out the door when we were headed to the building.
I'll be looking forward to hearing about the members cruise!! We are hoping to go in 2011!!
I am looking forward to the members cruise. From past reports it sounds like fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: