Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #61
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Here We Come Pt. 3

After we were done, we went back outside to get DM, DF, & DS. DS was asleep in his stroller. He can get heavy after a while. We made our way back to the train with DM pushing him along the trail. Once back at the train station my DM decided that she would not listen to anyone. It seemed that she was deaf. Of course, this has something to do with her grandson. Let me set the scene. We were waiting in line to board the train. DS was still asleep in the stroller. The train pulls into the station. I tell DM to wait so I can get DS out of the stroller. DM proceeds to push the stroller towards the train. The CM tries to tell her that the stroller cannot fit on the train. DM proceeds to push the stroller onto the train after seeking the help of either DMIL or DMIL2 (I can't remember but note they were all grandmothers) to lift the stroller onto the train. The stroller is now wedged between the second and third seats of the train. The CM once again stated that strollers must be folded before the train moves. People are staring at us. I wanted to scream. So, I took DS out of the stroller since DM couldn't get away from me this time. Meanwhile DH, who was steaming by this time, folded the stroller up. This time DH was the one ready to leave the park. My DM acted like nothing was wrong. She just wanted her grandson to continue sleeping comfortably. End scene.

On our walk towards the entrance we went through Asia. We were able to get some closer views of the Tree of Life.

We made our way back to the bus stop where we did not have to wait long to hop on the bus back to AKV. I was only able to do one thing from my wish list, Kilimanjaro Safari, but that was okay.

Once back at the resort, DMIL offered to warm up some leftovers but I was ready for something fried. DMIL2 & I headed down to Mara to get some food. I ordered a chicken flatbread pizza, fried shrimp which came with fries, and chicken nuggets that also came with fries. The food was very good. I really liked the taste of the flatbread pizza even though I did not eat it all. The fried shrimp were good. DS & DH enjoyed the chicken. The ankole cattle seemed to be enjoying there dinner as well.

More views from our balcony:

This was the only night we did not take pictures in the lobby. But, I did take a picture of the elevator lobby where we meet every morning.

We just decided to stay in and rest since DH’s brother was coming and tomorrow would be our MK day and I wanted to be there when the park opened.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 04-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #62
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

So were you embarrassed????
DM said, "Let that baby sleep!"

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #63
MEK
DIS Veteran

Nice update! I can just picture that train scene with everyone trying to shove the stroller on to the train and not wake the baby! Great visual!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 04-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #64
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Oh My Goodness, I can just picture the steam coming out of your hubby's ears!!

Good call on staying in... can't miss that magical MK rope drop!!

Kathy
Old 04-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #65
5DizFans
Earning My Ears

Great trip report

I love the story about your mother! Funny now - not at the time.

We just bought points at AKV - but we haven't stayed yet. You report is making me excited to go! I also love that your whole family is there with you. That is something that we want to do as well!

I also love that there is a photographer in the lobby of the Lodge. What a great idea.
Can't wait to read the rest!
Old 04-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #66
locolala
Ketchup doesn't belong in your nose!

I'm glad you took pics of what the villas look like!! We're staying there later this month and I am STOKED. We don't have kids yet, but I have a feeling my DMIL will be like your sons grammas. She's a little.. eccentric, to put it mildly. She's already started buying baby clothes, and we're not even trying for one until I finish college.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM   #67
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

You are getting me so excited over our trip to AKV in less than one month Please tell your mom that we will loooove to have her join us, we are ok with the 5am cooking We have a baby girl who would absolutely love to cuddle in grandma's lap!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 AM   #68
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

I wish I knew that that photographer in the lobby was for any one. I thought you needed an appointment or something to use him. I would of loved a family shot when we went to Jiko for dinner. I guess we will have to do it next time!!
Old 04-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #69
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
So were you embarrassed????
DM said, "Let that baby sleep!"
I was not too embarrassed. I am used to my DM's antics. Plus, I knew she was doing it out of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice update! I can just picture that train scene with everyone trying to shove the stroller on to the train and not wake the baby! Great visual!
It was a sight! But, DS did not wake up until I took him out of the stroller. He was so tired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh My Goodness, I can just picture the steam coming out of your hubby's ears!!

Good call on staying in... can't miss that magical MK rope drop!!

Kathy
It makes me laugh now when I think about it. At the time, i was just trying to keep the peace. DH eventually calmed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5DizFans View Post
I love the story about your mother! Funny now - not at the time.

We just bought points at AKV - but we haven't stayed yet. You report is making me excited to go! I also love that your whole family is there with you. That is something that we want to do as well!

I also love that there is a photographer in the lobby of the Lodge. What a great idea.
Can't wait to read the rest!
Congratulations on buying into AKV and welcome home! This was our first trip to AKV and we loved it. I am sure you will. I am not going to know what to do when we go back for a cople of days in Sept. since it will just be the three of us. I love big family trips and with being DVC members potentially everyone can have their own space. You get the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locolala View Post
I'm glad you took pics of what the villas look like!! We're staying there later this month and I am STOKED. We don't have kids yet, but I have a feeling my DMIL will be like your sons grammas. She's a little.. eccentric, to put it mildly. She's already started buying baby clothes, and we're not even trying for one until I finish college.
I know you will have a great vacation. Good thinking on waiting to finish college before having a baby. DH is in a Master's program now that only meets once a week and it is struggle trying to juggle who will take and pick up DS from daycare. Don't let the pressure from the grandparents to be get to you. Whenever it happens they will be excited. DS's grandparents are working on us to have another one. It is so funny. Once you start they will want you to keep going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-P-C-O-T View Post
You are getting me so excited over our trip to AKV in less than one month Please tell your mom that we will loooove to have her join us, we are ok with the 5am cooking We have a baby girl who would absolutely love to cuddle in grandma's lap!
I am so envious that you will be at AKV in less than a month. Have a great time! It was so good to have the grandparents there. DS always had someone to look out for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
I wish I knew that that photographer in the lobby was for any one. I thought you needed an appointment or something to use him. I would of loved a family shot when we went to Jiko for dinner. I guess we will have to do it next time!!
Hopefully, the photographers will still be there when you go. It was great that they were in the lobby. We never had to wait in line. I don't know hy more people didn't utilize the service. We got a lot of different shots with different family members.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 04-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #70
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Magic Kingdom Day 1 - Yeah!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009
The Plan:
Leave AKV around 8:15 a.m. to be at the park opening at 9:00 a.m. Dinner at the Grand Floridian Café at 5:25 p.m.

What happened:
The night before I decided that we would not need our dinner reservation at the Grand Floridian since DH's father would be meeting us at our hotel room after we had come back from the MK. I told DH & DMIL that instead of going to the Grand Floridian, I would cook spaghetti that evening. So much for plans.

I woke up my usual time and to my surprise I was the only one up in our room. Sometime during the night DBIL made it to the resort. He was sleeping on the pull out couch in DMIL’s room and DMIL was not awake and, of course, DH & DS were still sleeping. So, I started getting ready. By the time I was out of the bathroom, DS was awake and I heard DMIL stirring. Now, I just had to get DH up which can be a chore. This morning, though, it wasn’t too bad but everybody but DS & I were off to a slow start.

My DF called to see if we were ready and to let me know that my DM would not be joining us today. He & DU had been up for awhile and had eaten their breakfast, drank their coffee and were waiting for us to call them. When they arrived at our room, DMIL was just sitting down to eat her breakfast and drank her coffee. UGH! So much for getting to MK for the rope drop. DF explained that DM had injured her foot on the bedroom door. She was moving a chair back and tried to close the door. The door scraped the top of her foot. Of course, I had to go see her so I ran down the hall to her room. When DM answered the door she had a bandage on her foot but it was still bleeding. I ran back to my room to get the big tube of Neosporin that I had packed (I had OTC meds for just about anything) and then ran back to my DM and gave it to her. She was sorry that she could not go with us but she wanted to give her foot time to heal by keeping it out of the shoe. She has to be careful with wounds since she is a diabetic. I completely understood. I gave her a kiss and told her to enjoy the room and the view. I then headed back to my room and waited until everybody was ready.

When I took this picture it was almost 9 a.m.

A few minutes later we were finally headed to the bus stop. Of course, of all mornings the bus to MK took its sweet time coming. We waited for what seemed like eternity but really about 15-20 minutes while the crowd for the MK bus just kept getting bigger and bigger.

This picture was taken around 9:15 a.m.

Finally, the MK bus pulled up and right behind it was another MK bus. We were off to the Magic Kingdom. The bus ride was not too long but, of course, we were not there for RD. Oh well, maybe we could make it to Dumbo before the lines get too long because I remember the touring plan motto “Ride first …” Yeah right! We were late anyway so I might as well go with the flow. We stopped to take some pictures.

DS did not want to let go of the brochure

As we approached the castle we were just in time for the show Dream-Along with Mickey.

After the show it was off to ride Dumbo.

Last edited by BigDogHU75; 06-24-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added video
Old 04-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #71
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Great update. I believe my extended family would love your touring plan. I'm such a commando and my baby girl is just like me. She can hang with the best!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #72
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Oh no, I am sorry to hear that your Mom hurt her foot? Did it continue to bother her during the trip?

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM   #73
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Great update. I believe my extended family would love your touring plan. I'm such a commando and my baby girl is just like me. She can hang with the best!
I was trying to be a commando but circumstances kept getting in the way. And, I am kind of glad that I took it easy. Of course, I wish I could have done more but there is always next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Oh no, I am sorry to hear that your Mom hurt her foot? Did it continue to bother her during the trip?
It bothered her for a couple of days but she enjoyed sitting in the room and taking it easy.

I will be posting more soon. I hope everyone has a Happy Easter.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #74
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post

DS did not want to let go of the brochure

Love this shot!!

LOL, now I know why you titled your report, Plans Are Meant to be Broken!! Oh well, going with the flow has its merits, too.

Sorry DM injured her foot, but she was right to nurse it carefully, considering the diabetes concern.

Kathy
Old 04-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #75
MEK
DIS Veteran

All caught up again! Sorry to hear your mom hurt her foot! I hope she is OK. Love, Love, Love your MK pics. It looks like a perfect day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: