Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #46
Lan
D23 Charter Year Member

I am enjoying your trip report. I can't wait to read more.
WDW - Pin & Vinylmation Events Sept 12-15
WDW - Food & Wine Oct 11-14
WDW - Dec 5-8

WDW Marathon Weekend Jan 7-12
WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend Feb 19-23
DCL Magic - Southern Caribbean Cruise Sept 27- Oct 4
Blog: DizThruBrownEyes.com
Old 03-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #47
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Our kids are too smart for us, aren't they??

Oh well!!

Looking forward to more...

Kathy
They certainly are. I thought one thing and DS had other ideas. I really did not think he would protest about the leash. It is amazing to watch DS develop. Sometimes I wonder where did he learn that from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. I can't wait to read more.
Thank you and welcome.
2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon

Last edited by BigDogHU75; 03-28-2009 at 09:56 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #48
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Time to Visit a Park, But First We Must Eat pt. 3

DS was not interested in seeing the dolphin show. He was tired and wanted to go. Others, however, wanted to see the show. So, I took DS and sat on a bench to try to calm him down and maybe put him to sleep but he was fighting it. He was not a happy camper and neither was I. I tried to gather our group but lost them in the crowd around the tank. They did take some pictures of the dolphins.

After the dolphin show, it was time to head back “home.” I was moving full speed ahead to the bus stop until we passed the window of the Epcot Character Spot. That is when DS saw Minnie and Mickey through the window. Minnie was at the window waving to a little girl passing by and DS wanted her attention. He pressed his hands up against the window waiting for Minnie. I was surprised Minnie did not have a line. Mickey was busy taking pictures. I wanted to go in but figured DS would not last another minute. We continued towards the main entrance but we stopped again. DH had been searching for Photopass photographers all day since we had prepaid for the photo CD. We did not see any in the WS and we did not see any when we entered the park. Well, we saw some when we were leaving and had to take some pictures.

After our Epcot photo session we made it to the bus stop for AKV which was a distance from the entrance. We did not have to wait too long for a bus. We hoped on and headed back to our resort.

Once in our rooms, I laid DS down for a night and took a rest myself. During that time, DH’s brother came for a visit. He hadn’t seen DS since he was about 6 weeks old. When DS & I woke up everyone was out on the balcony enjoying the view so DS & I joined them.

DS & I stayed out on the balcony for a little bit. Then we went in to have dinner. Dinner consisted of turkey, macaroni & cheese, cranberry sauce, and a vegetable. It was delicious and much needed after a long day. After dinner we sat around and watched some TV and talked. After a little while, we ventured down to the lobby to walk DFIL & DMIL2 out and of course had to stop to take some pictures (which was becoming our nightly ritual).

We then explored the resort a little more before heading back upstairs to rest for our Animal Kingdom Day.

2013 July 4th Family Celebration at WDW, 2012 Disney Fantasy Birthday Cruise, 2011 Disney Dream Cruise, SSR, Member Crusie 2010, & AKV, A Trip of DVC Firsts - BCV, MNSSHP, Sept. '09 Members Cruise, & Kidani, Plans are Made to be Broken ... Feb. 2009, 2002 Land & Sea Honeymoon
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #49
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

More great pictures! The photographer in the lobby really took some great pictures for you!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 03-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Great pix! Wow! What a view from your balcony! Was DS really interested in seeing the animals, or was he too young?

I'm laughing at DMom/DMIL preparing "Thanksgiving Dinner" while on vacation!!

Ah, well. Food is Love, right??

Kathy
Old 03-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #51
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your TR. Your DS is sooooo adorable. Thanks for posting th akl pics. I am looking forward to my stay there in June. Can't wait to read more about your trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 03-29-2009, 06:08 PM   #52
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh, I love the savanna pictures! That was one of my favorite things about staying there even though in May the construction was still going on so our view wasn't that great. But it was still neat going out onto the other observation decks and watching the animals.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-30-2009, 08:45 AM   #53
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Here We Come

Monday, February 9, 2009
Thanks everyone for reading my TR. I will respond individually to all who posted later this eveing. Now on the the report. I hope you enjoy.
The Plan:
8:10 a.m. reservation for breakfast at Donald’s Safari Breakfast @ AK. Enjoy the park after breakfast. There were three things that I wanted to do at AK – ride Kilimanjaro Safaris and see “It’s a Bug Life”, “Finding Nemo – the Musical” and the “Festival of the Lion King.” Sadly, I would only get to do one.

What happened:
The night before, I wanted to move our AK day to Friday since we had such a long day at Epcot. In addition, the touring plans suggested to avoid this park in the morning since it had EMH. Of course, when I was planning the itinerary this was a good day to tour the park but Disney changed the hours on me. However, DMIL2 really wanted to visit AK and she and DFIL would be leaving Wednesday. So, I decided that we would cancel the breakfast and arrive at AK in the afternoon. I REALLY wanted to have breakfast at the park though since that is where DH & I ate on our honeymoon. Oh well! This was the new and improved me going with the flow or at least trying.

Needless to say, everybody slept in since we were all tired after our Epcot day. When we got up, DMIL made breakfast which consisted of sausage, eggs, pancakes, and grits which DS enjoyed. Now, do you remember me telling you that some mornings, DS would eat breakfast twice? Well, this was one of those mornings. After breakfast, DS & I went to my parents and uncle’s room where they were just sitting down for breakfast. DM had cooked grits, eggs, sausage, and biscuits. DS wanted to eat again and DM was only happy to oblige. I have to admit that breakfast is DS’s favorite meal.

After breakfast, we waited for DFIL & DMIL2. Then we headed to the bus stop. On our way to the bus stop, someone had to go to the car so we stopped near the entrance once again to wait for that person to return.

While waiting, a fellow diser noticed DH. It was Boosgram. She came up to DH and started talking to him. DH was looking at her like who is this woman. I immediately knew who it was. We gave each other a hug, I introduced her and her DH to the group, and we began chatting. We were hoping to run into each other during the trip and we did. We were so busy talking that we did not even stop to take a picture. We walked down to the bus stop together and went our separate ways. She and her husband were headed to Epcot.

The bus to AK arrived in about five minutes and we were at AK in no time flat.

We arrived a little after noon. The weather was gorgeous and the park was not too crowded. We took a leisurely stroll on our way to Africa and stopped along the way for pictures.

We also stopped for some refreshing treats.

DS had his first taste of a Mickey Bar & thoroughly enjoyed it.

We made our way to Kilimanjaro Safaris. The posted wait time was only 20 minutes so we hopped in line. It took about 20 minutes to get in the truck but the ride was worth it. There were a lot of animals out except for the lions that were sleeping in the shade between some rocks. We only saw a lion’s paw.

Will we scare away the poachers! More pictures from our safari adventure will be in the next post.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #54
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
More great pictures! The photographer in the lobby really took some great pictures for you!
I was very pleased with the photographers' pictures. It was like having a personal photo shoot at the resort.

Quote:
Great pix! Wow! What a view from your balcony! Was DS really interested in seeing the animals, or was he too young?

I'm laughing at DMom/DMIL preparing "Thanksgiving Dinner" while on vacation!!

Ah, well. Food is Love, right??

Kathy
He was interested in the animals somewhat. He really liked the giraffes and the birds because he can say those workds. The other animals he didn't pay attention to. He was having more fun rearranging the chairs and sitting on the balcony than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for your TR. Your DS is sooooo adorable. Thanks for posting th akl pics. I am looking forward to my stay there in June. Can't wait to read more about your trip!
Thank you for reading my TR and for the compliment. I am sure you will enjoy your stay in June. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Oh, I love the savanna pictures! That was one of my favorite things about staying there even though in May the construction was still going on so our view wasn't that great. But it was still neat going out onto the other observation decks and watching the animals.
I enjoyed the savanna view too. It was wonderful waking up and coming back to the resort seeing all the animals. I cannot say it enough but it is so peaceful sitting out on the balcony watching the animals and enjoying the view.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 PM   #55
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom Here We Come Pt. 2

More pictures from Kilimanjaro Safaris

And, we helped capture the poachers!
After riding Kilimanjaro Safaris, it was time for a bathroom break. Plus, DS was ready for a snack. My DU & DM did some shopping in Mombasa Marketplace and had the items that they purchased shipped backed to the resort.

Our next stop was Rafiki’s Planet Watch. We hopped on the Wildlife Express Train and were on our way.

By the time we arrived, other people in our group were ready for a snack or something to drink so before entering Conservation Station we stopped for some water, soda, and a couple of hot dogs. During this time, DS decided he would rather take a nap than go to the petting zoo. He walked over to my DM, climbed in her lap, got comfortable, and went to sleep.

DF stayed outside with DM while the rest of us went inside.

Jiminy Cricket and Rafiki were inside. I posed with Rafiki while DH chose to take a picture with a baby reptile of some sort.

We then went outside to the petting zoo.

CMs were discussing some of the animals so we took a seat and watched the presentation.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #56
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Okay, I just found this TR and I am loving it already. Okay, I'm going back to

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #57
MadiMouse
Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Okay, are we related? I love the big family trips too and boy do I have some stories from WDW?

Ummmm...did ya'll just have Thanksgiving dinner at the AKL on vacation? And big Breakfast in the mornings???

Seriously, I need to vacation with ya'll!

2011 - 2012 Walt Disney World Moms Panel

I am not a Disney employee. The postings here are my own and do not represent the positions or opinions of the Disney Company.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #58
william4192
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
DMIL was not going to allow her grandson to go hungry. She told everybody that she would be cooking hot dogs and turkey burgers. She barely settled in before she started fixing food her child, I mean her grandchild.

She is welcome to come on ANY of my Disney Trips. Man, cooking before unpacked. Now that is my type of Woman!
Old 03-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #59
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogHU75 View Post
During this time, DS decided he would rather take a nap than go to the petting zoo. He walked over to my DM, climbed in her lap, got comfortable, and went to sleep.

Awww. Grandma's lap....always the best seat in the house!!

BigDog..... (why does it sound so wrong to call you that?!!)...

We got our ressie for AKL ~ Kidani Village for this November!!!

I am thrilled and so excited to see your beautiful pictures of the resort!

Thank you!

Kathy
Old 04-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #60
BigDogHU75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Okay, I just found this TR and I am loving it already. Okay, I'm going back to

Welcome & thank you for the love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiMouse View Post
Okay, are we related? I love the big family trips too and boy do I have some stories from WDW?

Ummmm...did ya'll just have Thanksgiving dinner at the AKL on vacation? And big Breakfast in the mornings???

Seriously, I need to vacation with ya'll!
Yes, we had Thanksgiving dinner at AKV. I could no believe it. And, the best breakfasts were always in our rooms. If you and a whole other were there, you could have joined us. We had food for days. Neither mom knows how to cook for a small group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by william4192 View Post
She is welcome to come on ANY of my Disney Trips. Man, cooking before unpacked. Now that is my type of Woman!
We certainly appreciated her on this trip. She is a wonderful grandmother.

Quote:
Awww. Grandma's lap....always the best seat in the house!!

BigDog..... (why does it sound so wrong to call you that?!!)...

We got our ressie for AKL ~ Kidani Village for this November!!!

I am thrilled and so excited to see your beautiful pictures of the resort!

Thank you!

Kathy
Call me Marsha. BigDog is my DH. I used a username that he could remember if he ever wanted to log on.

DS was very comfortable on his grandmother's lap and she was in heaven just holding him because he is usually on the go.

Congrats on your ressie. We will be at Kidani in Sept. for two days I will take plenty pics of the resort.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: