Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #376
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Just an off day

I'm out-of-disney-sorts today.

Do you know what I mean? Its those days when life gets in the way of planning, so you get frustrated by the planning when you finally have time for it? I most definitley feel that way today. Not only did I get a big fat nothing at the store today (Disney-wise, grocery-wise I could feed a small army of CM if they happened to appear on my doorstep), but today is pretty much the last day I have to plan - and I'm just not in the mood. Tell me I'm not the only one who these issues...that somewhere along the line of planning a trip - whether a spontaneous one planned in less than 10 days, or one that has PTR over 5 pages long and is still months away - you just have days where the Disney magic is just not in you.

No worries though, I will get my trip binder done tonight. Pictures to come! So exciting for me to think that the next time I make my trip binder, it'll be for WDW!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #377
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

Sorry you aren't feeling the magic yet...don't worry, I get them too sometimes. It'll come when you get there.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2011, 12:12 AM   #378
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post

Sorry you aren't feeling the magic yet...don't worry, I get them too sometimes. It'll come when you get there.
Oh I'm ready...I'm soooo ready now!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 01-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #379
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Alright, lets go to Disney, NOW!

Wooohooo! One more day of work then we're off to Disneyland!

Well after my post last night, I knew I needed to get my trip binder together. I do one for each trip, no matter the insignificance or length. Needless to say, my WDW one looks like a book by the time I'm usually done with it. And for DLR short weekend trips, I end up adding little dumb pages to make it look like I put more effort into it...

Since my printer is only doing grayscale right now [read: I'm not about to buy $50 color ink to print my trip binder, I know, priorities, priorities], DH will be printing it tomorrow at his office. So I will be working on finishing that tonight and you all will just have to wait until tomorrow to see it. I KNOW...the agony of waiting to see my binder... But I mean really, I am a graphic designer, so this is probably one of my most favorite parts of planning. Picking a theme and making pretty pages...ya, I'm a little bit nerdy like that sometimes. But aren't we all?

DH is pretty much ready to go. He's started greeting me with, "Let's going to Disney" or "I'm ready to go to California" instead of, "Hi..." LOL. These are signs, I've learned, that he's really excited for the trip. These phrases most often occur when all he needed to get done before a trip is complete and he can just relax. He even said to me today that we should leave tomorrow instead - but too late of notice for work. Darn it!

In other news, I've got my laundry going and getting my suitcase out. I've gone grocery shopping for snacks and also need to go through my Disney box. Anyone out there have one? Its that box where all those random things you only use on trips or other random Disney scraps get put when you're cleaning up the house? Ours needs to be bigger. It holds guidebooks, maps, vacation planning DVDs, old photopass cards (not sure why...), and all that other junk-ahem-disney freebies that seems to collect once you become a planning addict. Lime green mickey heads anyone?

OOOOH! And I can't wait to take a picture next to the giant wall that is now the entrance for DCA. I told DH tonight that we would and he laughed. I can't wait to pose like a cheeseball and enjoy the stares of children and their parents alike. "Oh honey, I want a picture by this side of the wall first, then over there, where it curves..."

More exciting post tomorrow...I promise. Less rambling. More planning.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:04 AM   #380
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Yeah! One more day
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #381
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Yeah! One more day
YAY! I can't wait!
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #382
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

No...say it ain't so...

So on my way home from work I felt a weird burning sensation in my knee, right above my kneecap. Every time I switched my foot between the gas and brake pedal (thank you rush hour traffic), the pain would get worse. It was really noticable about 20 minutes in, and after stopping by the library too, I was pretty much done for. I have ice on it now but I'm really worried about it. I can walk on it fine, it doesn't appear to be the muscle, but the bone...so strange! Its more of an annoyance right now. Needless to say, it makes me anxious about all the walking around DL this weekend.

Being the google-r that I am, I looked up the pain and can't find much. I just want to make sure its not an injury (I workout alot) and if there is anything specific I can do to help it. Here's hoping for a temporary problem, and that 6 hours of rest tomorrow in the car will help too. No pain please!!

Thank you for letting my share my pain. DH should be home soon, which means I'll get my trip binder together and you'll all have a good post to read.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:45 PM   #383
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
So on my way home from work I felt a weird burning sensation in my knee, right above my kneecap. Every time I switched my foot between the gas and brake pedal (thank you rush hour traffic), the pain would get worse. It was really noticeable about 20 minutes in, and after stopping by the library too, I was pretty much done for. I have ice on it now but I'm really worried about it. I can walk on it fine, it doesn't appear to be the muscle, but the bone...so strange! Its more of an annoyance right now. Needless to say, it makes me anxious about all the walking around DL this weekend.

Being the google-r that I am, I looked up the pain and can't find much. I just want to make sure its not an injury (I workout alot) and if there is anything specific I can do to help it. Here's hoping for a temporary problem, and that 6 hours of rest tomorrow in the car will help too. No pain please!!

Thank you for letting my share my pain. DH should be home soon, which means I'll get my trip binder together and you'll all have a good post to read.
Oh no! My best suggestion would be to take Motrin which is an anti-inflammatory pain reducer. It should help. (Elevating your leg probably wouldn't hurt either)

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was just a fluky 'twinge' and all will be well tomorrow!
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #384
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Oh no! My best suggestion would be to take Motrin which is an anti-inflammatory pain reducer. It should help. (Elevating your leg probably wouldn't hurt either)

Keeping my fingers crossed that this was just a fluky 'twinge' and all will be well tomorrow!
Thank you for your concern. After about 2 hours and lots of ice, it went away as suddenly as it came on. I did feel it last night too, just not as bad as tonight. Not sure what is causing it. Oh well, its gone now and I got Disney on the brain!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 AM   #385
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Trip Binder Complete - Let's go!

ALLLRIGHT! Who's ready to go on a trip? Its 11 PM, and I will be in the car at 6 AM tomorrow morning!

And here is my trip planning binder. I find it funny that I'm calling the trip, "Going Premier" when we're actually going to wait until May to buy the actual premier passes (no sense in spending the extra $$ now). We'll just get premium DLR passes for this trip.

Oh and I'm such a tired soul right now. Last night when I designed/formatted the pages, I realized that not only did I only include DLR for my wait time listings, but I also only have the first half of the rides. DH noticed before me, but being the good guy that he is, didn't say anything until I noticed! Oh well...We'll rely on the "Lines" App. Love you touringplans.com!

So I didn't start packing until 9:30 - and I think I'm done. We did have a slight problem for about 2 hours, we had no idea where the camera cord was, uh oh. **Story below** Not hard to pack for 3 days and get everything ready for the car. Speaking of which, here are all our yummy treats for the car ride and while we're there.

Going to get my last sleep in before we head to Disneyland!

**Camera Story**OK, so about 5 months ago I bought a wonderful camera off my sister, barely used, about $350 retail. I used it all the time, until one day when I accidentally dropped it and it hurt the zoom lens (it was a compact digital camera, but had like 8x zoom). I couldn't believe it broke so easily. My camera before that (which retired on our WDW trip in May, just too old) went through soooo many drops and bangs over 4 years, and 6 disney trips! Needless to say, I was so bummed that I had broken my first "good" digital camera. Now I'm using one that DH bought before we got married, so maybe 2007? It works off batteries, but it works.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #386
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Mini TR - LIVE FROM DISNEYLAND!

Today was very long! But it was successful. I got to go to DLR, we both got our premium APs in record time, and got to see WoC at 10:15 in blue in the spot against the railing as I desired.

My camera was dropped as we were coming in from the hotel. After recovering from that, I think it'll be okay. It works on AA batteries, such a nightmare, and we lost one underneath the car. But since i have no batteries, I have no camera to upload pictures, and no pictures for my very sad start to my LIVE TR attempt.

Crowds were manageable today. Touringplans.com had predicted it as a 6/10, and I think it might have been closer to a 7. DCA's entrance absolutely sucks right now - mostly because many don't seem to understand how it works...apparently its really difficult. LOL.

Only went on 2 rides the entire day - TSMM and PoC. Had FP for Indy and Space but were too tired after WoC. WoC was so magical and worth the freezing waiting and general lack of sleep we endured to be there - well at least in my book. I'm so tired right now. Its 1:05 my time, and I've been awake since 5:15 AM...TIme for sleep.

Oh, hotel is nice. It was ready about 15 minutes after we arrived. If you ever stay at any Holiday Inn or Staybridge, or any of their partners (under Intercontinental Brand), be sure to get a Priority Club. Check-in was so quick and easy because of this, and you can earn free night stays. The room is clean and has a good amount of space. One queen bed, a sofabed, and a kitchen complete with two burners, microwave, apartment-sized fridge, and a dishwasher

We're excited for our hot breakfast buffet in the morning. One less thing to think about. Food has been iffy for us so far. We're hoping for some better dining experiences tomorrow. Ugh - those are my dining comments for the day.

I think we're going to sleep in tomorrow...meaning we'll get to the park when its convenient. Still early, possibly 9:30 or so. But the odds of us getting up to wait in line are slim. We take it easy now and just enjoy our time. No rush, no worries - thats the motto I have to keep repeating at DLR. Now WDW...thats just a whoooole different story!

Ok - goodnight. Need sleep. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by hurleysweety; 01-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #387
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope you managed to get some rest. I was looking at Mousewait on my phone lastnight and it seemed to me that the waits weren't really bad for a Friday night. I hope you have a great trip.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #388
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

I love your reports. I am always curious how young people plan, approach and tolerate the parks. Looks like time to re-energize. Have fun.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #389
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I hope you managed to get some rest. I was looking at Mousewait on my phone lastnight and it seemed to me that the waits weren't really bad for a Friday night. I hope you have a great trip.
The waits were definitely manageable. I didn't see one wait over 60 minutes all day. Granted...I usually won't wait in line unless its under 30. Buzz Lightyear was the only weird one last night. At 8 PM, when most people are headed over for the 9 pm showing of fantasmic, or securing a spot for firworks, they were waiting in a line with a posted standby of 35 minutes. But looking at how far the line looped around, I think it was closer to 40.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #390
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Our Room

Headed to the parks - late but whatever. Its a chill trip. Any of you who know me know this is sooo unlike us to arrive after the park opens. We're usually within the first few at the gate!

Here is our hotel room real quick. Got the camera working!

And the hotel grounds

See ya all on my break!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: