Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #331
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Too tired to do a pic/detailed report. So here's a quick summary

- DH has said some great quotes today that I have to share
1. "Heaven forbid we eat a meal without taking a picture of it first."
2. "I can't wait til we have kids and a stroller so we can plow people too..."
3. "I'm buying shin guards tomorrow, no more getting hit by strollers!"
Thank you for the update and morning laugh I love your DH's quotes. I get #1 in a different form every trip. I look at other people taking pictures of their food and think, "oh, they must be a DISer too"
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #332
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
1. "Heaven forbid we eat a meal without taking a picture of it first."
I get this all the time too! And now I've started taking pictures of non-Disney meals as well. Just got back from San Fran and had to take pix of our food there-only sit down meals though, I drew the line at Jack in the Box.

Sorry about your room but glad they made it right. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! Can't wait to see your pix!

Have Fun!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #333
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Thank you for the update and morning laugh I love your DH's quotes. I get #1 in a different form every trip. I look at other people taking pictures of their food and think, "oh, they must be a DISer too"
Haha! You're welcome. I'm always looking for others taking pictures. Usually I don't see anyone and DH makes fun of my security-blanket-like attachment to my camera on my wrist all day, ever day throughout the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
I get this all the time too! And now I've started taking pictures of non-Disney meals as well. Just got back from San Fran and had to take pix of our food there-only sit down meals though, I drew the line at Jack in the Box.

Sorry about your room but glad they made it right. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! Can't wait to see your pix!

Have Fun!
Thanks! Too funny about Jack in the Box - sometimes I've taken pictures of our egg mcmuffins for breakfast before the park, but I never post them. I think, "Most of these people reading this can go get one 5 minutes from their house - how lame I took a picture of it" but at the time, I think "this is so important to remember so I should take a picture!"

I've started taking pictures at other meals too! Even when I make something myself and its just amazing (I love gourmet cooking and am becoming more of a foodie every day). DH just rolls his eyes and then I exclaim I'm going to start a food blog so I need some good stock archive photos before I can begin... Ya right, I don't have time for that - but a girl can dream!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #334
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

2nd Day - Quick Review

Well - with all my intention of updating pictures, my computer has decided not to. Well...the internet here and photobucket don't mix, my computer has them loaded just fine. But either way - no more pictures until I get home. Sorry!

Some quick things from today:

- Even when you're cold and wearing a sweatshirt you can get a nice little bright red chest of a sunburn, even if you tan easier than anyone else you know.

- Small World is by FAR the best place to watch fireworks, thanks to a tip from a very nice local I met in line while waiting for a F&W seminar! I didn't catch his name but he seemed pretty on top of everything so if you're out there, THANKS!

- "BAT Day" is just fun to watch! While some make me a little bit uncomfortable, most were very friendly. And I commend anyone who can walk in those type of shoes all day!! And for reference, at noon they take a big group pic in front of the castle and all kinds of people try to take pics. Its so crazy that the horse-drawn carriages and other transportation actually takes a break while this goes on.

- To take a great nap/break from your day, hop on the Disneyland RR, ride it to Main Street (or all the way around). Then proceed to Great Moments with Lincoln and take the actual nap. Never felt so refreshed after an attraction. Thank you for bringing it back DLR, could you update the seats next time?

- If you like ESPN, our hotel is not for you. Go figure, lots of channels, no ESPN at Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort.

- 13 hour days with no plan, and no priorities can be amazing. We went on maybe 5 rides today, 2 seminars, and made our day all about eating and doing "whatever we felt like." A year ago, I would have never set foot in the park with out a touring plan, dining guide, times guide, and map.

- It was crowded, way crowded. Beyond what normal springtime crowds usually are - 80 minute wait for TSMM for most of the day! Later, there was a 30 minute wait for Splash at 8 PM - not so weird except it was cold and windy. Also, Matterhorn was again long all day. Soarin' was running incredibly slow today. All FP were gone by 2 or 3, with a 70 minute standby. We had FP and still waited a good 10-15 minutes.

- We've eaten at Rancho del Zocalo on every trip and it remains our favorite. Atmosphere, value for food quantity and quality (we split the Carne Esada and Enchilada Plate), refillable water, and heaters outside during colder weather.

- Wahoo's fish Tacos was the best seminar we've been to for F&W. We got an full size taco for our "sample" and the demonstration was from one of the brothers that created Wahoo's. It was wonderful!

Can't wait to show you all pictures. We have one more "day" tomorrow. Mostly will be TSM first thing (tried today but it broke just as people were approaching the ride, how convenient), then me single rider screamin . We'll probably pick up our free 5x7 prints and then take off...so sad. Last trip to DLR for a long time. I think, sooo sad to say, that we are burnout. But the memories were great, the fun was always new and surprising each trip, and the value was priceless.

Goodnight!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #335
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:

- "BAT Day" is just fun to watch! While some make me a little bit uncomfortable, most were very friendly. And I commend anyone who can walk in those type of shoes all day!! And for reference, at noon they take a big group pic in front of the castle and all kinds of people try to take pics. Its so crazy that the horse-drawn carriages and other transportation actually takes a break while this goes on.
Hi,
Don't stress about the pictures you're on vacation~ We'll love seeing them when you get home.

What the heck is BAT day?

Enjoying the updates! When my DH retires perhaps we can go to the F&W festival there too!

Standing by for day 3
Old 05-03-2010, 09:40 AM   #336
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Hi,
Don't stress about the pictures you're on vacation~ We'll love seeing them when you get home.

What the heck is BAT day?

Enjoying the updates! When my DH retires perhaps we can go to the F&W festival there too!

Standing by for day 3
Bat day = Goth day. Basically its a weekend of people who wear all that dark, goth like clothing with a mix of bat symbols, Renaissance-like-tim-burton-style clothing and rather creepy makeup. Depending on the person, they're just interesting to watch, but like I said, some take a little to far IMO for a family theme park. I don't mind because I don't have kids, but I'm sure there are some people there that were a little shocked and unprepared!

We're leaving today - how sad. We're going to the park to snack our way silly, at least that's the plan. We'll leave early afternoon, giving us only about 3 hours in the park. But I think we're ready to go home - and I think I'm ready to be in full fledged obsessiveness for planning our WDW trip.

TTYL ya'll later - back in AZ!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #337
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip! WDW is our next vacation too
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #338
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We're leaving today - how sad. We're going to the park to snack our way silly, at least that's the plan. We'll leave early afternoon, giving us only about 3 hours in the park. But I think we're ready to go home - and I think I'm ready to be in full fledged obsessiveness for planning our WDW trip.

TTYL ya'll later - back in AZ!
Oh yeah, let the planning begin! Winging it at DLR is fine but I wouldn't want to do it at WDW

Hope you had fun today. The weather was great and the crowds should have been so much less.

Drive safe!
Dizneydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #339
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Have a safe trip! WDW is our next vacation too
Yay! We're back, kinda sad and bittersweet. We were ready to say goodbye as we couldn't think of anything we hadn't done in the past year (with some exceptions...like a stay at a concierge level - a girl can dream!). But even DH was sad as we left today, but happy that we did it. Our second year of marriage will always be remembered by our DLR APs Aww...mushy mushy..moving on...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Oh yeah, let the planning begin! Winging it at DLR is fine but I wouldn't want to do it at WDW

Hope you had fun today. The weather was great and the crowds should have been so much less.

Drive safe!
Thanks! We were safe, although there was a bad accident at the CA-91E/Spruce St and all lanes were closed, so we had a slight detour. For those that don't know (like us, until today), Spruce St is right before the interchange to the I-215 South, where we needed to go! Luckily, I have google maps on my phone and we found a route to the 215 S and it wasn't too much out of the way. But for awhile, it was a bit scary with all the backed up traffic . Also, there were all these signs saying the CA-60 was congested too, but they were wrong, it was a normal drive through there to the I-10. And we made good time!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:46 PM   #340
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

3rd Day Quick Review

Monday was much less crowded. Here are some thoughts from today:

- As suspected for any business, less guests, less staff. Well, today DLR could have used a few more CMs. The tram line was way backed up - as was the parking garage area. After you get your pass, they had every lane (about 8 in all) merging into one before you even turn toward the Pinocchio parking area (the one outside), WITHOUT anyone directing the traffic. And frankly, people were just being ignorant and playing dumb. Kinda a sad way to start your day.

- One of the trams was "broken" or something and off to the side. When we arrived at the garage it was 9:03. By the time we were ready to line up at the gates to DCA, it was 9:29. We were on the first tram that was available. Yes, they were that slow. Really not on top of their game today, took forever to leave the tram area and at that point, we watched tons of people enter the tram lines. They still were only running one tram, and one loading side when we got there. As we disembarked, they were getting another tram ready - this really backed some people up.

- Once inside the gates we go our spot right behind rope drop. After waiting our 1/2 hr we power walked over to Toy Story Midway Mania to find out the 2nd day in the row, it was closed until "later". When we left the park at 11:15, it was still closed. This was making for some angry guests after waiting for 1/2 at the gates, 1/2 hr at the rope... Glad we did it Sat!

- We ate at Rancho del Zocalo again. We couldn't bring ourselves to try anything else when we knew something we wouldn't be back for awhile.

- If you're going for food and wine, make sure you're there Fri, Sat, Sun as those are the most event-heavy days and also include Jr. Chef. Today the seminars didn't start until 1PM, and there were only 2 wine/beer seminars as opposed to 4 on the weekends.

- All three days they were serving corn tortillas at Mission Tortilla Factory. Being hopeful today, DH got his birthday button (his bday is Fri, we're not cheating here), to get a pack of flour tortillas. Thought process *2 days of corn, possibly cheaper to make for higher crowds, they should have flour today with less hours, lighter crowds* We were wrong!

- California freeways are a little scary, luckily I'm not the one driving. Applause to all of you who do every day!

- We left for home right as DH wanted to, in the car by 1 PM. Got home around 6:45 - even with our slight traffic upset - made dinner and desert (susie homemaker here ). No unpacking yet as I have tomorrow off, and why put that off?

The TR and pics might start tomorrow - we'll see how the day goes. No promises yet!

Thanks for reading!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 PM   #341
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. Where is Rancho del Zocalo? Bummer about TSMM that is our favorite ride at DCA. I'm glad you did it earlier in your trip!

Looking forward to pictures
Old 05-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #342
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Where is Rancho del Zocalo? Bummer about TSMM that is our favorite ride at DCA. I'm glad you did it earlier in your trip!

Looking forward to pictures
It is in Frontierland near Big thunder mountain.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #343
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
It is in Frontierland near Big thunder mountain.
Gives us something to look for on our next visit. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 PM   #344
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Gives us something to look for on our next visit. Thanks!
Your welcome. We have never eaten there before but I think this trip we are going to.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:36 AM   #345
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Hello subscribers!

What happened to me? I'm not sure. Between working when I didn't think I'd be, a planned date night turned into a 2.5 hour dead car battery fiasco (which I guess went as well as it could have), and some huge design projects, I've fallen of the face of the DIS!

No fear, I'll have time this weekend...I hope. DH's birthday is tomorrow and I've done pretty much nothing for it (though we agreed that WDW is each other's gift to each other...lol). Also, I've promised not to buy him anything. Not like he's going to have a bad day though - after work we're headed to the baseball game for a suite where he gets to place host to a bunch of sponsors. Now, I know "working" isn't the ideal birthday, but he planned it that way. His favorite team, food that he picked out, and sitting in a suite. Not too shabby as it will cost us nothing.

TTYL - SOON, I promise...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: