Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #136
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo

So after browsing the DISigns, I came up with this possible design for our shirts to wear on Sunday. At this time, DH probably will not wear the shirts - but its fun to pretend that I'll actually buy the shirts to print them on...

Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM   #137
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Hey, those two designs are great! Looks pretty pro to me. I will show them to Jason and see what he thinks.

Bugs Land looks soooo cute.

I think that's probably why we didn't see many fireworks when we were at disneyworld... too much preparation and too many crazy people. We'll have to see how things go this trip.

Yum, Mickey ice cream sandwich! I hope he got one the next day...
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #138
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Hey, those two designs are great! Looks pretty pro to me. I will show them to Jason and see what he thinks.

Bugs Land looks soooo cute.

I think that's probably why we didn't see many fireworks when we were at disneyworld... too much preparation and too many crazy people. We'll have to see how things go this trip.

Yum, Mickey ice cream sandwich! I hope he got one the next day...
Just let me know!!
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
Old 05-24-2009, 04:18 PM   #139
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

DAY 3 - 1 of 2

I'm gonna TRY and do the whole day in one post so I can finish this up super fast!!!

So we took a break and let ourselves get ready a little slower this morning. DH was a total awesome hubby and got us some starbucks to start our morning out right.

And we were off to DCA for our early morning there. We got there at 9:20ish and I was mad that it wasn't sooner. If I remember right, we made the parking tram without waiting in line since I was SO bent on us being late for the park opening. So even though we tried to play it slow, I still ended up worrying about being "late."

We walked in the gates and I went straight to get FP for Soarin. DH hightailed it to the bathroom. We then met back by the rope between the waterfall and Bug's Land area. No one else was there so we were confused. Was no one else going to Toy Story? DH then noticed a sign that pointed to a DIFFERENT rope over by GRR. Oh man...I guess I didn't read enough tips before I left. When we got there, we learned that the TSM people had already been walked down. We had to wait until exactly 10 am to go and we were walked down too. We also met part way with the people in the line we were originally in. We did get on with a 5 minute wait, but as we approached the ride, there were a couple families on there that were apparently riding the tide over and over again. DH and I are still perplexed about how you get there THAT early.

By the time we got off the ride, the CMs couldn't keep up with the guests and the line went clear up past screamin towards ariel's grotto. And the people just kept coming!

So we walked back over towards Hollywood Studios, because RideMax suggested some rides over there and on our way ran into one of the cooking demonstrations and we happened to get in at the last minute. It was AMAZING. It was Cake Monkey bakery and I'm pretty much in love with their food. They're just starting up and they are known for their petite cakes.

BEST THING EVER! DH and I loved this and wish we had gone to more (we only made it to 1!). Its in the shade, you get a free bottle of water. You get a nice seat, its not crowded. How much more could you ask for at DLR???!

Here is the lady who is part owner of the bakery. I liked that it just wasn't her up there. There was a CM who kept us entertained by asking her questions and stuff. And it wasn't lame or corny either.

And you could see the cooking taking place no matter where you were sitting.

And then, you get FREE food! They brought us out the cookie they were making - Rocky Road Crumble. Its chocolate based dough with sea salt, yes, Sea Salt!!! Walnuts or pecans, and caramel and homemade marshmellows!!! So good So good SOOO GOOOD!!!! The whole presentation was about 30 minutes.

Then onto Monsters and Muppet Vision. Here are pictures from them
Never saw this here before!

I didn't get to see "A net full of jello." I seriously spent a whole 10 minutes searching for it.(Well to be honest, I was sitting down...)

Then we headed over to the animation building for some fun. We didn't see Turtle Talk with crush, which I was so sad about. But DH just doesn't get it or understand it or something. He saw it in WDW and he saw the monster's thing too so I guess the whole "talking to the audience" thing just isn't appealing to him.

Classic pictures, on our next trip I want to get pictures in front of them!!! Wow big change in color shift, whoops!!!!

So then, off to all the fun parts downstairs. I didn't do the "learn to draw" and never have, either. Maybe I'll do that some other time. DH has no desire to ever be in the animation building, except for the air conditioning and usual emptiness. So it means that much more for him to humor me in "my element."

I made my own little drawing. First time I wasn't rushed through!!!

We found an "unofficial" hidden mickey!!!

DH and I were in a goofy mood this day...hence the picture.

Then we left and ran into MINNIE! My only character picture of the entire trip!!

Then off to see what the Toy Story Line looked like and to see what we wanted to eat for lunch. I'm pretty sure we walked the entire circle around the park.

Construction pics:

It will look so cool when its all completed.

And then off to lunch!!! Pacific Wharf Cafe was soooo great. I really liked the food. We had to wait in line forever, even though it was almost 1 PM when got to the place. We almost ate at the mexican restaurant, but realized that the portions were small and we were hungry. The lines here were just as long.

I took a pictures of the counter that showed the different options available.

And goodies too, of course

And this is what we ended up with:
Monterey Clam Chowder - Creamy, rich and chock full of clams, this chowder features diced potatoes, celery, onion and peppers. $8.99

Sonoma Chicken & Apple Salad - Tender pieces of chicken breast with tart, crisp apples, celery, and walnuts in a creamy honey dressing with a dash of lemon, served atop a bed of garden fresh lettuce. $8.99
Old 05-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #140
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Can't put more than 25 pictures in one post!!! Here is the rest:

We then went over to ride Soarin with our FPs. DH, once again, had his eyes closed the whole time. Its that whole feet dangling thing that just scares the crap out of him. I enjoy it SOOO much!

And some pictures in line, and someone offered to take one of us, too!

Then off to GRR before doing some shopping in DTD.

And while shopping, I saw this which totally shocked me! Why would anyone by a product after reading this warning. I was holding the object (tinkerbell with a snowglobe) and immediately felt contaminated or something. In reflection, I think maybe the chemical in the snowglobe is what caused it?

And that is Day 3, before our late break in the day as we were determined to stay in the park until in closed that night 12 AM, because my parents always went to bed at like 9 or 10 and we never stayed out that late. It was a childish rebellion thing and coming up next, we'll see how the late hours of the night affected us and how long we managed to stay!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #141
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
How exciting a week untill your trip back to Disneyland
Love your photos & your wedding dress is gorgeous. Hope you enjoy your night at the GCH
Thanks! And we will enjoy the GCH! Just staying there will be magical in itself!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #142
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Just made our PS for Blue Bayou! I'm so excited!

For our anniversary present, the ILs are taking us to Blue Bayou. Originally they told us that they wanted to take us out to a nice dinner for our anniversary. I said okay, and thought of WCT or something like StoryTellers. But DH knew that Blue Bayou was my all time favorite because of the atmosphere and the thought of finally eating that scrumptious cookie boat. So I told him that it would be around $38/pp without drinks and his mom said that was OK!!! I was shocked, but they really wanted to do something nice for us!

They come in on May 31st, our anniversary, so we were going to go that night. But that is the only night that Aladdin is playing - and there plane doesn't come in until 3:30. So we're gonna see the Aladdin show at 5:50 and probably end the night with that since they will be tired from all the hassle of flying and hotel and excitement and everything.

So we're doing it on Monday, June 1st. Had no problem getting the ressie and the CM was so nice. And I was all excited to tell her that we were celebrating 2 Anniversaries. I should have mentioned the recovery from all the blood clots of my DFIL, but know that as the humble man he is, he wouldn't want any of the attention that night. I think they might be more excited about our anniversary than we are!
Old 05-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #143
DisDancerina
Twitterpatted In The Spring!
I NEED HELP!! I have no clue what I'm doing

I'm in!

You guys are so cute together

DisDancerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #144
nemofanatic
Mouseketeer

great post. I can't wait to read more.

DISNEYWORLD/RED BOAT CRUISE-CARRIBEAN BEACH JUNE 1992
DISNEYLAND/KNOTTS BERRY SEPTEMBER 1999
DISNEYLAND- CASTLE INN SUITES CHRISTMAS 2001
DISNEYWORLD POP CENTURY APRIL 2004
DISNEYLAND HALLOWEEN TRIP OCTOBER 2005
DISNEYWORLD-KEY WEST GRAND GATHERING MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND MOTHERS DAY TRIP MAY 2008
DISNEYLAND SUMMER TRIP JULY 2009
SPRING BREAK DISNEYLAND 2010
DISNEYWORLD MARCH 2011
DISNEYLAND WIH ADAM MARCH 2012
DISNEYLAND WITH CINDY (GRADUATION) JUNE 2012
DISNEY PIXAR CRUISE OCTOBER 2012
DISNEYLAND/S.CA xmas trip Mike/Adam/ Dec 2013
nemofanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #145
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun day so far!

We're definitely going to eat at Pacific Wharf, everything there looks sooo good.

Aww your poor hubby afraid of Soarin'. Jason was actually way braver than I expected him to be... he's screams on like country fair rides! But there wasn't anything he wouldn't ride at disneyworld.

I don't think I can convince him to wear a matching shirt though. But he did say he would wear a button, lol, I'll take what I can get!

I can't believe you're going to be back there in 6 days!!
Old 05-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #146
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Yay for blue bayou and the GCH! I'm going to make some PS soon I think, maybe. At least I know not to be too worried about waiting too late!
Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #147
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofanatic View Post
great post. I can't wait to read more.
Thanks! I'll try and update with more of the trip soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blabbermouth View Post
Looks like a fun day so far!

We're definitely going to eat at Pacific Wharf, everything there looks sooo good.

Aww your poor hubby afraid of Soarin'. Jason was actually way braver than I expected him to be... he's screams on like country fair rides! But there wasn't anything he wouldn't ride at disneyworld.

I don't think I can convince him to wear a matching shirt though. But he did say he would wear a button, lol, I'll take what I can get!

I can't believe you're going to be back there in 6 days!!
Pacific Wharf was great, and you don't feel all gross after eating there - you almost feel like you ate something healthy - haha.

No worries about the t-shirts. DH won't wear one either.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:53 AM   #148
erinbev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
And while shopping, I saw this which totally shocked me! Why would anyone by a product after reading this warning. I was holding the object (tinkerbell with a snowglobe) and immediately felt contaminated or something. In reflection, I think maybe the chemical in the snowglobe is what caused it?
I don't know if its anything inside the snowglobe, but then again it might be. I have no knowledge of hazardous chemicals that are also used in everyday items therefore making them dangerous.
I saw this warning on disneyshopping - and it was for a bracelet! I thought the same thing - who on earth would buy and wear something like that???
erinbev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:25 AM   #149
DisDancerina
Twitterpatted In The Spring!
I NEED HELP!! I have no clue what I'm doing

I'm in

DisDancerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #150
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinbev View Post
I don't know if its anything inside the snowglobe, but then again it might be. I have no knowledge of hazardous chemicals that are also used in everyday items therefore making them dangerous.
I saw this warning on disneyshopping - and it was for a bracelet! I thought the same thing - who on earth would buy and wear something like that???
I know! I can't imagine being like, "Oh well I just have to have it, though it may cause birth effects!" I would think Disney wouldn't produce something harmful like this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDancerina View Post
I'm in
Yay! Glad you're here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: