Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
leinalani
Earning My Ears

Aloha and welcome!

I'm Lei, mommy to Bryan (7) and slave driver (wife) to Gary! We live in paradise, born and raised. We love it and probably won't move away if we can help it.

After two long years away from Disney while obtaining my graduate degree, working, participating in all of our son's school and extracurricular activities, we're on our way starting Thursday, June 6th! We're just a tad (as in crazy) excited about our upcoming trip so I decided to write a complete PTR here.

So, I have two reasons for this PTR: 1 - because I really want to talk about it and my DH just doesn't want to hear it anymore and 2 - I really need to have everything in one place so I don't get confused. But first, thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my questions and write up all of these wonderful trip reports! It was an awesome resource to have when planning our first trip two years ago and again now with this trip.

Intros:

Me, Lei. Perpetual college student - up until May 11th, that is! Just graduated with my Master's degree. This is sort of my last hurrah before being a real grown-up.
DH, Gary. High school teacher, totally loves fishing. Loves Disney too but won't admit it. Totally doesn't get my OCD planning thing but knows it works in our favor.
DS, Bryan. "Graduated" from the 1st grade! Loves ANYTHING Transformer's related. This will totally play into our planning. Super busy kid though. Has tons of extracurricular activities that keeps us busy.

We're leaving on June 6 and will return June 19. We've got more than Disney planned so this will be a non-stop, action-packed trip. The saying really does relate, "So much to do, so little time!"

I'll be adding more as the days go by. Thank you for reading! I leave you with a photo from our trip to Aulani.

***WDW BCV June 8-14***
***WDW AKV May 30 to June 8***
***Aulani 2013-2014 NYE***
***Aulani Oct. 4-7, 2013***
***DL VGC June 9-16, 2013***
***Aulani Oct. 4-6, 2012***
***DL PPH June 6-12, 2011***

Last edited by leinalani; 05-25-2013 at 06:30 PM.
leinalani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
leinalani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinalani View Post
Aloha and welcome!

I'm Lei, mommy to Bryan (7) and slave driver (wife) to Gary! We live in paradise, born and raised. We love it and probably won't move away if we can help it.

After a long two years away from Disney while obtaining my graduate degree, working, participating in all of our son's school and extracurricular activities, we're on our way starting Thursday, June 6th! I'm just a tad (as in crazy) excited about our upcoming trip so I decided to write a complete PTR here. This is for two reasons: 1 - because I really want to talk about it and my DH just doesn't want to hear it anymore and 2 - I really need to have everything in one place so I don't get confused. But first, thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my questions and write up all of these wonderful trip reports. It was an awesome resource to have when planning our first trip two years ago and again now with this trip.

Ok, so onto the fun!

June 6, 2013 - leave Honolulu. Red eye flight. Hopefully the child sleeps.
June 7, 2013 - arrive LAX, breakfast, California Science Center, lunch, check into hotel, dinner
June 8, 2013 - breakfast at hotel, Universal Studios Hollywood, dinner
June 9, 2013 - check into the Villas at the Grand Californian, Storyteller's Cafe character breakfast, pool time/Pinocchio's Workshop, dinner
June 10, 2013 - First day in the parks! DCA EE! Breakfast on the go
Oops! Posted before I was done. Will edit.

***WDW BCV June 8-14***
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2013, 12:57 AM   #3
Nahoku
Earning My Ears

Subscribing! I can't wait to hear how your trip went. I'm from Hawai'i as well. I love your Aulani pictures. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon. I hope your trip was fantastic!
Nahoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
leinalani
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoku View Post
Subscribing! I can't wait to hear how your trip went. I'm from Hawai'i as well. I love your Aulani pictures. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon. I hope your trip was fantastic!
Aloha!

Yep, it was fantastic! I had hoped to keep up with this report but unfortunately, as you can see, I haven't. But, you've given me incentive to do so AND I get to live it all over again! Let me get everything together and we'll get started. Thanks for subbing and posting!

***WDW BCV June 8-14***

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: