Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking

Have great fun!

Sorry, I'm going to miss it.

I joined a Photopass share as well and hoping it does well.

However, driving to WDW? I did that once. Once. Never. Again.

I live further north than you (right outside NYC), so maybe you will work out better. It took us 23 hours. Tip: Do not drive through DC on 95, take the way around (495? 295? onc of those..). This will save you time and your hair will stay on your had instead of being clenched in your hands.

I'm off to pack!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Thank you

Have you made out your list of drinks yet? I know I've got the grey goose slushie at Epcot and the Lapu Lapu at the Poly on mine. I will admit that I am a "girlie" drinker and prefer the sweet stuff.
Yes, we have! We are planning on trying to Drink Around the World for Ginger Twist's birthday on the 26th. I also prefer the sweeter drinks and cannot wait to try the Grey Goose Slushy in France and the Lapu Lapu. I have also heard some good (and bad) things about the Margarita's in Mexico - have you ever had one?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegg View Post
Yes, we have! We are planning on trying to Drink Around the World for Ginger Twist's birthday on the 26th. I also prefer the sweeter drinks and cannot wait to try the Grey Goose Slushy in France and the Lapu Lapu. I have also heard some good (and bad) things about the Margarita's in Mexico - have you ever had one?
In the same kiosk as Grey Goose slushie, there is a Grand Marnier slushi. I chose the Grand Marnier, sinc it was orange; the Grey Goose is lemon. Yummie.

Note to others: please do not take pictures with Princesses when drinking a Grand Marnier Orange Slushie.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #19
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

Bar Crawl Update

We've decided on Monday, March 23 as the day to go since the first few people that posted to come along will be leaving on the 24th. However, we are also doing an Epcot Bar Crawl later in the week - probably on Thursday, if you want to come along with us for that one. Let me know if you're interested - we don't have the details totally mapped out for the Epcot bar crawl - we're just going to wing that one.

Ok, so, we are going to start out at the Tambu Lounge in Poly at 6PM on March 23, so everyone who wants to join us can meet up there. We are going to bring some silly hats to wear so we will stand out in the Tambu Lounge crowd (if there is one).

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the Tambu Lounge (I'm not sure why I'm including this, I just like to use wikipedia as much as possible really):

"Tambu Lounge - Tambu Lounge is a bar with an attached lounge area, adjacent to 'Ohana on the second floor of the Great Ceremonial House, operating in the evening hours. In addition to a full menu of beverage offerings and appetizers, several resort specialties are available from Tambu Lounge, including the Lapu Lapu, an alcoholic mixed beverage served in a hollowed-out pineapple. Tambu Lounge offers live, Hawaiian style lounge music several nights a week."

So, I hope to see at least some of you at the Poly Monday night! Please let me know if anyone has questions or suggestions or anything else.

New Updated Bar Crawl Map

Old 03-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #20
FanO'TheMouse
Earning My Ears

Can't believe I just found your thread! I am mostly a lurker on the boards until recently!

We went last year to celebrate my 40th (god that sounds so old!) birthday. We made 25 of my closest friends come along. There were t-shirts and goody bags and so much fun. Best night ever!

Now here is what is so funny- my girlfriend and I will be there from March 22nd to the 29th! We would love to buy you a drink on your journey around the world! I don't know if we will make it to the monorail drinking -- although that sounds like so much fun! Being so old, we would probably just slow you down! But we will be at Epcot on the 26th if that is still your day there!

Here are some photos!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sueandc...7612757706766/
Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #21
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Note to others: please do not take pictures with Princesses when drinking a Grand Marnier Orange Slushie.
Haha, do you have a picture of this character encounter???
Old 03-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanO'TheMouse View Post
Can't believe I just found your thread! I am mostly a lurker on the boards until recently!

We went last year to celebrate my 40th (god that sounds so old!) birthday. We made 25 of my closest friends come along. There were t-shirts and goody bags and so much fun. Best night ever!

Now here is what is so funny- my girlfriend and I will be there from March 22nd to the 29th! We would love to buy you a drink on your journey around the world! I don't know if we will make it to the monorail drinking -- although that sounds like so much fun! Being so old, we would probably just slow you down! But we will be at Epcot on the 26th if that is still your day there!

Here are some photos!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sueandc...7612757706766/
I’m so glad you found us in time! Your bday celebration looks like it was a blast…we are hoping Ginger Twist’s will be just as fun! You and your gf should def try to meet up with us for either the Monorail Bar Crawl (you won’t slow us down!!) or Drinking Around the World at Epcot. As of right now, we are still planning to be in Epcot on the 26th.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
Ginger Twist
Earning My Ears

My proposal for Megg's silly hat choice....

Quote:
We are going to bring some silly hats to wear so we will stand out in the Tambu Lounge crowd (if there is one).
I found a picture of this nice "silly hat" online. I'm hoping this is the one Nutmegg chooses to wear on the bar crawl. I quickly added her face in the picture to demonstrate how nice she will look in it.

What do you think, Megg?
Old 03-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #24
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Smile

Quote:
Haha, do you have a picture of this character encounter???

Nope, not yet. My photoshare does not end until the 24th. Our guy said, if you run, you can make Mary Poppins. I did said run/walk with slushie in hand, but Mary P was heading for a siesta.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #25
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Twist View Post
I found a picture of this nice "silly hat" online. I'm hoping this is the one Nutmegg chooses to wear on the bar crawl. I quickly added her face in the picture to demonstrate how nice she will look in it.

What do you think, Megg?
I just wanted to show everyone a pic of Ginger Twist after the end of our last "bar crawl" at Put-In-Bay (Ohio) in June 08' (she loves wearing her silly hats! this time she even included some sunglasses to enhance the look!)

I think this silly hat will be more appropriate for the Monorail Bar Crawl, don't you Ginger Twist?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:33 AM   #26
Ginger Twist
Earning My Ears

That's it. You're on my S list. Why do you keep trying to incorporate that ridiculous picture of me on this thread?

Last edited by Ginger Twist; 03-17-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:52 PM   #27
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Looking forward to hearing all about it!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #28
nutmegg
Mouseketeer

We are Back!

We arrived home on Sunday afternoon but haven't had a chance to start the TR yet. I hope to have an update by the end of today. We are still going through Disney-withdrawl so hopefully writing the TR will help! (or maybe make it worse)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #29
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #30
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Okay ladies. I'm giving you one last boost. What happened to the report? Would love to hear about it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: