facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2002, 09:24 AM   #1
Tiggerkeeper
DIS Veteran
We have all had a good laugh at my tan in a bottle
Proud mom of a US Marine!

Weight Watcher Recommendations

Help! I have decided after two unsuccessful attempts to loose weight on my own that I am going to check in to WW. Who else is doing WW and would you recommend it? I really need to be accountable to someone other than myself :D
Tiggerkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 12:43 PM   #2
SJCSuzy

DIS Veteran

Cool

Hi Tiggerkeeper

I started WW in March. I'm down 15lbs. It's a slow program but I love being able to eat whatever I want (within my points). I do WW online so I don't go to meetings, but I have a friend doing it too so that helps. With their online program you have access to their online journal and recipes, but don't have access to the books and points calculators they sell at the meeting sights. Good luck and I'll be happy to answer any other questions.

Code:
<Script language='Javascript'>
<!--
//Countdown Timer v2.0
//Written by: James M. Venglarik, II
//Created on: March 28, 2002
var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);
eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 17, 2004 11:00:00 PM EST';");
document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");
document.writeln("<font size=2 color=purple>Countdown to Christmas with Mickey! (Dec 17,2004)</font><br>");
document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='countdown'>");
document.writeln("</form>");
if (theFunction) 
theFunction += "var d = new Date();";
else 
var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";
theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";
theFunction += "var tzo = (c.getTimezoneOffset() - d.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60;";
theFunction += "var diff = ((c - d)/1000) + tzo;";
theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";
theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";
theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";
theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";
theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";
theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";
theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";
theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";
theFunction += "var out = 'Celebrating with the Mouse';";
theFunction += "else ";
theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";
theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.countdown.value = out;";
setInterval(theFunction, 1000);
//-->
</Script>
SJCSuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
iLovDisney
The Dis'er formerly known as Mom-to-3. Add 1751 to post count.

This is Mom-to-3.

I go to the meetings. I joined 12/3/01 and have lost 41.4 pounds. Our center has several leaders and I stay with the one I like. I have a post on this page about the at home kit.
(and occasionally DD#1)
iLovDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 08:59 AM   #4
monte
DIS Veteran

I started WW 10 weeks ago and have lost 13.8 pds, my WW buddy has lost 20pds. I have met alot of supportive people and enjoy the weekly meetings.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:26 AM   #5
Jiminy102
The TF is busy trying to tag people who don't have any tags.
Desperately seeking a mushu!!!!
Enjoys the simple things
Needs her broken flashie thing repaired!!

I do ww but have the at home kit. I really like the freedom it allows you in eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your points!! You will find lots of support on this boars. Many of us are doing the WW program.
Jiminy102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 09:37 AM   #6
vbousk
Earning My Ears

Tiggerkeeper,

I am aa former WW leader who has successfully lost 40lbs and kept it off for 10yrs. If you need and help and guidance please let me know. The program is only as effective as you allow it to be. You will learn there is nothing you can not eat and the results can be life long. I wish you all the success, its can be a long road to lose weight but have realistic goals and expectations. In many cases it has taken years to put on the weight but we expect it to come right off, this is not realistic. Take baby steps and reward yourself when you acheive them and maintain them.
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'November 18, 2002 7:00:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=fuchia>My FIRST Disney Trip</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var tzo = (c.getTimezoneOffset() - d.getTimezoneOffset()) * 60;";theFunction += "var diff = ((c - d)/1000) + tzo;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'How life is meant to be';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
vbousk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 07:20 PM   #7
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

I joined WW on March 19 and have lost 20 lbs. I had lost about 15 before joining WW, but that took me over a year!

Many days I find that I don't eat all my points. I am rarely hungry and I like that you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within a certain range. I crave quarter pounders with cheese, so I plan for it and don't feel guilty!

I have about 30 more pounds to go (by my September WDW trip!) and really, truly feel I can do it with WW.
Old 06-08-2002, 10:59 AM   #8
monte
DIS Veteran

PigPen,

I too have 30 pounds left before Sept.28th. (our WDW trip), maybe we can coach/cheer each other on? Good luck!
Old 06-15-2002, 09:32 PM   #9
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I joined WW almost a year ago, 6/27/01. I lost 32 pounds by the end of November. We went to Disney the beginning of December and I decided I would just like to maintain through the holidays. I did but, the problem is I never really got back on it. I'm still going to the meetings, but I keep going up and down the same 3 or 5 pounds. I start doing the journel and then quit. I need to lose another 30 but am comfortable where I am, l went from a size 16 to 12, bought new clothes, so I kind of lost my motivation to keep going. We had a substitute leader a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned she had the same problem, she was great at maintaining, but it was 30 pounds too high! I got on the scale last week and was up about 5 pounds from my lowpoint and that really scared me, I'm not going to gain this weight back. So I've been doing the journel the last 3 days and hopefully will get back on track. I only have 4 coupons left in my prepaid plan and was thinking about quitting the meetings, but I know if I don't have to face that weekly weigh-in I will probaby gain it back.

It's a great program - 3 coworkers joined at the same time and one lost 68 pounds! The other 2 are like myself, lost 35 - 40 and are maintaining and need to get motivated again to keep going.
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:17 PM   #10
Pig Pen
To all who have come to this happy place...welcome.

Monte -

Sorry - I missed your post and just found it.

I am now down 26 lbs. The loss has slowed a bit, but I feel much better and I actually bought a bathing suit this past week!

Looking forward to my WDW trip in Sept. Where will you be staying?
Old 07-09-2002, 09:08 AM   #11
monte
DIS Veteran

Pig Pen,

26 pounds! That's awesome! I'm stuck at 13 pounds, but I'm keeping a positive attitude, journaling, exercising and attending meetings, so hopefully all start losing again. My husband and I will be staying at the Marriott 9/28 & 9/29, then transfering to the Yacht Club on 9/30, checking out on 10/7. Iam so excited!!! How about you? Where will you be staying? Keep up the good work and let me know how you're losing so much weight.

Last edited by monte; 07-09-2002 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:32 AM   #12
mum4jenn
My dd is the love of my life!!
Sometimes I get the FRITO BANDITO jingle stuck in my head and I have to sing it all day!!!

Tiggerkeeper......
You should join WW. It is one of the best programs out there.I lost around 43 pounds over 20 years ago I did gain it all back and added alot more BUT...IT IS NOT A FAD DIET.It is all about changing the way you eat. You are basiaclly eating the food groups like is recommended.You really can eat ANYTHING you want on it but you have to count the points.You have a certain number of points to eat according to what your weight is.It is recommended to lose safely you should lose apprx. 2 lbs a week. I recently went back but I have not weighed in yet. I am a lifetime member so I really only have to go once a month.I do have to pay until I reach my goal though.This Saturday will be my first week back to weigh. I cant tell what I have done since my scale is crazy.
mum4jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 05:03 PM   #13
danacara
Parlez-vous Francais?
Likes things huge (I know what you're thinking and it's not that!)

I've lost 17 lbs on it, and I have another 17-20 to go. WW is wonderful, I highly recommend it.
danacara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2002, 08:43 AM   #14
monte
DIS Veteran

Way to go Danacara! That's great, keep up the hard work.
Old 07-12-2002, 01:37 PM   #15
mum4jenn
My dd is the love of my life!!
Sometimes I get the FRITO BANDITO jingle stuck in my head and I have to sing it all day!!!

I go this Sat(tomorrow) for my first weigh in since going back.It will be two weeks so I hope its a good day!!!!Hey... this time next year I will be a cutie pie!!
mum4jenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: