Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #1471
katypop
DIS Veteran
 
katypop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: ontario, canada
Posts: 4,443

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2B-2008 View Post
We will be here soon. I have never stayed in this hotel before, I'm a little bit worried about it's size but really looking forward to staying here and being in Disney again

Kathe - We get there the day after you!
Have you made any special requests for the section you'd prefer? I don't think you'll worry once you're there about the size. It is all so beautiful! I love strolling around this resort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
We called this morning and had them note a request for Cabana 8a or 8b on our ressie, I want to be close to the pool. I don't mind so much being far from the food court because I don't see us using it all that much, it's pretty $$ for my taste and we're not on the dining plan this time. I hope we get our request, I'll also be faxing it in 3/4 days ahead of our arrival too. I'm so excited!!
Hope you get your request You will enjoy though, wherever you end up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerBruce View Post
Returned 2 weeks ago from our 8th stay at CSR!

We wanted a Cabana room, but when we arrived nothing was available & nothing was going to be in that section. They did locate us in a new room in Casitas 2, but we were really not happy with that location. Fourth floor, I think, facing the parking lot. In fact, it was a corner room and the window mostly faced an outdoor wall. Very remote. Called the front desk & they did bend over backwards to find us a room in Ranchos 7B, overlooking the quiet pool. Not a king or new refurbished--but we were much happier in this location. The queen bed was very comfy. Actually, very happy to spend one last trip with the old room decor we've loved so much!

Used the Dig Site & our quiet pool a lot, and spent some quality time in some hammocks in the Cabana section. Since we had some arcade minutes with our package, we even played some games in there this trip. Bus service was great as always.

We really like the food at Siesta's, especially the loaded nachos & the chicken caesar wrap. We had a delicious, fresh-made pizza at the Pepper Market. Biggest disappointment of our trip was the change in french fries at both locations. They used to have the best at WDW--large, thick steak fries. Now they are cut thin, with maybe 1/10th the flavor of the old ones. Also, the PM no longer had baked potatoes or some of our other favorites. If this is the direction they are heading, I withdraw my objection to the rumored buffet going in there.

All in all, another great stay. The CM's, housekeeping, transportation, beautiful landscaping & lighting, great pools, & Siesta's will keep us coming back to CSR--even w/o those great fries!!!
Glad you had a good trip. Glad the biggest dissapointment was only french fries Sorry you didn't get to be exactly where you wanted. I do find they try pretty hard there to give requests whenever possible. I've requested the Casitas which is my favourite. I've really wondered if I shouldn't change my request to the Cabanas in order to have more of a chance at a refurbished room, but I've decided it just isn't that important to me. Of course, I might end up in the Cabanas anyway, you never know. My parents were at this resort in Feb in the Cabanas and loved it. They had requested the Casitas but did not get their request. They ended up loving their new room though!

Kathe
__________________

katypop is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #1472
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran
 
Pugrpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,375

DH just ok'd another trip to WDW for free dining! I'm considering Coronado Springs for our stay first week in Oct. I've just had time to read a few pages back in this thread and saw that CS was being refurbished.

Will it be finished completely by Oct.? If not, which sections have been rehabbed?

We've stayed at all the other moderates, AK, Pop, CR, and FW cabins. I like AK best, but we like to try the different resorts. Coronado sounds really nice. DD7 will be with us and I'd like to spend a bit more time at the resort for swimming, etc.
__________________
Lynn

Pugrpooh is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM   #1473
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugrpooh View Post
DH just ok'd another trip to WDW for free dining! I'm considering Coronado Springs for our stay first week in Oct. I've just had time to read a few pages back in this thread and saw that CS was being refurbished.

Will it be finished completely by Oct.? If not, which sections have been rehabbed?

We've stayed at all the other moderates, AK, Pop, CR, and FW cabins. I like AK best, but we like to try the different resorts. Coronado sounds really nice. DD7 will be with us and I'd like to spend a bit more time at the resort for swimming, etc.
The rehab is scheduled to be completed by October 09. They started this past October. They have all four buildings in the Cabanas done, two buildings in the Ranchos and portions of the Casitas. They started Casitas 4 this week.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #1474
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran
 
Pugrpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,375

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The rehab is scheduled to be completed by October 09. They started this past October. They have all four buildings in the Cabanas done, two buildings in the Ranchos and portions of the Casitas. They started Casitas 4 this week.
Thanks! I'll probably book tomorrow. I had first thought we would book POFQ. We stayed there 3 years ago and at POR in Nov. and DD loved the dragon slide at POFQ.

I'll have to go back and read through this thread. I've never paid much attention to CSR before so I've got a lot to learn!
__________________
Lynn

Pugrpooh is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #1475
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugrpooh View Post
Thanks! I'll probably book tomorrow. I had first thought we would book POFQ. We stayed there 3 years ago and at POR in Nov. and DD loved the dragon slide at POFQ.

I'll have to go back and read through this thread. I've never paid much attention to CSR before so I've got a lot to learn!
No problem. We're here if you need us. I'm sure your DD will love the Jaguar Slide (123 feet long!).
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #1476
arbolita
DIS Veteran
 
arbolita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKB72 View Post
Hi everyone!

My DF and I will be staying at CSR for the first time for our honeymoon 9/27-10/3. This is a great thread and very informative about CSR. Is there a particular area maybe I should try to request? I told our travel agent it was our honeymoon but other than that I'm not sure


We're going to be there on our honeymoon the same time as you!!

We're arriving 9/22 and leaving 9/29 =)
__________________
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans


[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!


Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:29 AM   #1477
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better
 
aubriee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East of Dallas
Posts: 14,811

I booked CSR for Dec 12th-20th. I wonder how crowded they'll be for that week. Are there any conventions going on that week? My main doubt about booking this resort is that I am traveling solo (at the moment, at least) and am concerned about being stuck way out in the Ranchos (too far from the food court and plus I think they are ugly). I'm thinking about requesting Casitas 1 or 3 or maybe Cabanas 9 A or B. What would be my best way of avoiding the Ranchos? Would it help to request a water view room. I'd hate to pay for a waterview room though and then be stuck with a view of a quiet pool. If I pay for a water view, I'd want to be facing the lake.

I stayed at CSR once before and did not have a great trip. A cart ran my elderly mom and I off the sidewalk, we both fell to our knees, then we ran into some very unfriendly CMs in the Pepper Market, then to top it off we had some drunk conventioneers for neighbors that I swear stayed drunk and disorderly all week, then one night in the quiet pool, they started hasseling some young girls in their early 20's. We followed the girls back to their room, as they were scared to death, then had to call security to remove one of the drunks from the girls door. I'm hoping for a better trip this time. The one good thing about the trip was that we got upgraded to a great waterview room in Casistas 1.
aubriee is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #1478
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

We have a standard room, water view...what section are they most likely to put us in? I did request Cabanas so I reallllly hope that they can meet that request. But if not, where do you think they might put us?
Thanks!
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #1479
steveq
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Central MASS
Posts: 38

CSR with teens first return to WDW since 2001

Kids getting older and some great deals have our family returning for the first time since 2001. We will be coming Aug 20th - 27th a little nervous about weather (heat, rain, hurricane potential) But 3 deals made it an offer we couldn't refuse
  1. Non-stop round trip air to Sanford $140
  2. Weekly Car rental $210
  3. Free Disney Dine Plus Package

My boys are now 13 and 16. Trying to decide best location to request. I'm thinking Cabanas based on other posts but would like opinions based on my sons ages. Other questions I have or have seen unanswered on other posts:
  1. Other than soap and shampoo what other toiletries are supplied? Trying to avoid airport carryon restrictions
  2. anyone use the "jogging trail" or tredmills in the fitness center? My 16 yr old is captain of his high school XC team and will need to run while at CSR
  3. Are you allowed to bring a small cooler to the pool area? Mostly waters but maybe a beer or 2
  4. Any thoughts experiences on water craft rental?

Sorry to ask so much...kind of anal but I like to know what to expect now rather than figure out on the fly after we arrive.
__________________
All Star Movies 3/1998, Port Orleans 1/1999, 1/2000, 1/2001, Coronado Springs 8/2009
steveq is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM   #1480
caribear
I love WDW!
 
caribear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In a House by the Mouse!
Posts: 2,865

Looking forward to our 5 night stay in May! Does anyone know the hours that the pool slide is usually open? We were hoping to be able to rent a surrey bike, but it looks like the marina is closed in May?? We have a waterview room booked and requested Cabanas 9A or 8B, but I am thinking of changing that to 8A or 8B as I prefer a view of the beach/water as opposed to the quiet pool. Thanks in advance for your reply!
__________________
Upcoming: Cruising again on the Disney Dream 12/08/14
Disney Dream 01/12/14....another adults only adventure!!!
4/27/13 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean...a big surprise for the kids! 10/21/2012 Disney Dream..another adults only adventure!
Disney Dream 01/29/2012 RCCL Navigator of the Seas 4-night Western Caribbean 2/17/2011 RCCL Oasis of the Seas 11/6/2010 - an incredible family vacation!!
Disney Magic 2/6/10 - Western Caribbean 8 night adventure!, Disney Wonder - Bahamas 5/06, Caribbean Princess- Eastern Caribbean 12/05, Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean 12/01, Sovereign of the Seas - Pre-Honeymoon cruise 03/01, Carnival Sensation- Western Caribbean 9/98
caribear is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #1481
LizAgna
DIS Veteran
 
LizAgna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,602

We just upgraded from Pop to CSR for our stay in May. This will be our first stay in anything other than a Value. We are excited about CSR!! I'm confused on something...are all of the beds now queen beds in the rooms with 2 beds? We have 2 DD (5 & 12) what section would be the best for us? We have a standard view room reserved. Thanks!!
__________________
6/1991 Off-site Honeymoon - 2/2001 ASMo...DD#1's first trip - 1/2006 POP...DD#2's first trip - 6/2007 POP KOTS Surprise Birthday Trip for Our Girls!! - 2/2008 ASSp...40th Birthday Trip for Me & DH...Another Surprise for the Girls!! - 8/2008 ASSp...Quick Weekend Trip with Friends - 5/2009 CSR...Our new favorite resort!! - 11/2009 POP...Our first MVMCP!! - 9/2010 AKL...Our first MNSSHP & Free Dining!! - 3/2011 Pop...Spring Break Girl's Trip!!

DH Me DD15 DD8
LizAgna is offline  
Old 04-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #1482
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran
 
Pugrpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,375

I booked this morning for 10/1 - 10/7, waterview. I've been reading the posts and looking at the pics and getting excited about it!

Is there any building better to request in order not to get a pool view as our waterview room? Although, we've not had good luck with requests in the past, it never hurts to try, huh? Maybe the next time we'll get it.
__________________
Lynn

Pugrpooh is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #1483
tink771
DIS Veteran
 
tink771's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Posts: 772

Hi Everybody!

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. Prior to my stay at CSR my car broke down and has been at the dealer now for three weeks. Some of you may recall I also had car problems when I went to Disney in September, seems like a re-occurring theme. So I have been pre-occupied with the drama of the real world!

Anyway, we stayed at Coronado 3/23-3/28/9. We were in Casitas one on the fourth floor and we had wonderful stay. I went with my best friend from up north and now he is now completely in love with Coronado too. He told me from now on our yearly trip to WDW must include a stay at Coronado. It was nice to see he enjoyed CSR as much as I do. Here are a few pics, I'll also post more to the pic thread!




Views from our room:

__________________
ASM-5/8 9/5 1/4 11/3 12/00 ASMO-8/3 ASP-12/10 AKL-4/7 12/4 1/3 CBR-7/4 5/4 7/91 CSR- 5/13 1/13 11/12 5/12 10/9 5/9 3/9 1/9 9/8 3/6 6/6 8/5 7/5 5/5 3/4 5/2 7/00 7/99 POLY-5/7 POP-3/13 9/12 10/11 8/11 5/11 10/10 4/8 9/7 3/7 9/6 10/5 1/5 8/4 2/4 POFQ-3/3 POR-6/2 7/93 SS-3/11WL-92
tink771 is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #1484
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
We have a standard room, water view...what section are they most likely to put us in? I did request Cabanas so I reallllly hope that they can meet that request. But if not, where do you think they might put us?
Thanks!
Sorry so slow in answering guys...I've got a sick dog and have been busy with her.

You either have a standard or you have a water view...they are not the same. Hopefully, you will get the Cabanas as you requested, but there are water view rooms in every section of the resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveq View Post
Kids getting older and some great deals have our family returning for the first time since 2001. We will be coming Aug 20th - 27th a little nervous about weather (heat, rain, hurricane potential) But 3 deals made it an offer we couldn't refuse
  1. Non-stop round trip air to Sanford $140
  2. Weekly Car rental $210
  3. Free Disney Dine Plus Package

My boys are now 13 and 16. Trying to decide best location to request. I'm thinking Cabanas based on other posts but would like opinions based on my sons ages. Other questions I have or have seen unanswered on other posts:
  1. Other than soap and shampoo what other toiletries are supplied? Trying to avoid airport carryon restrictions
  2. anyone use the "jogging trail" or tredmills in the fitness center? My 16 yr old is captain of his high school XC team and will need to run while at CSR
  3. Are you allowed to bring a small cooler to the pool area? Mostly waters but maybe a beer or 2
  4. Any thoughts experiences on water craft rental?

Sorry to ask so much...kind of anal but I like to know what to expect now rather than figure out on the fly after we arrive.
With boys that age and if they are using the fitness center, I think Casitas 4 or 5 would be ideal as it is right by the fitness center/spa. With boys that age, I don't think the walking will matter to them wherever they put you. It is NOT as long as a walk as some people will have you believe.

I am sure you can bring your own small cooler to the pool. I don't see that this is a problem at all. You get shampoo, conditioner, lotion (sometimes), bath soap and bar soap for the sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribear View Post
Looking forward to our 5 night stay in May! Does anyone know the hours that the pool slide is usually open? We were hoping to be able to rent a surrey bike, but it looks like the marina is closed in May?? We have a waterview room booked and requested Cabanas 9A or 8B, but I am thinking of changing that to 8A or 8B as I prefer a view of the beach/water as opposed to the quiet pool. Thanks in advance for your reply!
The slide opens when the lifeguards come on duty and close when they go off duty. The marina is open certain weekends and holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizAgna View Post
We just upgraded from Pop to CSR for our stay in May. This will be our first stay in anything other than a Value. We are excited about CSR!! I'm confused on something...are all of the beds now queen beds in the rooms with 2 beds? We have 2 DD (5 & 12) what section would be the best for us? We have a standard view room reserved. Thanks!!
Yes, the rooms all have queen beds where there were two beds, with the exception of the rooms they are still converting to king rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugrpooh View Post
I booked this morning for 10/1 - 10/7, waterview. I've been reading the posts and looking at the pics and getting excited about it!

Is there any building better to request in order not to get a pool view as our waterview room? Although, we've not had good luck with requests in the past, it never hurts to try, huh? Maybe the next time we'll get it.
I'm not sure if there is a better building to request in order to get a lake view. I believe that is just pixie dust happening. It can't hurt to ask if you could have a view of the lake when you check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink771 View Post
Hi Everybody!

Sorry it has been awhile since my last post. Prior to my stay at CSR my car broke down and has been at the dealer now for three weeks. Some of you may recall I also had car problems when I went to Disney in September, seems like a re-occurring theme. So I have been pre-occupied with the drama of the real world!

Anyway, we stayed at Coronado 3/23-3/28/9. We were in Casitas one on the fourth floor and we had wonderful stay. I went with my best friend from up north and now he is now completely in love with Coronado too. He told me from now on our yearly trip to WDW must include a stay at Coronado. It was nice to see he enjoyed CSR as much as I do. Here are a few pics, I'll also post more to the pic thread!
Welcome back, Tink771. Glad you had another great stay at CSR. Thanks for the pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your car again. That is not fun at all.


For all of those that asked the best section to request, here is the list again to help you decide what to request (but remember...it is only a request and not a guarantee):

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is exceptional. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are close to bus stop #2.

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a “quieter pool” but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Building 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially from the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1 (especially in a rainstorm).

In other words, there is no “best location for everyone”. Each building has its own plusses and minuses. The cast members will be happy to guide you into the building that fits your needs best……..if you let them know what those needs and expectations may be.

Also, for a reality check…….when there is a large convention……not everyone is going to get a room next to the convention center. In fact, most of the rooming blocks are set up by the group having the convention long before any of the convention guests arrive…… Sometimes, there is little cast member latitude on changing those assignments.

As always, if there are special needs that must be addressed, fax the resort a week before arrival. Be sure you are faxing to the resort and not to Walt Disney Travel Company, their booking agency. The resort cast is best able to accommodate special needs. Often guests call the reservation desk with these requests and do not understand that this is not the resort; but a central reservation desk for ALL of Walt Disney World. The fax number is available by calling Walt Disney World information and asking for the front desk operations fax number.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #1485
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran
 
eeyoresnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NW Florida
Posts: 10,015





__________________
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: