Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #1351
amir
Earning My Ears

marathon 2009

Is this a good resort to pick if you are running in the marathon next year?
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #1352
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

If I were JamesLyn and worked at CSR, I'd probably request to work overtime so I'd get to just be on those grounds longer! LOL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #1353
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm not JamesLynn, but I'm going to tell you what I think. Casitas 4 is a large area. It could or could not be done by May 10. I guess that will depend on if they are doing all floors before moving on, etc.

We were in Casitas 3 this past September (it was a surprise upgrade to a suite). It was less than a two minute walk to the main building (registration, food, gift shop, lounge, etc.). It was quite a hike to the main pool from there (although it did not bother us). I think it really depends on what you want to be closest to.
Thanks!

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 04-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #1354
IndianaJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow1213 View Post
Hey everyone! I had a question about dining at CSR.

Does anyone know if the gelato at Cafe Rix is a snack on the dining plan? I looked through the snack list on the restaurant board and found nothing!
Yes, the small gelato counts as a snack. Last week my kids had the coconut and mint chocolate chip. Delicious!

I hope you have fun!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #1355
pediatric-rnp
In loving memory of our dear Mom, MIL, and Nana. 05/17/13 - 06/29/97. You remain in our hearts forever and always.

Regarding conventions at CSR - when we were there last week there were at least 2 going on, and I believe it made our stay there so much nicer! You would never have known the resort was full. No one was around during the daytime!! There was never a line for the buses, like during our previous stays at the Beach Club. The pools weren't busy day or night. The only time we ran into groups of people were at breakfast or lunch and then before dinner, when we would have a drink outside before leaving to go to the various restaurants. Even then, we always found a table to sit at, and it was never unmanageable. That is one of the top reasons we plan to return to CSR, along with it's beauty and the helpfulness/friendliness of the CMs who work there. I was really worried about missing the BC, as we had really enjoyed our stays there, and I didn't think anyplace could top the BC. CSR exceeded our expectations in every way possible, and we will be returning, hopefully for the food & wine festival in fall 2010!

Sept 2012 ~ Food & Wine Festival ~ 30th Wedding Anniv Celebration!
March 20-27, 2010 ~CSR ~ 4/7 Offer ~ Family Trip
Sept 27 - Oct 1, 2009 ~ CSR ~ Food & Wine Festival ~ DH 60th B'day & Our 27th Wedding Anniversary!!
Mar 29 - April 3, 2009 ~ CSR ~ 4/7 Offer ~ My Birthday (First Trip Without the Kids)
April 2004 ~ Beach Club & Disney WONDER Land/Sea
Thanksgiving Week 2002 - ~ Beach Club Concierge
March 1975 ~ Off Site
Old 04-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #1356
soarinfan
Mouseketeer

I'm preparing and I have a bunch of questions I'm hoping you can help with:

1. Do all the guest buildings have elevators? I read that they did, but I just called the resort and they said the Cabanas are two floors with no elevators. Are they right? Do any of the other areas not have elevators?

2. Parking - I've stayed at POR, and there's parking right by each building. Is it the same here? Also, is there valet parking by the main building? Will they park your car for free if you have a handicapped permit?

3. Do all the renovated rooms have the exact same decor? Or do they reflect the theme of the section they're in?

4. Does Laguna bar serve food?

5. I read somewhere on the boards that the internal transportation with the golf carts is going to be taken away. Is that really true, and if so, do you know when that will be?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #1357
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

...and CSR is so lovely, with 3 bldg themes within one resort, it's difficult to decide which to request! Cannot go wrong with any room location, but I sure love those pretty fountains. ::yes:

And how about those hammocks?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:20 PM   #1358
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarinfan View Post

1. Do all the guest buildings have elevators? I read that they did, but I just called the resort and they said the Cabanas are two floors with no elevators. Are they right? Do any of the other areas not have elevators? I've enver stayed in the Cabanas so I'm not sure about the elevators. Hopefully, someone who has stayed in the Cabanas can answer this (I thought in the past I read all buildings have elevators).

2. Parking - I've stayed at POR, and there's parking right by each building. Is it the same here? Also, is there valet parking by the main building? Will they park your car for free if you have a handicapped permit? There is parking by each building at the CSR.

3. Do all the renovated rooms have the exact same decor? Or do they reflect the theme of the section they're in? The decor is the same in all of the rooms from what I've seen as far as photos people have posted. Now perhaps if pictures are hung on the walls in the room they might be different to fit with the theme...I don't know as I have not seen them first hand yet.

4. Does Laguna bar serve food? Not that I am aware of (except maybe nuts/pretzels).

5. I read somewhere on the boards that the internal transportation with the golf carts is going to be taken away. Is that really true, and if so, do you know when that will be? Already been taken away. They only use that for luggage transport and if a convention hires them to drive convention attendees around. However, depending on the driver, you will occasionally see them stopping to ask if someone wants a ride. We've been asked every trip; we've never used them because we enjoy the walk.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!
I answered in red.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #1359
frankenpooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir View Post
Is this a good resort to pick if you are running in the marathon next year?
YES -- my DH and I stayed at CSR to do the 1/2 marathon this past January. You will see lots of Team in Training runners there. We had a car and drove to Epcot for the race start (got to sleep a little later than riding the bus in at 3 a.m.). The resort is in a great, central location, and the refurbished rooms are very nice!

I run so I can go to WDW every January WDW Half Marathon 2007, 2009, 2010; WDW Full Marathon 2008; Next Family Trip: August 2009 at BWI

Old 04-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #1360
soarinfan
Mouseketeer

Thanks KatMark! I do have follow-up questions:

Would you happen to know if there's valet at the main building?

Do people use the Disney park buses to get around inside the resort, or is that too impractical with the waiting times?

Also, when you check in, will they ride you to your room with your luggage, or do you need to get there on your own?
Old 04-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #1361
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks KatMark! I do have follow-up questions:

Would you happen to know if there's valet at the main building?
Good questioin...never noticed as we don't use it.

Do people use the Disney park buses to get around inside the resort, or is that too impractical with the waiting times? I have talked to people who have gotten on the bus at the first stop, Stop 2, and take it to Stop 1, which is El Centro (registration, shop, restaurants), etc. if they didn't feel like taking the walk. To me, I could have walked there faster than walking to the bus stop and waiting for the bus. But that's just me. As I said, DH and I enjoy walking (the only kind of exercise you'll see me doing much of), so we never bother with the buses or shuttle.

Also, when you check in, will they ride you to your room with your luggage, or do you need to get there on your own?
Yes, if you ask, they will take you to your room on the shuttle...I've seen it numerous times. We never use that as we rent a car and park by our building and bring in our own luggage. But I have seen them do it on a number of occasions.

Here you go.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #1362
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:

1. Do all the guest buildings have elevators? I read that they did, but I just called the resort and they said the Cabanas are two floors with no elevators. Are they right? Do any of the other areas not have elevators?
We stayed on the second floor in March in Cabanas 8A. Our building had an elevator.... I would assume that if 1 cabanas had one then all the cabanas would have 1.

We loved CSR. Enjoy your stay!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #1363
soarinfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
We stayed on the second floor in March in Cabanas 8A. Our building had an elevator.... I would assume that if 1 cabanas had one then all the cabanas would have 1. 1:
I would think you're right about that! Thanks for the info. I believe the Cabanas have two floors - is that correct? Some of the other buildings look really tall.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #1364
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would think you're right about that! Thanks for the info. I believe the Cabanas have two floors - is that correct? Some of the other buildings look really tall.
The Cabanas are two stories; Ranchos are three stories and the Casitas are three or four stories--depending on which one you are in.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #1365
soarinfan
Mouseketeer

I read that the Ranchos were two or three stories - is that wrong? I personally would prefer a lower floor.

Would you happen to know if internet in the rooms is wireless?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: