Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #1636
eag119
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
We are from Western, PA and will be there on the 10th.
Nice! I'm sure you will notice our steeler shirts around the pool!

And when I yell "Hey Yinz guys better slow down" to my kids... you will know it is me.

Just kidding... I never yell Yinz, but imagine our accents are very noticable.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:20 AM   #1637
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

We are checking into CSR in 9 days. (woot, single digit dance ) I am getting ready in 5-6 days or so to fax in our room request. What is the very latest on what renovated areas are done?

I know the Cabanas, some of the Ranchos, and a bit of Casitas. Any more info on what has been finished most recently in the Casitas? We were hoping for that section as we did the Cabanas last time.

Thanks so much!! I will certainly post photos upon my return. So excited to be returning "home."

danielle

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL). Next: Feb15(OKW) & Nov15(DCL Magic). Other: Nov13(VBR), Oct14 (DCL Dream), Nov14(VBR)
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!

Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 10:09 AM   #1638
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubeast View Post
We are checking into CSR in 9 days. (woot, single digit dance ) I am getting ready in 5-6 days or so to fax in our room request. What is the very latest on what renovated areas are done?

I know the Cabanas, some of the Ranchos, and a bit of Casitas. Any more info on what has been finished most recently in the Casitas? We were hoping for that section as we did the Cabanas last time.

Thanks so much!! I will certainly post photos upon my return. So excited to be returning "home."

danielle
Have a great time, Danielle. As of now, all of the Cabanas are done, Ranchos 6A and 6B, 3rd floors of Casitias 1, 2 and 3. They are currently working on Casitas 4. I don't think it will be done by the time you get there as it takes each building about a month and I think they've only been working on it a couple of weeks.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #1639
JSG
Mouseketeer

Room requests for convention reservations?

Does anyone know if there's flexibility in room assignments if the reservation was made through a convention, or do they usually need to keep the group/reservations together? Do I just handle it like a normal room request, or do I need to go through the convention reservation maker? We'll be going in mid-June, but I have extended the reservation by several days on each side, so only 2 out of 6 days we're there are for my convention (will be odd to also be working, but it's sure helping with travel costs!).

My instinct right now is the Cabanas section (which one, haven't determined, though I'd love suggestions!). It will be me (six months pregnant at the time)and DH and DS (3), so centrality is pretty important, though I have no need to right on top of the pool, PM, etc. I'd prefer a little quiet. A renovated room (and a queen size bed!) are probably even more important.

We've done all the other moderates (though not in years) and all the values, so I'm excited to experience CSR for the first time.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #1640
hfdoyle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
They make the standard four cups of coffee.

Are there filters in the room or should I bring some from home?

POR 3/2001
CSR April 20-27 '09

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfvs9i4cjx.png[/img]
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #1641
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfdoyle View Post
Are there filters in the room or should I bring some from home?
Bring them from home. If I'm not mistaken, the coffee is already in the sealed filter that they furnish (I can't remember for sure because we don't drink that horrible coffee).
Old 04-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #1642
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSG View Post
Does anyone know if there's flexibility in room assignments if the reservation was made through a convention, or do they usually need to keep the group/reservations together? Do I just handle it like a normal room request, or do I need to go through the convention reservation maker? We'll be going in mid-June, but I have extended the reservation by several days on each side, so only 2 out of 6 days we're there are for my convention (will be odd to also be working, but it's sure helping with travel costs!).

My instinct right now is the Cabanas section (which one, haven't determined, though I'd love suggestions!). It will be me (six months pregnant at the time)and DH and DS (3), so centrality is pretty important, though I have no need to right on top of the pool, PM, etc. I'd prefer a little quiet. A renovated room (and a queen size bed!) are probably even more important.

We've done all the other moderates (though not in years) and all the values, so I'm excited to experience CSR for the first time.

First, congratulations on the new baby! The convention people are put in different parts of the resort...depending on how big the convention is. They are often in the Cabanas and Casitas 1 and 2 and then also the Ranchos if a really large convention. I would request the Cabanas as you mentioned and I would let them know that you are pregnant and it would be beneficial to you to be close to the convention center. Casitas 1 is right next to the convention center but that might not be as quiet as the Cabanas section (we've done Casitas 3, 4 and 5 and never had an issue with noise). The Ranchos, which we've never stayed in, are supposedly very quiet...but then they are also the farthest from everything.

Any other questions, ask away and we'll get back to you or send me a PM if you want.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #1643
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Bring them from home. If I'm not mistaken, the coffee is already in the sealed filter that they furnish (I can't remember for sure because we don't drink that horrible coffee).
So your saying you don't like the coffee??

My DW is picky about coffee and she made a cup in the room every morning. She never said anything about it? You wouldn't get me trying it. I'll take the pressed pot at Kona any day though!!!!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #1644
NYY2SMP
Mouseketeer

does anybody know how much laptop rentals at CSR cost

Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #1645
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
So your saying you don't like the coffee??

My DW is picky about coffee and she made a cup in the room every morning. She never said anything about it? You wouldn't get me trying it. I'll take the pressed pot at Kona any day though!!!!
Nope, don't like the coffee. I actually no longer drink "coffee"...I have a cappucino or two every day from Starbucks so I'm really spoiled. And DH loves his Dunkin Donuts coffee. That Nescacrap is just BAD.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #1646
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Nope, don't like the coffee. I actually no longer drink "coffee"...I have a cappucino or two every day from Starbucks so I'm really spoiled. And DH loves his Dunkin Donuts coffee. That Nescacrap is just BAD.
We have the Keurig K-cup coffee maker at home. DW been drinking the green mountain one's lately. They have a Kona blend that is good too(I'll have one every once in a while) She also seems to stop at DD and get a Iced Carmel Latte or french vanilla coffee. I'd hate to see her with out her coffee though. LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #1647
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have the Keurig K-cup coffee maker at home. DW been drinking the green mountain one's lately. They have a Kona blend that is good too(I'll have one every once in a while) She also seems to stop at DD and get a Iced Carmel Latte or french vanilla coffee. I'd hate to see her with out her coffee though. LOL
Tim, you NEVER want to see a woman without her coffee!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #1648
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Tim, you NEVER want to see a woman without her coffee!
LOL that is true.

Hey i just hit 400 posts!!!!!! only 8500 to catch up to you
Old 04-16-2009, 04:08 PM   #1649
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL that is true.

Hey i just hit 400 posts!!!!!! only 8500 to catch up to you
You can take my "job" of keeping people informed of CSR updates and you could pass me in no time.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #1650
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY2SMP View Post
does anybody know how much laptop rentals at CSR cost
I answered this in the other spot it was posted. No, I'm sorry I don't. My husband would disown me if I even looked at a computer while on vacation. Unless someone else knows, I'd suggest you call the CSR and ask them to switch you to the business center to see if they can give you the price.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: