Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 AM   #1021
dykaga
Earning My Ears

Rooms

I just booked 2 ajoining rooms for my family last night. Any suggestions on what area I should request. I have 2 toddlers and I'm thinking somewhere near a bus stop. But I'm sure they are going to love the pool. And of course somewhere a little quite since they go to sleep around 8pm. Thanks I'm so excited I havn't been to Disney since 2000.
dykaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #1022
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykaga View Post
I just booked 2 ajoining rooms for my family last night. Any suggestions on what area I should request. I have 2 toddlers and I'm thinking somewhere near a bus stop. But I'm sure they are going to love the pool. And of course somewhere a little quite since they go to sleep around 8pm. Thanks I'm so excited I havn't been to Disney since 2000.
Check out this post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...12&postcount=5
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #1023
EstherS
Mouseketeer

To all those leaving soon HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!
April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2015 or 2016 depending on when I find a job.
EstherS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #1024
MomPOM
DIS Veteran

I just booked our room for 2/5-2/9. Whooo hoooo!!!!! Now to call and leave my room request.

1990s - My First trip - Disney Villas
2007 - Hubby and son's first trip - AKL
2009 - Coronado Springs
Feb 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
MomPOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #1025
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Pepper Market Question

Okay I read an old post from back in 2005 that said at the bakery there are dessert levels and the DDP only covers Level 1 desserts. Is this still the case? I just want to make sure I get what I'm supposed to when putting together my counter service meal at Pepper Market.
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM   #1026
moonpie85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherS View Post
To all those leaving soon HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!
Thanks!
October 2011- Pop Adoption Celebration Trip
December 2013- Pop Holiday Palooza

Me DH DD3 Pommie Weenie

moonpie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:41 PM   #1027
rbramblett
Mouseketeer

Planning our first Disney vacation. We are going to stay at CRS (looks beautiful). Can you recomend the best rooms to ask for. Going in September. Me (40) DH (41) DS (9) and DS(5). Maybe by the pool or playground??
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #1028
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbramblett View Post
Planning our first Disney vacation. We are going to stay at CRS (looks beautiful). Can you recomend the best rooms to ask for. Going in September. Me (40) DH (41) DS (9) and DS(5). Maybe by the pool or playground??
Try this link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...12&postcount=5

We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5 which is near the quiet pool and the fitness center/spa (note, we travel alone as our kids are in college). It takes us five minutes to walk to the main building (food court, gift shop, etc.) and about eight minutes to the main pool.

Sorry....the link didn't work. So I am copying and pasting here what Buzz suggests:
Guest room locations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many guests read or hear about cabana 9b or low numbered casita buildings but not all guests will be able to get a room in those buildings or may need a room in those buildings. These are not necessarily the best locations for every guest, in fact not best for most. (As of 01/2009, cabana 9b will no longer be available as a standard/waterview room building. This building is being converted to CLUB LEVEL rooms.)

For conventioneers the Casitas 1 or 3 are often the best. These are close to the convention center; but quite a distance from pools and bus stops.

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is exceptional. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are close to bus stop #2.

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a “quieter pool” but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Building 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially from the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1 (especially in a rainstorm).

In other words, there is no “best location for everyone”. Each building has its own plusses and minuses. The cast members will be happy to guide you into the building that fits your needs best……..if you let them know what those needs and expectations may be.

Also, for a reality check…….when there is a large convention……not everyone is going to get a room next to the convention center. In fact, most of the rooming blocks are set up by the group having the convention long before any of the convention guests arrive…… Sometimes, there is little cast member latitude on changing those assignments.

As always, if there are special needs that must be addressed, fax the resort a week before arrival. Be sure you are faxing to the resort and not to Walt Disney Travel Company, their booking agency. The resort cast is best able to accommodate special needs. Often guests call the reservation desk with these requests and do not understand that this is not the resort; but a central reservation desk for ALL of Walt Disney World. The fax number is available by calling Walt Disney World information and asking for the front desk operations fax number.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. (As of 01/2009, cabana 9b will no longer be available as a standard/waterview room building. This building is being converted to CLUB LEVEL rooms.)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:50 AM   #1029
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Try this link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...12&postcount=5

We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5 which is near the quiet pool and the fitness center/spa (note, we travel alone as our kids are in college). It takes us five minutes to walk to the main building (food court, gift shop, etc.) and about eight minutes to the main pool.

Sorry....the link didn't work. So I am copying and pasting here what Buzz suggests:
Guest room locations
Thanks Kathy!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #1030
Athcup
Earning My Ears

Cool Room Renovation Timeline??

Anyone have an idea where they currently are with the CSR room renovations and/or their schedule? I have read that all of the CSR rooms now have queen beds (yes!) but have also read that the rooms will be going through complete renovations over the next few months.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

KP

Athcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #1031
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athcup View Post
Anyone have an idea where they currently are with the CSR room renovations and/or their schedule? I have read that all of the CSR rooms now have queen beds (yes!) but have also read that the rooms will be going through complete renovations over the next few months.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

KP

Not over the next few months, over the next year. They just started in casita 1 on a few floors. This isn't just new bedspreads and borders, they are completely redoing everything in the rooms, including the furniture. It will be awhile before its complete.
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #1032
Otootles
Mouseketeer

Thanks Katmark, I called reservations and requested top floor at casitas 5.
Hope we get it!

Harry
Otootles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #1033
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otootles View Post

Hope we get it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed!!!!
Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #1034
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otootles View Post

Hope we get it!
Great views from there. That is where we stayed our very first trip to CSR.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #1035
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3668 View Post

Great pics!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: