Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #1006
snowbunny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr28326 View Post
Can you walk to any of the parks from Coronado or is it bus only? TA told me you could walk to AK or Epcot.
travel agents
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #1007
shannon1219
DIS Veteran

We leave for our first ever CSR trip on Dec 14th can't wait thanks to all of the great reviews.
/ WL MNSSHP- OCT 2006 / POP- JUNE 2007 / FIRST EVER DL TRIP SEPT 2007/ POP- JUNE 2008 / CSR DEC 2008 / POP MNSSHP- OCT 2009/ GADGAD-October 2010/ Off site June 2011/ POP NOV 2011/ POFQ- OCT 2012/ We moved to FL

shannon1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2008, 05:07 AM   #1008
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Here is our travel story if you'd like to see it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28703349

I'll post more as we go along, but it's mid 80's and humid, not exactly November weather. Tomorrow supposed to be hot also, then the bottom drops out (to a point).

CSR is still beautiful as always. Of course we requested Cabana 9B, and of course, it's kinda getting stuff done to it right now. So I had asked if our room from last year was available. It wasnt, I had booked a standard view, but after smiling right to the young lady working the check in, we got a water view. Now, most people like 1st floor, and they were going to do that, and I kinda frowned and said we like upper floors so we dont have to listen to people above us. Heck, I didnt know CSR casitas had 4 floors That's were I'm at and LOVE IT. Beatufil water view that I'll post later. Casita 3 much more on the 'El Centro' end. Hey, I asked for a suite but couldnt smile good enough for that .

Ate at pepper market, and got our mugs!!! So here we are!!!

Oh, btw, what exactly is in a wet burrito.. I've seen pics of it, but what's in it??
Have a great trip!!

The wet burrito has rice, beans, chicken or steak, tomatoes, lettuce and much more. It's huge, covered in cheese and delicious.
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 AM   #1009
DisneyTabby
I Luv Disney

We've scheduled our first stay for March 11-18th. Will the rooms all be remodeled by then? We requested Cabana 9b or 9a for our stay. I've stayed at all the other Moderates this will be our first CSR experience.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:22 AM   #1010
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyTabby View Post
We've scheduled our first stay for March 11-18th. Will the rooms all be remodeled by then? We requested Cabana 9b or 9a for our stay. I've stayed at all the other Moderates this will be our first CSR experience.
Cabana 9b is out of the question unless you upgrade to club level. I doubt the cabanas will be done by then because I think I read they started with the casitas.
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #1011
pooh2001
been there, done that, TRYING to go back

I can not wait for 2010 and all the CSR renovations to be completed !

Why not just ask for the Cabana section and a nice view ? That is what we will do. We have never been disapointed by any room WDW has given us (or Starwood - Dolphin).

When we stayed at the CR, we were bumped from the Garden Wing to the Tower. Our room was on the Chef Mickey side and you could hear the Chef Mickey Celebration song from our bathroom in the AM and PM - but hey we were in the Tower). From our CR Tower room, if you looked down you saw the convention building roof, the bus stop, cars driving in, but if you looked straight across we saw MK fire works, the monoral and some rides in MK.
Maybe it was not the best CR Tower room if you were paying $400/night - but again, we had a great bargain, $250/night for a CR Tower room duing Memorial Day week. We enjoyed every minute of it.

At the Dolphin, we paid for a standard room at an AAA rate. Since we are starwood members and repeat guests - we were bumped to a Wing room which over looked the pools and you could see AK from the room. We also had a balcony - a nice plus. But from the balcony, if you looked up to your right, we saw the base of the Dolphin statue, nice and close. Again we paid $235 for a balcony room in the outside Dolphin Wing, for 12 nights, during Easter weeks, peak time.

So, we let WDW pick our room. Every room may have something bad about it, but let the magic of WDW be your guide and you will enjoy.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #1012
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
OK... Finally some pics for you all. Wasn't using my DSLR so these arent the best. But the view from our room..

From the courtyard around the corner

Another view from our floor around the corner

View toward the Marina / El Centro straight out from our room along the lake
Awesome, thanks for posting!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:50 AM   #1013
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
From room #1454 in Casitas 1 (standard view):

Just around the corner from my room:

more Casitas 1:

El Centro:

Loved it and can't wait to go back!
Great pics!!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #1014
nikki'smom
Mouseketeer

Great pics everyone!!
nikki'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:17 AM   #1015
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinodis View Post
I am here now and it is a wonderful resort! This place is so beautiful and so nice and quiet. The beds are so comfortable and plenty of room for a couple that is used to a king. The pool is amazing. I can see why Buzz has been coming here for so long. The buses have been fine for us. We are staying in Casitas 4. The only thing wrong with our stay is that it is too short!!
Glad you are enjoying CSR! Can't wait to read your full report!
Old 11-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #1016
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!
Old 11-18-2008, 05:12 AM   #1017
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candeeapril View Post
Just wanted to say "Hello!" We just got back last night. Had a wonderful trip!
Coronado is a beautiful resort! Loved the PM! Bus service was also great!

Sorry Jamey I never got in to meet you. I was always in bed by 10:30:

I loved our location at building 9A however it did NOT have queen beds yet!

We overlooked the quiet pool and that was wonderful. Not to far for bus stop 4, Dig Site or El centro.

Hope everyone has a great trip!
Glad you had a great trip!!
Old 11-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #1018
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMtnCrew View Post
I got back from CSR yesterday afternoon, and all I can say is WOW! What an absolutely beautiful resort! We were in casitas 2, ground floor, standard view. CSR is fantastic! I loved how in the mornings people were having breakfast and sipping coffee by the lake, very relaxing! Mousekeeping did a good job, Pepper Market was a lot of fun! We had such a magical trip, no one would believe all the magical things that happened to us. If anyone is celebrating a birthday while in WDW make sure you get your birthday pin and where it everyday. The CM at checkin told my mom to wear her pin, and all of the "Happy Birthday"s from CM's was so nice. Buses were excellent, longest wait was for an Epcot bus on Sunday morning, waited about 23 minutes, no big deal. The parks were barren. MK was a little crowded on Saturday, longest standby I saw was 40 mins for BTMRR and the longest at Epcot was 45 mins for Soarin. Otherwise, it was usually a 5-20 min wait, some rides weren't even using the fastpasses, there was no need to. Thanks to everyone for the advice and tips about CSR...I would stay there again for certain!
Glad you had a great trip!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 AM   #1019
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrotzoll View Post
Just back on Monday night. Haven't had an opportunity to download pics yet, but I will post some when I am done.

Amazing trip! Loved CSR. Couldn't have asked for a better room! Cabanas 8B. Corner room & beautiful view!

I'll write more later, but just wanted to say hello to everyone!
Looking forward to your review!!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:17 AM   #1020
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrotzoll
Just back on Monday night. Haven't had an opportunity to download pics yet, but I will post some when I am done.

Amazing trip! Loved CSR. Couldn't have asked for a better room! Cabanas 8B. Corner room & beautiful view!

I'll write more later, but just wanted to say hello to everyone!
Can't wait to read your full report!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: