Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 AM   #286
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Lovely photo!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #287
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #288
msr709
DIS Veteran

Haven't been in 2 years and Buzz's latest picture made me think, what kind of toiletries are they leaving in the rooms now? TIA
AoA May 2014; CSR July 2009; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 AM   #289
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

buzz has a photo in FAQ thread #3. They leave H20 Aquatics Products.

Here is the link.
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=16
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 PM   #290
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

like this?
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #291
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamia2 View Post
we stayed at CSR last July (the week of July 4th). Before we got there, I was really nervous about staying there because it was "only" a moderate. On previous trips we have stayed at SOG (1 time) and the Contemporary (4 times); but this time we were going with my sister and her family and she was trying to keep the cost down a little bit. I admit I was a hotel snob!! But, let me tell you it exceeded all of my expectations. When we checked in there was only one other family in front of us and then it was our turn. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We loved the Pepper Market, and our rooms were clean. In fact in my room the carpet was still damp - I guess they washed it - it smelled really clean. One of my favorite parts about the room was that there was a curtain that you could pull over and use as a changing room right outside the bathroom (all of the resorts should have this). The bus service was good also. We only had to stand once during the week we were there (and that might have been on the 4th of July). Most times the busses were empty. We never waited more than a few minutes for one (I guess our timing was good). I also liked the gift shop (that's a little weird, right?). I found almost all of my souveniers right there. We did leave our housekeeper a small tip everyday ($5) and everyday she would right us a short not thanking us.

We are going to Disney this summer (in August) and we will be staying at the Contemporary this time. We are a family of 5 and to get two rooms at CSR was going to be more money than the Contemporary. Last trip my sister only had 3 people in her room, so my son stayed in their room. (we also had connecting rooms). I'm a little disappointed that we aren't staying at CSR again. I think we are going to try to have lunch at the Pepper Market (it counts as a counter service meal on the dining plan).
Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 AM   #292
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Dig Site pool:

Great pics Alan!!
Old 06-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #293
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post

I just love these photos too!!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #294
msr709
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilolvr View Post
buzz has a photo in FAQ thread #3. They leave H20 Aquatics Products.

Here is the link.
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...7&postcount=16
Thanks for the link and info. I didn't know there was an added FAQ link for CSR, I'm enjoying it so much, I can't wait until the next day to see the new pictures posted. Thanks again to you and BUZZ!!
AoA May 2014; CSR July 2009; CSR/Hard Rock Hotel Aug. 2008 (DSis, DNc, DNph & Me); DCL 7-day Western Caribbean Oct. 2006; POP Century July 2005 (Solo); RPR/ASMo (Whole Fa.)Aug/Sept 2004; Disneyland, the Original (DSIL & Me-HOJO Jul/Aug. 2003; CB/Royal Pacific Jul. 2002 (Solo); The Grosvenor and HRH (Mom & Me) Dec. 2001; ASMu and HRH (DNc&Me) Aug. 2001; ASMo (Mom&Me) Jan. 2000; HoJO (DD, DSis, DNc & Me) 1995

msr709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 AM   #295
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Is this the bus stop from Casitas? Can you make it back to your room under from the bus stop without getting wet? Also, one of your photos looks like there are balcony rooms on the back side of the resort. Are there any rooms with balconies?

Thanks! I'm thinking of switching to Casitas. Where would you suggest if I wanted to have a covered walk from my room to the main building or bus stop?

Thank you.

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL

Last edited by stepdisney; 06-05-2008 at 12:59 PM.
stepdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #296
sabalpalms
Earning My Ears

Great Hotel!

Loved it!

Two complaints, which have nothing to do with the hotel.

Complaint 1: I tagged along for my boyfriend's convention, and we didn't get to go to any of the parks We had a wedding in New Orleans the day after the convention so after his 3 days of meetings, we had to hop on a plane. I wish we could have extended our stay...I mean if you're already there, right?

Pools:
I did get to enjoy their pools which were nice (and I'm a fan of waterslides so I had to go on it LOL, it was fun). The pools were clean, clear, peaceful and quiet.

Food:
I can't rate the food because we always went to another hotel to eat, not that we had anything against the food here, we just wanted to go to some other restaurants that we've missed in the past.

Complaint 2: The other thing that sucked was we got put in a double room instead of a king. I called the front desk, asked to speak with a manager, yada yada, and there were simply no other rooms available due to the convention. At the time it seemed a lot worse than it really was (you're tired and cranky from the plane, etc). Since we didn't make the reservation's ourselves and his company did, we don't know what specific room was paid for or requested by them (even though we requested to his company a king room). There was nothing the Coronado could do and it wasn't their fault. They offered for us to switch hotels, but that didn't make sense since his conference was there (I blame his HORRIBLE company LOL). But it wasn't that bad...we had a nap bed, and then an actual sleep bed! However, if I was there for quite a few days it would get annoying.

Hotel Grounds:
There are a lot of grounds to cover, but if you leave time it's a really pretty walk. If you don't feel like walking, you can call the front desk and they send a golf cart for you, which we had to do for our luggage). Unless you have a medical reason why you can't walk, I don't see why some people complain the hotel is too large. There's really not THAT much walking. Especially considering when you go to a theme park you do MUCH more walking than to a bus stop.

Final Thoughts:
Most of the time we've gone we've stayed offsite, mostly because my parents have a Marriott Timeshare, which we LOVE. However, we really LOVE staying on site. We would def. stay here again, but we want to try the other Disney hotels first, not because we didn't like it here (cause we did), but we want to try to stay at them all!
sabalpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #297
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

My mom & I finally tried CSR in April and I doubt we'll ever stay at another mod or even a Value again if we have the choice.

I was worried about the size of the resort but it wasn't a problem at all. I had asked to be in Casitas 4 or 5 and we got 5, the bus stop was accross the parking lot, maybe a 3 minute walk. If that.

We weren't far from El Centro either. The staff was friendly, the new shop is great, I liked the fact that you can still fill your mug at Panchito's (I think that's what it's called) until about 2am after Pepper Market closes. We had lunch at Pepper Market and the food was great. Lots of options.

The shop is really nice. Buses were perfect, I think we never waited more than 10mns and only had to stand once.

The only problem we had is that the hot tub was really crowded and we were never able to use it - but we were only there 4 nights. Oh yeah, and I couldn't find a resort pin to add to my collection.

A few pics from outside

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #298
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
My mom & I finally tried CSR in April and I doubt we'll ever stay at another mod or even a Value again if we have the choice.

I was worried about the size of the resort but it wasn't a problem at all. I had asked to be in Casitas 4 or 5 and we got 5, the bus stop was accross the parking lot, maybe a 3 minute walk. If that.

We weren't far from El Centro either. The staff was friendly, the new shop is great, I liked the fact that you can still fill your mug at Panchito's (I think that's what it's called) until about 2am after Pepper Market closes. We had lunch at Pepper Market and the food was great. Lots of options.

The shop is really nice. Buses were perfect, I think we never waited more than 10mns and only had to stand once.

The only problem we had is that the hot tub was really crowded and we were never able to use it - but we were only there 4 nights. Oh yeah, and I couldn't find a resort pin to add to my collection.

A few pics from outside

I got a resort pin when I was there last year (I think it was the 10th anniversary pin). If you would like, I would be happy to look for a pin for you while we are there in September.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #299
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Is this the bus stop from Casitas? Can you make it back to your room under from the bus stop without getting wet?
Thanks! I'm thinking of switching to Casitas. Where would you suggest if I wanted to have a covered walk from my room to the main building or bus stop?
That's bus stop #1 next to El Centro. Casitas is stop #2 and there's no covered walkway but it really isn't far from the building at all.

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #300
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Is this the bus stop from Casitas? Can you make it back to your room under from the bus stop without getting wet? Also, one of your photos looks like there are balcony rooms on the back side of the resort. Are there any rooms with balconies?

Thank you.
I do not recall ever seeing balconies at the CSR and I am pretty sure there are none. If you want Casitas, ask for Building 1 as that is the one connected where you can walk under the cover and avoid getting wet. I am sure there is a way if you were in Building 5 that you can zig zag through the buildings and avoid that, but they can be confusing at times and you might end up lost. And we dont want that to happen! We stay in 4 or 5 because we like to be by the quiet pool and the spa.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: