Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #121
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

Stopping in to say "hey" to a fellow Marylander! (well, I will be for a couple more months )

Your boys are adorable!!

Whereabouts in Maryland are you guys? We live outside of Baltimore (closer to D.C. then PA).

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM   #122
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
HI! My toddler has a day off Montessori school today, so I had to stay home...
They gave me an "official" reservation, and for the Neverland Club, no, I don't believe so, I needed it for the Pirate cruise, but I don't think she did it for Neverland Club.... They asked for it at Cali Grill TOO. They just wanted a start time, and an "approximate" end time.. you didn't have to commit to the end time, I gave three hours, that is what I had been planning... you can make that reservation like dining. I got the same long long #!

I did get what I wanted, mostly, it was pretty crazy though!
Yeay for a three-day weekend!

Thanks for all the information about the kids' club -- I always like to know what to expect when I call, and I have never made reservations for something like that before.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #123
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Another 3 day weekend here too.

Zachary usually doesn't go to school on Fridays, but he had an extra day off yesterday for teacher conferences. Alex has today off for teacher in-service training. It just throws off my whole week!

I'm glad to be escaping away with DH this weekend.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #124
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
Stopping in to say "hey" to a fellow Marylander! (well, I will be for a couple more months )

Your boys are adorable!!

Whereabouts in Maryland are you guys? We live outside of Baltimore (closer to D.C. then PA).
Oh! Hello! Well, we are in MoCo, so probably on the other side of the beltway

Thanks for the compliment, they are characters. I see you have THREE boys Just my luck that will be me one day! Seriously, though I have some great examples of three-boy families, so I wouldn't mind

Thanks for stopping by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for a three-day weekend!

Thanks for all the information about the kids' club -- I always like to know what to expect when I call, and I have never made reservations for something like that before.
Me either, but I really wanted to do a special B-day dinner for us, KWIM? Another plus, is that they serve dinner! There are two dinner times included for the kids, standard fare they can order, but it is "included" in the $, so that left me with two TS credits that I had to find a home for... darn.... I don't know if I can find another Disney ADR... think I am up for the challenge?!?!? It would be OOP for us, but we don't have to eat a lot, I can do just fine with an appetizer and a drink

The cost for the Kids' club is just an expense, but we are not doing park hoppers or the waterparks, so it was a better choice for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Another 3 day weekend here too.

Zachary usually doesn't go to school on Fridays, but he had an extra day off yesterday for teacher conferences. Alex has today off for teacher in-service training. It just throws off my whole week!

I'm glad to be escaping away with DH this weekend.
Oh my! Yes it is unexpected these days! The public school system has the following monday off, the 30th, and DS3 has school, but DS6 doesn't! It is okay, he gets to be "Momma's boy" - we have a few plans today, Target , a scooter ride (he has a Razor) some painting and NO big brother time And while he naps, I get to do housework. Oh isn't that fun... well, it leaves less for tomorrow!
Enjoy your weekend away!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-21-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #125
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

You got the ADRs done!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #126
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Another silver lining from my ADR's

WELL, one great plus from the ADRs of yesterday, was when I presented our options to my DH, and told him we were going to do a lunch ADR vs. dinner and that we had to decide Chefs for lunch or Tutto's for dinner, he looked at the menu and said he didn't think the lunch $ was that much, and why use our DDP credits for that. So I said okay, we can cancel that one and just do QS lunch and TS dinner, and then he said, "na, just keep it, the crepes look good, it won't be much $ and the boys can see Remy." He really wanted to have the scallops at Chefs! But the french onion soup and crepes were a big distraction for him... so we will be going to Tutto's after all... SO unless I can get a Chefs ADR for dinner, I just got another TS ADR for all my trouble! I also am reminding myself that we are going back in December, and we have more choices to look forward to
I have some photos to share this weekend, once I can get them downloaded!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #127
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
You got the ADRs done!
Hi!
Yes! I did! Very glad to have it finalized... Wanted to move one dinner, but the more I am seeing it I am growing into it, so I think we are set with our plans... I am looking forward to cleaning up the itinerary day to day!

And I have a few photos to post too, this week, so now I am just excited to see what everyone else is getting and their luck!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #128
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Some planning photos

When I made my ADR call yesterday, I had this great newly printed table I created for the ADR information... At the end of the call, it looked like a cross between a coaches playbook and a treasure map!

So after my calls, this morning I took the scribbled and crossed out version and typed out the actual ADR information. These will be transfered into my daily itinerary plans and spreadsheet that I am preparing and will ultimately get put into my Mickey binder-thingy!

Lastly, here is my Disney Birthday-Bag Stash! It is in my sewing room, sitting on DS's old changing table/dresser -- it makes a great staging area!!!

I'll keep adding things over the course of the next month, still need to get crocs, want to wait until April/May, to make sure feet are done growing! I bought a box from the Post office, not sure what I am going to do with that, and I got the big fun Mylar balloons to use in the surprise, too. Target had great stuff in the $1.00 section and at their Easter holiday section... I bought a few more books on Amazon, level 1 preK books for DS3... and glow bracelets for each of them for the spectro parade, etc.

I am going to start working on the daily itinerary now, and other planning using UG Touring Plans and TGM.. I like his website, it has been fun to explore!
Of course I have also been reading, reading and lurking on the DIS too! very helpful to ready everyone else's ideas and plans!

The ADRs make it real! Now that these are settled, it is easier to fill in the time between! Still so much to do, really need to get the Birthday surprise nailed down... Thanks for coming over, feel free to say Hi! I hope my PTR is keeping you somewhat entertained!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #129
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Your ADR sheet after your call looks like something I would do! I have to keep my hands busy when I am on the phone and whatever piece of paper I have gets written all over.

Your staging area looks awesome! I am trying to decide how long to wait until I buy summer shoes for the kids. I was thinking sometime in April...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 PM   #130
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I am just cracking up over your ADR sheet. I have a WHOLE notebook that looks like that from all of my scribbling when I am on the phone with Disney!

Look at all of those fun Disney purchases!! So very exciting. If you buy your crocs online, make sure you check for some coupon codes! I have gotten great deals at the croc website and shoebuy.com!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #131
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
When I made my ADR call yesterday, I had this great newly printed table I created for the ADR information... At the end of the call, it looked like a cross between a coaches playbook and a treasure map!

So after my calls, this morning I took the scribbled and crossed out version and typed out the actual ADR information. These will be transfered into my daily itinerary plans and spreadsheet that I am preparing and will ultimately get put into my Mickey binder-thingy!

Lastly, here is my Disney Birthday-Bag Stash! It is in my sewing room, sitting on DS's old changing table/dresser -- it makes a great staging area!!!

I'll keep adding things over the course of the next month, still need to get crocs, want to wait until April/May, to make sure feet are done growing! I bought a box from the Post office, not sure what I am going to do with that, and I got the big fun Mylar balloons to use in the surprise, too. Target had great stuff in the $1.00 section and at their Easter holiday section... I bought a few more books on Amazon, level 1 preK books for DS3... and glow bracelets for each of them for the spectro parade, etc.

I am going to start working on the daily itinerary now, and other planning using UG Touring Plans and TGM.. I like his website, it has been fun to explore!
Of course I have also been reading, reading and lurking on the DIS too! very helpful to ready everyone else's ideas and plans!

The ADRs make it real! Now that these are settled, it is easier to fill in the time between! Still so much to do, really need to get the Birthday surprise nailed down... Thanks for coming over, feel free to say Hi! I hope my PTR is keeping you somewhat entertained!
For the crocs - go to the company's online website. They had all disney crocs half off just a couple weeks ago when I ordered mine!

I like the Mickey box for the loot - hadn't thought about that! Great idea though!

My ADR sheet looked much worse. MUCH WORSE! Let's see - top I had all the park, who had EMH, when they were, park hours, etc. Projections of which park we'd be in and then projected ADRs on one line (had days going across top though & meals going down side) 1st line was what I WANTED and then two rows below each meal for adjustments. Color coded none the less (think red, yellow and green ) Black ink, a blue pen and a pencil. I'm a nutcase.

Imagine my stress when 2 weeks into this he wants to do the DxDP! I guess when we are going it won't be that crowded because I got my pick of everything except CM -then again, we have small ones so earlier dining times are ideal for us!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #132
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just read your report from beginning to end. I love it! Your boys are adorable. ITA re: 90 day ressies. I was completely stressed when I called and so surprised to have to take 3rd choices in some cases. Your list looks really good though. Your birthday goodies are so fun! Good luck with the surprise. Can't wait to hear how the reveal goes.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #133
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Hi I just popped on over from Chaleston Princess's PTR. I'm hooked but need to catch up.
Your boys are such cuties.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM   #134
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Hi! I just read your report from beginning to end. I love it! Your boys are adorable. ITA re: 90 day ressies. I was completely stressed when I called and so surprised to have to take 3rd choices in some cases. Your list looks really good though. Your birthday goodies are so fun! Good luck with the surprise. Can't wait to hear how the reveal goes.
Hi! So glad you came over! Thanks for reading my saga! I must say it has been a tremendous outlet since I am trying to keep the lid on this Disney trip!!! Can't talk about it too much in front of DSs! Don't want to spoil the surprise!

I know, I know, the ADR 90 day is a bit frustrating. I don't see how it keeps people from booking and rebooking. Maybe overbooking, but what does the time frame have to do with that ? At anyrate, I am happy, but it really now will make me uber nervous for our trip... where I am sure the ADRs are only more difficult to get... Ah well, I have plenty of time to fret about that!!! Well, isn't that nice to think about... I am definitely looking forward to the Birthday event ... I used to do theater, so I have some fun creative ideas in mind... I like the magic of theater and corny, staged stuff! and I love smilies!!!
Maybe this is why I Disney!

Thanks for coming along for the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Hi I just popped on over from Chaleston Princess's PTR. I'm hooked but need to catch up.
Your boys are such cuties.
Oh! Hello! And thanks for popping on over
CP's PTR rocks! Thanks for reading mine! Any advice or suggestions you have, feel free to share! I have learned so much from everyone else! This is my Disney outlet since I can't talk as freely as I would like at home (it's a surprise if you have not gotten there yet! ) Though DH is probably very happy that this is the case That is okay, his B-Day happens on the trip and I have a few gags in store for him, believe you me! Sometimes, when I go into my DS's rooms, where each of them have their pin lanyard hanging, I just want to jump up and down and say Guess What?!?!?!!? OF course I don't... but inside, I am
Thanks for reading and saying Hi!

Old 03-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #135
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Your ADR sheet after your call looks like something I would do! I have to keep my hands busy when I am on the phone and whatever piece of paper I have gets written all over.

Your staging area looks awesome! I am trying to decide how long to wait until I buy summer shoes for the kids. I was thinking sometime in April...
WOW, a fellow doodler!!?? As a teacher, I know you will appreciate this... Kids doodle all the time during school and I know it drives some teachers crazy b/c they think they are not attentive, etc., but as a former "student doodler" now grown adult "doodler" what is the problem? It is a method to stay focused It clearly works for me!!! Though if someone else were to try and decipher my scribbles ... It really is the Davinci code that Tim (of Lesley and Tim fame) was describing!!!! I have that problem of grabbing random pieces of paper to do this, too! The staging area is working out, so long as they don't discover my "hiding place" -- there is one of those "toddler safety door locks" on this room, so I think I am safe for now! Yeah, April sounds good for shoes, it is all about that spring growth spurt...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: