Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #91
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
OK. So. After seeing what you did to the clearance binder thing at Target, I was thinking that I should have done something similar. I went to a couple different Targets searching for some needed closet organization and in my tours of all the clearance end of aisle displays (at two different Targets, I might add) [doesn't EVERYONE love to do that at Target?] I did find that little binder still! Yay! I don't think that I will be taking it to the parks with me. I have a slightly different idea for it, but it was inspired by you!

And btw, there is a TON of Cars stuff in my Target's $1 area. You might want to check it out for your goodie bags. Stickers, small dry erase boards, magnets, etc etc.

I have to say that I totally admire your ability to remain secretive about this trip! I couldn't do it.

I love seeing the pictures.

Getting close to the big ADR day!!!
YES to the question "Doesn't everyone love to troll the clearance aisles at Target"

YAY to the $1.00 area, Great tip, so thanks! The boys love "Movie Cars"

COOL to you finding another binder thingy (that is what I have since named it!)

HA HA to me being totally stealth about this vacation, I am laughing at myself, see look...

AND

OMG -- to the fact that ADR day is in 4 days.... THURSDAY is it for me...

So there you have it!

I am working on my binder and other things to keep me busy. Spring break is not til April 2nd...

We are going away.. a whole week without internet, what am I going to do???!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #92
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay so this is totally, random... Disney tells me that my day to call is on Thursday, the 19th.... we check in to WL on the 17th... So that puts us at 3 mos. and 4 days... so why is it that my countdown ticker says 3mos 2 days? Do I have my day right? Must be that the ticker isn't set for the same dates, and for the same 24hrs? A random question, I know, but this is my PTR, so I don't feel too silly for asking...

In other news, well, there isn't any new news at this point. I did make it shopping today, got a few more "trip bag" items... Thanks Rabbit for the Target tip! The Easter aisle had other items that I grabbed as well... Now I will just patiently wait for Thursday... If I indeed have the day correct!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #93
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Okay so this is totally, random... Disney tells me that my day to call is on Thursday, the 19th.... we check in to WL on the 17th... So that puts us at 3 mos. and 4 days... so why is it that my countdown ticker says 3mos 2 days? Do I have my day right? Must be that the ticker isn't set for the same dates, and for the same 24hrs? A random question, I know, but this is my PTR, so I don't feel too silly for asking...

In other news, well, there isn't any new news at this point. I did make it shopping today, got a few more "trip bag" items... Thanks Rabbit for the Target tip! The Easter aisle had other items that I grabbed as well... Now I will just patiently wait for Thursday... If I indeed have the day correct!
I think it has to do with the fact that some months have 31 days!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #94
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I think it has to do with the fact that some months have 31 days!
Well that is a big "DUH" on my part, isn't it?!?!?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #95
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I get confused by the silly tickers too! Even though I know that is why they do it, I still get confused by them.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #96
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well that is a big "DUH" on my part, isn't it?!?!?
No, because it took me most of last year to figure it out!
Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 PM   #97
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
No, because it took me most of last year to figure it out!
Oh that is funny...... SO I got into such a panic after reading Laura's (IluvXU) PTR today, thinking that I had the dates wrong, that I immediately called Disney dining to make sure I didn't have my call day mixed up Can you say "paranoid?!?!?" It is fine, I am fine. I got some good advice from the CM though! So that is comforting.. it is like they are giving out therapy! Sign me up!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:34 PM   #98
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I get confused by the silly tickers too! Even though I know that is why they do it, I still get confused by them.
Isn't that funny -- even though we "get it" we still are not convinced we "get it"... I had a moment of panic thinking I had totally messed up my ADR day! That would have been it! I would have told DH we had to reschedule the trip for a date later in June so I wouldn't miss out on the much hyped ADR 7:00 call experience! I must have it! I must have a sleepless night and then wake up in time to stare at the clock waiting for it to turn to 6:59, then start to simultaneously dial all phones in the house trying to time the dialing so I am pressing that final button a 1/2 second before 7am, so I get the "pixie dust" sound on the other end of the phone that tells me I have made it through the phone grid! SURE this is exactly what I need to experience and don't want to miss out on.. what "fun"...

Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #99
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Happydog, you are totally CRACKING me UP!

I totally relate to your excitement over the ADR day. I am so excited that mine in on a Sunday and that I don't have to deal with DH and DS in any way. I'm free to just deal with Disney Dining that morning!

I was worried that I wouldn't figure out my date too, so when I made the changes to our ressie, I asked the CM to tell me which date I could call in!
Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #100
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Happydog, you are totally CRACKING me UP!

I totally relate to your excitement over the ADR day. I am so excited that mine in on a Sunday and that I don't have to deal with DH and DS in any way. I'm free to just deal with Disney Dining that morning!

I was worried that I wouldn't figure out my date too, so when I made the changes to our ressie, I asked the CM to tell me which date I could call in!

Well, what else do I have to do for the next 72 hours... wait. Is that 72 hours? Exactly? Maybe it is more like 66 hours...

Don't worry I will have plenty more quips before Thursday a.m. rolls around... believe you me...

Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #101
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

Sounds like your ADRs are stressing you out as much as mine stressed me out. I'm glad it's over and it was amazing how content I am with the final results. I thought I'd still be stressing about it weeks later and calling non-stop to make changes. Nope... just a couple little change, but no more stress.

And that's funny about your ticket... when I signed on today and finished getting caught up, I noticed that your ticker says 3 months and I was expecting today to be your ADR day!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #102
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up!

Sounds like your ADRs are stressing you out as much as mine stressed me out. I'm glad it's over and it was amazing how content I am with the final results. I thought I'd still be stressing about it weeks later and calling non-stop to make changes. Nope... just a couple little change, but no more stress.

And that's funny about your ticket... when I signed on today and finished getting caught up, I noticed that your ticker says 3 months and I was expecting today to be your ADR day!
Ha! You and me both! I have to keep rereading to remind myself...

THURSDAY... THURSDAY... THURRRRRRRRRRRRRRSDAY...

Old 03-17-2009, 07:18 PM   #103
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

See - in a way, I'm lucky. Both of our trips have been decided AFTER our ADR window opened. Luckily for me, we had a 7 day so when I booked this one (day after our ADR window) I had no time to stress. It was book - off the fly make plans and hope it worked with park hours

I'd be a total basket case of glee waiting for that date to come up though!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #104
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
See - in a way, I'm lucky. Both of our trips have been decided AFTER our ADR window opened. Luckily for me, we had a 7 day so when I booked this one (day after our ADR window) I had no time to stress. It was book - off the fly make plans and hope it worked with park hours

I'd be a total basket case of glee waiting for that date to come up though!
I wish I didn't have this pre-ADR anxiety! I do not need it I had no idea about booking in advance etc. when we did the ADRs for the Nov trip. Like you I was already in the "window" -- though the old system was still in place at that point... It will be fine, I am just going back and studying the different possibilities in case first choice and second choice don't work out. Now we just wait... How great to have your plans all organized and your trip so close!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #105
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wish I didn't have this pre-ADR anxiety! I do not need it I had no idea about booking in advance etc. when we did the ADRs for the Nov trip. Like you I was already in the "window" -- though the old system was still in place at that point... It will be fine, I am just going back and studying the different possibilities in case first choice and second choice don't work out. Now we just wait... How great to have your plans all organized and your trip so close!
You know. I haven't even thought about second choices. Hmmm. I wonder if I should? I guess I just figured I might not get the exact times I was hoping for, but would still get the place. I am considering the order that I should book my ADRs though. Like trying to rank what I think are the most popular TS choices. Have you done that?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: