Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #76
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsNew2Disney2008 View Post
Forgive me for skimming - but I wanted to chime in and say just about everywhere I've read, they seem pretty up front about CRT not being a good use of your credits if you are on the DDP. I don't know if you are on the DxDP if that makes more sense or what - but I've just always heard it was better to pay OOP.

We're skipping it this trip since DD is just turning 2. I have some friends that said they really enjoyed the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot - and it is only one credit.

From our last trip, hands down I was so happy with WCC kids meals. You know, I liked the DDP, but I was really, really not pleased with the kids selections. It was just like - okay, how many pizzas and chicken nuggets can he eat???? But their choices were so nice. I really liked that.

Again, I've been skimming - I'm not sure what your ADRs are at this point... I promise to get there soon.

PS - doing the one adult TS is pretty stinking smart there missy! I like that idea. However, I thought you menioned appetizer. Are you doing the DxDP? That threw me a bit.
Hi! Well, you know Rabbit actually made it make sense, using DDP at CRT for the KIDS, b/c it is an expensive meal even if you take the total and divide it in 1/2 -- still more than average dinner cost for kids meal, and it isn't just chicken nuggets, like you say... AND I agree on your comments -- it is a little frustrating, the kids menus are not always healthy and variety is important -- even to a 6 year old! SO, using DDP for the kids might be the way to go after all... However, it isn't for adults. 2 TS credits? No way. We are only going to CRT b/c I am trying to think of the most Disney-ish experience for my DH's B-day that I can come up with... I am doing it for effect, honestly -- but I also do know the boys will love going, and they will get swords, so I know it will be fun for them. My DH doesn't know... so while the trip is a surprise to the boys, CRT is a surprise for DH... We will all have fun.

I think WCC is a good choice, because it is at our resort, and will get us in the mood for the camp fire at FW. RE the one adult on the TS for Cali Grill, it is because we want to be able to order other items on the menu, not just an entree and dessert, and this is the one time I am hoping for a "free" dessert since it is DH's B-day ...It isn't necessarily "cost effective" this way, still paying OOP, but for this meal in particular, it is as close to "date night" as we are going to get on this trip, so we are going to make the most of it. So no we are not doing the deluxe, but for this ADR we will be branching out and ordering outside the plan, hence appetizers!
More in a little while...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *

Last edited by Happydog; 03-11-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: I can't type...
Old 03-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #77
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hiya!

I have read your plans and they look great. Congrats! on heading back for Christmas. We have never been for Christmas but plan to go 2010!

Anyhoo, your family is so cute and all those June birthdays! What a great Bday present, a trip to the World!

Looking forward to reading more
HI! Welcome!
Thanks for stopping by! RE Christmas, yes! Very much a surprise, but very much looking forward to it, too! For different reasons, obviously, really happy about June... Birthdays are all in June, it is comical. The 19th of March is by big ADR countdown day! I still have a week! I am going to burst!!! I cant stand the wait!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
The Yak & Yeti idea is a good one! I've seen pics of the lettuce wrap appie and it easily looks like something that would be good for a light lunch. Getting a nice break from the sun and into some a/c will be worth it at AK!

My DH wasn't interested at ALL in Tutto's. On one of our trips, DH and DS ended up using the bathroom there and so they walked through the restaurant, and DH was NOT impressed. I don't know if they totally changed the decor with the new name and all, but when I had mentioned the Italy TS, DH was like . I haven't even brought up the idea... I was debating just making a ressie there for our one wing it lunch day, but I know that DH and I both are thinking about the yummy swarmee platter at Tangeriene...

I'm just reading all over to keep me distracted...I really need to get painting in the powder room. I'm just not too motivated. But I should be. My parents are coming the first week of April!
Ah yes, all those things we are supposed to be doing instead of Ha! I get that!

Re the ADR for Tutto, vs. the Shwarma platter, yeah, YUM on that -- definitely one of our favorites too... Not sure we will even include Tutto's either after all that.... Yak and Yeti might be a "just in case ADR" ... I still have to think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Whew! Your ADRs are making me tired!! LOL! I'm glad you have it pretty much worked out!

I LOVE your binder! I don't take mine into the parks with me, but that looks like the perfect size. Nice Find!
Uh.. making YOU tired!?!?! If I could have made this call a week ago I would have been over it... I still have too much time on my hands since I can't DO anything yet!! I do have it mostly worked out... final edits in the next few days I think... RE Binder, Thanks! Wait till you see what I did to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Subscribing. I love seeing what others are doing for their June trips!! YAY
Hi! -- Me too!! I enjoy seeing what others come up with, their ideas, their special trips, etc... Are you headed to WDW in June?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #78
Happydog
DIS Veteran

The Cotton Ball and birthday surprises...

Well I am going to distract myself from looming ADR doom with some talk about my 6 year old son and my one photo from this past Nov. If you read earlier you know that right after I returned home on my Nov 08 trip, I inadvertently cleared my camera card... It was a drag, but I do have one photo to share -- Here is DS6 holding "the world" in his hands! It may be a bit blurry.. I also have photos that He took on this trip, with a disposable camera. I will share a few of these in a later post, because there are a couple funny ones... not light fixtures but definitely other "artifacts"! So here he is....

This is the sole photo from our trip (along with his random pickies)... DS 3 was passed out in the stroller when we had this taken. I like it because it really does look like he has what DS3 calls "the big cotton ball" in his grasp...

Moving on to a few other items, including what to do with the birthday surprise. If you have read earlier you know we have three June birthdays. Only DH's will officially fall on our vacation, but DS6 will turn 7 just a few days beforehand. Consequently, I am holding off on telling the boys about the trip until DS6's birthday. So I am simultaneously excited and frustrated! I want to tell them all about the fun we have planned but I can't! I am of course so excited to see his reaction, but doing this all on the sly has been funny.. It isn't like DH and I have not mentioned Disney in passing or in "code" he probably knows and isn't saying anything!! We'll we will have to wait until June, so thank goodness I can get my fill chatting on Disboard!

So with the surprise, I have decided to "fill" these WALL.E bags I bought on uber clearance at the Disney store with various disney gifts... Here is a shot of the bag and the gibbitz I bought (they are in the corner) 2 Bags and these were $9.00 total ... I was very pleased with this purchase b/c they are big WALL.E fans...

I plan to get the boys a new pair of Crocs for the trip and put these WALL.E gibbitz in them...

I also bought a bunch of stickers and a little photo book and two new disposable cameras and some Disney puzzles and books for each of them. I will share those in a new post.

As far as how they will find out, I was thinking I would craft a poem or create a scavenger hunt in the house.... I found a neat Disney balloon, it is Mickey in a car, a big mylar one, so I might order that and tape a "ticket" to it so when he discovers it he gets the invitation surprise for his B-day... this plan hasn't all come together yet, like my cursed ADR's!!!, but I think I am starting to put it all together. So let me share a few more photos with you and call it a night....

Last edited by Happydog; 03-11-2009 at 09:05 PM. Reason: photo size
Old 03-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #79
Happydog
DIS Veteran

That binder thingy

Okay, so I bought this silly binder at Target (I love Target...who doesn't love Target?!) and decided to turn it into my travel journal/notebook. Here is the "before" picture again...

And here is the "after" or the beginning of the "after" This is a work in progress!!!

Just the cover is done. I used a template I made and 3-D paint.. I will probably do more on the inside as well... So the inside is this...

and this...

and this. It came with divider pockets and so I took the back pages out of my UG and laminated them. They fit right into the pockets... I also added a few printed pages to the pockets (there is one per park). Then I reduced my spreadsheet and daily outline/plan to fit the binder (6 x 9) and I will be cutting these out and adding holes... It came with paper and such, so we'll see if I actually use these...

This final picture helps you get a sense for its actual size

Well that is all for now... I did order a few fun things that should come shortly, I will share these when I get them!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #80
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Don't dread your ADRs! Just remember that mine came together pretty painlessly!

I don't know how you are managing to keep it all a secret -- I would be absolutely bursting at this point!

I love the Wall-E bags -- those are too cute! Your binder is coming together nicely -- I like the smaller size on it!
Old 03-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #81
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Your trip journal is so cute! I love the mickey heads. Very cute.

I wouldn't be able to keep a WDW trip a surprise. No way. I am awful at keeping surprises a secret. I always end up telling.

The Wall-E bag is so cute!

Your ADRs will be just fine, I haven't been hearing any horror stories lately so you will have good luck too!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #82
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Don't dread your ADRs! Just remember that mine came together pretty painlessly!

I don't know how you are managing to keep it all a secret -- I would be absolutely bursting at this point!

I love the Wall-E bags -- those are too cute! Your binder is coming together nicely -- I like the smaller size on it!
Hi! Yes, I am trusting you that they will! Although I know I am not the only one who has called and "practiced" the phone call and made sure I could navigate through the marketing phone call system quickly so I can get to a live body! I programmed the phones, etc.. I even scheduled to go in late to work on that day! What a loser right?!?!?

Oh, the BURST factor is huge .. thank goodness I have a DIS outlet... I have never spent this much time online in my LIFE. I am just trying to stay occupied... That is what I keep telling myself!

Yes, I thought they were cute, too... they are just a nylon fabric type bag, I figure they can use them for pool stuff this summer... The Wall.E movie and characters are very popular with us. Almost replacing Cars!

Regarding the Binder, yes, I thought the size would be great. I am just starting to put things in it... Once I get my ADRs I can do more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your trip journal is so cute! I love the mickey heads. Very cute.

I wouldn't be able to keep a WDW trip a surprise. No way. I am awful at keeping surprises a secret. I always end up telling.

The Wall-E bag is so cute!

Your ADRs will be just fine, I haven't been hearing any horror stories lately so you will have good luck too!
Thank you! Kinda dorky, but I am like that!! It doesn't look like much, but I was so pleased with myself!! It looks neat in person. I just wanted to cover up the "mead" tag... I could have used stickers, but I wanted to do something on my own.

I know I know I am sure the ADR's will work out. I am happy with the changes I made. Now I just have to wait for a week!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #83
Happydog
DIS Veteran

More stuff for the Wall.E stuff sacks!

In my last post I mentioned that I had bought my son a photo album and some stickers. Here it is. I have started to decorate it. I will likely use some of the stickers in my trip binder as well. I got it at Michael's. It will hold a couple dozen photos.

This is a picture of some other gift items.. I got these little puzzles for each boy -- they love "Cars" and the books, one is a coloring/sticker book (for DS3) and the other is for DS6, it is a "novelization" of Bolt.. no movie, I know, but he has the same book for CloneWars and WALL.E. They are great chapter books, plenty challenging, and the boy loves to read.

I was hoping to find Disney Racers.... do they sell these at the Disney store? We have only bought them at WDW... I brought some home for xmas stockings last time. They are a big hit at our house.. especially the Star Wars models! Though I love the "little green man" from Toy Story!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-13-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #84
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Great stickers!!! Now I think I need to go to Michael's...
Old 03-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #85
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

The stickers are so cute, I think I have them floating around my house somewhere. I try not to go Disney crazy at Michael's but it's really really hard not too.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #86
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Great stickers!!! Now I think I need to go to Michael's...
I know! It is tempting! I wanted to make something he could put his photos in... he is not into the autographs, so I thought pictures woud be great for him to work on. Though he may finally get into the autograph bit this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
The stickers are so cute, I think I have them floating around my house somewhere. I try not to go Disney crazy at Michael's but it's really really hard not too.
They do have a lot of great things.. it is all too easy to go there and get things you "need"

I need to find some other trinkets to stick in the B-day bags, I can usually find something! Maybe I will see if Michael's has anything... Hmmmm I feel a shopping outing coming on tomorrow!! I tell my husband, well, I could be shopping on line or DISing on line... you tell me which you prefer?!

Last edited by Happydog; 03-21-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #87
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I did do a little online shoping this evening.... All very covertly, of course

I decided to get the Pinocchio DVD that just came out. We will want it soon enough, and we are going to want it for the train trip down to Disney... I thought that would get the boys in the mood.

I then went ahead and bought my fit flops from Amazon.. I just didnt want them to run out of my size...
This is the color I ordered, it is "oyster." They are leather uppers, and I think they will blend well with my packing plans...

Okay, have a great weekend, everyone! I am going to try and make it through the weekend without contemplating a change to my ADR plan!!! ..

Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #88
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Wow! You just started this thing and you already have 6 pages!! I'm along for the ride! Since I spoiled the surprise for my kids, I want to hear about yours.

Just letting you know I made it over here... Now I have to go back and read...
Old 03-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #89
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

OK. So. After seeing what you did to the clearance binder thing at Target, I was thinking that I should have done something similar. I went to a couple different Targets searching for some needed closet organization and in my tours of all the clearance end of aisle displays (at two different Targets, I might add) [doesn't EVERYONE love to do that at Target?] I did find that little binder still! Yay! I don't think that I will be taking it to the parks with me. I have a slightly different idea for it, but it was inspired by you!

And btw, there is a TON of Cars stuff in my Target's $1 area. You might want to check it out for your goodie bags. Stickers, small dry erase boards, magnets, etc etc.

I have to say that I totally admire your ability to remain secretive about this trip! I couldn't do it.

I love seeing the pictures.

Getting close to the big ADR day!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #90
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow! You just started this thing and you already have 6 pages!! I'm along for the ride! Since I spoiled the surprise for my kids, I want to hear about yours.

Just letting you know I made it over here... Now I have to go back and read...
Well Hello! a new reader! Great! So glad to have you join me -- I am still new to this PTR thing, but it has been fun... kinda my outlet since I am not able to share it with anyone else!!!! Well, my DH, of course, but he just thinks I am crazy for getting so excited about all this Disney stuff... I gotta have someone to talk to other than myself!!!

Hey, I don't know that this surprise will be all that in the end... watch the big build up be a total let down! I know they will be excited to go, but we'll see. I am having fun anyway!

There is a lot to read.... I tend to gab and gab... So don't say I didn't warn ya!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: