Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #61
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Thursday 6/18
AM EMH @ MK!
DH’s 38th B-Day!
Lunch ADR = CRT @ 1pm Ressie already made DDP for ONE adult, OOP for second adult
Return to WL around 3:30
R & R
Boat/Monorail to Poly
Drop off Boys @ Neverland Club
Dinner ADR = Cali Grill DDP for ONE adult, OOP for second
Pick up boys – See Wishes from Poly beach
This is the day that is causing all the problems....

Here is my issue. On the DDP, the CRT is two credits. Lunch is $37.99/24.99 for kids. This is w/o the holiday surcharge, which I am guessing is an additional $4.00 for adults, and $2.00 per child. So an additional $12.00.... I had to pay this in advance on my CC which I did, I don't remember the actual total, but I know it must have been close to $140.00.... they told me to call back and let them know I was on the dining plan so they could credit my card once the DDP was on my reservation, etc. The kids are going to the Neverland club (they get dinner included) We are going to Cali Grill -- and that is also a signature restaurant, so again 2 credits. I initally thought to pay OOP for one adult at CRT, and use DDP for the second adult and the two kids. Then pay OOP for one adult at Cali, and DDP for one adult at Cali, so we could order other things, appetizer, sushi, whatever, vs. the "entree/dessert" combo -- I was also hoping for a reason to score on a B-day dessert since it was DH's Bday dinner... Doing Cali that way seems to make sense to me. It is the CRT I am not sure about. If I pay OOP for both adults, I can plan for another ADR, maybe at AK, for instance, or WCC, which is what I was thinking, also. That would be more than the $42.00 wouldn't it? But then I also have the kids to think about, and if I paid for them OOP, vs. DDP for CRT, then I have it covered. However, I would THEN have TWO extra TS for kids (since I have 4 kid's TS's used with CRT!)
I am not sure if any of this makes sense, or if it is worth worrying about at this point... I have already paid for the CRT lunch. So I would get a credit back on my card for whatever I wasn't using... Not sure it it is worth the trouble/hassle? If I used the DDP for one child, it would be a$27.00 credit, and I wouldn't have the "extra 2 TS". Then we could all go to another TS restaurant. Did I lose everyone? I guess I am trying to figure out the value of doing OOP for CRT vs. DDP the way I was planning on it, kids and 1 adult... what is the better use of my credits, basically. DH and I do have a solo breakfast at GF cafe -- would that be a good use, and then just use Kid DDP credits for CRT and leave it at that? Just want to get this right...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #62
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Using DDP credits for your solo breakfast is not the best use of your dining credits. At best, you may equal the $42 charge, and at worst, you spend less than $42 for breakfast.

If you book another ressie, WCC for instance, or are you debating the character Tusker meal? With the two odd kid credits, maybe you could order a room service breakfast? Do it on a day when you don't have breakfast planned but want to get doing in a hurry?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #63
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
Using DDP credits for your solo breakfast is not the best use of your dining credits. At best, you may equal the $42 charge, and at worst, you spend less than $42 for breakfast.

If you book another ressie, WCC for instance, or are you debating the character Tusker meal? With the two odd kid credits, maybe you could order a room service breakfast? Do it on a day when you don't have breakfast planned but want to get doing in a hurry?
Yeah, you are right, a breakfast didn't seem worth the credits, I agree... regarding the two odd kid credits, though, do you think it is a waste to use any of them on CRT? If it were breakfast I would say absolutely. Lunch isn't that much more and tip and all is included... Your idea about the room service is a good one... Maybe on our last morning there... While we pack... Thanks for that!! I am going to think on it.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #64
nts4wdw
DIS Veteran

I just skimmed through your PTR so far because we will be ther at the same time! We are going down on the 13th and coming back on the 22. Your family is very cute!! You've got some great ideas for ADRs. We've got a couple but we eat alot of counter service. There are still a ton of those we haven't tried. I don't always get to post because I read on the treadmill, but I'll be around. Looking forward to more!

Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #65
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nts4wdw View Post
I just skimmed through your PTR so far because we will be ther at the same time! We are going down on the 13th and coming back on the 22. Your family is very cute!! You've got some great ideas for ADRs. We've got a couple but we eat alot of counter service. There are still a ton of those we haven't tried. I don't always get to post because I read on the treadmill, but I'll be around. Looking forward to more!
Hello! And thank you for the feedback, though these ADRs are giving me a little headache right now.. I have never thought to read th DISboard on the treadmill, you have just given me a very good self-discipline tool to get myself off my butt... curses!!!!!! We have a treadmill, I would just be afraid that I would lose the computer! no wait, that image won't work if I am running on a rubber conveyer belt. I normally tempt myself with DTV... Anyhoo, thanks for coming over, and thanks for the good/bad idea, and glad you stopped by! I zipped over to yours as well... I just read your "worst meal ever" OH NO!!!! This is where we are going for my DH's B-day -- Great!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #66
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, you are right, a breakfast didn't seem worth the credits, I agree... regarding the two odd kid credits, though, do you think it is a waste to use any of them on CRT? If it were breakfast I would say absolutely. Lunch isn't that much more and tip and all is included... Your idea about the room service is a good one... Maybe on our last morning there... While we pack... Thanks for that!! I am going to think on it.
So, lunch will be 26.99 per child for 2 TS credits. I looked at Tutto (btw, I am seriously thinking about adding that ressie to our list! The kids menu there looks AWESOME! DS LOVES cheese sticks and they have that for an app.) and the kids meals are all $9.50 and the desserts are all $5.00. That's $14.50 plus tax, around 6.5%, so that's $15.44 for 1 credit.

In many other restaurants, I see a basic all inclusive kids meal of $7.59, after tax, $8.08. (Which really makes Tutto sound that much better for kids, eh?). That's a grand total of $23.52 for two TS credits at other restaurants. So, paying for CRT is a better deal than paying for two other restaurants.

UNLESS, you do something like a character meal for breakfast, which is $10.99 at Tusker, or $12.99 with the surcharge, or $13.84 after tax. That at Tutto is $29.27, which is a better deal than CRT.

But seriously, I would have to review your ADRs, which I can't see right now, to see if maybe it would be better for your to pay OOP for two different cheapo kids TS (LeCellier would be one actually, because they have the all inclusive $7.59 deal) and use TS credits for CRT, Tutto, and a buffet.

What a juggling act! But seriously, you would do well to check it all out.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #67
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, lunch will be 26.99 per child for 2 TS credits. I looked at Tutto (btw, I am seriously thinking about adding that ressie to our list! The kids menu there looks AWESOME! DS LOVES cheese sticks and they have that for an app.) and the kids meals are all $9.50 and the desserts are all $5.00. That's $14.50 plus tax, around 6.5%, so that's $15.44 for 1 credit.

In many other restaurants, I see a basic all inclusive kids meal of $7.59, after tax, $8.08. (Which really makes Tutto sound that much better for kids, eh?). That's a grand total of $23.52 for two TS credits at other restaurants. So, paying for CRT is a better deal than paying for two other restaurants.

UNLESS, you do something like a character meal for breakfast, which is $10.99 at Tusker, or $12.99 with the surcharge, or $13.84 after tax. That at Tutto is $29.27, which is a better deal than CRT.

But seriously, I would have to review your ADRs, which I can't see right now, to see if maybe it would be better for your to pay OOP for two different cheapo kids TS (LeCellier would be one actually, because they have the all inclusive $7.59 deal) and use TS credits for CRT, Tutto, and a buffet.

What a juggling act! But seriously, you would do well to check it all out.
You are lovely!!! Thanks so much for helping me see through this a little! I am going to take a look at it the way you described it, it doesn't seem like the KIDS credits are a waste with CRT, just the adult... I was also thinking that I might go ahead pay OOP for adult CRT and get WCC for dinner, and pay OOP for the kids there... which is that $7.59 deal.. But now your point about Tutto and a Character Buffet is interesting, too. Yes, I liked the Tutto menu for kids for sure...
Gads! So many decisions! Regardless, you really helped me think it through It is just 11pm here... Must go to bed!!!

Wait till you see my dorky binder. I am so pleased with my crafty self! (and I mean that as in ARTS and CRAFTS -- I am only the other kind of crafty when it comes to getting the most $$ for my DDP credits! )

Looking forward to more posts on your PTR!!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #68
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

OK. So from a child's perspective:

Tutto is the MOST expensive child menu. Definitely a good use of a credit for a kid.

A buffet is the next most expensive meal, especially with the holiday pricing, you know, for that HOLIDAY that occurs in the middle of June. So, Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, and, if you did it, Tusker House, are definitely a good use of child credits.

Chef would be next on the list.

WCC and LeCellier would somewhat tie and be next if you thought your kids would order the one item on the menu that adds the $2 charge to the standard $7.59 all inclusive. Otherwise, these would be the same cost as The Wave.

The Wave is the cheapest with the $7.59 all inclusive.

CRT is a good deal for 2TS for a kid, the equivalent of two buffets, slightly more than two Chefs, but less then two Tuttos. Make sense?

I guess I would conclude that if you decided to add WCC or Tusker, that you should pay OOP for the Wave for the kids.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #69
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are lovely!!! Thanks so much for helping me see through this a little!......Regardless, you really helped me think it through It is just 11pm here... Must go to bed!!!

Wait till you see my dorky binder. I am so pleased with my crafty self! (and I mean that as in ARTS and CRAFTS -- I am only the other kind of crafty when it comes to getting the most $$ for my DDP credits! )

Looking forward to more posts on your PTR!!

You are so sweet!

I should be going to bed. But daylight savings, UGH!, it messes with me. I'm NOT tired. I know I will be tomorrow, but that doesn't help me sleep tonight!

I'm excited to see your binder. I don't think it's dorky. I saw those binders on the clearance racks at Target. I don't think that I would carry that into the parks. I don't carry a bag that big.

I have been neglecting my PTR. I feel like I am just biding my time until I can make my ADRs. I thought I had it all figured out and then you made me look at the Tutto menu! I think Bolt would like to eat the food there. Hmmm.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #70
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are so sweet!

I should be going to bed. But daylight savings, UGH!, it messes with me. I'm NOT tired. I know I will be tomorrow, but that doesn't help me sleep tonight!

I'm excited to see your binder. I don't think it's dorky. I saw those binders on the clearance racks at Target. I don't think that I would carry that into the parks. I don't carry a bag that big.

I have been neglecting my PTR. I feel like I am just biding my time until I can make my ADRs. I thought I had it all figured out and then you made me look at the Tutto menu! I think Bolt would like to eat the food there. Hmmm.
BOY do I hear you on the Daylight Savings messes me up too...

OKAY, well I made updates to my tentative plan, I did. Back on my original post, #30 I think, titled "ADR's and When are we going to go back to the Cotton Ball?" (which is how DS3 describes Space Ship Earth at Epcot )
I went ahead and did OOP on the CRT, and picked WCC for another TS, and then selected Yak & Yeti for lunch sit down, with the kids, instead of a QS lunch on the second AK day... we will just get an appetizer and a round of drinks. This will get us out of the sun, give the kids lunch, and while it is an OOP for us, it won't be much. The Tuskerhouse Breakfast was a thought as well, but we are not big breakfast eaters... at least that is where I am right now... might reconsider, but I think that works for us given that I was dealing with those two extra Child TS credits... We are still paying OOP for stuff, I was expecting that, but not nearly enough to justify deluxe... if only b/c I know we would spend that much for these other items, drinks, pirate cruise, etc. Not necessarily food.... and we have a few extra QS meals I can use here and there at the park or resort as snack meals, whenever we choose... Definitely around Epcot... I checked out how much the TS meals were running with the DDP, and without, and I was already calculating close to $500.00 which is just shy of the cost for the Adults on the plan as it is, so even with the extra OOP items, we still are getting our $ worth out of the plan. I had a few other thoughts, and I might mull those over more before I am sure, but I still have a few days to think about it... The other idea has to do with the Brown Derby.. But I won't bore you with the details!! NOW I just have to hope we get the ADRs!!!!

My DH thought that Tutto's looked "okay" for us... he thinks we'll get the other ADRs we want... I am not so sure, so if we don't, Tutto's is backup. But I am still impressed with the new kids' menu.. I wonder if they will be updating their current adult menu as well...

Oh, right there with you about posts to PTR... I am working on my binder thingy to keep me distracted!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #71
UsNew2Disney2008
DIS Veteran - who'd rather be at WDW right now!

Forgive me for skimming - but I wanted to chime in and say just about everywhere I've read, they seem pretty up front about CRT not being a good use of your credits if you are on the DDP. I don't know if you are on the DxDP if that makes more sense or what - but I've just always heard it was better to pay OOP.

We're skipping it this trip since DD is just turning 2. I have some friends that said they really enjoyed the Princess Storybook Breakfast in Epcot - and it is only one credit.

From our last trip, hands down I was so happy with WCC kids meals. You know, I liked the DDP, but I was really, really not pleased with the kids selections. It was just like - okay, how many pizzas and chicken nuggets can he eat???? But their choices were so nice. I really liked that.

Again, I've been skimming - I'm not sure what your ADRs are at this point... I promise to get there soon.

PS - doing the one adult TS is pretty stinking smart there missy! I like that idea. However, I thought you menioned appetizer. Are you doing the DxDP? That threw me a bit.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:51 AM   #72
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went ahead and did OOP on the CRT, and picked WCC for another TS, and then selected Yak & Yeti for lunch sit down, with the kids, instead of a QS lunch on the second AK day... we will just get an appetizer and a round of drinks. This will get us out of the sun, give the kids lunch, and while it is an OOP for us, it won't be much. The Tuskerhouse Breakfast was a thought as well, but we are not big breakfast eaters... at least that is where I am right now... might reconsider, but I think that works for us given that I was dealing with those two extra Child TS credits...

The other idea has to do with the Brown Derby.. But I won't bore you with the details!! NOW I just have to hope we get the ADRs!!!!

My DH thought that Tutto's looked "okay" for us... he thinks we'll get the other ADRs we want... I am not so sure, so if we don't, Tutto's is backup. But I am still impressed with the new kids' menu.. I wonder if they will be updating their current adult menu as well...

Oh, right there with you about posts to PTR... I am working on my binder thingy to keep me distracted!
The Yak & Yeti idea is a good one! I've seen pics of the lettuce wrap appie and it easily looks like something that would be good for a light lunch. Getting a nice break from the sun and into some a/c will be worth it at AK!

My DH wasn't interested at ALL in Tutto's. On one of our trips, DH and DS ended up using the bathroom there and so they walked through the restaurant, and DH was NOT impressed. I don't know if they totally changed the decor with the new name and all, but when I had mentioned the Italy TS, DH was like . I haven't even brought up the idea... I was debating just making a ressie there for our one wing it lunch day, but I know that DH and I both are thinking about the yummy swarmee platter at Tangeriene...

I'm just reading all over to keep me distracted...I really need to get painting in the powder room. I'm just not too motivated. But I should be. My parents are coming the first week of April!
Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #73
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hiya!

I have read your plans and they look great. Congrats! on heading back for Christmas. We have never been for Christmas but plan to go 2010!

Anyhoo, your family is so cute and all those June birthdays! What a great Bday present, a trip to the World!

Looking forward to reading more

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
Old 03-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #74
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Whew! Your ADRs are making me tired!! LOL! I'm glad you have it pretty much worked out!

I LOVE your binder! I don't take mine into the parks with me, but that looks like the perfect size. Nice Find!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #75
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Subscribing. I love seeign what others are doing for their June trips!! YAY

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: